Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Women in Islam Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:32 pm
Hi.
I'm curious about the status of women in Islam.
Are women considered equal to men?
What about power of the husband and wife in a family? How does that balance out?
Is anyone currently in a marriage situation in Islam? What's it like?
.....and where could I go to find more information about such things?
I was thinking about the Qu'ran...but there are so many interpretations I was thinking about visiting a mosque and talking to an imam...but I don't know how such things work and if there is a specific way to approach the mosque and the imam....  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:18 am
Ratri_Cat
Hi.
What about power of the husband and wife in a family? How does that balance out?
I was thinking about the Qu'ran...but there are so many interpretations I was thinking about visiting a mosque and talking to an imam...but I don't know how such things work and if there is a specific way to approach the mosque and the imam....

Assalamu'alaikum.

Generally Islam would rule a mutual relationship between male and female.

Believe it or not, women in Islam, assigned in a very heavy job: taking care of children. Therefore their position is higher than a male in some cases.

Such as, the person who a child should love, the first three names should be "Mother", then, "Father".

I suggest this site: www.missionislam.com

Although if you can't find what you searched, they have some trusted affiliates.

Wassalam.  

Emperor of Mistekreuz

-keisha rayana hanaquil-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:28 pm
actually,. in our generation today, women are almost becoming leader. but, for me it is just right for them to have work for her family. i think, men are the one who deserves to be leader. i don't know, but base on my observation men do lead better than women. even i am a girl, i would say this and i prefer more to have good work because if i can be a mother then i would just think of my kids and work. leading people will just be a problem for a lot of responsibilities. sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:42 am
Emperor of Mistekreuz
Ratri_Cat
Hi.

Assalamu'alaikum.

Generally Islam would rule a mutual relationship between male and female.

Believe it or not, women in Islam, assigned in a very heavy job: taking care of children. Therefore their position is higher than a male in some cases.

Such as, the person who a child should love, the first three names should be "Mother", then, "Father".

I suggest this site: www.missionislam.com

Although if you can't find what you searched, they have some trusted affiliates.

Wassalam.

Thank you for your help!
....I'm curious about one thing though...what if the husband wants to stay home and take care of the kids? is such a thing permissable?  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:48 am
-keisha rayana hanaquil-
actually,. in our generation today, women are almost becoming leader. but, for me it is just right for them to have work for her family. i think, men are the one who deserves to be leader. i don't know, but base on my observation men do lead better than women. even i am a girl, i would say this and i prefer more to have good work because if i can be a mother then i would just think of my kids and work. leading people will just be a problem for a lot of responsibilities. sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop

hmm....I've seen both good and bad of female and male leaders. I don't think that one gender is superior than the other...
eh, I'm going to be an Army officer, so I have to be able to lead people. Why can't you be a leader at home too? Someone has to be able to see that the children are raised well. If you can't control your children, how will they respect you? It's not just a matter of being told to respect someone, you also have to earn it as well. I've learned to respect people in authority that way.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:19 am
Ratri_Cat
-keisha rayana hanaquil-

hmm....I've seen both good and bad of female and male leaders. I don't think that one gender is superior than the other...
eh, I'm going to be an Army officer, so I have to be able to lead people. Why can't you be a leader at home too? Someone has to be able to see that the children are raised well. If you can't control your children, how will they respect you? It's not just a matter of being told to respect someone, you also have to earn it as well. I've learned to respect people in authority that way.

A woman have to care the childrens, like giving them milk and stuff. And the father is the leader of the family, that is logik ain't it?

But i think it's ok for a lady to be leader in a job. I don't think the qur'an says it's wrong.  

Zaakii

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:45 pm
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
-keisha rayana hanaquil-

A woman have to care the childrens, like giving them milk and stuff. And the father is the leader of the family, that is logik ain't it?

But i think it's ok for a lady to be leader in a job. I don't think the qur'an says it's wrong.

what if the father wants to take care of the kids?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:52 pm
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
-keisha rayana hanaquil-

It's hes responsibility to do it! But first mom.  

Zaakii

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:29 pm
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
-keisha rayana hanaquil-

So Islam is ok with the stay-at-home dad?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:29 pm
Sorry if someone ready said what im about to write...
I only read the 1st post...

Ok men & women are equal... (in the quran that is) some people who dont follow the quran properly are corrupt and some times treat muslim women un-equally...

Certain things men have upper hand... and women have upper hand on other things...

Example: (women upper hand) women can work if they choose & dont have to give money to their parents if they choose not to... where as if parents ask their son for money he must at least try to pay up... sounds wrong but its the truth...

Example: (men upper hand) men can have more then 1 wife as long as he treats them equally... again it might sound wrong but its the truth...

Theres lots more... do the research and you should find quite alot smile just make sure the sites you check are not (fake muslim imposters)

THIS ANSWER WAS INSPIRED BY BANGALI FUNGHA HE ALSO PLAYS GAIA ONLINE

Lily Da Bangali Rani

-keisha rayana hanaquil-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:36 pm
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
-keisha rayana hanaquil-

yes of course because he has the responsibility too. ryt?, sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:23 am
-keisha rayana hanaquil-
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

Yes, there is nothing wrong with that! But the mom must thake care most.  

Zaakii

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:18 am
Zaaki
-keisha rayana hanaquil-
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

Yes, there is nothing wrong with that! But the mom must thake care most.

that's what I was getting confused about. If the wife goes out to work and the husband stays at home with the kids and spends the most time with them...is that wrong? and why?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:29 am
Assalamu'alaikua.

Because men body and minds were really designated to work, nothing more nothing less. Honestly some men would prefer as what you said. But then again...

Another reason would be a child, needs his/her mother love the most.

Wassalamu'alaika.  

Emperor of Mistekreuz

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:52 am
Emperor of Mistekreuz
Assalamu'alaikua.

Because men body and minds were really designated to work, nothing more nothing less. Honestly some men would prefer as what you said. But then again...

Another reason would be a child, needs his/her mother love the most.

Wassalamu'alaika.

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

hmmm...why do you say that? I understand the physical abilities of men are greater (the Army proves it to me all the time). But most work these days aren't physically exhausting that can effectively support a family...at least not the ones with a college degree....
but men more capable of thinking about work? I don't understand. Are you talking about mood swings during the menstruation cycle? we're perfectly capable of functionally normal under those circumstances, thank you very much.

I see your point about needing the mother's love...but I fail to see why men dominate women in terms of thinking for working....

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff