Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Guild

Back to Guilds

For fans new and old of CLAMP's crossover adventure, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. Fans of the anime, manga, or both - all are welcome! 

Tags: manga, tsubasa, clamp, xxxholic, cardcaptor sakura 

Reply Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Guild
English Dub VS. English Sub. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you prefer watching the original jap. anime with eng. subs? or watching it with eng. dub?
  original with eng. sub
  english dubbed version
View Results

Fullmoon_Sagashite123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:33 am
Just wondering. How many of you prefer the origninal japanese Tsubasa with english subtitles? or the english dubbed version. And why? I personally prefer the original jap. version because the voice actors are REALLY GOOD. Their voice sounds good, theres expression, more life. The english dubbed version just sounds so boring. It definetely lacks expressions and life in the character. In the jap version, Syaoran's voice sounds so smooth with expression and character, but then in the eng. version, they just ruined it. I watched the first episode and his voice sounds so quiet and boring....

What's YOUR OPINION?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:55 pm
I say original with English Subtitles. In English speaking they don't think about the voice but probably hire, voice over, send it out. Especially if show doesn't end up on american tv. Once you listen to it in the original you find you can't go back to the 3rd rate english version  

image22

karasohma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:35 am
The Jap. one for me to.
The english one is so quite it is hard to hear. The voices don't match up.
all in all the jap. with english subs is way! better  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:41 pm
Well of course the original is ALWAYS the best, but i think they did a pretty good job. Except, in the Dubbed version, they ALWAYS pronounce Kurogane's name wrong & it drives me up the wall!!!  

x o Stitches x o

retice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:19 pm
I have trouble listening to the english dub without hearing Edward Elric and Piccolo -- but I do get a feeling of morbid satisfaction from hearing Vic have to act out Fai at his gayest.
English subs definitely win, quality-wise. The japanese voice actors are very good at what they do.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:39 am
depends on popularity either english dub or english sub in the internetz... on my other opinion, english sub is much prefereable since thats the only reason I forced myself on checking their jap sentence structure for meh jap course >.<

~コーヒー  

Ringmaster Coffee

chngstzx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:55 pm
Original with English Subs.

However, the one episode when Mokona got taken away (the Kudans) really showed a difference with Fai and Kuro-rin's language. In the original, I couldn't really tell the difference with their language, even though it could have been different.

Foreign Languages can be so confusing. Plus, the Japanese voice actors and actresses are really good (:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:37 am
I like the original with english subtitles better for some reason. 3nodding  

Rotating Insanity

x Amethyst Rose x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:56 pm
Well, for now I'd have to say English subs because I have yet to see it in English dub XD  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:05 am
I hate dubbed anime! Japanese version with english subtitles is the best! Japanese voice actors are great and their voices match to characters perfectly.  

Marusera

cylleona

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

7,750 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Member 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:26 pm

I am a BIG supporter of English Dubs.
I started watching Tsubasa in english (like I always do) and wasn't that happy with it but watched it nonetheless.

But after it was awhile before the DVD's came out I decided I'd go ahead in the anime (also since I was already quite far in the manga) and I had no choice but to watch it in Japanese.

I changed. ._.

I started liking the Japanese even more.
Daisuke Namikawa is LOVE as Fai and I absolutely love Mokona's seiyuu.
She doesn't make Mokona sound so hyper and like It's been on helium like Carrie Savage did.

I adore Vic Mignogna...
Just...just not as Fai. ><

But I think Chis Sabat did very well as Kurogane but I keep hearing Alex Louis Armstrong. DX
It's horrible when I have to smack myself to remember that Kuro-puu is'nt going to rip his shirt off just because he has the same VA.
gonk

So yeah.
All and all, I love Dubs.
Love Funimation.
Love Funimation's dub on Tsubasa?
No. emo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:19 pm
Usually the dubs are never as good as the subs. Tsubasa is case and point. The voices just don't fit the characters. Voices should give the watcher a feel for the character. Otherwise they should just read the manga. stare  

Sparkle Hearts

demon_shiska

Familiar Lunatic

15,800 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:31 pm
the original all the way
I like to be meant like its supposed to
english dub just changes some of it  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:52 am
Japanese version with the English subs in this anime series is definitely the best. The Japanese seiyuu are more amazing and talented than the English voice actors. I mean, Miyu Irino does a far better job being Syaoran than Jason Liebrecht. When I heard the English dub of Syaoran, I was so devastated. Some of them just don't have the touch for these characters like the Japanese seiyuu does. Only Vic Mignogna did a very good job doing Fai that was so close to Daisuke Namikawa. So in other words, I would prefer watching the Japanese Original Version with the English subs.  

Nyanko Tsukishiro

DanaKate

Distinct Gaian

1,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:06 am
I never could stand dubbed anime. I watched it in the 90's because it's all I had access to, but it always drives me up the wall. I want to hear it the way it was meant to be, with subbed translations since I can't understand it otherwise.

As far as languages go, if you listen to it long enough you can start picking out differences.

Dubbed is always horrible, I've never seen one that was worth my while. Even Princess Mononoke irritated me, and that was supposed to be a quality dub since it starred well-known actors.  
Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff