Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Am I the only one? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:50 pm
I go to and from work during D.C.'s commuter hour. Which is when the buses and subways are full of businessmen/women coming form their jobs as well. Every time I get on the bus to go home, everyone avoids sitting next to me. They would rather stand than sit with the "weird" girl. I mean I'm hygienic (so it's not like I reek) and don't give them glares( I sve those for kids at my work). It's just annoying a slightly offensive. Now my question is to you: do things of this nature happen to you?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:53 pm
Yah, it's annoying but I stopped being offended a long time ago. I just brush off their rudeness....  

Henneth Annun
Captain

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:55 pm

I get those kinds of looks, stares, and avoidances all the time at school. But I tend to ignore them, give them a smile to throw them off, or just laugh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:14 pm
That's never really happened to me, but I'm lucky to live in a country that's pretty understanding of goths.  

Veruniel
Crew

Gaylord Mule 3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:26 pm
aftert a shooting took place in montreal last year i got alot but not many recently i think people here allow being tired to overcome the fear of sitting next to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:19 am
It doesn't happen to me; actually strangers probably have the impression I am a kind girl razz and I don't wear anything scary; usually it's just some normal black or dark clothes, or sometimes the elegant/romantic side of goth (it's the part of gothic clothing I love the best, but I have few such items).  

Ametrin

RonanTokeine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:45 am
Trust me ur not the only one. I too live and work in the DC area and I take the bus and subway to work. All I have to say is that there are some people that feel like Im am going to kill them if they sit next to me or even stand next to me. So you are not the only one.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:46 pm
I don't ride busses here (ya might get jacked sad ) but I get it liek when I take muh bro to teh dr. office. Or when I have to go for something. The kids might not be afraid of me but tehy stare and the rents usually refuse to sit next to me..gosh I'm not gonna kill 'em..and I deff. don't smeel I take showers unlike everyone likes to think about goths. but yeah I'm getting over it and I just smiles.  

Nikki the Juggalette

Gaylord Mule 3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:20 pm
there is a positive side to this you know? (wow the profesional pesimist being positive*shudder) but you always get a seat.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:38 pm
RonanTokeine
Trust me ur not the only one. I too live and work in the DC area and I take the bus and subway to work. All I have to say is that there are some people that feel like Im am going to kill them if they sit next to me or even stand next to me. So you are not the only one.
Oh wow another D.C. goth. Cool. Yeah the business types make me want to snap there necks. Glad to know my hate for them is understood.

I'm not always guaranteed a seat though, sometimes I'm running late and I have to stand with people glaring. I don't mind dirty looks, but I hate it when people give me a pretentious attitude with the looks. I understand I'm different but there's no reason to act better than me.

Laharl Part Deux

RonanTokeine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:36 pm
Laharl Part Deux
RonanTokeine
Oh wow another D.C. goth. Cool. Yeah the business types make me want to snap there necks. Glad to know my hate for them is understood.

I'm not always guaranteed a seat though, sometimes I'm running late and I have to stand with people glaring. I don't mind dirty looks, but I hate it when people give me a pretentious attitude with the looks. I understand I'm different but there's no reason to act better than me.
Yea I know how you feel but I just give them the death glare and just go with their speculations. It can be quite entertaining at times.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:36 am
RonanTokeine
Laharl Part Deux
RonanTokeine

Yea I know how you feel but I just give them the death glare and just go with their speculations. It can be quite entertaining at times.

a set of fangs and a deep growl also aid in the process. or saying get up int hat growl could be efective. in attaining said seat.  

Gaylord Mule 3

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:53 am
I joke around that I never have to save a seat because no one ever wants to sit next to me.

It doesn't happen too much outside of school, i think mostly it's how i dress.
i don't think i look threatening (as in i don't wear spikes, full facial makeup, chains), but some people might think i look a little weird (my hair, and my jewelry).

It happened once in the doctors office. I was waiting for my dad, so i was really bored. This woman sat across from me and was giving me the nasiest looks. It was really uncomfortable.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:56 am
Lazarus The Resurected
RonanTokeine
Laharl Part Deux
RonanTokeine

a set of fangs and a deep growl also aid in the process. or saying get up int hat growl could be efective. in attaining said seat.
I quite agree with that however im trying not to get into too much trouble..... Jk it sounds like something I should do.  

RonanTokeine

MEOWITSTERRA

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:35 am
I dress really out there, but I don't have problems like that. I guess I have an inviting smile lol  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff