Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
And now for... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:15 pm
Okay, if this is inappropriate, I'll remove it.

but anyway...

*ahem*

I recently was in a discussion over evolution with my mother.
i'm 17, she's 42, just so we're clear.

I sent her a video, just one I found amusing. And yes, it was about us evolving from primates. Hey, I'm a science girl, its what i believe.
If you want a look-see, here.
Anyways, yea, she tells me that no, the world started with Adam and Eve, to which I tell her that is physically impossible. Well, what started as just a vid I found amusing turned into a religion debate sweatdrop

Eh, anyways, I found another video, one of my friends on myspace posted it today, that I found interesting, it's about history and the bible. And it is pretty interesting, but it's a bit derogatory. Don't watch if there's even a bit of chance you'll be offended.
it's here if you want to look at it. But that's not my topic. I just found it interesting, and am sharing it with anyone who wants to look at it.
My topic is evolution. What are you guys' personal opinions on it. (and yea, I have met pagans who don't believe in evolution. just like i've met christians who do.)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:20 am
well i figure the gods had to start somewhere right? so they started with single cells and moved up i mean you always do a rough draft before you do the good copy right?  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

meindrea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:25 pm
OMGILOVETHOSEVIDEOS XD <3  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:25 pm
WitchyBoy
well i figure the gods had to start somewhere right? so they started with single cells and moved up i mean you always do a rough draft before you do the good copy right?

true.
it's just... i always have trouble with this one topic. my personal belief, is that yes, we evolved. but yes, goddess/god had a hand in it. and most people just dont understand this and shoot me down whenever evolution is mentioned. well, people i know in my real world life that are my mother's age, anyway.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

Labores Luna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:59 pm
I personally believe in evolution. Physical evolution as well as spiritual, and I think that it's a process we are still going through right now, and will be going through for a long time.
I also believe that we were born from and with the spirit of the Divine, and that the God and Goddess were and are a part of evolution.
I tend to look at many things scientifically, but for me, spirituality and science come hand in hand, so this is just the concept that I understand. Which I could elaborate on, but that would just become confusing sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:50 pm
Faeryselene
I personally believe in evolution. Physical evolution as well as spiritual, and I think that it's a process we are still going through right now, and will be going through for a long time.
I also believe that we were born from and with the spirit of the Divine, and that the God and Goddess were and are a part of evolution.
I tend to look at many things scientifically, but for me, spirituality and science come hand in hand, so this is just the concept that I understand. Which I could elaborate on, but that would just become confusing sweatdrop

no, it wouldn't!
(i'm trying to encourage people to explain, and actually post)
you can explain if you want to.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:25 pm
i follow the same kinda thing about the god and goddess having a hand in evolution because they are always changing and evolving as well just like everything else in this crazy world.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:57 pm
I agree with Faeryselene. I believe in evolution, but that a higher force--the All, the Divine, Goddess, God, whatever you want to call it--had a hand in helping us along the path. Spirituality and science are entwined in each other.  

Tari_Leralonde

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:50 pm
Tari_Leralonde
I agree with Faeryselene. I believe in evolution, but that a higher force--the All, the Divine, Goddess, God, whatever you want to call it--had a hand in helping us along the path. Spirituality and science are entwined in each other.

true dat!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:03 pm
Okay this s what I believe in. yes, there was evolution. We are from teh monkeys. But the goddes did help. Okay, there's earth. She is the ruler of all, meaning the elements as well and helped with the deveopment and creation of the oceans of which everything came. lifes origin is water. a cell developed in the ocean. probably from plants in the water which the goddess also helped with which again. she is ruler of elemants and put some plants. so from theses plants or something a cell became and kept multipling until it was big enough and strong enough to create an eating breathing animal (sea creature). and so forth and so forth all these animals came, land grew and there were island things. animals from the water went up and some adapted and lived up there. Animals evolved, monkeys came to being, and then later on, the human.
thats kinda what evolution is in my mind.  

claviclebone

Faerth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:00 am
Tari_Leralonde

Yep same here, although (in my religion) before there were any gods, there were the trees and the stars. The mother Gaia was born from the desire and hope of the trees, for they had wished upon the stars. And all the other gods (not going into detail...) were born from various occurrences found naturally in nature...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:15 pm
there are some days i get paranoid and think that we're some sort of alien science experiment gone horribly, horribly wrong. sweatdrop

(missing link?)

some teenager alien thought, "hey, it would be cool to try to make a new lifeform." and BAM, here we are.

crop circles are just a kind of the equivalent of 'wrapping houses' or 'fly bys' in the air-force.

("Hey, I'm bored. Wanna see something interesting?" "Sure, what?" "Let's go buzz the humans!" "Yeah, ARLIGHT!")

twisted

(i'm just kidding and all, but it's a funny thought.)  

Korealia

Distinct Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

hyacinth hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:28 am
I'm with those of you who believe that there was evolution and that the gods had a hand in it. Evolution is pretty much a provable fact to me by scientific means. The existence of a force beyond humanity is proven fact to me simply by what I feel in my soul. Both of these are valid and can coexist in my worldview.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:42 pm
I believe in evolution, period. Although I do find my path's creation story very interesting, I find it incredulous that it happened that way.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Brandi West

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:00 pm
Korealia
there are some days i get paranoid and think that we're some sort of alien science experiment gone horribly, horribly wrong. sweatdrop

(missing link?)

some teenager alien thought, "hey, it would be cool to try to make a new lifeform." and BAM, here we are.

crop circles are just a kind of the equivalent of 'wrapping houses' or 'fly bys' in the air-force.

("Hey, I'm bored. Wanna see something interesting?" "Sure, what?" "Let's go buzz the humans!" "Yeah, ARLIGHT!")

twisted

(i'm just kidding and all, but it's a funny thought.)

There's a book you should check out. Chariots of the Gods, if I remember correctly. That's one of the things raised in the book. But I think it was more that 'aliens' are our future selves come back in time to adjust things... and that they mated with ancient humans to give us a boost in genetics (thus the missing link) and to help us actualize our potential faster.

I haven't read it in a long time....so I can't recall exactly. One of my co-workers in one of my first jobs got me turned onto it.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games