Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
AMAZING Male Fantasy Characters- Hall of Fame Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:33 pm
Have you ever squealed in delight when your favorite male character got the ending you wanted in a really good book? Or were you disappointed that he didn't suddenly materialize in front of you when the book was finished? Who is the first person who pops into your head when you read the words "favorite male character"?

Feel free to rave like a fangirl. Just keep it PG. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:42 pm
Well... let's see... my favorite fantasy guy has got to be Roiben, from Holly Black's Modern Faerie Tale books. He just seems so... real. Plus, silver hair. Always a plus.

But if you count science fiction into fantasy, then I'd definitely change my answer to Balthier from Final Fantasy XII!!! xd

I think they are actually very similar. They're both suave, and they're both the best at what they do. And they both have bizarre girlfriends. Well, technically Kaye is Roiben's consort.  

Lhia Dunwaith

Lady Midori

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:31 pm
Well, if we talking Final Fantasy...what about Squall Leonhart from FFVIII? Or Auron from FFX? Or Vincent Valentine from FFVII? They are definitely my favourites! heart

As to other sources of fantasy...I'd have to think about it. I'll get back to you with a list... sweatdrop Ha ha.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:28 am
I suppose it's not technically fantasy, but defintely Kristopher Ravena from Shattered Mirror, by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. SO my dream guy!!! *excited fangirl scream* Seriously, he's artistic, sweet, romantic, and really gorgeous (and a vampire too, but that just makes him more interesting). heart  

maidentears

Lady Whispers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:34 am
Hmm.... well I'm sure someone will say Edward or Jacob from twilight, so I'll leave that to them.

Oh! Fang! From the Maximum Ride series, he is so.... *sigh*. Yeah. Plus with the black wings and the whole dark thing, my imagination just makes him my favorite! Sure, I'll give a fangirl scream.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:45 am
icechild21
Hmm.... well I'm sure someone will say Edward or Jacob from twilight, so I'll leave that to them.

Oh! Fang! From the Maximum Ride series, he is so.... *sigh*. Yeah. Plus with the black wings and the whole dark thing, my imagination just makes him my favorite! Sure, I'll give a fangirl scream.

My sister would say Edward, but I detested them both by the end of the series.

I do like Fang, but I wanted to slap him in the third book. The end was good, though, I have to say that.  

Lhia Dunwaith

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am
Lady Midori
Well, if we talking Final Fantasy...what about Squall Leonhart from FFVIII? Or Auron from FFX? Or Vincent Valentine from FFVII? They are definitely my favourites! heart

As to other sources of fantasy...I'd have to think about it. I'll get back to you with a list... sweatdrop Ha ha.

I know the first two, but not the last one. There is at least one likable guy in every Final Fantasy game. Sometimes even several.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:13 pm
Lhia_Dunwaith
icechild21

My sister would say Edward, but I detested them both by the end of the series.

I do like Fang, but I wanted to slap him in the third book. The end was good, though, I have to say that.

I know! That was totally- I mean, let me revise that- very nearly unforgivable, what he did. just leaving like that, all "Choose me or him". But the ending was good, I was happy about that. I heard that there is only 7 or 8 days left until the 4th is out. but I'm suspicious...  

Lady Whispers

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:08 pm
Lord Sesshomaru! *sigh* heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:32 pm
Tavi from Jim Butcher's Codex Alera is awesome. You get to watch him grow from a farm boy who knows nothing to a Captain of an Army who knows everything. Well maybe not Everything lol but you get the point.  

Heartless Hippie

Shameless Lover

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nudist Colony 200

vgraceabutterfly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:29 pm
Lock Lamora from The Lies of Lock Lamora (one of the coolest books ever) he just soooo cool and loyal to his girlfreind even though she's not even on the same country as him, and he's a total bad boy.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:32 am
Sita Carew

DEFINTELY!!!

by the way, does anyone here read The Queen's Knight manga? It's amazing, you all should. Reino, from it, has to be the most gorgeous manga hero/villain ever drawn... *swoons*  

maidentears

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:56 am
maidentears
Sita Carew

DEFINTELY!!!

by the way, does anyone here read The Queen's Knight manga? It's amazing, you all should. Reino, from it, has to be the most gorgeous manga hero/villain ever drawn... *swoons*

I got halfway through the first one, and I decided not to buy it.

...You're saying I should? I like manga guys... A LOT... xd Perhaps WAY TOO MUCH!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:42 pm
George from Tortall. He's just got that rouge thing going on.  

kanani_star

Lady Whispers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:54 pm
Lhia_Dunwaith
maidentears
Sita Carew

DEFINTELY!!!

I got halfway through the first one, and I decided not to buy it.

...You're saying I should? I like manga guys... A LOT... xd Perhaps WAY TOO MUCH!

At the moment, I am tentitivly exploring manga. What series are Lord Sesshomaru and Reino from? The latter from the Queen's Knight? Are they Shojo?  
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff