Outrageous Things People Have Said to You Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PROXY BIRD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:51 am
The first two happened at work...

1) This old guy came up to me (I do cashiering) and I said "can I help you?" and he replied "Yeah if you take that thing out of your nose."

2) Another old man started flat-out staring at my piercings and then pointed to his own face and said "What's all this nonsense?! You're a very attractive young girl you don't need to do THAT to get the world to notice you."

The other day when my BF and I were in standing in life at Safeway, this woman in front of us turned around and began quizzing us about our facial jewelry. She said "my niece got her lip done and she's only 15, I just about killed her!"

And then she actually had the nerve to say "I don't know what she's going to be, probably a pole-dancer."

So she was basically saying that I'll grow up to be a stripper as well! I could not believe my ears. People just LOVE pointing out the fact that you're a "freak "and they're "normal."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:54 am
1) That was rather a rude thing to say. I wouldn't really call it outrageous. The elderly aren't able to understand today's generation's fascination with piercings. It's even more strange to them when a business establishment that caters to the masses would allow its employees to keep their piercings in while they work. They come from a generation when professionalism was something to be expected in any place of business. Piercings =/= professional.

2) He was complimenting you, though in a slightly unorthodox manner.

3) Same as number one really.

It's not pointing out that you're a freak unless you take it that way, in which case I'm inclined to say that part of you revels in that. It's pointing out that you're different and engaging in something that they don't understand. The fact that you get upset over it demonstrates a level of insecurity about it. If you're totally comfortable with it, it wouldn't upset you. And instead of getting upset, why not try to alleviate those stereotypes associated with piercings and "freaks"? Make something positive out of it instead of complaining.

That all being said, I think any piercing aside from the simple earlobe, tongue, or genitals is pointless and looks stupid. The aforementioned piercings are all functional.

The self expression thing is a little thin too, if you ask me. You don't need any material things to express yourself. That's why we were granted emotions and a brain; a body for movement and vocal chords for speech.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

MortSanglant

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:40 pm
I don't really have to worry about it unless with my grandmother, I have my ears pierced 5 times on one side and 4 on the other, My grandmother is always asking what this generations comming to..blah blah blah..oh well, I want to et snake bites, I can't wait for her to say somethign when i get them O.O  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:49 am
A girl I met just the other day... only very briefly;

"I want to ******** you."  

Rellik San
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:40 am
"Are you a Jew?"

"No. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know. You just seemed like you might be a Jew."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:05 am
GilAskan
"Are you a Jew?"

"No. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know. You just seemed like you might be a Jew."

That's lulzy.

MortSanglant

NathanHellScream

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:17 am
MortSanglant
1) That was rather a rude thing to say. I wouldn't really call it outrageous. The elderly aren't able to understand today's generation's fascination with piercings. It's even more strange to them when a business establishment that caters to the masses would allow its employees to keep their piercings in while they work. They come from a generation when professionalism was something to be expected in any place of business. Piercings =/= professional.

It's not pointing out that you're a freak unless you take it that way, in which case I'm inclined to say that part of you revels in that. It's pointing out that you're different and engaging in something that they don't understand. The fact that you get upset over it demonstrates a level of insecurity about it. If you're totally comfortable with it, it wouldn't upset you. And instead of getting upset, why not try to alleviate those stereotypes associated with piercings and "freaks"? Make something positive out of it instead of complaining.

That all being said, I think any piercing aside from the simple earlobe, tongue, or genitals is pointless and looks stupid. The aforementioned piercings are all functional.

The self expression thing is a little thin too, if you ask me. You don't need any material things to express yourself. That's why we were granted emotions and a brain; a body for movement and vocal chords for speech.

You clearly don't understand, the town we live in is full of people with piercings working at every store that you can think of, we're not the only ones or the first ones to walk out in public with face piercings so seeing us working isn't abnormal in this town. Don't assume anything about her based on her post, saying she revealed something about herself because you really don't know a thing about her. That makes you no better than the squares who assume s**t about us goths everyday, so I'd stay away from it. Also, being an elderly is no excuse to say anything negative about someone's appearance and assuming she's just trying to get the world to notice her just further confirms his ignorance. There's a thing called manners which people are rapidly losing in this country and talking to someone about their appearance in a negative way is flat out rude. Being old is no excuse for being rude, they just refuse to accept that the times have changed and so have people.

So anyway, I think instead of trying to analyze my girlfriend, you could just share something stupid that someone has said to you because I'm sure you've gotten it before just like we have.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:37 am
NathanHellScream
MortSanglant

You clearly don't understand, the town we live in is full of people with piercings working at every store that you can think of, we're not the only ones or the first ones to walk out in public with face piercings so seeing us working isn't abnormal in this town. Don't assume anything about her based on her post, saying she revealed something about herself because you really don't know a thing about her. That makes you no better than the squares who assume s**t about us goths everyday, so I'd stay away from it. Also, being an elderly is no excuse to say anything negative about someone's appearance and assuming she's just trying to get the world to notice her just further confirms his ignorance. There's a thing called manners which people are rapidly losing in this country and talking to someone about their appearance in a negative way is flat out rude. Being old is no excuse for being rude, they just refuse to accept that the times have changed and so have people.

So anyway, I think instead of trying to analyze my girlfriend, you could just share something stupid that someone has said to you because I'm sure you've gotten it before just like we have.

It seems you're the one who doesn't understand. You quite frankly missed the point of what I was trying to get across in my post.

I'm talking about using logic to understand why people say what they say. Looking into their reasons instead of getting huffy and whining about it. I'm talking about taking these instances and making something good out of them instead of getting upset about it. What does getting upset about it and complaining about it get you? Rising above instead of complaining and bitching and furthering stereotypes.

I didn't say being elderly was an excuse. I said that you need to consider the time period from which they come to better understand why they might say the things they say.

I'm not analyzing your girlfriend. I made a statement that would apply to anyone. Her situation just happened to be the catalyst for that statement.

All I'm doing is trying to get the people in this guild to be a bit more levelheaded about things. When you choose to express yourself differently from the social norms, you need to accept that you're going to be ridiculed and not accepted by everyone. It's pretty immature of anyone to choose such a path of expression and living, knowing it's not common, and then b***h about the "normals'" reactions to that choice.

MortSanglant

PROXY BIRD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:51 am
MortSanglant

It doesn't show my "insecurity" it shows my irritation. And I'm not "complaining," the topic is "Outrageous Things People Have Said to You" I figured I would SHARE my experiences so that others could share theirs. I was simply starting a discussion, Christ. And for the record, I can use any word I want to describe how I felt about something.

I don't "revel" in anything I want to be able to look the way I want without someone feeling inclined to state their opinion. And did you notice I put "freaks" and "normal" in quotations? I was obviously being sarcastic as I was using the labels to make a point - that people feel the need to single you out, no matter how disrespectful it may be.

How old are you any way kid?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:55 am
MortSanglant
NathanHellScream
MortSanglant

It seems you're the one who doesn't understand. You quite frankly missed the point of what I was trying to get across in my post.

I'm talking about using logic to understand why people say what they say. Looking into their reasons instead of getting huffy and whining about it. I'm talking about taking these instances and making something good out of them instead of getting upset about it. What does getting upset about it and complaining about it get you? Rising above instead of complaining and bitching and furthering stereotypes.

I didn't say being elderly was an excuse. I said that you need to consider the time period from which they come to better understand why they might say the things they say.

I'm not analyzing your girlfriend. I made a statement that would apply to anyone. Her situation just happened to be the catalyst for that statement.

All I'm doing is trying to get the people in this guild to be a bit more levelheaded about things. When you choose to express yourself differently from the social norms, you need to accept that you're going to be ridiculed and not accepted by everyone. It's pretty immature of anyone to choose such a path of expression and living, knowing it's not common, and then b***h about the "normals'" reactions to that choice.

All I'M saying is stay on topic. You don't seem to wanna do that. I understand what you're saying but where we're from people judge you no matter what. And it's not bitching or whining, it's a discussion, she was clearly venting to people she THOUGHT would understand her. She wasn't asking for advice.

NathanHellScream

PROXY BIRD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:02 am

So I was "complaining" when I wrote that post?? Try TALKING, I was starting a DISCUSSION. Speaking my mind = getting huffy? haha that's rich.

And I should be able to live my life however I want without someone freaking out about it. THAT'S immature, not following my own path.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:08 am
Last time I checked the purpose of a forum was discussion.

And the last time I checked discussions allow for evolution of topic. i.e. someone says one thing that spawns a thought in another person.

Everything you have said has pretty much proved to me that my efforts to get people to look at things slightly differently are in vain. I'm not going to bother getting a thought out response from you any longer because you're pretty much on the defense.

My age shouldn't make a difference to this discussion, kid.

I'm sure if you searched this guild long enough you'd find an indication of it somewhere.

MortSanglant

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:09 am
"Nice boots, f**."

"You go to church?"

[Separate incidences; none of the quotes are mine]  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:10 am
MortSanglant
Last time I checked the purpose of a forum was discussion.

And the last time I checked discussions allow for evolution of topic. i.e. someone says one thing that spawns a thought in another person.

Everything you have said has pretty much proved to me that my efforts to get people to look at things slightly differently are in vain. I'm not going to bother getting a thought out response from you any longer because you're pretty much on the defense.

My age shouldn't make a difference to this discussion, kid.

I'm sure if you searched this guild long enough you'd find an indication of it somewhere.

Right, you weren't defensive at all. Sure, kid.  

NathanHellScream

NathanHellScream

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:14 am
Anyway, people at work use to assume I was Jewish because I don't work Sundays and I wear my pentagram 24/7.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff