Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Nervous habits of the crafty kind? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:07 am
So i have an interview later today, and I just realized that I'm sorta nervous. I noticed this because i baked lotsa cookies, 2 kinds of muffins and made brownies from scratch. And i made a new skirt and got started on other projects i have floating around.

I craft when i'm nervous. I never realized this until today.

Does anyone else do this, or am i just insane?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:02 pm
huh.
I dunno.
I think I craft the same amount whether I' nervous or not.
I wind balls of yarn when I'm nervous, though.

Kingyo~goldfish

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:36 pm
So far all Ive noticed is that when Im nervous my stumach does those flippy things....

When Im stressed or incredibly bored I sometimes bake though. *nods* Once apon a time I baked crepes for some unknown reason (most likely my boredom) and I burnt most of the crepes and I melted some of the finish off the counter and thinking it was batter stuck to the counter I took a very sharp kitchen knife to it and picked off said melted finish...>_>;;  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:25 pm
When I'm really nervous or stressed out I tend to crochet scarves. I've given quite a few away but I've kept quite a few too. I like doing scarves because you don't HAVE to think about it, just stitch to the end of the row, turn and repeat.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

User_2629207

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:02 am
Rulin' ya universes...

I craft when I'm supposed to be doing homework... My nervous habit is far worse than crafting.. I scratch my face and scalp, and I play tetris too xD
Sometimes I get these weird impulses. Like, "OMG LET'S MAKE THIS!" And then I go nuts o.o;;
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:20 pm
Miss Sushii
Rulin' ya universes...

I craft when I'm supposed to be doing homework... My nervous habit is far worse than crafting.. I scratch my face and scalp, and I play tetris too xD
Sometimes I get these weird impulses. Like, "OMG LET'S MAKE THIS!" And then I go nuts o.o;;
...since 1992.

yep me to not really sure why though by the way cute avi  

fishkisser22

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:17 am
shark bait22222222
Miss Sushii
Rulin' ya universes...

...since 1992.

yep me to not really sure why though by the way cute avi
Rulin' ya universes...

I'm glad i'm not the only impulsive type xD
I'm in a creative slump at the moment though sad Mostly because I can't buy new materials.
And thank you very much for the compliment <3
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:05 am
When I get mad (arguing with my daughter) we stop. We don't yell or swear, we clean and ignore each other. We don't say mean things that we would both regret and our house gets cleaner. After a while we apologize to each other and are no longer mad or ignoring each other. We also talk things out after that.  

Little Skana

Flip-Flopper

44,900 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Task Accomplished 100

KariudoMegami

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:35 pm
I do have a tendancy to craft -more specifically, knit- when I'm nervous. I compulsively craft alot more when I'm upset, though. When my grandmother died, I was doing so much sewing and knitting that my wrists were sore and aching.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:37 pm
Sometimes when I feel really overwhelmed by homework, I turn to crafts instead of just sucking it up and getting it done with. @__@  

Isabelle

9,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Goldschlager

O.G. Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:20 pm
Oh wow, I wish I was like that.

I just get nauseous and pick at my nails.

I crochet before I go to bed. It relaxes me.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:15 pm
I knit and play with my Rubik's cube when I'm nervous (so much in fact, I had to replace the colors on my cube twice!).

My mom used to bake sugar cookies when she was pissed. I remember one night coming home from work, No spot on the ktichen counter could be seen, it was nothing but sugar cookies. This was around tax time, of course razz

I made sure to avoid my mom for a few days.  

Zanthess

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100

Kiyoshi Masamune

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:12 pm
I tend to craft more when I have next to no time at all to craft
like this one weekend when I was just got back from studdy, about to leave to get the next step my motorcycle licence I started sewing up a recon shirt I wanted to wear to a wrestling match I was going to after the lesson.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:52 am
I find that knitting, not so much baking or sewing, really calms me down, so when I feel like I'm going crazy with stress, I'll grab my sticks and knit a row or two, and suddenly I'll be a lot calmer and able to deal with stuff instead of just blithering.

I'm also the sort of person who will clean to express emotions. Back in college, my response to being horribly mad at a professor over a too difficult midterm was to do about 17 loads of laundry including the roommates' and the sheets and towels and such.  

Blue-eyes-green

gryphondreamer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:48 pm
Isabelle
Sometimes when I feel really overwhelmed by homework, I turn to crafts instead of just sucking it up and getting it done with. @__@

i do the same thing! only with my research.

Crafting numbs my mind and I am able to cope with the stress of life.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff