Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Archives
ATTENTION ALL MODERATORS! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:19 pm
Since I'd really like to get a good newspaper going, all moderators must write something of substance for the newspaper, which will be released fortnightly (might be changed to weekly if we actually get it going smoothly)

This means I want to see something that's worth reading. For example, Pay Per Cuts sent me 2 decent nicely written reviews. If we were to do this weekly, I'd allow everyone to skip 1 week a month if they desire.

Now, you may ask "but nitnit, why you gotta make me work!?". The answer is, quite frankly, being a moderator isn't all that demanding. Sure, you have to move threads every now and then, and you guys do a great job of that. I don't want this to be a lot of work or anything, but to hold the rank above everyone else in the guild, you should at least contribute by spending 20 minutes max writing something up.

Examples of what you can do:

- Well written reviews or extensive previews (PPC's reviews, and Deathguiser's preview can be reused for this)
- A well made movie or music album review
- A well done comic (like the one digital knight sent me)
- Something going on in the world of video games / other media (like a game convention, or some new technology or whatever)

No, I won't hunt you down via PM... that's silly. If you failed to read this message, which I'll leave up until this saturday when I'd like all the articles for the paper submitted, then that's your own fault.

Anyone who fails to contribute something good or fails to provide a reason for this will be demoted (this can easily be reobtained though)

I also welcome anyone to make things for the paper - it's a good way of showing that you want to contribute to the guild!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:32 pm
Decent!? My reviews will rape your mind.  

Pay Per Cuts

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:22 pm
I'm not going to give detailed crap, but I'll get to writing some quick anime reviews... maybe.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:34 pm
I am going to be doing an even better preview for the paper, I plan on it being about fallout 3  

Deathguiser

Mazeyelle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:56 pm
ooh! can i do a drawing? like, one of my drawing i do when i have time? or even an artist corner, where there can be like a featured artist or drawing?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:19 am
Great. Now I have to work...
twisted  

darkslasherX
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:47 pm
I would like some detail and images at least. This is only every other week.

Tyhoon - While I appreciate the status update on the very slow moving open forum RP, I also require something of substance to go along with it. Maybe a review for an RPG or a movie?

Mazeyelle - Yes, well done art is very good also

Everyone else - make sure your articles have images, of some sort, unless they are really lengthy. That includes those of you who are rather lazy in helping out, or completely failed to submit anything when I asked you to last week, this time I won't hesitate to demote -_- *cough shigeru, kunx, pachulo, infinity trust, JONNNN, and a few others cough*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:07 pm
You know, demoting Kunx, Jon, and I will only result in you re-promoting us.

And will a ~8 sentence review do?  

Shigeru the Hero

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:10 pm
As long as you include some spiffy visuals.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:30 pm
nitnit
As long as you include some spiffy visuals.

Easy.  

Shigeru the Hero

Mazeyelle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:32 pm
fun! i already have a pic i can use for this week 3nodding and i'll get into looking for some more art to put up too X3 or an artist to honor. depending on which i choose.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:06 pm
Everything needs to be in by the end of Saturday. I also stand by my earlier statement of demotions for all crew members who don't contribute to this.  

nitnit
Captain

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:13 pm
I've been having a difficult time trying to think of something which to contribute this week, but I think I came up with something that should at least be worthwhile. I'll be sending it in soon. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:15 pm
Alright, please make sure your siblings get in their stuff too. I know that Mazeyelle has a lot of material she can work with, but she needs to let me know what exactly to put in.

Also, strongly considering just making it weekly so it can be a more constant source of entertainment.  

nitnit
Captain

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:07 pm
Can these be bi-monthly? I dislike writing these.

EDIT: Just read the word 'fortnightly'. You suck.  
Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff