Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
"Only under light does a flower bloom with beauty..." Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:05 am
"Now the time has come...for the finale."

So, I've decided to enter the arena again.

After playing around with tektek for a while, an idea struck me about Endrance's skirt problem. Those who has attempted to make an Endrance tektek have probably realized that the Red Leather Skirt looked amazingly accurate under the Elegant Veil, but were angered when Gaia's layering wanted one or the other. We were forced to then equip the hideous Red Leather Belt instead and "be satisfied" with it. Shopping around yesterday, I found some really short red shorts that would look well with the cosplay and didn't removed the skirt, but sadly they removed the Stealth Ultraviolet Leggings, leaving me at another stop sign. However, playing around with tektek I remembered that girls have a lot of stockings and wondered if the shorts and the stockings would go together. I found the G-LOL Bruise stockings [which went almost all the way up while still remaining the same color as the boots], and then put the Blade's Leggings beneath them, which makes it look extremely convincing.

So, now that I think I have made the most accurate Endrance I ever have so far, I decided once again to enter the Avatar Arena and see if I can join Kite, BlackRose, and the two Balmungs [one of which was mine] i nthe ranking. I was hoping you all could help me get there again, because I truly believed you all were the only reason why I placed as high as I did. I hope you'll support me once more, and I'll post a link to the entry once I have one, or you can simply search "Endrance" in the keyword block.

Voting has now started.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/gaiaarena/?postid=4115

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:53 pm
Wow, that looks....really good. I mean, I don't think I've seen such a good .hack arena entry in a long, long time. That's a ten, no question.  

Jack2634

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:27 pm
Slate, your avi is amazing. I'll 10 you when your entry is up. cool  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:45 pm
User Image Ew, worst Endrance evar. talk2hand

Jay kay. I'm totally 10-ing you, bbycks.

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

Sanus Ex Machina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:26 pm
Wow! That looks great!
10'd once voting starts. :D

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:27 pm
Go for the gold, Slate! heart  

fk12

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:03 am
Voting has now started everyone.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:36 am
User Image

Thanks for the 14g. In return I gave you a 9.999999 rounded up.

Kamen Ride

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:01 pm
I voted on it and commented! but I'm biased and even though you got the shorts/skirt down, I dun like that Hair style for Endrance....plus my boyfriend is Endranse (teh user with the S in the name) sweatdrop sorry  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:17 pm
User Image

That's quite alright. However, I must point out that I positively loathe Endranse's choice of hairstyle as well. It's too light and not long enough to provide a satisfactory response. I also have a problem with his eye choice, considering it takes that seriousness out of his face and makes it unneccessarily feminine. Plus, the Genie Top is a bit too ornate considering Endrance's top mainly has more vertical lines than horizontal.

Sorry, I love critiquing cosplays and could even point out several flaws in my own.

The Azure Anomaly

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:52 pm
Yeah, but I take the bangs over the length any day (bangs are sexxy old sephiroth vs new ver confirms that for me) plus, he made his avi before the new eyes came out. It took him forever to decide if he wanted to use a plumeria headpiece or pointsettia for the flower (in the end he used both lol), so you know how long it's going to take for him to decide if he want's to change his eyes? XD forEVA is what! lol Butbut in all the pics I've seen of En-sama (both in this case lol) it looks like he has mam-boobs because he slouches and his top is fitted around his chest like a bra and the vertical lines are lower.....but I shouldn't say anything, considering I shouldn't be wearing goggles, holding a flower or a book and my neckerchief stand out lika sore thumb lol blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:56 pm
I 10'd ya, Slate. cool  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

The Azure Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:56 pm
User Image
I actually made a tektek version of Silabus once that I thought better portrayed his jacket, but I believe some impossible layering was used. I'll try to make it again later, maybe, but I must admit I did like your version better with the yellow cat's tail, though it WAS yellow. I seemed a bit more accurate and was actually a very clever idea. I can't see the cat tail you are wearing as anything but a tail, but the yellow tail was semi-believable.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:12 pm
I changed it because first the color annoyed me and second I personally like the more natural pony-tail feeling to this one (like in my and most other fanart). Though the old cat-tail is more accurate to the official art from the game. But that's Gaia for you. The artists are fickle mistrisses. what may match colorwise, doesn't go art wise and what goes art wise is usually the completely wrong color mrgreen none the less, I must say that Endrance is one of the most expensive .hack cosplays to do (if you go all out with a kiki or fox mink lol)  

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:49 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Here: It's what I came up with, but I'm not sure if it's possible.
I believe so...but anyway. I may actually make a Silabus and rival you and Endranse.
[BTW: In the picture the manties can't be seen, but layer over most pants.]

User Image
Total Value: 87,441 Gold
[Item Information]

Item List:
Green Yellow Flame Spiral Chest Tattoo
Flame Sword
Cat Tail
Elf Style Pants
Red Leather Strapped Manties
Red Goth Boots
Felicia's Gloves