Reply Super Smash Bros. Guild
Link, Fox, and many others nerfed? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samurai Kacheek

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:21 pm
I was always a Link user back in the Melee days, and I say I kicked some a**. Brawl is great and all but, does anyone else see how they made alot of the characters worse? Link and Fox for instance, both slower in run speed. Links smashes take much longer to charge, his Up B Sword Spin requires a charge to be as strong as it used to be.

Personally, I think Sonic caused many of the other characters to be slow so he could boast his speed.

But I've had little time to play against other people, I don't have online just yet. Maybe it's the NPCs who are just better and harder for me? Discuss and rant!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:34 pm
”Sometimes I wish I was a lesbian.”

User Image
User Image

----------------------------------

Well, it's a good thing in (my opinion) that they "nerfed" many of the characters. It balances the game out more.

Peach (my main) is weaker than she was before, and her second jump is almost non-existent at first I was annoyed but ow I'm fine with it.

And besides they've also boosted some of they lacking character's stats, to help balance them out.

i.e Zelda (my twin's main) is faster now, her Din's Fire has a larger explosion range, and her jumping is better. Though her smashes are just as powerful. That's a little unfair, but whatever.

And Captain Falcon is still as fast as before... >>

----------------------------------

User Image
User Image

”You’re so great. I love you.”

Captain S McBobble

Samurai Kacheek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:17 pm

I suppose thats true, I guess I'll have to move on from Link..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:29 pm
It's just a matter of getting used to it. Once you do, they're still some of the fastest attacking characters.  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

kirbyrocks101

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:15 pm
*******************SPOILER CHAR ALERT**************

back in melee i'd use ganon a lot
but he's like HALF his speed
i don't mind the shorter down B,
but he's just to slow to use now DX
it made me pretty mad...
in melee he as just fast enouf
but now i think he's inusable

also,i notice brawl is slower in genral compaired to melee
but im still mad about ganon xD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:21 pm
kirbyrocks101
*******************SPOILER CHAR ALERT**************

back in melee i'd use ganon a lot
but he's like HALF his speed
i don't mind the shorter down B,
but he's just to slow to use now DX
it made me pretty mad...
in melee he as just fast enouf
but now i think he's inusable

also,i notice brawl is slower in genral compaired to melee
but im still mad about ganon xD

I know your pain..

Samurai Kacheek

insomniac_tempest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:44 pm
My main (Sheik) got nerfed too. Her attacks seem to have a bit less knockback now.

While Link's Up B got a bit weaker, his Up Smash got better. It is now a bit stronger and almost always get people stuck in it to hit them all 3 times.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:00 am
User Image
"Forever...

Brawl is a lot faster than Melee over all. They slowed some of the characters down because of the fact that they are strong (i.e Ganondorf), though that can't be said about Zelda.. >>

Sheik has been weakened because of the fact that s/he is a "ninja"-esque character, though now s/he is barely faster than Zelda though they inceased his/her jumping and attacking speed. Fox also attacks faster (he and Pikachu are two of the fastest attackers now).

Some of the over powered characters in my opinion would have to be Zero-Suit Samus, Lucas and Zelda.

Zero-Suit is fairly powerful, very fast, and is probably the best jumper in the game.

Lucas has an insane PK Thunder and PK Fire. His PK Freeze is kind of annoying to control, but it's a lot faster than Ness' PK Flash. He also has some of the most powerful smashes in the game.

Now Zelda... They kept her extremely powerful but boosted her running speed and her jumping hight. They also allowed Din's Fire to go farther because of the increased jumping of most characters, and it now has a huge explosion area. Farore's Wind also has two attacks now.

...and ever."
User Image

Kyle Riley

Sparkly Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300

Hoboerik

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:41 pm
I'm pretty sure that even though Link is slower, his sword got a little longer.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:28 pm
I'm so sad that they nerfed Peach. I miss her big jump. They also nerfed her Uber slap. It used to send them flying soo much farther.
Uber slap is Grab and Forward. After around 100%  

Destructo Kid

Trite Username

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:40 am
Have you unlocked Toon Link? He's a great alternative. It seems he's better all around: speed, strength, etc..  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:07 pm
Link is still fairly good. His bombs got buffed, as did his up-smash. The lack of l-canceling has made his dair a lot harder to use in battle, so that is an indirect nerf. I'm probably going to switch to Toon Link, but I have to get used to him first.  

Tremere Lich

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:53 am
There has been a lot of "nerfing" in Brawl. Just keep the move decay in mind too.

For those who don't know, when you use a move, it's power drops in effectiveness, i.e., how much it deals and the power behind it. There's still a lot of good moves, but this game is gonna take some getting used to. I still love my Ganondorf, but he's changed a lot. Lack of L-cancels hurt him, but everybody has lost L-cancels, so it's not THAT bad, but still noticeable. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'm usually willing to help out here.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:57 pm
Trite Username
Have you unlocked Toon Link? He's a great alternative. It seems he's better all around: speed, strength, etc..
User Image
"Forever...

It says on Smash Bros. Dojo that he is weaker, which was obvious to begin with. smile
Characters who are clones always sacrifice strength or speed for the other.

...and ever."
User Image

Kyle Riley

Sparkly Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300

Run The Jewels

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:35 am
Like Gimpyfish said they nerfed people who shouldn't have gotten nerfed.

CAPTAIN FALCON HE GOT THE WORST OUT OF IT.

Super Smash Bros. Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff