Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:01 pm
User Image

Mawi Mai yawned as she wandered around the Nchi lands. She was being lazy today. Why not? She grinned as she noticed her favorite tree near the borders of the lands.

She flopped down on her side as she reached the tree. She pulled her head out from under the strap, removing the drum around her neck. She placed a paw on it and grinned. She crawled forward so her tail was close to the drum.

She used her tail to flop up and down on the drum making a nice sound, with her tail moving her shakers rattled two. She smiled as she leaned back a bit and closed her eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:24 pm
User Image

He woke up, having fallen asleep in the tree. Deep blue eyes looked around as the juvenile tried to figure out.. Where was that sound coming from? Claws flexing into the tree branch, Haki turned his gaze down.

There it was! A lioness, looking about his age, with her tail thumping on a drum. He'd never seen a drum, of course, but it was certainly a wonderful sound. He shifted, trying to figure out how to get down. A careful step here, and...

With a yell, the male fell, landing with a thud on the ground. A groan escaped as the deep brown and khaki lion squeezed his eyes shut. Oh, his body hurt... He'd live, but he hurt. "Ow..."

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:04 pm
Mawi's eye lit up as another cub the same age as her hit the dirt. She giggled a bit and peered at the cub. Light blue eyes bore down on him as she stopped beating on the drum and pushed herself up to lean over him. She giggled again but it was hard not to. It was funny.

"You ok?" She asked in a sweet voice. She made sure that her drum was still around her neck as she did. "I'm Mawi who are you Mr. Falls out of trees?" She said with a laugh.

[[Sorry its kinda short.]]  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:07 pm
Letting out a groan, Haki carefully got up. As the world finally came to a rest, he found himself near eye-level with the little lioness. Well, as eye-level as he could GET, being that he was now laying on his stomach.

"I'm okay... What's that thing you got there...?" He licked his lips, wondering for a moment... Why was he up in a tree again? Then he remembered Tai's words and-- No, he wasn't going to think about THAT. "I'm Haki."

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:10 pm
"Er well its Mawi Mai but most call me Mawi." She said with a laugh as she pulled her drum over closer to her. "This is a drum." Then she pointed to the shakers on her tail and her paw. "These are Shakers." She grinned.

"You make music with them. The drum makes a hollowish sound and the shakers make a rattling sound." She tapped her paw on the drum then shook her tail. "Why were you up in that tree?" She giggled a bit as she watched him, he was kinda cute. She normally said what she thought but she wasn't going to scare him away right away.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:29 am
The sound, the way it rang in his ears.. Haki was fascinated instantly. He started to reach a paw over, intending to tap the curiousity of the drum, then stopped. "May I...?"

At her question, he tilted his head. "Oh... I kind of got a rhino mad last night and climbed it to get to safety..." He glanced back to the south east, ears moving back. "I didn't mean to cross its path, I was just running..." Running from that which bothered him.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:45 pm
Mawi Mai grinned happily, she swished her tail behind her. She loved seeing others interested into her music or her drums alone. She nodded before talking, "Go ahead, a little tap won't hurt it." She smirked slightly.

She then giggled slightly over his story. "Thats not good." She pawed at him slightly. "Trees do come in handy some times." She tried to stop giggling it was rude to laugh at others but she couldn't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:56 pm
Smiling, he tapped his paw on the drum. The sound... It was still so wonderful. Closing his eyes, he let out a hum, mumbling words to a song to a rhythm only he heard.

Opening his eyes again, he noticed her fighting laughter. Smiling despite himself, Haki pawed back. "Hey, come on, it can't be THAT funny!" But laughter was infectious, and he soon found himself laughing as well.

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:57 am
Mawi Mai loved his reaction, him closing his eyes to the sound of the drum, It made her happy. "Its nice huh? This pride loves music, here are musical lands!" She giggled slightly.

Then when she spoke she found her self giggling even more. She looked up. "I'm so sorry I'm being rude." She blushed slightly. "Its really not that funny, I guess, I just love hearing stories like that." She shuffled her feet embarrassed that she was giggling like that, she felt rude.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:16 pm
At the words that the lands were musical, and they loved music, all other concerns fled his mind. Haki stood, eyes dancing. "Your pride... Loves music...?" Music... The thing he just lived for! "I'd love to see your pride, Mawi. To hear the music..." He wondered, could he add his own music to theirs?  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:26 pm
Mawi Mai smiled and nodded at his words. "Yep. Theres dancing and singing. Drums. Just about everything." She grinned shaking her hair out of her eyes she giggled. "I don't know if I can show you all of it there is a lot to show." She looked up pondering. "For a start I could show you the drum circle." She grinned ear to ear. "Me and my sister have this big group of friends and we spend a lot of time there making music." She smiled.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:23 pm
"Well... We can take our time in seeing everything!" It was, after all, a lot to take in. Almost bouncing, he watched Mawi. "How do I find a way to stay in such a heaven of a place?" To him, a place filled with music... It was pure, blissful heaven. He couldn't ask for anything else but to be here, in a place like this.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:38 am
Mawi Mai giggled slightly. "Sounds like a plan!" She waited for him to be at herside as she walked toward the all fimmlar drum circle. She grinned back at him as she troted along. She looked back at him for a moment and smiled before turning back. "You'd have to talk to Nsundu. She's out leader." She nodded happily. "But what about your parents? If you live with them that is..." Her voice trailed she knew not everyone was with their parents. She really never saw her father...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:26 am
Pausing mid-step, Haki realized that he'd run off without a word to his family. No word to his mother, his father, his aunts, uncles, grandparents, sisters, or either of his brothers. As his paws came to a full stop, he flicked his ears, looking back. After a moment, he swallowed, thinking of how he might have to face them with WHY he'd run off. "I... Got separated from them..." Not entirely untrue, now was it? He shook his head, looking at Mawi. "I don't know if I can find them again... They were rogues with no solid home, so they could have left by now."  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:19 am
Mawi Mai flicked her tail behind her, her shakers rattling. She gave him a soft smile. "Oh... I'm sorry to hear that." She clenched her jaw then started to walk again. As soon as she saw the drum circle her face lit up, just like every time she saw it.

"This is it." She said in the most happiest voice. "We dance, drum, sing, everything here." She smiled warmly. "A lot of things happen here." She started to think back to when she was on her drum quest. When she found her rhythm... "Lots of fun. What do you think?" She asked looking back at the male.

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games