Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Something that frustrated me while reading twilight Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XColterX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:56 pm
When I was reading Twilight, I got to the part where they need to keep Bella away from James and then James calls Bella at the hotel, and she thinks that she's just going to go give her life to save her mom, and doesn't even think of telling Alice or Jasper. This, frustrated me. They said that the only way you can kill a vampire is to tear them to shreds and burn the pieces. Well, why didn't they think of making pipe bombs to kill James with? Why didn't they go break into a gun store and steal a .50 caliber rifle? If that doesn't tear somebody to shreds, then I don't know what will. I think it was also fairly disappointing that we didn't get any details of how Edward and the family "Took care of" James. It just frustrates me that Bella didn't even think of possibilities of ways to fight him. I mean, to make a good pipe bomb, all you need is a can of axe, nails, a lighter and a fuse.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:55 pm
That's a good point, but I think vampires are smarter then that. I mean, they could smell a bomb coming and I don't think a rifle would do much good - they're so strong and fast, they could just deflect it. I'm not so sure human weapons would do much good against them xp

But good for you for reading the book!! We need more Twilight boys!!!!!!! *hug*  

6vampire6mistress6

Emo Oompa Loompa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:20 pm
6vampire6mistress6
That's a good point, but I think vampires are smarter then that. I mean, they could smell a bomb coming and I don't think a rifle would do much good - they're so strong and fast, they could just deflect it. I'm not so sure human weapons would do much good against them xp

Yeah there smarter then that!
YEAHHHHHHHHHH *HUGGIEZ*  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:25 pm
i mean she probalby corssed her mind but im sure a vampire could eaisly evade anything that was thrown at them. she'd have to be pretty quick and careful and we all know that bella isn't the smoothest of people, plus she didn't have all that much time to react and plan it all.  

ktpohgee

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:23 pm
Relax, it's just a book.
You know, there's a thing called a storyline.
It makes a good one.

I think just being able to shoot James with a gun right away would have been stupid as hell.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:46 pm
Don't get me wrong, I love the book. I just think it would have been cool for Bella to put up a fight. Since we didn't get any details as to how James was "dealt with". If he's so bad, I would like to know how Edward and his family brought him to justice.  

XColterX

XColterX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:50 pm
6vampire6mistress6

Why thank you. I read the book mainly because my girl that I love so much lent it to me after she and her friend noticed all of the similarities between Edward and I. I didn't expect much out of it, but when you can understand the love aspect of the story, then you never want to put it down. I love the book. I only have a few slight critisizms, like the one we are currently discussing.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:25 pm
xTAURUSx-47
Don't get me wrong, I love the book. I just think it would have been cool for Bella to put up a fight. Since we didn't get any details as to how James was "dealt with". If he's so bad, I would like to know how Edward and his family brought him to justice.

I don't think Edward said any details of how he was destroyed to protect Bella. So, it wasn't said. Have you read the next two books? If not, I suggest reading them. :}

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

XColterX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:30 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
xTAURUSx-47

I don't think Edward said any details of how he was destroyed to protect Bella. So, it wasn't said. Have you read the next two books? If not, I suggest reading them. :}

I have not read the others, but I surely plan to do so. It is just a matter of being able to get my hands on them. I'm sure I will be able to borrow them from my lovely girl.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:45 pm
If i remember correctly...isn't stephanie writing an Edward p.o.v...?
Not that it would go into that much more detail, but it could explain things better, and explain how James was dealt with.

McFlyenstein1

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:51 pm
I think bella should've bit HIM blaugh

You're girl is very lucky - my man's "too busy" to read it. But I keep him updated whether he cares or not so he knows what's going on. And I've told him that he's going to the movie with me. I mean, he took me to see Rambo and AVP2 which scared the holy crap outta me, so he's seeing twilight. Then he might get to be Edward....

My friends and I RP the charries for our book club. Me and this one girl both went for Bella but she dropped out of the club (haha couldn't stand the heat!! jk) so I'm Bella. I call my bf Jacob cuz I love him but he pisses me off. That and he hasn't read the books. He doesn't deserve Edward talk2hand LOL  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:12 am

a. Have you ever been a hysteric teenage girl? She knew that Alice and Jasper and the crew would have been putting her life first, rather than her mother's. She didn't want to chance losing her mum.

b. Have you ever tried shooting "granite" that happens to move at superhuman speeds? The Matrix would have nothing on that.

Calamity Rose

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100

XColterX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:09 am
6vampire6mistress6

You're girl is very lucky - my man's "too busy" to read it. But I keep him updated whether he cares or not so he knows what's going on. And I've told him that he's going to the movie with me. I mean, he took me to see Rambo and AVP2 which scared the holy crap outta me, so he's seeing twilight. Then he might get to be Edward....

My friends and I RP the charries for our book club. Me and this one girl both went for Bella but she dropped out of the club (haha couldn't stand the heat!! jk) so I'm Bella. I call my bf Jacob cuz I love him but he pisses me off. That and he hasn't read the books. He doesn't deserve Edward talk2hand LOL

Me and my girl always joke about us being characters from Twilight, but I always end up saying that she's better than that childish, over-emotional Bella. Like, six-hundred times better! And she always tells me that I'm a million times better than that grumpy old Edward xd :

Now, I'm scared about the movie. I'm dead scared that I'll go see it and it will totally ruin the way twilight is in my head. I've seen the actors they picked for the roles, and personally, the only person that even came close to my image in my head was the girl who is supposed to play Bella. I don't like the guy they picked for Edward at all. He doesn't have that look that I imagine from Edward. He doesn't have the kind of sharp expression I imagine Edward has.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:38 pm
xTAURUSx-47
6vampire6mistress6

Me and my girl always joke about us being characters from Twilight, but I always end up saying that she's better than that childish, over-emotional Bella. Like, six-hundred times better! And she always tells me that I'm a million times better than that grumpy old Edward xd :

Now, I'm scared about the movie. I'm dead scared that I'll go see it and it will totally ruin the way twilight is in my head. I've seen the actors they picked for the roles, and personally, the only person that even came close to my image in my head was the girl who is supposed to play Bella. I don't like the guy they picked for Edward at all. He doesn't have that look that I imagine from Edward. He doesn't have the kind of sharp expression I imagine Edward has.

yeah. I'll be dragged to go see the movie, but I am dreading it. I'm afraid they'll ruin the whole book loike the did with some of the Harry Potters.

And the reason why Bella didn't tell anyone, was, because (A) it makes for a better storyline (B) she thought the vampires wouldn't care as much or couldn't do anything for her mom's safety and (C) because she's a stupid, monsterous, damsel in distress. People always have to save her.

But that's just my opinion.  

Puckpup

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:27 pm
you are such a dude...lol. you have a point. I wanted them to go into detail but Stephenie makes up for it in Eclipse...  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff