[PRP] A peaceful respite - Cor and Mama

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Larges paws stepped lightly, soundlessly, as if he were a ghost himself, the unseen spirit of nature. Eyes searched the land, ears listening to the sounds around him, the voice of the land and the creatures that surrounded him. The land may have seemed inhospitable, foreboding, certainly full of mystery and the unknown. But like every land on earth, there were those that saw the beauty in the land and life that thrived.

To the god of nature, all land and every life was precious. Whether it be Africa or the furthest reaches of the antartic, the largest predator, or the smallest insect, all life was his forest, his protectorate. There were those that he had been unable to protect, that had fallen to the greed that ravished the forest, to those who did not respect the spirits of nature. Never again would he allow such tragedies to happen, a vow borne by the pelt on his back, those who dared to harm the land would fall to his wrath.

He did not remain in any one land for long, always journeying to the next, exacting his vengeance when needed, offering comfort, guidance, or simply friendship when it wasn't. He watched over and protected all he could, relying on avatars to alert him to the greatest danger. Yet even as an immortal, he was only one creature. A peaceful land such as this one, seemingly untouched by poachers (perhaps they feared it), was a comfort to the weary druid.

A deep breath, a soft sigh, his senses relaxed briefly, long enough for his antlers to catch in an overhanging branch of a tree he had merely glanced at until that moment. Well that was...awkward.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:16 pm
For Mama Bwawa, this land was far from inhospitable. Many of those who visited seemed to find it distasteful, but for her the swamp was paradise. Of course, that was hardly a surprise - she was the Goddess of Swamps, after all. It would have been very bizarre indeed if she did not love the lands that were everything she was.

The goddess rested as she preferred to, submerged almost entirely in a murky pool. She lay in the water very like a crocodile, with just enough of her head above the surface that she could breathe. Due to her color and the algae that collected in the tuft of hair on her head, she would be very easy to miss with her eyes close; which they were, until she distinctly heard the sound of movement nearby.

Curious, she blinked her blue eyes open - why, it was a god! And quite deep in the swamps, too, when most never bothered to venture past the edges. Lifting her horned head from the water, she purred, "Hello."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:58 pm
The lion ducked, antlers clicking against the branches as his head turned, pulling free of the three's grasp. His movements were gentle and calm, as if more concerned he not harm the tree than for the sake of his own antlers. Shaking his hide clear of fallen debris, he looked to the tree again, a soft smile on his maw in apology, a mental note made to keep a closer eye on his antlers in the future.

An ear twitched, gaze turning to settle on the source of the voice, settling on the dark form that blended so well with the watery earth. Were he a mortal he might have thought a spirit had spoken, for the goddess truly did appear as if she were a part of the earth itself. So at peace she seemed, she must have been the guardian of this land.

"Hello, I apologize for disturbing you."

A kind smile, a respectful bow, Corellon settled on his haunches at the water's edge, tail flicking silently at his paws.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:29 pm
"There's nothing to apologize for," she assured the stranger, pulling herself slowly from the water, "For I am not disturbed." She didn't shake herself dry, because she didn't mind being wet. She quite liked it, actually. She simply let the water run off of her; of course, it also spared the other from getting an impromptu shower.  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:25 pm
He sat in silence for a moment, eyes following the ripples of the water, ears flicking at the sounds of life around them, savoring the peace of the land. It was then that he noticed, perhaps too late, that the goddess had risen from the water, silently thankful that she had not shaken her coat, for between his delayed reaction and a hurried to glance above to be sure his antlers would not catch the trees again, he certainly would have been drenched himself. That's not to say he minded the water, it was the unexpected shower he may have objected to.

Settling again, his gazed turned back to the goddess, taking in her appearance as well as her posture.

"That is good to know, for I would hate to think that I had done anything to disturb this magnificent land."

His words were not meant as flattery or the mindless rambles of one seeking favor, but simply as a statement of fact, for truly this land was beautiful.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:33 pm
Her appearance, like her lands, was also viewed with distaste by some. Though her form was as fine as anyone's, she didn't exactly keep herself clean. Mud, as well as bits and pieces of plantlife, clung to her. Algae had made a pleasant home of her feathers, and there was even a snail or two to be seen on her. One was just now making its slow way onto one of her curling horns.

Mama took his compliment with affectionate pride, tail flicking at her paws. "Magnificent is not something many have called it; for that alone, I would welcome you."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:29 pm
His tail twitched thoughtfully, an appreciate smile on his maw. There were those who did not understand, those who did not seek to destroy, but still did not see that all life was precious, who judged on appearance and superstition rather than by the heart that lay within. Whether from the wisdom of his domain, or simply the knowledge of lifetimes past, the god knew well what was missed, and how much was lost, when one failed to look beneath. Far from turned off, he saw the charm in her appearance, the beauty of her form, truly one with the land she protected.

"That is unfortunate, for all land, as all life, is beautiful."

For his own part, Corellon could have been called majestic, mysterious as the forest stag, the fallen bear, the spirit of the forest seldom seen yet always watching. He was a tall creature, his height accented by a crown of antlers, the silver of his own hide hidden beneath the pelt of the last atlas bear, wings broad as an owl's, his face concealed beneath the mask of a wolf. He was nature itself, one with his forest, just as the goddess before him was one with the swamp.

"Forgive me, I have not given my name. I am Corellon, god of nature."

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:11 pm
"Perhaps, if more thought that way, I would have more visitors." The goddess laughed. She didn't mind, per se, but it would have been nice to see more such as herself...and who weren't near to intolerable, like Nightmare and War. To each their own, of course, but she didn't appreciate rudeness - or possible danger to her pride.

"Nature...so that's why you like it here." Mama smiled. "I am Mama Bwawa, of the Swamps."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:30 pm
"It seems we have much in common, it is a pleasure to meet you."

His tail flicked lightly at his paws, pondering the truth of her words. It was truly unfortunate that more did not share that thought whether immortal or mortal. If there were more creatures who respected the beauty in all of the earth than surely there would be more peaceful lands such as this, and the life in danger of fading would instead grow strong.

"Though I must wonder why we have never crossed paths before."

Or perhaps they had, and he simply didn't remember. It was possibly they had crossed in some past life, a meeting lost in the memories of rebirth, could any of them really retain all knowledge they had once learned?

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:37 pm
"I do not often leave my lands," Mama admitted, "And so mostly I find myself merely sumbled across." The last time she'd deigned to leave the swamp had been to steal that blue cub from the Pridelands. It made her think...perhaps it was about time to pay another visit?

"Although, now that our paths have crossed...maybe you'd like me to show you around?"

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:51 pm
A smile spread across his maw, a gentle warmth in his eyes. With a small bow he rose to his paws, taking a step back as if to tell her to lead the way. A tour with the guardian of the swamp sounded like a wonderful idea.

"I would like that."

Green eyes gazed over the land from horizon to horizon, the water, earth, trees, the mottling of sunlight reflected on the murky surface. He could not have asked for a more magnificent place to spend the day, or a creature he would have rather seen it with.

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games