Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
What are your favorite game series?- Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pachulo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:28 pm
Well just wondering and when I say favorite I mean that you really like them dont just add all the games you just like, I am talking here about games that you can play over and over and still come back.

1.Fire Emblem

In hard this game is a pain in the a** I have to do a chapter atleast twice before I can actully find a strategy that works

2.Tales Of ...

The mixed Real time fighitng with an RPG the best thign ever.

3.Pokemon

Its lots of fun and I can actully go 3oo + in all series sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:52 pm
Well I like the classic series...aint nothing gonna replace the classics such as...

Mario, Kirby, Link, Sonic (Till they got crappy), and as small as it was, even pikmin...

But the series I like most is Pokemon...It inspired my life, storytelling, and my drawings once more! mrgreen  

Guardian Eevee X

5,250 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:17 pm
Pokemon- for the fun of beating all of my friends and being the best.

Final Fantasy- for storyline so deep and so realistic characters I actually feel like I'm part of the adventure.

Xenosaga- the most philosophical game series I have ever played, and worth almost every second of the 200+ hours I invested into the series.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:00 pm
smash, all versions
most square enix games
and dot hack series.  

ravemaster47

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:11 pm
There are a lot of series that I like, and games that I still play (or would if I could find them), and certainly a lot more than I can remember off the top of my head. No offense if I leave any out.

-Fire Emblem
-Pokemon
-Pikmin
-Starcraft (Okay, it's not really a series... yet...)
-Legend of Zelda
-Tales
-Metroid
-DDR

That's about it for now.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:33 pm
Pachulo, don't even complain about how hard fire emblem is until you play the japanese only ones. I've been playing 6, and will try out 5, but 5 is supposedly the hardest game in the entire series. Ever since they brought it over to america they n00bed it insanely, it's only difficult on the hardest settings in some cases (FE7's HHM) and not difficult at all, no matter the setting, unless you force yourself to do badly or use horrible characters (FE cool

I'm really more for individual games than series, but I'm a fan of
Pokemon and Super Smash Bros (obviously) Fire Emblem too. Pre Network Megaman is really good, albeit the same game every time with new enemies/stages.

I don't consider myself a fan of a series unless it has a lot of games in it, and I like the majority of them. There are hundreds of amazing single games / out of a series that I love though.  

nitnit
Captain

Raike99

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:09 pm
-Pokemon
-Megaman
-Kirby
-Sonic

I really love behemoths.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:24 pm
User Image
I was bored

Sonic
Soul Caliber
Metal Gear
So I got this D: User Image

Kunx990

Pachulo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:20 pm
nitnit
Pachulo, don't even complain about how hard fire emblem is until you play the japanese only ones. I've been playing 6, and will try out 5, but 5 is supposedly the hardest game in the entire series. Ever since they brought it over to america they n00bed it insanely, it's only difficult on the hardest settings in some cases (FE7's HHM) and not difficult at all, no matter the setting, unless you force yourself to do badly or use horrible characters (FE cool

Pish, I dont know japanese and I dont feel like lurking for a patch. so I dont see me playing FE 1 - 5 anytime soon.

They are making a FE 1-2 remake for the DS so I will be able to play Marth saga.

FE 8 is difficulty depending of how you play I play perfectionist which mean I get all the items, dont use the "rare" items and keep atleast 1 of each, I keep all of my units and dont let them die (except mist I killed her on porpuse I hated her stupid a**) and the Black Knight fight is annyoing as ******** since its all luck and no skill.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:27 pm
But Fire Emblem 8 is the sacred stones.

I haven't actually played 9 yet, but I have friends who claim that Ike is so overpowered that they killed the black knight in one hit with him. (or rather had Ike solo him)

Also, high chance they dumb down the difficulty of the remake, though I have no clue how hard 1 and 2 were.

Seriously though, there were no obscenely overpowered characters in the series until 7 came out in america and they made Hector absurd.  

nitnit
Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:33 pm
Also, turns out that they removed the super high difficulty "maniac" mode on FE9 from the Japanese version and added in an Easy mode for the American version  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:35 pm
nitnit
But Fire Emblem 8 is the sacred stones.

I haven't actually played 9 yet, but I have friends who claim that Ike is so overpowered that they killed the black knight in one hit with him. (or rather had Ike solo him)

Also, high chance they dumb down the difficulty of the remake, though I have no clue how hard 1 and 2 were.

Seriously though, there were no obscenely overpowered characters in the series until 7 came out in america and they made Hector absurd.

My bad I got confused with F8 and F9.

F8 is easy since you can abuse the Tower.

And you cant kill Black Knight in 1 hit he is talking BS. the way to kill BK is to get 2 Aether and pray he doesnt get Luna, the BK fight is just about luck no skill you get Aether 2 tiems and you win, you dont well you lose.

and yes Ike IS overpower you can solo the game in Normal with him I doubt you can do it on hard since there is a shitload of enemys and in the eearly chapters he is the suxxor.  

Pachulo

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:39 pm
I plan on trying to borrow FE9 and maybe 10 from a friend tomorrow since I have april break next week.

Once I get my laptop back I'll probably finish up FE6, though I'm kind of dishearted that I already missed one of the gaiden chapters, and can't access the true final 2 levels (found out after all my savestates were already a few chapters ahead)

6 is cool, although Roy is kind of crappy like Eliwood. I guess that once he gets the Sword of Seals towards the end of the game he's epic, but until then no one seems to be very powerful (though heroes are still the best class as always)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:52 am
-Pokemon
-Final Fantasy
-Devil May Cry
-Assassin's Creed is just awesome  

paleHorse91

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:01 pm
But assassin's creed is only 1 game -_-; If I were to go on about all the single games I like it would take a while...  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff