Tattoos!
  Piercings!
  Both!
  Neither!
View Results

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:33 pm
Well, no I'm not. Not really. But I do feel like I'm far from the norm sometimes.

Because I'm a goth with no tattoos or piercings. No, not even my ears. It's not that I object to them on principle, and I've seen them look really good on other people. It's just that I have a fear of doing anything permanent to my body. The only body modification I've ever engaged in is dying my hair, and even that was with temporary dye.

Anyone else feel the same?
Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
Why or why not?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:14 pm
I apply the logic, tattoo's and piercings, look great when your 20, look good when your 30, look passable in your early 40's look rediculous after that.  

Rellik San
Crew

Oreo the Sphinx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:41 pm

I like piercings and tattoos. I've got three piercings on each ear (and no tattoos), and I'd like some more and tattoos when i grow older [I'm 15 and a half right now], but I don't think I'm going to do anything too major (like a eyebrow or lip piercing), because I agree with Rellik San. After your early 40s, piercings and tattoos look pretty ridiculous. I know you can always let the piercings close, but I don't want to get one in the first place if I'm not going to keep it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:23 am
Hey, no worries, it's the same for me. No piercings, not even earrings, and no tatoos.

It's not obligatory for goths to have them if you don't feel like it razz

I just never really liked them enough to want them myself. On other people I sometimes like them when it's not over the top, but I myself don't feel like having such a permanent modification.

I don't even dye my hair; I just like my hair too much. It's thick and healthy and of a pretty light brown/copperish colour, so why damage it with dying.  

Ametrin

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:22 am
I only have the one set of holes in my ears that I've pretty much had since I was 6 or so. After that, no holes for me. I've worn an ear cuff before on the cartilage to look neat without the painful hole part, and for a while I used to wear temp. tattoos like they were going out of style. I thought it was great because I could enjoy them for a little while without the commitment factor.

I'm in the same boat though, I don't really want to do anything permanent to my body, so I just don't have any major modifications done.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:48 am
Three tats , a cross on my right shoulder an ankh on the left and 'Nessie' across my rleft wrist . I got the cross back in my cristian goth days because i was sick of people telling me i was a devil worshiper or evil or whatever so i'd haul up the sleve and ask "which way does this point?" i got the ankh to counterballance that and the wrist is personal. I also have Six holes. both ears (12 gage) my lip (14) my tongue (14) and both nipples (10) i've also had my belly button and three more in the ears but i lost them to moshpits and infection. to answer Rellik i don't know by the time i hit fifty i'll probably be wearing long sleeves more often so my tats won't be getting shown off as much. and i can always take piercings out.  

Gaylord Mule 3

Lucifer of Love

Desirable Sex Symbol

10,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:25 am
Even though piercings and tattoos fasinates me at times when I write, I don't use any myself. In the future, that might change but it's doubtful that I will get the money, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:26 pm
i plan on becoming a tattoo/body artist, but that's not why i want to be covered in tattoos & piercings when i graduate (parental units will flip).
i only have 2 holes in my lobes, but that will change in about 14 months. i've always had a fetish with body art, not because of it being popular or whatever, but as an artist, i believe that my body is a canvas that cannot be left blank. its something really personal that i doubt i can explain to anyone who doesn't know me.
but even when i'm old and that butterfly on my back looks like a pterodactyl, it's gonna make me look back fondly on the good ol' days when i was young and my boobs were perky. ah, youth.

Ayame_Rikimayu

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:39 pm
Well I have my ears peirced plenty of times (left ear 5 right ear 4) but no tattoos yet. I'm getting one in a couple months. Technically the pericings are not permanent becuase if you take them out after a while they grow back (trust me been there done that) I see no problem with tattoos in my future because most of the old people around here look like their young or they wear long sleeves..so yeah.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:49 pm
Rellik San
I apply the logic, tattoo's and piercings, look great when your 20, look good when your 30, look passable in your early 40's look rediculous after that.
My logic is a wee bit different. I am of the school of thought, that when I'm 60 the last thing I'm going to be caring about is my wrinkled tats. My butt will be all shriveled anyway so why should I care if the black smudge on it was once a bat.  

Laharl Part Deux

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:01 am
I don't have any peircings or tatoos either.
Mostly because I'm really afraid of needles (peircings). When I was 12 i got my ears peirced, annd it was horrible, it made me sick when i had to change them out.
I don't know if I'll get them when I'm older, but for now - no thinks.

I also don't really want to follow this "oh, to be cool you need a lot of pointless tatoos and a lipring and dyed weird colored hair" trend.
People tend to think that if you're going against society (or whatever) you need to have weird hair and peircings.
which is way far from the truth.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:00 pm
Veruniel
Well, no I'm not. Not really. But I do feel like I'm far from the norm sometimes.

Because I'm a goth with no tattoos or piercings. No, not even my ears. It's not that I object to them on principle, and I've seen them look really good on other people. It's just that I have a fear of doing anything permanent to my body. The only body modification I've ever engaged in is dying my hair, and even that was with temporary dye.

Anyone else feel the same?
Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
Why or why not?
Im plainning to get some tats but as for piercings? no unless I can find like a long sharp claw one the gladly.  

Hunter of the Dammed

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:55 pm
Likewise, I'm a goth with no piercings or tattoos, and I've never died my hair.

For me, it's a combination of a number of different things which keeps me from doing it. Fear it won't look good when done, cost, fear it won't look good down the road, etc.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:19 pm
Honestly I know i'm a goth and I do have some piercings. However I do not have any outragious piercings. Its just my ears. But still I dont really do anything to my hair nor mess up my image at work. Mostly because I can't afford to lose my job. But if I get the chance on some occasions I will dye my hair and maybe get a tattoo or two.  

RonanTokeine

Ametrin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:22 am
I want to add yet that specially if you feel a part of the Romantic/Victorian goth category and the like, I find it entirely perfect to be without piercings and tatoos biggrin What is so nice about goth is that there are so many branches that everyone can choose what is closest to their likings ^_^  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff