Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
Toon Link = combo (vid) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:14 am
Check out what I found on YouTube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e3WpgSNwsh4&feature=related

And that's why Toon Link > all except Wolf.
Time to go into Training mode for hours at a time... twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:15 pm
darkslasherX

I learned that the hard way...  

rainuken

I Kero I

Sparkly Sex Symbol

9,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:09 pm
what level was that comp you should show in the vid and plus thtll be hard to accomplish on a human player but other than that looks good  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:01 pm
Kero-of-Ice
what level was that comp you should show in the vid and plus thtll be hard to accomplish on a human player but other than that looks good
Not my vid, hence the comment about Training mode. However, I've heard that, with enough practice, you can pull this off once per match against a human player (or more if your opponent doesn't learn to dodge the first blow).  

darkslasherX
Crew

Pachulo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:19 pm
Combo will only work on crappy players, Ike could have pulled a counter there(VB) and broken the combo, air dodge also makes it fail.

But anyway I guees its ok but I wont really work, I guees you could pull it off but I dont see it happening specially the last hit when you kill him off the map, since links starts under the player I could easy pull VA and end up killing you rather than killing me or just run away with a jump or recovery move, but I would just take the opportunity to kill you off the map with VA

I guees It could be used as a surprise to someone that has never seen it before, but well I just dont think that combo is gonna work in any situation unlees the player sucks....bad.

Thats just how I see it I could be wrong but meh.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:22 pm
The only way I find that epic is if that was the big turn-around move and slams a Intense Char., sorry, but that's my two cents  

Guardian Eevee X

5,250 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:45 pm
Pachulo
Combo will only work on crappy players, Ike could have pulled a counter there(VB) and broken the combo, air dodge also makes it fail.

But anyway I guees its ok but I wont really work, I guees you could pull it off but I dont see it happening specially the last hit when you kill him off the map, since links starts under the player I could easy pull VA and end up killing you rather than killing me or just run away with a jump or recovery move, but I would just take the opportunity to kill you off the map with VA

I guees It could be used as a surprise to someone that has never seen it before, but well I just dont think that combo is gonna work in any situation unlees the player sucks....bad.

Thats just how I see it I could be wrong but meh.
Good point. I'd watch more closely to determine if the opponent ever stops tumbling, but sadly YouTube fails on my computer.

That dair spike is a lot more useful than it looks, if well aimed. It works better after a footstool jump, or anything that renders your foe helpless, for that matter. Arrows and bombs do the trick nicely. (This I concluded from actual battle testing, too.)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:22 pm
darkslasherX

Where does it say that? (the thing I underlined)  

Tekiyo

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:34 am
Tekiyo
darkslasherX

And that's why Toon Link > all except Wolf. <-Right here.

Where does it say that? (the thing I underlined)

Where the arrow is.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:38 am
That was pretty sweet, though who would actually start out a fight by charging forward like that?

Well, it could definitely work against n00bs, but against anyone who's actually decent it's impractical and unlikely.  

pathetic_negi_magician

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:41 am
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s8nTA1zJsRY&feature=related

I had this used against me the other day. Really REALLY sucks when you get hit.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:44 pm
But it sucks worse for them when you air dodge the down air like you should be doing.  

Itakio

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:52 pm
Jonnnn
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s8nTA1zJsRY&feature=related

I had this used against me the other day. Really REALLY sucks when you get hit.
Awesome move. The whole concept of using a bomb to prevent the foe from simply air dodging or recovering because of tumble time and to set them up for the finisher at the same time is sheer genius. I can see that technique winning a couple matches easily, too, especially in team play.

Lag might be a bit of a problem for me, though...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:34 pm
Lame lag excuses are lame.  

nitnit
Captain

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:55 pm
nitnit
Lame lag excuses are lame.
Exactly why I plan on spamming wifi battles at the earliest opportunity. Could be a while, though...  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff