Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
In vitrofertilization and abortion...what does Islam say? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:33 pm

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Hello, all.
Got some more questions for you.

What does Islam say about in vitro-fertilization (aka artificial insemination)?
If a husband and wife cannot naturally conceive, is it ok for them to go to a doctor and have it artificially done for them (taking egg and injecting sperm in it then implanting it in the wife's uterus)?

What about abortion? I always see lots of Christian people protesting it, but never hear about Muslims doing that sort of thing. What does the Qu'ran state about abortions?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:04 pm
hey there, good friend. Um...I'm pretty sure that abortion is out of range, but I don't know about the artificial insemination...it might be ok if it is the husband's semen that is being used....
eh, you're technically playing Allah here.

Yes, I am a flaming Muslim...but Allah loves me!

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

Lily Da Bangali Rani

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:48 pm
Abortion no...

Fertilization yes... (Look further into this one as there are certain rules you cant break)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:38 am
Ratri_Cat

Hello, all.

If a husband and wife cannot naturally conceive, is it ok for them to go to a doctor and have it artificially done for them (taking egg and injecting sperm in it then implanting it in the wife's uterus)?

What about abortion? I always see lots of Christian people protesting it, but never hear about Muslims doing that sort of thing. What does the Qu'ran state about abortions?

What's: vitro-fertilization (aka artificial insemination)? conceive? uterus?  

Zaakii

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:16 am
Zaaki

It is artificial conception....usually done in a petri dish and then put into a syringe and injected into the woman. The semen is injected carefully into the egg, forming the zygote. Then the zygote is inserted into the woman's uterus via a large needle through the v****a. sad
it's not pretty, but couples are willing to do anything these days to have kids.....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:39 am
Imad Jibril
Zaaki

It is artificial conception....usually done in a petri dish and then put into a syringe and injected into the woman. The semen is injected carefully into the egg, forming the zygote. Then the zygote is inserted into the woman's uterus via a large needle through the v****a. sad
it's not pretty, but couples are willing to do anything these days to have kids.....

Ohh, now i understand what the case is.  

Zaakii

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:32 pm
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Abortion no...

Fertilization yes... (Look further into this one as there are certain rules you cant break)

....what sort of rules?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:02 pm
abortion is not allowed because Islam recognizes that there is life within a fetus and that to commit abortion is to kill a human life which Islam strongly opposes.

IVF is allowed as long as it is within a husband and a wife who are legally binded to each other, i.e, there's the existence of a marriage contract.
Divorced couple aren't allowed to have IVF. no third party is also allowed, i.e, "alien sperm","alien egg", or "alien womb".

i got these from www.themodernreligion.com/misc/sex/s_repro.htm  

Prof Albus PWB Dumbledore

-keisha rayana hanaquil-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:17 pm
Ratri_Cat

Hello, all.

for artificial insemination: may be God Allah will forgive them as long as they are legally married because Allah hates those people who live with each other as a couple ILLEGALLY.

for abortion: it actually not allowed because it is also kind of killing. religiously, we don't have right to take others' life because it is God who gives them life. Allah considered it as a great sin also, i've read it in Qur'an.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:08 pm
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Abortion no...

....what sort of rules?

Check Prof Albus PWB Dumbledore answer which is in this forum...

He tells you the rules...  

Lily Da Bangali Rani

Lily Da Bangali Rani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:12 pm
abortion is not allowed because Islam recognizes that there is life within a fetus and that to commit abortion is to kill a human life which Islam strongly opposes.

IVF is allowed as long as it is within a husband and a wife who are legally binded to each other, i.e, there's the existence of a marriage contract.
Divorced couple aren't allowed to have IVF. no third party is also allowed, i.e, "alien sperm","alien egg", or "alien womb".

Spot on! nice answer
Thanks for giving the link to the source brother 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:36 am
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Abortion no...

....what sort of rules?

Check Prof Albus PWB Dumbledore answer which is in this forum...

He tells you the rules...

oi, I missed that. Thanks.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Pheonixia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:40 pm

So basically you're saying that in-vitro fertilization in not allowed.
Which is true, because a third part is needed to do that.
Islam does not allow a child to be conceived by a third party, because the child would be taken away from the original mother.and usually many problems occur after that.

I'm not sure though if Muslim women can go to a sperm bank?

But I think.....it would be better to adopt then to use that method as well  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:45 am
Pheonixia

So basically you're saying that in-vitro fertilization in not allowed.
Which is true, because a third part is needed to do that.
Islam does not allow a child to be conceived by a third party, because the child would be taken away from the original mother.and usually many problems occur after that.

I'm not sure though if Muslim women can go to a sperm bank?

But I think.....it would be better to adopt then to use that method as well

in-virto feriliization is forbidden, because there's a third party. And muslim women are not alowed to go to a sperm bank, because the father identy is not given, and it can cause many problems, especially if the sperm donator made lots of children, and then sisters and brothers cannot be identified. For example, if a woman concieved a baby from a sperm donator,and this sperm donator gave to another woman, and that woman concieved a baby as well ( from the same sperm donator ) then those two babies are brothers-sisters, and that cannot be known, which may cause many problems.

Adoption is not allowed as well. ( Do not name the baby with the same last name as yours).

I feel sorry for every couple that can't bring babies, and I ask Allah that he cures them and give them children.  

Mini_Angel_1994

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:58 am
Mini_Angel_1994
Adoption is not allowed as well. ( Do not name the baby with the same last name as yours).

...What? Muslims can't adopt children?  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces