Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
The Five Year Rule???!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:47 am

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Hello y'all
This was briefly touched in one of the other topics, but I wanted to go more in depth.

What is the 5 year rule in Islam? The larger gap in age between a guy and a girl (usually the guy is older....)

My man is 22, I'm 18. I've heard that it is good to have an age gap in Islam...something about mental maturity or whatever...
Is there something in the Qu'ran about this?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:54 am
I don't know what the qur'an says, but Muhammad(saw) married someone 15 years(i think) older than himself.

But mistekreuz said something about EGO.  

Zaakii

Lily Da Bangali Rani

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:41 pm
Who on earth do you get these made up lies from???

There is no age gap... that's it final...

As long as you both have past age of puberty, then it's ok to get married... and there is no age gap for men or women that's all a big big big big big bunch of lies!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:04 am
Lily Da Bangali Rani

As long as you both have past age of puberty, then it's ok to get married... and there is no age gap for men or women that's all a big big big big big bunch of lies!

which is precisely why I'm asking.
I hear all sorts of information concerning this and I don't know fact from fiction.
It's the same problem I faced with being a cradle-Catholic. I get taught all sorts of strange things that actually doesn't coincide with the Church's teachings, but are nonetheless taught anyways.

I wanted it to be clarified, chill.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:03 am
Lily Da Bangali Rani

so if a girl is 9 years old and she has started menustrating....i can technically marry her? gonk
creepy.

Yes, I am a flaming Muslim...but Allah loves me!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:05 am
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani

which is precisely why I'm asking.
I hear all sorts of information concerning this and I don't know fact from fiction.
It's the same problem I faced with being a cradle-Catholic. I get taught all sorts of strange things that actually doesn't coincide with the Church's teachings, but are nonetheless taught anyways.

I wanted it to be clarified, chill.

The reason why i answered your question by shouting is so you read it and understand that you were being fed lies... if i chilled and told you... then like on every other forum you would ask the same questions over and over again... and got nowhere... rofl  

Lily Da Bangali Rani

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:24 am
Lily Da Bangali Rani

The reason why i answered your question by shouting is so you read it and understand that you were being fed lies... if i chilled and told you... then like on every other forum you would ask the same questions over and over again... and got nowhere... rofl
because you don't give a satisfactory answer. You just blare out: because allah says so. Thats not good enough. I wanted a WHY. Not just same old same old.
If Allah said that all girls with brown hair must jump off a building (or be thrown off) because they are unclean....wouldn't you want to know why he considered brown-haired girls to be unclean?
I'm searching for something deeper than just regurgitated quotes from the Qu'ran. An actual analysis.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:44 pm
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani

because you don't give a satisfactory answer. You just blare out: because allah says so. Thats not good enough. I wanted a WHY. Not just same old same old.
If Allah said that all girls with brown hair must jump off a building (or be thrown off) because they are unclean....wouldn't you want to know why he considered brown-haired girls to be unclean?
I'm searching for something deeper than just regurgitated quotes from the Qu'ran. An actual analysis.

At no point have i said "because Allah said so"... in fact every time i have provided you with good answers... but your too dumb too understand the answers... in fact i reckon you haven't even learnt a single thing yet about Islam whilst being in these forums...

Im not being mean... just trying to say that when i answer your questions and you don't understand... it becomes a waste... but if you tried harder to understand and opened your mind then it would be great, you would understand Muslims better and that would make me happy 3nodding  

Lily Da Bangali Rani

Lily Da Bangali Rani

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:46 pm
I always answer your question cause i want to help 3nodding

So all is up to you to understand those answers i give...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:25 pm
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani

At no point have i said "because Allah said so"... in fact every time i have provided you with good answers... but your too dumb too understand the answers... in fact i reckon you haven't even learnt a single thing yet about Islam whilst being in these forums...

Im not being mean... just trying to say that when i answer your questions and you don't understand... it becomes a waste... but if you tried harder to understand and opened your mind then it would be great, you would understand Muslims better and that would make me happy 3nodding

trying not to be mean, eh? rolleyes
I can't help it if I'm not from your cu;ture, not your belief system. It's very foreign to me. YOU may get it and think it's simple. But I don't I find Islamic thinking to be vastly different from Catholic thinking. We may belief in one God, but we ain't talking the same language.
Repetition is the mother of all learning, doncha know?
I honestly try to comprehend it and I have read the posts that you made, but again, it's very alien to me. That's probably why I keep on posting similar/same questions. I just don't understand it. I'm very willing to be open to Islamic thought...but it is really awkward. Try thinking like a Christian. Mayhaps then you will understand.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Prof Albus PWB Dumbledore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:44 pm
The Five-Year Rule is not a religious practice. It is more of a cultural perspective.

Why? Because that is not practiced in most Islamic communities.

but I reckon it is practiced in some because you seemed to have heard of it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:47 pm
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani

trying not to be mean, eh? rolleyes
I can't help it if I'm not from your cu;ture, not your belief system. It's very foreign to me. YOU may get it and think it's simple. But I don't I find Islamic thinking to be vastly different from Catholic thinking. We may belief in one God, but we ain't talking the same language.
Repetition is the mother of all learning, doncha know?
I honestly try to comprehend it and I have read the posts that you made, but again, it's very alien to me. That's probably why I keep on posting similar/same questions. I just don't understand it. I'm very willing to be open to Islamic thought...but it is really awkward. Try thinking like a Christian. Mayhaps then you will understand.

Well no worry, just don't snap at me and call me names like you did on that other topic in this forum... cause it's very mean & childish, i ain't swore at you once, and i don't ever want to... so please do the same and never swear at me again ok...

Just remember i not here to argue... im here to help, but when you get all anti-Muslim on me i get upset...

Try not to make me upset, I'm doing my best to answer your questions... and to be honest i have gave you alot of answers... some even no one else can answer in this forum... so please be nice to me friend 3nodding  

Lily Da Bangali Rani

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:47 pm
The Five-Year Rule is not a religious practice. It is more of a cultural perspective.

is there a legit reason for keeping up this cultural practice?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:51 pm
Ratri_Cat

there should be. but only those people who are under that culture understand it so.  

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:24 pm
Ratri_Cat

there should be. but only those people who are under that culture understand it so.

figures. i take it nobody here practices this then?

Yes, I am a flaming Muslim...but Allah loves me!

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff