Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
an interesting theory about the end of the books...... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you heartbroken that the series will end after only one more book?
  yes
  no
  completely and irreversebly depressed...
View Results

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:44 pm
well.......
you may not agree with this, but i thought of something when i was reading some faqs on stephenie's website.

when i told my friend about this she went crazy saying that she never thought of it.
so tell me what YOU think about my theory.

so, on the faq's somebody asked if edward's story was going to go longer than just one book.

she answerd with saying that she had no intention on stopping edwards story after just three books.
then she proceded to say that edward's side of the story is extremely long. up to around 1000 pages per book.
she also said that she intends to publish all of them.

soooo.....that got me thinking.....
would that mean that edward's story could extend farther than bella's?

would that mean that all of the books in edward's point of view could continue the twilight saga farther than breaking dawn?

please tell me if u have any comments or questions.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:36 pm
Could be, its possible!  

Emo Oompa Loompa

eragonlover159

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:13 pm
That would actually be very quite interesting I wouldn't be surprised (Meyer being a complete total and utter genius and full of surprises) if thats exactly what ends up happening. We'll just have to wait and see unfortunately.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:14 pm
maybe  

Fifii

there was a silence

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:00 am
yup.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:25 am
I hope so ='D

RANC!D_UN!CORNS

Seeker in the Night

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:03 am
It would be awesome if it is true. biggrin and i hope it is. Edward is more interesting then Bella anyway, lol  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:40 am
You're Genius!

I hope that happens.

--I mean, if Bella does turn into a vampire in Breaking Dawn, then possibly Edwards view of seeing her with all these changes in a totally different book would make things interesting. It'd be a book continuing Breaking Dawn.

There wouldn't be much of a point of continuing the book in Bella's veiw, besides her feeling the changes. I mean, we all like her view with her feeling Edward and stuff.

So yeah..

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:48 am
Pubic Genital Lice
You're Genius!

I hope that happens.

--I mean, if Bella does turn into a vampire in Breaking Dawn, then possibly Edwards view of seeing her with all these changes in a totally different book would make things interesting. It'd be a book continuing Breaking Dawn.

There wouldn't be much of a point of continuing the book in Bella's veiw, besides her feeling the changes. I mean, we all like her view with her feeling Edward and stuff.

So yeah..

thank you! all of you!
and yes, your right.
edward's perspective about bella's change would be much
longer and more interesting than in bella's point of view.

and so again, that would advance us even more in the saga.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:00 pm
Midnight Sun will be the only book in Edward's POV because she wishes everybody to understand Edward and his thoughts better. She said somewhere (I can't find it TT^TT) that there would be no point in writing a second installment because everybody would understand Edward enough.

The Q & A from the February 2007, BYU Symposium
One of the main reasons she started writing Midnight Sun (back when the plan was just to write the first chapter) was so people would understand Edward’s character better. She wanted them to understand that a vampire’s need to drink blood isn’t like, “Umm… I think I’m in the mood for cheesecake.”

(And the fact that everybody wrote their fanfics all wrong)

The FAQ you read was talking about Bella's POV and how stopping at a 3rd book would be 'unforgiveable.' She was going to stop at three:

Stephenie's FAQ
A. Outtakes, no. Why? Because I don't have anything good. I didn't cut anything major or funny this time.

Extras, not for a while. I do have a couple of fairly large extras I want to do, but I can't work on them until I'm done with book four. Eventually, I'm planning to write the story from Bree's perspective—how she met Riley, how life was amongst the newborns, how she found and lost love in the middle of the chaos, how the Volturi were involved, etc. I'd also like to write the alternate ending that I once considered for Eclipse, back when I was under pressure to end the series at three books. I'm looking forward to writing these both up, but don't hold your breath; it's going to be a while.

So now she's writing Breaking Dawn.  

moffity

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:42 pm
yes.

but then she said:
Thirdly, there are other stories to tell here, and, though the narrator might change, the story will continue.

though that sentence has more than one meaning, i highly doubt that she would want to stop edwards story at just one book.

and i saw how u bolded that sentence in stephenie's FAQ.

I'd also like to write the alternate ending that I once considered for Eclipse, back when I was under pressure to end the series at three books.

she said there that, that was back when she was under pressure about writing three books. which now she is no longer under that pressure.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:54 pm
hrm well I think its going to go on like Anne Rice now.. so many books from so many points of view..  

celestialheiress

LexiLu Latte

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:49 pm
yes  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:10 pm
I would hope it would... I would be crying to see it end soo quickly... Since I just finished all of them for sure yesterday and pretty much started... last week on thursday. Went by too fast...  

InsaneOctopus

piercing_golden_eyes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:19 pm
stephenie meyer says that she probably wont write another, but leaving another option cuz it would b 2 sad 2 say this was the end. she also says there r other stories in forks and w/ vampires and werewolves, i have no idea what else she could write about. i know she also talked about mayb writing about Bree and the newborns... mayb.. thats all i know and like ur idea 4 edward. cant w8 4 breaking dawn, movie, or book. am so exited, its not even funny anymore  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff