Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
I got the Red Rings of Death on mah Xbox T_T Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pachulo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:01 pm
Was playing GH3 on saturday and out of nowhere my stupid 360 gets the Red Ring, bah I wont even turn on anymore and I didnt get to finish Eternal Sonata crying .

Ill call Microsoft later to see if they can fix it for free, if not ill try using the "Towel Method".

Ohh well if anything ill just continue playing my FE games.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:05 pm
That's what happens when you play guitar hero 3.  

nitnit
Captain

paleHorse91

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:17 pm
i got the same exact thing. too lazy to send it in though  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:42 pm
that sucks. Did you buy a warrantee? I made sure to get one, that way I can just replace the thing.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:06 pm
I'm pretty sure they'll still take it without a warranty  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:10 pm
nitnit

I mean with a warranty you can go down to where you bought it and replace it, instead of calling xbox.  

Deathguiser

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:43 am
I can sort of relate, only not really. I've got a PS3.
(And whenever Disgaea 3 comes out in English, I'll finally use my PS3 for PS3 games... and not get my @ss annihilated by my friends.)

And F.Y.I., you'll get a refurbished one if you send it to Microsoft, which means all of your data will be gone.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:32 am
whats the towel method????

dramallama  

Sir Johnny the 3rd

2,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:45 pm
x box has a 10 year warranty on their systems. you can send it in twice due to red ring, after that you might as well get a new system. microsoft just doesn't want to tell people about that warranty because the x-box was rushed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:26 pm
pathetic_negi_magician
I can sort of relate, only not really. I've got a PS3.
(And whenever Disgaea 3 comes out in English, I'll finally use my PS3 for PS3 games... and not get my @ss annihilated by my friends.)

And F.Y.I., you'll get a refurbished one if you send it to Microsoft, which means all of your data will be gone.

Not nescessarily, the RRoD don't affect the hard-drive. All you have to do is take it off before you send it in and slap it on the new console.  

ThatGuyDayton

Nephilimalch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:02 pm
Deathguiser
nitnit

I mean with a warranty you can go down to where you bought it and replace it, instead of calling xbox.

That's not necessarily true. Most companies warranties only start working after the original warranty conks out. For instance, if your 360 is within 3 years old and you bought the thing from Gamestop, they won't return the thing for you, and you'll be instructed to call 1-800-4-My-XBOX.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:57 am
this is why not buy X360 zzzzzzzzz

and what is Towel Method?  

ZelnichDoom

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:30 am
The towel method is where you wrap your 360 in a towel to keep the heat inside to crank up the temperature in the 360. Leave it for 30mins to bake and it will turn on again.
and you buy a 360 for its amazing software line up, great online service, and microsofts service to support its software. like the new fall update for our 360's that gives us a completely BRAND NEW interface and extra Live features.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:56 pm
uber mark-mark
The towel method is where you wrap your 360 in a towel to keep the heat inside to crank up the temperature in the 360. Leave it for 30mins to bake and it will turn on again.
and you buy a 360 for its amazing software line up, great online service, and microsofts service to support its software. like the new fall update for our 360's that gives us a completely BRAND NEW interface and extra Live features.
That method is BS. My friend used it and his Xbox started to smoke up a bit and had a nasty burning smell went up and around the house.  

DumberDan

The True Anonymous One

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:08 pm
Nephilimalch
Deathguiser
nitnit

That's not necessarily true. Most companies warranties only start working after the original warranty conks out. For instance, if your 360 is within 3 years old and you bought the thing from Gamestop, they won't return the thing for you, and you'll be instructed to call 1-800-4-My-XBOX.
Actually when my console RROD'd I just took it back to Best Buy and they swapped it out.  
Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff