Ilona Andrews Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:50 pm
Has anyone read her books: Magic Bites and Magic Burns? She is a new author, so her books are a bit rough around the edges, but both are worth reading. Plus, her Russian background adds some flavor to stories.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:53 am
Wow, I ould've sworn I made a thread about her. Maybe I just thought about it.

I read Magic Bites, and I really want to get Magic Burns. Magic Bites was a good book, especially for a first book. I don't remember all the details of it, but I really liked it.

I really need to get to the bookstore soon.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:49 pm
Magic Burns is really good. You get to find out more about Kate's parentage and the story in general is a bit more complicated than the first one.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:27 pm
I'm going to need to re-read Magic Bites, because I don't remember any of it. n.n" I think I read it twice, too, so that's pretty sad. I should be able to get Magic Burns next weekend, because I won't have to study for midterms the next week.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:47 pm
I should reread Magic Bites too. I don't remember much either.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:59 pm
I bought Magic Burns today. It's third on my reading list, so I'll get around to reading it eventually. n.n"  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:35 pm
Okay. I finished Magic Burns sometime yesterday. I probably would've liked it more if I could remember any of Magic Bites. I pieced together some of it from the stuff that was in this book, but I still couldn't remember enough. Either way, I liked it. The dialogue between Curran and Kate is extremely entertaining. And I really liked Bran, and I hope Julie pops up in later books. The ending made me sad~  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:09 pm
Yea, Julie was a neat character, But Kate is by far the best. She owns. Though I would like to know about her background and Curan's too.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:00 pm
She does. She's an amazing main character. Tough, but not unbeatable, and very realistic with her emotions and such. I really wanna know Curran's background. More of Kate's would be good, too, but I really want to know more about Curran.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:37 pm
I think that Curran is like that chick...ah, what was her name...? The one who was a were-hyena but worked for the Knights Order.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:16 am
Andrea?

You think he's beastkin? It's possible, but unlikely. The shapeshifters can tell the difference between the two, I think, and they don't like them. So they wouldn't let their leader be one. But I guess it's possible. Hopefully we'll find out eventually.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:55 pm
Yes, but Curran has made it a point to allow beast-kin into the clans. Plus, the shapeshifts live by a "might-is-right" code and Curran is definitly the strongest of them, except for maybe the Kodiac bear, but it sounds like the Kodiac raised and supports Curran's rule so he wouldn't fight him.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:06 pm
Yeah, but that may have other reasons. And I don't think it's so much that he let them into the clans as he doesn't kill them on sight. I have a feeling that, if he'd grown up around the Pack as a beastkin, he would have been killed young. Maybe someone close to him is beastkin, and that's why he's more tolerant of them. I dunno. I'm just not really convinced that he's beastkin.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:17 pm
I don't think he'd have been killed when he was young; he had the Kodiac Bear shapeshifter protecting him. Ah, well we just have to wait for the next book (hopefully she'll explain it more in the next one).  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:19 pm
That's true. Oh well. We'll just have to wait to find out for sure.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff