Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
[CLASS} Stones Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you join this class
  Yes =)
  No =(
View Results

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:05 pm
EDIT BY MOD
This class is no longer accepting students, and has been moved to the library for reference purposes. However please feel free to ask questions as one of us will try to get you an answer.

What you will learn :
1. The subject of the class: Stones
2. Date class starts: 5 Members Reached, will start on May 7th, get your last chance to join Now!!
3. How frequent you plan to post new lessons:Once every week
4. Basic outline for course of study:

01: Introduction to stones, why do we use them?
02: Usage of stones;
a: Usage in Spells
b: Usage in Rituals
c: Personal Usage
03: Love Stones
04: Wisdom Stones
05: Astral Traveling Stones
06: Creativity Stones
07: Luck Stones
08: Healing Stones
09: Birth Stones
10: Psychic Enhancement Stones
11: Divine Stones
12: Protecting Stones
13: Chakra Stones
14: Rune Stones
15: Stones Exam
16: Final Discussion;What have you learned, what did you think of the class?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:26 pm
Chapter 01: Introduction to Stones, why do we use them?

Basically we use stones for many purposes, in which i will go in more deeply in the next classes.
But first let me tell you the difference between Rune Stones, and GemStones.
Rune Stones are stones incripted with ancient symbols, which represent a lot of special things.
You have the basic runes stones, like Berkana, which stands for growth, and you have Jera, which stands for harvest and so on.
Then there are specific runes, like protection runes and so on.
Besides Rune Stones, there are Gemstones, which all have their own unique purpose, of which i will go through with you one by one later on.
Gemstones are also divided in the power they have, you have rough and polished stones, which can be subdivided in half or full gemstones.
Now that you know what sort of stones we have, i can start telling you about their purposes.
Basic Rune Stones are usually used to predict the future day by day, or they can tell you the meaning of your name letter by letter, since most of them represent one letter of the alphabet.
Special Rune Stones are usually used for more special meanings, like empowering spells, aid in rituals or simply protecting a space.
Gemstones also have plural uses, to help you get love,wisdom and so on.
They also can be used to empower spells you are doing, or aid you in certain rituals.
Unlike Runestones most gemstones have a limited amount of energy, once run out, you'll need to recharge then with your personal energy, or with the power of the moon or sun, depending on what stone it is, and what you are using it for.
If you do not watch the energy of your stones, it will eventually break, and have no use anymore, and you need to buy a new one.
Sometimes gemstones are used in scrying tools, like i have a Sunstone for mine.
That was my introduction to Stones and the Purpose of Stones, if you are interested, you are welcome to join my class, and we'll go further into everything.
Thanks for attending class, and i'll hope to see you again.

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:17 am
Chapter 02; Usage of Stones. Part A; Usage in Spells

Hi Class, I welcome thee in my humble classroom.
I am Dave, and I am going to be your teacher for this class.
Feel free to introduce yourselves after class has ended.
Well enough of the chit-chat, lets continue on with the class.
Todays class is about the usage of certain stones within spells.
As you might have learned in the introduction, there are different kind of stones.
Let me sum them up real quick here.
You have Rune Stones, which are divided in the basic 24 runes, and additional Runes.
Then you have Gemstones, which are divided in half gemstones, and full gemstones.
those 2 can be subdivided in rough and polished gemstones.
Of course each one of them, has a different use, and a different power.
I am going to name some of them, combined with the power of them in spells, of course i can't name them all, because that would be a really long story to listen to.
First let me explain how you use your stones in spells, before i continue on giving examples.
First of course you buy the stone you need for the spell, be sure it can handle your power, and the power of the spell.
The strongest one is a rough full gemstone, and the weakest is a polished half gemstone.
With runes you don't have a difference in power, they are all equally strong, and usually you can make your runestones yourself.
After you bought (or made) your stone, according to whether it is a sun or moon aligned stone, you need to charge and cleanse them.
Cleansing is quite easy, take blessed water (if you don't have access to it, you can make it by adding natural sea salt to water, and putting it in the light of the moon past half moon, and ask the Goddess to bless it for you, and leave it a night in the moonlight) and put the stone in the water, and leave it either in the sun or the moon for 3 days (or nights) so it is cleansed and charged.
Now you are ready to use the stone in spells, which actually is quite easy.
You just hold the stone in your hand(or a other place you feel comfortable having it, like when you lie down, you can place it anywhere, or perhaps on your altar if you use it), becoming aware of its energy pattern, and the energy it is radiating.
Then acknowledge the stone in the spell you use, for example.

"(stone name) I acknowledge you, with the power of the goddess flowing through you,
I ask you, please guide me with this spell to be.
For only good thou shalt do.
Please help me by the powers vested in me"

Or you can just write your own spell, which comes down to this, but suits you more, rhyming isn't a necessity, but i advise you to do so, because of course the Goddess will hear your spell, and it's more proper.
Remember, you can only write spells with a Magical Pen, if you don't know how to make one, you can ask me how to.
After that you can say your spell, that you intend to do.
For example if you want to do a protection spells, you can use an Eye Agate, and you can pick the color, according to what the spell is used for.
In the Eye Agate's case, you have several colors available, for example Black, which stand for banishment, which is ideal for a protecting spell.
Of course there are similarities in the effects of stones, Like Amethyst (which is a stone all spell casters have and wear as it increases psychic gifts. Amethyst is a calming stone so is excellent to use if you suffer from insomnia. Keep it under your pillow to sleep better and to remember your dreams. To get an answer to a question using a crystal ball, place five amethyst stones equal distance from each other around a crystal ball, light three jasmine candles and relax and the answer will come. Amethysts are pale lavender to deep purple) and Blue Lace Agate (which is a calming stone. It is a good stone to meditate with before doing a ritual. A bowl of several blue lace agates in any room will help the people to be more relaxed with each other. Burn gardenia scented candles to make everyone feel calm. Blue lace agate is a light blue with thin bands of white.) have the similarity, that they can both be used for calming purposes, but an Amethyst is purple, and the Blue Lace Agate, is blue-ish white, so from this you can conclude that there are stones with the same effect, but you can pick one more fitting for the spell according to the color, to help you even more in what you are trying to accomplish.
As you see you have many different options, which you can choose from, and have to consider, before actually starting what you are doing.
This concludes the class for this week, i hope you had fun, and that you learned new things.
You may now discuss the class with eachother, on how you felt about the class, and maybe even ask questions, to eachother or me of course.
For now i bid thee farewell.
Merry ye meet, and merry ye part,
~Blessed Be~

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:07 pm
User Image

Sometimes when you get what you want,
you end up missing what you left behind.

Quick question.
When making rune stones can it be just any stone you pick up from somewhere...or does it have to be a special type of stone?
I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question.
And by the way. My name's Tyler. biggrin

Whether it's your friends,
or time spent with your family.

Or even the music you used to hear in your head.

User Image  

k u r a b e a r_x

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:24 pm
x0Taste0the0Rainbow0x
User Image

Sometimes when you get what you want,
you end up missing what you left behind.

Quick question.
When making rune stones can it be just any stone you pick up from somewhere...or does it have to be a special type of stone?
I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question.
And by the way. My name's Tyler. biggrin

Whether it's your friends,
or time spent with your family.

Or even the music you used to hear in your head.

User Image

Heya Tyler, making runestones can be done by any pebble you find on the road, tho you have to be drawn by them, not some random spot where you have loads of stones and then just pick some, nor do i advise you to just buy random stones. The annoying part for making runes, instead of buying them, is that you have to bless them, the good part is, that once you bless them yourself they work better for you then bought ones.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:57 pm
i had a question too... how can i make a Magick Pen??  

XxsinicalxX

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:58 pm
XxsinicalxX
i had a question too... how can i make a Magick Pen??

When there's a new moon, fill a glass with consecrated water, (hope u have) and add some crushed roses, and a pitch of salt place the pen in glass, and the glass where the moon shines directly on it, burn some protection incense, visualize the pen being charged with a blue light, CHANT 3 or more times...

"Ink so (color) as the (comparation)
Always write with the truth
Three times said
Three times blessed
With the moon's light
Blessed be
Serve me on the path of right.
And please only serve me
So mote it be"

the next day it will be blessed,

Please only use this pen to write spells or rituals, not some random stuff, this is VERY important!  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:19 pm
ok .. thnx 3nodding  

XxsinicalxX

Doxa Theou

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:31 pm
Would blessing be considered the same as cleansing then?  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:35 am
Classes Delayed!!
I am sorry to inform you that classes are delayed, my regular Internet has gone down, and wont come up, somebody is coming to check it from my provider, but that might take some time. I hope i can continue next Wednesday. sorry for the inconvenience. Cariaith

Aditional Note:
The next class will be given on upcoming Friday, be sure to check this thread out that day. After that classes will be held on Wednesdays, as usual.  

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:32 pm
Doxa Theou
Would blessing be considered the same as cleansing then?

No not at all, it is in many ways very different. Cleansing is only to clarify it from evil influences. Blessings are your way of showing the Goddess that you are bound to it, and that is shall do her/your will only.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:31 am
Chapter 02; Usage of Stones. Part B; Usage in Rituals.
Hello Class, welcome to this class once again, i hope you enjoyed the last one as much as i did.
Today we are going to discuss the usage of stones in rituals.
You can use stones in rituals, all with their own effect en color, as explained in last class.
First we are going to talk about how stones can help you protect your circle.
Also with protecting your circle one can choose between RuneStones and Gemstones.
Depending on how much you want your circle protected you can choose if you just use your general RuneStones, and place them around your circle, or that you choose for a specific protecting RuneStone.
Eiwaz is one of the protecting RuneStones, within the normal set of RuneStones. He looks like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Algiz Is the 2nd one of the normal RuneStoneset that also stands for protection. He looks like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Besides RuneStones you can of course use Gemstones in your rituals too.
I am going to name only some, because We have a different class about protecting Gemstones later on.
Of course there are many different kinds of protections, like wards against evil, or illness wishers.
The one i usually use in rituals would be Jet, because it protects against negative energies, which you really do not want in your ritual.
Jet works good with Mahagony which is an excellent protector, one of the best i may add.
You just use the stones which you feel comfortable with, and which suits you most, because stones are really personal, and work best, when you feel attuned to it.
You can just create your circle, and then when you have closed it, you use your stones to make an additional circle within the one you made.
If you really want to protect it, you can also make a 3rd layer, made of insence sticks.
The ones you can use Bay, Cedarwood, Clove, Copal, and much more.
Some of these scents don't come in pre bought insences, but of course you can always make your own insence, with the herbs and ethereal oils, that you find or buy.
This concludes Class for today.
I hope you had a good time.
Until next Wednesday, and in the meanwhile you can ofcourse discuss the class, or ask questions to eachother, or me.
~*Blessed Be*~

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:57 am
Chapter 02; Usage of Stones. Part C; Personal Usage
Hello Class, welcome to todays course.
Today we are going to discuss the use of stones, for personal matters.
Now you know how to use the stones in rituals and spells, this is actually really easy.
Of course you need to cleanse and bless the stones, as usual, so they will attune to you.
Also you need to recharge them in the moon or sun, especially when you intend to wear them every day.
Here are some lined up after eachother, and of course their uses.

Agate - general
Description: Red / orange / brown / black with patterns, stripes, and/or banding...
Good for general protection and very effective for protecting children. Helps in healing - especially blood disorders, skin and intestines. Increases Strength, restores bodily energy, increases courage, and tends to promote longevity. Removes envious thoughts and spite, while easing stressful situations. Agates, especially banded, are good for meditation. Carried while gardening, this stone increases plants’ fertility and health.

Bloodstone
Description: Dark green with red / orange spots and designs...
Increases physical strength and promotes courage. It is helpful in business and legal matters. Bloodstone has been found to increase the effectiveness and power of spells. When worn, this stone is said to increase one's life span. Great for healing matters concerning the bloodstream. Can be used for invisibility (in the form of not attracting attention to yourself)

Calcite - yellow/orange
Description: Translucent light orange to yellow...
Success, good luck, lends energy to the body, protective, self-worth, direct Magickal energy

Danburite
Description: Clear, transparent..
A diamond substitute. Increase energy levels along with wisdom and knowledge. Gives a good boost to communication abilities and self esteem. Can be programmed with the powers of any other stone.

Emerald
Description: Green with some black & white. Gem quality is traslucent - transparent....
Simply excellent for love and friendship rituals. Excellent at drawing wealth and success ... especially in business situations. Can also help draw attention to your business. Increases memory and psychic abilities. Very good for protection ... especially protection from evil. If you have not received a raise in your job, or you feel that your good work goes unnoticed by your boss, use emerald to attract due attention and recognition.

Flourite
Description: Green, Blue, Teal, Yellow, Clear, pink some banded...
Works well to strengthen the power of all other stones. It helps to straighten out the thoughts, and has the ability to reduce the level of emotions in any situation, so that a more accurate, logical perspective can be had. It also heightens analytical abilities, and effectively lowers anger, depression, and desperation. Many times, flourite is also used in healing rituals.

These are just a few examples ofcourse, in the following classes i'll name as many as i know, from that topic, so you have plenty together.
Of course with these stones color also matters for its purpose, some pick stones by the color that they like, some choose for the representation of the color, and some choose on just which one feels right.
There is really no proof of which method is the right one for choosing stones.
I personally try to combine these features of stones.
Like a green stone, which represents healing, and then i pick the sort of stone which represents it too, and then just pick the one that feels right.
About wearing them, usually they just use a leather lace(because things like gold and silver usually block a part of the stones energy), and make it as long until it reaches your Solarus Plexus, which is the center bone between your ribs
Of course where to wear them depends on what you want to use it for. For example, depression stones are usually worn on or near the head, preferably the side of your head, whilst healing stones usually are placed on the area that needs the healing, and psychic power enhancing or meditative stones, are usually worn on the fore head(on the 3rd eye)
If you try to heal somebody else with your stone, without you wanting them actually wearing the stone, you can visualize the stone, and the aspect of the stone, on the place that needs to be effected.
This was todays class, i hope you had fun.
And until next week, class is now open for discussion.
I see that the last class wasn't yet discussed, highly probable due to the absence of me, so last class can be discussed now as well, together with this one.
Thanks for listening.
Merry we meet, merry we part.
~*Blessed Be*~

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:35 pm
Classes Delayed
I am sad to inform you, that classes will be delayed.
They will come, but not on preset dates(like every wednesday)
This is because yesterday i got the news, that my grandmother(who raised me) has fallen ill, to be exact she has cancer in her lungpipe.
Therefor she can not be operated, and they aren't sure whether or not chemo therapy or radiation will help.
For now she is still fine, but with a disease as cancer, you never know how quick it can go.
I hope you can understand my situation.
~*Blessed Be*~

PS i'm in desperate need of healing spells, so if you know any, please go to this place
Healing Spells  

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers