Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Main Forum
Governments impression on people Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Government seems to work best?
  Democracy
  Communism
  Monarchy
  Republic
  Anarchy
  The Supreme State of Poll Whore
View Results

LightMousy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:01 am
With so many governments in the world, and comparisons from the past I want to compareall of the governments of the past and present and have debate on why it did, didn't work, or how it coud be improved, I hope this one of the 1st major length threads, because many parts of world history are defined by their governments.
In this series I will start with the big ones and work our way through the many governments.Including
Anarchism
Sovergnity
Communism
Fascism
Theocracy
police State
Parlimentary System
Democracy.
The First release will be soon starting with Democracy(not just because it's my countries, not playing favorites)
but as its the easiest to cover hehe.
ALSO, I will need help with this, anyone interested in doing some research with me, pm me thanks...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:08 pm
LightMousy
With so many governments in the world, and comparisons from the past I want to compareall of the governments of the past and present and have debate on why it did, didn't work, or how it coud be improved, I hope this one of the 1st major length threads, because many parts of world history are defined by their governments.
In this series I will start with the big ones and work our way through the many governments.Including
Anarchism
Sovergnity
Communism
Fascism
Theocracy
police State
Parlimentary System
Democracy.
The First release will be soon starting with Democracy(not just because it's my countries, not playing favorites)
but as its the easiest to cover hehe.
ALSO, I will need help with this, anyone interested in doing some research with me, pm me thanks...
A ploice state can be of many type of states, so long as a central authority is in control of the policing force.
Government types are not as simple as just one phrase of a word. England for example is not a monarchy, rather a con. monarchy. You forgot major other government types like republics, fudualsium, tribalisms. Also by parliamentary government are you implying?  

UF6

LightMousy
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:52 pm
Well for now, I am starting on the basics, remember I stated governments past and present, and England being he parlimentary system I was mentioning, I plan to expand it in time, but alas, i have been busy the past couple of days, I will explain it all in time.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:56 pm
Well, communism is quite interesting. in theory, it's great idea, equality for all, and yet in practice it has failed and proven to be a miserable practice for the people. I would say because of corruption, but it seems like there should be more to it....  

WeHappyFew

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:15 am
why should people bother to reach greater heights if they will get paid the same as everybody else, as i understand it this is why communism fails.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:13 am
Well, the whole basis of communism is that everyone is equal, period. The problem is that the rulers get it in their heads that everyone else should be equal while they can have as much power as they want.  

Alonso Quijana

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 pm
lose lose situation right  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:19 pm
both are right, but there are other flaws that i was wondering how they were worked around. For example, one of the principles was, you work, and you get a living. So what happend to those that can't work? the elderly, the sick, babies? well, to limit the babies, they have limits like china's one baby law. but the elderly and sick? did they have compassion?
but the no extra work, explains the lack of advancement....but what if there was a system of chack and balances? would they become corrupt as well? how big does the gov have to be until it is practicly a direct democracy? could the two be mixed somehow to create a near-perfect government?  

WeHappyFew

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100

Alonso Quijana

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:33 am
If you are talking about a mix of communism and democracy, I have often wondered the same thing. Can a communocracy work?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:56 am
i think it would fail, that just doesn't seem right.  

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

Alonso Quijana

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:39 pm
I don't know if it is even possible to construct! Does anyone know, can a semi-democratic government (complete with features such as checks and balances) work when paired with the economy of Communism (with shared wealth)?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:12 am
well you know water and oil can mix if you ad soap.  

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

Alonso Quijana

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:31 pm
Very true. So, it might just be possible to dilute each entity enough that they can coexist peacefully.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:32 pm
seems like that will work in thoery  

the grey seer
Vice Captain

Skizio
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:20 pm
aoi no mizu
why should people bother to reach greater heights if they will get paid the same as everybody else, as i understand it this is why communism fails.

Exactly, even in theory communism is flawed, because you cannot have everyone equal. Someone will have a better wife, someoen will have better looks, and someone will be smarter. That's what sets people apart in our current system.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff