Ask the ATer Archives! :D Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ask The ATer

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:25 am
Alhandra Patchoulii:

Q: How big is your inventory? (item count)
A: 705 in the main screen, 76 in storage. I just went on a donating spree.

Q: Are you a pack-rat or do you tend to move things out you don't need in order to buy new items?
A: I'm a packrat. Definitely. Occasionally I'll want to do a little spring cleaning and sell a few things, but for the most part it's all still in there.

Q: Do you ever use tektek to help you decide your next avatar?
A: I d**k around on tektek from time to time, but I have only taken one avatar from tektek to reality. They seem fun at the time, but playing in my inventory always wins me over.

Q: Where do your ideas for your avatars start? From a certain item? A color scheme? An idea for a theme?
A: Most of my avatars start by thinking, "Hm. It feels like new avatar time." It's never a set time limit, like some people change once a day or once a week. I click around and decide on an item, then think of what I need to add to balance that color. Then I add a second color, third, fourth, etc, trying to make sure I distribute color evenly. If I get to a point I only have a couple slots left looking empty, I go to black, the old standby.

Q: How do you feel about ********: I do my fair share of ********, honestly. I think if it's done right, then it can be fantastic. If it's just thrown on to show off how many items you have, it's not so fantastic. The exceptions are, of course, Audhumla and BluesDriveMonster back in the day. I like to think they invented the ********, what with the way they raped avatar system 1.0.

Q: What brought you to the AT?
A: I actually have no idea how I got to the AT. Lol. It's been four and a half years. candycrack and I joined on the same day, and she pointed out AT didn't even exist when we joined. XD I remember wandering the CB, ED, and poking into the books forum, and one day found myself lurking and preparing my yellow-with-miner-helmet av to break out in.

Q: Style vs. Matching? What do you prefer, and why?
A: I generally go with matching first, but if I feel an item destroys the flow or feeling of an avatar I'll leave it off. I do have my days when I feel rebellious, though.

Q: Do you have certain items that you use all the time?
A: I realized two days ago, actually, that I don't! I most always have either pimpin platforms or hide/wind platforms, leg warmers, and gills, but it depends on how top-heavy the avatars are. I prefer bigger feet than heads, which is limited with Gaia's shoe selection. x3

Q: What do you think defines your style?
A: My style has been the same throughout my entire AT run. I go for more minimalist avatars with bold colors. It's not often you find me without a primary color or two. Lately I have been branching out into LOTS of accessorizing, though, probably in an attempt to feel not-so-old.

Q: Is there any item you feel must be in ALL your avatars? Like some kind of signature? And do you change that item over time or is the same since you joined?
A: Like I told Tsivy, it's mostly just the two kinds of chunky shoes, leg warmers, and gills lately. When I first started, though, I always had to have my emo glasses. ^___^ And I had style 1 grey eyes, always, and found myself coming back to the speed hair style over and over again... this was before the salon, mind you. :]

Q: Who do you think has influenced your style the most in the AT?
A:
I would have to say Joey. While cc was my adopter and has taught me countless things, I don't have the natural flair for fashion she does. Many of us don't! lol. I have felt Joey and I have similar tastes in the way we put things together.

Q: On average, how much gold do you say you'd spend in a week?
A: Oh, jeez. It REALLY depends. Some weeks I'll spend 500k, others I'll spend less than 1k. Sometimes I just get the hankerin' for some new stuff and some new hair.

Q: Do you seem to always use certain colors in your avatars, for example, I can't seem to make an avatar without putting some black accents in there. >.<
A: I will almost always have blue or red as a base color. I can't help it, they call to me! And if I'm putting in accents, I try to find ways to use both black and white, or another color all together, like green!

Q: Do you always like to pile on items and layer a lot, or do you prefer simple un-clutteres avis?
A: I start with a few base items of one color, then add another, and depending on how the layers come out, I'll have either a ******** av, or a very simple one. I like to think of the one I have now as the simple end of the spectrum.

Q: So why did you decide you wanted to do this? Did you have inspiration?
A: I vice-captain the OATG, so it sucks really bad when it gets dead like it is. I thought I would make a thread to liven it up and wanted to make a "Get-to-know-me" thread like we had when it started. I took it a step further to, "get to know EVERYBODY", and brought it to the actual forum!

Q: So how often do you make a new avi?
A: Whenever the mood strikes me. I know that's a cop out answer, but it's true. Sometimes I'll go a week without changing, sometimes I'll change it, go back to the inventory screen, and change again!
Q: On average, how many items do you use on an avi?
A: Well, the one I have now is 18, and that's pretty low. I'd say anywhere between 20 and 30, depending on visibility of jewelry, socks, etc.

Q: what tactic do you use to get yourself out of an avatar block?
A: I don't get avatar block easily, maybe because I'm always rushing around IRL and pull inspiration from everywhere, or maybe it's because I'll poke around until I find layering I like and make it work, somehow. If I do find myself in that predicament, though, I'll leave my inventory, delete my character, and start over with a basic hairstyle, different eye color, and switch skin tones- either palest or tanned... generally none of the other ones. If that doesn't help, then I take a break and listen to some music... like Journey,,, Don't Stop Believin'. rofl.

Q: Do you find you like using the same color combo, but use different items and make a different look?
A: Constantly. I love to use reds and blues, golds and greens. White, black, or both are in a majority of my avatars, too. Purple just keeps popping up even though I don't start with it in mind. lol. Lately I've been diggin' teals and this reddish color, too.

Q: Favourite item you don't own?
A: I do love the katana, so. The back pose, classic Halo 3. rofl

Q: Favourite item that you DO own, but never use?
A: Spring Green Kimono. gonk

Q: And what do you think of the old AT thang "Style>matching"? Can an avatar have both and still carry them successfully?
A: Well, I come from a time when Gaia's item selection was limited to Barton Boutique and Gambino Outfitters... roughly a third of what they are now. We valued style, and perfect matching was almost unheard of because the items to do so didn't exist! lol. I matched the Miner's helmet to the mid-day yellow wrap and it was fantastic. So yeah, I KNOW it's possible to have both.

Q: If you were to recieve an angelic halo out of sheer chance, would you keep it as a status item, or sell it and go on a crazy shopping spree?
A: I'd totally keep it. You know even if I showed up naked with only the halo I'd still get "101010101010111012!!@#!! UR soo0OOo00oO HOtt! DONAtIIiiIIOnzplZ!" And even if I wanted to sell it, I'd wait for even more inflation. lol. No, I'd probably donate it to someone who had been working at a halo quest for a long time. it's just pixels. I mean, I've given away demon horns before. status items don't do it for me. ^__^  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:29 am

User ImageUser ImageUser Image User Image
Jibo Phoenix

since early 2004

"My name is Jibo Phoenix aka Phoenix Eve. I've been an ATer from early 2004, but took a huge break during 2006-2007. I came back around near the end of the last year and it's been a bit of a time warp for me. I started out being religiously devoted to the buck teeth and now I can't think of a single item that really symbolizes me."

Sample Question: How do you decide what items go into your inventory?
Answer: Well, I do it either of two ways. 1) When I design an avatar, sometimes I feel there is something missing, then, I buy it. Simple! 2) When the admin add new store items, I ask myself, "Can I use that?" and if I feel I have enough coordinating items or colors in my inventory already, I'll get it. If not, I wait for type 1. xD

Questions asked:

Sandi E.
Yay! ^.^ Ok.. I have a question.

What is your all time favorite avatar you created? Least favorite?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's hard to say since an avatar I loved one week, I am so over it the next week. I think my favorite avatar will most likely always be my current avatar because I am always moving forward. As far as least favorite, I think my first AFK avatar back in the day, it was mostly for underwear with bright orange feather hair.

the best vignette

jibo;; what is your favourite layering combo?

redface

I love layering sock with the blade or snowy leggings, I am not a big fan of naked female avatar legs.

UnderworldTorrent
[
Jibooooo

Who have you looked up to the most in AT (if anyone at all|)
]

I would say that as just a good person and an excellent rater, Candycrack. She is very down to earth even though she is kind of a "celebrity" ATer because she helped make this forum what it is. I have seen alot of people let power and popularity go to their heads in the AT, it's nice to talk with someone who could care less about the fake stuff. Plus she has awesome style, best dressed female in the AT in my opinion.

Lady Denna
Jibo-bo <33
Where do you get your inserpation from?
Like items,real life events,art or something ells? <33

For awhile I would just pick an item I was really interested in and start building the avatar around that item. But lately I have liked to make characters, an avatar that kind of has their own personality and back story, I think it's all of Vomit King's story avatar contest that brought that side out of me.

Heisei
For those who don't know, what was your last username, and how did you come up with it and your current one? 3nodding

I use to have the username Phoenix Eve. I came up with the name after a difficult period in my life, I wanted a name the represented new beginnings to always give me the courage to move forward. In spring 2007, I had my daughter, I decided to give her the name Phoenix Eve to give her that same courage. "Jibo" is an affectionate way of saying mommy in Japanese, so my new name is kind of a playful way of saying Phoenix's Mommy.

Vivid Fizz
Jibo, I see that your avatars have gone from matching to more themed and stylish avatars, what has provoked this change in style or is it something you feel like you have grown in to?

I started entering more character and themed contest by BarbieSlave, Vomit King, and Aiko Afriel. It seemed so interesting to build an avatar that way, so I just kind of been going with it the last few months.

[ - That Asian Girl - ]
          This is sorta like Fizz's~
          It's said that everybody has their own style, what would you describe yours as?

I think I am having a hard time pinpointing myself lately on the style and trademark, I just feel like experimenting with something different each time (which is very expensive). I would say that my avatars have always are always a bit feminine and alot of the time I have a sense of humor about them.

UnderworldTorrent
[
Oh since I really liked this question last time...

Who's style, if you had the ability too, would you "steal" or "take over"? xD
]

Oh, BarbieSlave all the way. I see her as a real trend-setter and I think she is always the first one out there with a certain look. I have tried many a time to draw ideas from her, but I can never do "sexy" well sweatdrop

Teh DCB

@Jibo; If you had to choose to only keep one item forever, which item would it be and why?

Well the odd thing is, the only piece of clothing that I have had the entire time I have been a member of the AT is a red thong....so that tells you something about me.

But if I had to choose, I think it would be my biancamella, that item just makes me happy even if I don't always rock it.

Dashing_Rain
I commented on the first thread. I feel so special. 4laugh

Question: Are you biased at anything? O:

Ummm, I would say there is not a single item if used well that I would hold against anyone's rate. I do think items like the 4 Horsemen and Celebrity Date are awful items, but I seen them worked well. I can say that I am getting sick of seeing skull hair klips tossed on any avatar just to get white and black balanced on the head.

Io[dream.eater]
[なんくるないさ]

@Jibo:
      Well, I have a question:

• What do you take into account when rating an avi?

I take into account what I think the person was going for and basically if it looks good in my opinion. I don't like to be biased against clutter, matching, or theme. I have to say I am harder on certain elements then others, like if someone did a matching outfit, I expect it's shades to work together. If someone is going for theme, I want to be able to see that theme without being told it. If you are clutter, is the avatar interesting or creative, or did you just pile on a bunch of matching items. If you're going for style, do you really get a sense of what that style is that you're try to convey. After I sort through all of it, I sit back and think "Does it look good?" Alot of the time people can match and balance, put sometimes it just isn't a great looking avatar.

Aiko Afriel
Here's a question that isn't AT related: Do you have any pets? If so, how many, what are they, and what are their names?

Here's one that is AT related: What color would you say you use most often in your outfits (other than black)?
User Image

#1- I had a dog named Nigel until about a year ago, he got way too protective of the baby and started attacking visitors. So I had to give him up for adoption to a home where he wouldn't be around children. So at the moment my only pet is my husband.

#2- I like gold and yellow, it's my favorite color for eye color on Gaia. I know gold tends to get used alot as an accent color, but sometimes I just like to showcase it.

Tsivy
Since I have recently been seeing many people leave/talk about leaving because they are too old, how does gaia fit in to your normal life, considering you are older then some of us here?
<3
Umm, I am a housewife/stay-at-home mom to a toddler, I have times where I am very busy and times where I am just kind of sitting around waiting for the next stage of the day. So Gaia is kind of a nice little break for me to talk to people that can actually talk. I left Gaia for around 2 years on and off since I was training to become a manager at my work and was in college, so I can understand that certain people leaving basically because there are periods in your life that you're just too exhausted to put energy into a forum community.

But I don't ever think you can be too old for Gaia seriously, most of my close friends on here are actually older then me. You're only as old as you feel.

fluff monster
    questions exclaim

what advice do you have for new ATers?

what change would you like to see in this forum?

dinner & a movie or romantic walk on the beach?

xd

-To be open to taking advice and not feel like they have to argue their point or style to be respected. Some of the best ATers I have seen grow from newbie to greatness have been humble and open to advice. I looked like s**t when I first walked in here (there was fox gear involved), but I think I got my style when I started listening to the advice of people I respected.

-I would like (and am working on) an alliance against scamming in our forum, it cheapens our forum that new people assume the AT is filled with contests where no prize is ever handed out.

-Ummm, sushi and smash brothers brawls gets me in the mood heart

sMiRnOfF_kId
i got a question!!

who did you miss most from the ATers that are gone or just barelly with us??

Honestly I miss my AT husband from the first family tree, irb! If any one never had the joy of meeting irb!, he had like the best sick sense of humor in the AT. His avatars were kind of before their time too, he was uber styled. He hasn't been on the site I think in 2 years.

Imperial Shockies
I have a question.

You have amazing avatar skills, but your mule sucks. XD Why!? rofl

Well my mule, Kin Ringo, is like a husband, I am too greedy to give him my stuff and I don't make enough money to buy him his own stuff. xd

But actually it's more like I was trying to get into making male avatars so I could be more helpful when giving suggestions to guys when rating, but my style was just too girly and I just couldn't find anything I was happy with for him. I should have a tektek thread for the poor b*****d.

Aiko Afriel
If you could make an outfit with any one super-expensive item, with the stipulation that you could never change your avatar ever again, what item would you choose and why?
User Image

Easy, angelic minis. I have made so many wonderful tekteks with them, but they are like a dream too far, I would need to pull an Anna Nicole Smith to get a pair. gonk

Spooky_Pookie
Heya Jibo,
How did you stumble upon Gaia in the first place?

Well I love online communities, I had been a part of alot of different sites but never longer then a few months because there was alot of places where the gap between new and old members was just too big, right when I was jumping ship after my second try at Neopets, I saw in the forums their someone complaining about how Gaiaonline was ripping off Neopets, so I decided just to check it out and see what all the fuss was about. That was in January '04, so the site was pretty new, so I felt welcomed. I went into the AT about a month after I joined, following DKD.

Aiko Afriel
If, by some freak accident, the entirety of the AT forum was somehow deleted, and the admins decided not to reinstate it, what would you do (after the initial heart attack) and where would you hang out on Gaia if you decided to stay despite the lack of the AT?
User Image
Guilds? sweatdrop

Seriously, there are few forums I fit into (I've tried). If someone could tell me a forum that had as many interesting and intelligent people as the AT, it would be there I guess.

sMiRnOfF_kId

and another question, i don't think only the opposite was asked!!

is there an item you wont use??
Umm, I can't say for sure since I thought I would never wear any pimp gear and here I am. But I think I would never use any of the items that ad another person (like orphans, celebrity date) or are HUGE (like 4 horsemen and wild thingz)

Toodle Doo
jibo~

i'm sure we all save our past avatars. approximately, how many do you have?
Well I am actually horrible when it comes to remembering to save things to my photobucket account, so I lost all my avatars when my main computer I use to have was damaged during moving sweatdrop

I have a few left on my parent's computer when I was bumming their internet till I got a new one, but on my current photobucket, I only have about 11 random ones.

the best vignette
jibo, i know there was a period where the AT was going to the dogs so to speak
how do you think, as a whole, the AT is doing now, since the inception of more community-building threads such as this one?
Well, I think if the community thread stayed in the actual AT community, maybe that would be nice 4laugh

I think as a whole it's doing better then it was the last couple months, I think there are alot more ATers who stopped complaining and are really putting forth an effort to reclaim a community discussion based forum instead of a sea of random tektek threads. I also notice that there is a group of tektek ATers that is taking the time to bridge the gap between raters and tektekers. So everything is on an upswing I think. I just wish the mods spent more time in the forum to really get a feel about what the people want and what the really problems are. I only see BarbieSlave and sometimes Bilious these days.

Aiko Afriel
I've got another question: What color do you think you use the least?
User Image
Orange, I always experiment with it, but I am not really happy with the selection of orange items on Gaia.

King Lunchbox
Would you ever change the sex of your avatar to see how you would do as a male?

I have a very poor and ugly male mule plus a very poor and ugly male account for my husband sweatdrop

I don't do to well with male style, I make them too girly, but not in that good man-whore way.

Aiko Afriel
Finally thought of another question: If you had to start all over on Gaia but were allowed to keep one item from your current inventory what item would you choose?
User Image
Umm, I am greedy and would choose of one of the ones worth a few million, so I could sell it to get alot of cheaper store items....I really hated having a small inventory.  

Ask The ATer

Ask The ATer

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:25 pm

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
King Lunchbox

since mid-2004

"There's not much too me. I'm Pretty laid back guy with few words to say. I have been in the AT since around mid-year 04. I like to consider myself a nice guy, who always tries to help those who need it, but that being said I can be a big d**k too, if you get on my bad side or when I'm just playing around. I look forward to answering everyone's questions. <3"

Answer: Well, I do it either of two ways. 1) When I design an avatar, sometimes I feel there is something missing, then, I buy it. Simple! 2) When the admin add new store items, I ask myself, "Can I use that?" and if I feel I have enough coordinating items or colors in my inventory already, I'll get it. If not, I wait for type 1. xD

Questions asked:

Ask The ATer

So, Lunchie, what brought you to the AT? <3
Well, before I came to the AT I was a small time exchanger. I used to go into the AT from time to time to get rated, but never really felt like I fit into the puzzle that was the AT, infact, I didn't think you guys really liked me or my avatars. So because of that I stayed in the exchange for the most part. One day I was in the exchange selling some stuff, and Patrician came into my thread talking about how much she liked my avatar and how I should hang out in the AT. I was a little iffy on the idea, but after getting to know Patty for about a week, I thought I'd go into the AT with her, and I've been there ever since. :3

slutfayse
questions!

1. i've heard the saying "everything is recycled in the AT".
do you agree with that statement? & what 'saying' or title would you give to the AT?

2. if you could sum up your style in one word, what would it be?
1. I'd have to agree with that statement, someone one comes up with a certain item combination and many of us are like, "OMG awesome! I gotta give that a try and see what I can do with it."

Lol, I don't know what I would say, I guess with the current situation of tekteks I'd say it'd go something like this, "The AT, like Hell but with TekTeks." xD

2. Um, never thought about that one either, I guess "ever-changing." Meaning, I never stick with just one style, I always try to try something different.

Toodle Doo
lunchie~

alrite. imo, accessories > everything else, on an avatar.

what do you think is your most important "thing" to have on your avatars? (ex; hair style, heavy shoes, a weapon, etc.)
Honestly I think everything you put on an avatar is important. It's just how you put it all together. I can see where you say accessories are very important, because they help to make an avatar more complex and interesting looking, plus they can be fun to play around with.

But yeah, I'd have to say everything is important. [/broken record] xP

Teh DCB
@Lunch; Would you rather have a big inventory full of items you don't really like and items you hate or an inventory with one item that only has one pose (you can never sell it) that you really like?
Does that mean, I can't have items I like over time? D:

I guess I'd take the big inventory, because I'd always look the same with just one item, and I don't like doing that. If I had just an one item inventory I'd probably never come on, and you guys wouldn't want that, would you? xD

the best vignette
lunch: i know this isn't the most ATerish question... but where did you come up with the name King Lunchbox?
ilikey. ;B
Well, when I came on Gaia way back in April 2004 I was going to use a nickname I had, which was Lunchbox, as my screenname, but that was taken. So I started to add prefixes to see if I could come up with anything I liked. I ended up being Sir Lunchbox. I changed it a couple times but would always come back to Sir Lunchbox. The last time I changed it, I couldn't change it back, so I wish to be Sir Lunchbox, but I'm stuck as King Lunchbox. =P

fluff monster
    questions for lunchables:
    - who has influenced you the most over the years?
    - what is your favorite color combo?
    - what is your least favorite color combo?
    - are there any new faces who seem to have a promising future?

-Patrician and [K!ng]
-Anything with brown in it.
-I personally don't like using pink, so anything with pink in it I guess, though I don't let that cause me to be baised in rates.
-Sometime last week I met a new user who made a couple of tekteks that were very good, if he decides to hang around the AT, I think he does. His name was Feather Lain, something like that. xP
I gave him a donation so he'd have a nice start.

Dashing_Rain
-random question-
Do you have a mule?
Yes, three of them. I lost the password to one of them though. =P

sMiRnOfF_kId
what your feeling when people say your avatar is too cluttered and rate low because of it??
Eh, I just brush it off and don't let it bother me. People have their opinions and that's fine, I'll just choose to disagree with them. xD

UnderworldTorrent
[
Lunchie if you could swap styles with anyone who would you pick?
]
Eh, I'd probably have to say K!ng, as I have never seen him make something that wasn't good. Tastick and Kuru too, as they do more mismatching avatars which I'm not the best at.

Teh DCB
@Lunch;

-What style of avatars do you find most difficult to make?
-What item do you find difficult to work with? (including poses from any DI or EI)
-How have you grown as an ATer/avatar maker since you first joined the AT?

-Non-matching avatars.

-The item in my inventory that I haven't been able to figure out that I haven't made an avatar yet with would probably be the YHBT Hat in the original form.

-I became the very best, like no one ever was? xD
But seriously, I guess I became someone who is always trying to impress myself, other than someone who was always looking to impress others.

UnderworldTorrent
[
You're on a desert island with a bear and a chicken and there's dinosaurs running amok. You have a can opener, a corkscrew and duct tape.
How do you cross the river? domokun
]
I throw the can opener at the dinosaurs to get their attention, jump on them and stab them in an eye with the corkscrew, in a rage they fight each other. I duct tape the chicken and the bear together to make a bridge to get across the river, and then a winner is me. pirate

Jibo Phoenix
Being one of the AT's main male figures, do you get female groupies?
...No, not that I know of. ;-;

SAV3_TH3_QU33N
Hmm... I think I have a question for you.

-How did you get started in the AT? I want to become an active member, but I dont have the needed spaces of free time needed to get Adopted. So I want to integrate myself little by little, how would you suggest I do it?

-My feet are always the hardest to match with the rest of my avatar. How many different layers are there for the feet? Apart from Shoes and socks.

-Do you ever plan out what you want, such as making a Dream Avatar? Or do you just fiddle on in inventory?
COPYPASTEANSWER: "Well, before I came to the AT I was a small time exchanger. I used to go into the AT from time to time to get rated, but never really felt like I fit into the puzzle that was the AT, infact, I didn't think you guys really liked me or my avatars. So because of that I stayed in the exchange for the most part. One day I was in the exchange selling some stuff, and Patrician came into my thread talking about how much she liked my avatar and how I should hang out in the AT. I was a little iffy on the idea, but after getting to know Patty for about a week, I thought I'd go into the AT with her, and I've been there ever since. :3"

And if you want to be a part of what's left of the community, I'd say lurk and observe people. get ideas from what they are doing, and try to add it to your personal tastes. Once you've felt like you're ready to impress your peers ask for rates. Posting and just getting to know everyone helps too. =P

Besides shoes and socks, you could throw any type of anklets into the mix, leg warmers, items you hold that angle down to your feet area, items that sit next to your avatar, and leggins.

I just fiddle around in my inventory. :3

sMiRnOfF_kId
i got a 2 in 1 question

which GAIA item would you like to have on real life,

A katana. D:<
sMiRnOfF_kId
and which real life item would you want for your avatar??

My dog.

ProtectoroftheSmall
User Image
Oh my, I've been looking for this like crazy!

Okay which is more important,
Shades or layering/complexity?

User Image
For me, layering. I feel that complex layering makes an avatar more appealing other than total shade matching.

UnderworldTorrent
Boxers or Briefs domokun
Boxers & boxer briefs, bby. heart

fluff monster
    favorite drink?
    favorite color combo?

Milk and Orange Juice.
Earthy tones, so green, brown, etc.

Spooky_Pookie
If lunchbox is still ancwering.. Where do you pull your inspiration for your avatars?

Two or three things I guess. =P
One, if I see someone use something in an awesome manner, I'll give it a go too.
Two, Cool new items/monthly collectables.
I guess a third one could be how I'm feeling at the moment.  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:06 pm

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Aiko Afriel

I started my time on Gaia mostly hanging around the minishops forum but I discovered the AT not too long after joining the site and it wasn't long before I migrated here permanently. Can you believe the AT was still a subforum of the GD back then? A lot of things have changed since then, including my avatar style and I'd like to think that at least has changed for the better. Another thing that has changed is my user name; I used to be known as Angel Aiko but after considering it for a few months and conducting extensive research I went ahead with the change late last year. I'd tell you more but that's what these questions are supposed to be about, so go ahead and start asking lol
User Image

Questions asked:

Ask The ATer

Aiko, Why the name change? I've always wondered. <3

Well, I lurk in the GCD quite a bit (sometimes I even post! le gasp!) and one topic I noticed constantly popping up was along the lines of "what do you consider a newbish/n00bish name?" and one of the things that always came up in those threads was names with "angel" in them. The more I thought about it the more I realized that I had really outgrown the angel part of my name. I searched name databases up and down and couldn't find anything that fit right. Then I thought, why not stick with the angel theme and look for names of angels? So I did and actually found a few options that I liked. After consulting with a few people and much thought I chose Afriel, the name of the angel that protects and looks after small creatures and young children. I thought it was rather apropriate considering I'm a new mommy smile
User Image

Jibo Phoenix
Aiko- Being here through many years of Gaia and AT, do you really think that it's all gone down drain or we just traded one problem for a different one question

Gone down the drain? Of course not! There are still plenty of helpful, welcoming people, not just in the AT but in all the forums. People who are willing to do thier best to keep this site a safe and welcoming hangout for everyone. Sure there's jerks and a-holes but you can find people like that everywhere, in RL and online. The key to getting rid of them is to report them when they break the rules and do not sink to their level.
User Image

fluff monster
    exclaim

what are your staple items?
    what are your favorite color combos?
    is there a color/item that you absolutely love, but for some reason can't work it into an equally great outfit?

My staple items? I hope you're ready for a long list xd Here we go, in no particular order:
elven ears
troll ears
nightmare anklets
horns of the demon
hide platform shoes
legwarmers
glamrock headbands
genie headpieces/earrings/bangles
pimpin' and gentlemen's canes
wench's bustiers and cinchers
maid collar
dark halo
pocketwatch

And some items that used to be staples that I still love but don't use as much anymore:
angelic headband
bao
lex's shorts
really jacked up gloves

Some of my favorite color combos are: black/orange/purple, black/white/angelic blue, white/black/light purple, brown/black/white, and any of the above with gold added.

As for your third question: langer the dragon plush crying I love it but the head pose unequips the elven and troll ears for some reason and I refuse to go without either of those unless my ear area is completely covered.

User Image

Teh DCB
@Aiko;

-If you could steal the style of any ATer, who would it be and why?
-What do you feel are your biggest accomplishments in the AT?
-If you had a chance to start over completely in the AT, would you do anything different? Why or why not?

Steal someone's style huh? You know, I'm not sure. There are so many people with great styles in the AT I don't think I could chose just one. That's part of the greatness of the AT forum I think, that so many people with different, yet equally fantastic, style come together and help eachother and others grow and discover new, and old, ways of combining Gaia's items. But if you held a gun to my head and told me to choose I think I'd say BarbieSlave. She always seems to come up with something new and amazing that no one else has thought of.

My biggest accomlishment in the AT, I feel, is helping the theme/style movement gain acceptance in the forum. Between my own avatar and running a contest where people have to follow a specific theme in creating their entries. Matching is it's own challenge and in no way a bad thing but I've never understood piling on items that have nothing else in common with each other just because they match.

I think I might post more and not be so much of a loner. I'm starting to get to know a lot of the people that started posting in the AT, around or after I did, a lot better and wishing I'd had the courage to get to know them sooner. People like [Vomit King]/HoP, Jibo Phoenix (Eve), and Violaceous Vertigo. I remember seeing then around but never having the courage to do more than give a quick rate or two. So for those of you who don't know me, if you ever see a rate thread of mine feel free to stop in! I'd love to get to know you better!
User Image

Vivid Fizz
Aiko, what item would you like to see Gaia make and why?

Better dragon items, because I love dragons; decent high heels; sarongs that layer over skirts, because that's what I do in RL; but most of all I think I would like an SLR camera complete with poses with macro and zoom and telephoto lenses. I just got a DSLR camera myself and I'd love to show my love of photography with my avatar xd You know what's odd? There isn't a photography forum on Gaia sad
User Image

slutfayse
following up on what fluff said,

*what is your favorite item combo and/or item layering?

Well, my most used item combo is the legwarmers with platform shoes xd But I'd have to say my favorite is how the blue wench's cincher layers over the vest layer instead of as a vest. Now if only the rest of the cinchers would layer like that crying
User Image

kornerpocket
You don't know
peace...

Aiko - Are there any items on Gaia that you just absolutely hate? If so, what are they?
Do you ever get discouraged if you receive a low rate (if you receive low rates at all)?
How long do you keep on an outfit before you change?

...til you've had
suffering.

I hate most shoes. Seriously. For the most part the shoes available for female avatars make you look like you're standing on tiptoe, have stubs for legs, and if a stiff breeze comes along you're going to fall flat on your face. With all the layering options for the top of the avatar the shoes should look as if they could at least keep you upright xp

Oh believe me, I get low rates sometimes! If the person offers suggestions I consider them, usually going through all the reasons they won't work xd I always keep in mind that a rate is a person's opinion and as long as I enjoy the outfit then it really doesn't matter if someone else thinks it's terrible. Part of that could be because I usually get rates of 7/10 or higher so I have more confidence in my abilities and I'm better able to shrug off a low rate. But if I like my outfit you could give me a three and I'll just roll my eyes and proceed to avoid your rating thread pirate

Sometimes I'll have an outfit for just a few minutes before changing, sometimes I'll keep one for three weeks. It depends on how much I like it and how long it takes me to come up with something I like better. The longest I've ever kept an outfit was just over two months and that was because I was having terrible morning sickness when I was pregnant and just trying to read the forums made me nauseous gonk On average though I'd say probably four or five days 3nodding
User Image

Toodle Doo
User Image

hello~ 4laugh

my question for you is:

which male-only item would you like to be made unisex? :3

Well my first answer would have been the dancer cuffs but they already did that one xd Some of the pants are really nice but I think my next choice would be the hand and foot wraps smile
User Image

UnderworldTorrent
[
Aiko have you ever considered having a male avatar?
]

As my main account? I've thought about it a couple times but never very seriously. I do have a male mule, though his inventory is patheticly small ninja
User Image

sMiRnOfF_kId
do you use tektek to make new outfits??

what's your opinion on the hated sets of GAIA (flame, checkers, etc)??

Nope. When I want to make a new outfit I just head on over to my inventory. With 1425 items, many of them with multiple poses, it's a lot easier to just stick with what I've got. If I find that I need something I don't have I'll go search through the stores. I know the layout of all the stores on Gaia better than the tektek item layout. I find tektek much too confusing in it's lack of cohesive organization to really be able to do much with it.

I look at them as I look at any other items. If you can use them well, go for it. If you want to use the whole set, either accessorize the living daylights out of it or stay away from the AT and the Avatar Arena while you're wearing it lol
User Image

Cacophonic Creature

What's one item combo that you see others wearing, but you just can't stand?

Two/three/ten/or more plushies/animals/creatures piled onto the avatar all at once. Like, say, kiki, coco, a pixie, shadow spirit, summoning tome creature, gwee, black bat, and grunny all at once. That sort of thing is really tacky in my opinion.
User Image

SAV3_TH3_QU33N
Do you spend most of your gold on clothing items or on MC's?

What do you do when you find yourself disatisfied with the avatars you've made?

Clothing items definitely. I usually donate for the MC's smile

I change back into something I made before that I really liked. I've done that a couple times in the last few months actually. The first time I changed back to the pink/black outfit I have in the intro post, another time I changed back to the gypsy dragon avatar that's also in the intro post.
User Image

King Lunchbox
What do you do when you aren't on Gaia?

Sleep? Honest, the only time my laptop doesn't have a Gaia window, or three....with four to six tabs, open is when it's turned off. The only times it's turned off are when I'm asleep or plan to be away from the house for more than an hour. If you mean the times I'm not physically sitting at my computer there's lots of things I do. I have an 18 month old boy so I might be playing with him, inside or outside depending on the weather, putting him down for his nap or for the night, giving him his bath or cooking meals. If my husband is home, my son is asleep, it's too early for bed, and I don't have a show on TV that I want to watch I'm likely to be using my desktop comp down in the basement to play Guild Wars or Unreal Tournament 2004. I also love photography and just got a new camera so I'm also likely to be taking photos and between my son, our gardens, and the National Park nearby there are lots of subjects to photograph mrgreen
User Image

UnderworldTorrent
[
What's your favorite emote?
Anyone from AT and/or your friendlist you want to visit IRL?
]

Arrrrrrrr! Ye have to ask? pirate pirate pirate

Most of my friends list is ATers xd But if any of you want to wire me the money for a flight and hotel room I'd be glad to not only add you to my friends list but come visit as well pirate Seriously though, I would love to visit Lady Denna. Holland is on my list of places to go before I die and it would be pretty fun to have a local guide that I already know mrgreen The person I'd be most likely to visit though is either VK, because he lives in the same state, or Jibo Phoenix, because my husband is hoping to take us back out to California and we want to spend a bit more time in the San Fran area than we were able to the last time we were out there.
User Image

Jibo Phoenix
If you had the magical ability to make a Gaia item a RL item and add it to your wardrobe, which one would it be

If I had anywhere to wear it to I'd say the black Christian Siriano dress from Barton Boutique. Being more realistic I'd say either the white heartbreaker jacket or one of the tavern wench's blouses....or the biancamella corset whee heart
User Image

Ask The ATer

Ask The ATer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:27 pm
User ImageUser Image User Image
ProtectoroftheSmall

User Image
I am 17, and live in Washington State. I have been coming to the AT as long as I can remember, since at least '06. My avatars usually consist of somewhere between 3-5 colors and generally match, most of them look rather dorky, but that's just what appeals to me. So yeah.

User Image

Questions asked:

alhandra patchoulii
<333

PotS, What brought you to the AT?
User Image
I got bored with the Chatterbox.
One day I just went exploring,
And when I came here I got a lot of,
"That's not how you do that."
But in a nice way.
It was just a welcoming environment,
I looked like crap.
But I was an okay rater I think,
So I stayed.
Been really attached ever since.

Note:
Okay guys, sorry I'm so slow.
My computer is on the fritz and I'm having to answer these in safe mode.
I'm going to try to fix it tonight,
But I will be answering as many as possible when I can.

User Image

Toodle Doo
User Image

hello PoTS! :]

what is your favourite hairstyle? :3
User Image
Oh gosh,
I love speed.
And the short pig tails, Rave I think?
Both are just too adorable for my little peepers.

User Image

Qwanna
PoTS what is your favourite item combination? =D
User Image
Probably Morganna's Dress,
With Alice's Emerald Dress,
And any of the Magical Uniforms.

User Image

sMiRnOfF_kId
so, when you're making an avi, is it the color combos or the items combos that drive you??
User Image
Generally item combos.
I'll just be playing around and I'll get a
"Wonder if that layers?"
If it does I go from there,
With matching and all that.
Generally turns out okay.
Some are pretty dorky though.

User Image

kornerpocket
You don't know
peace...

PotS - If you could steal anyone's style in the AT, whose would it be?

...til you've had
suffering.
User Image
Bagel,
I can't do monochrome for the life of me.

User Image

UnderworldTorrent
[
PotS, is there anyone from AT that you look up to?
If Jimmy cracks corn, should you care?
Finally, any item you wish Gaia would make already?
]
User Image
Most of the ATers that were already here when I started showing up.
So you, Winter, PP, Kia, Bagel, Menstrual, and lots lots more.
I looked through some old avatars today,
And some of them almost made me cry,
Because even now they just symbolize what I want to become.

User Image

King Lunchbox
So since you're a newer ATer, and I haven't really talked to you that much, can you tell us some things about yourself so for those of us who don't know you can know something?

That was a bit of a bad run-on sentence. xD
User Image
I am 17,
I live in Washington State,
I want to own my own computer repair business,
I am addicted to Gaia,
I fly,
My favorite color is purple,
I am the oldest of three,
I am rather introverted,
I am the best female computer tech in Washington state who competed in SkillsUSA,
I love the city,
I have two dogs, two cats, and three fish,
I still sleep with a teddy bear, ♥
And I can't stand the smell of cooking eggs.

Anything else?

User Image

Spooky_Pookie
Hey there, so did you save any of your first AT avatars...and if so can we see um? ninja
User Image
I don't have any of my first ones thank god.
They generally consisted of like the Ochre Coat, Goth Boots, and who knows what else.
I was such a noob.
><

User Image

the best vignette
PotS
if you could be ruler of the gaiaverse for the day
what would be your first decree?
;B
User Image
All store item releases should be run through the AT before they hit the shelves,
To fill in shade gaps in colors and what not.
And so that red items are actually red,
And black actually black.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:09 pm

shinyspoon42

Questions asked:

ProtectoroftheSmall
Alright Shiny.
What defines an ATer for you?
Who do you look up to in terms of pixels?
And what item could you not live without?

I would say an ATer is any person on gaia who spends or has spent a large sum of time in the AT, and as such has learned to create decent avis.

Well, my inspiration for coming to the AT was silver falco. I would say, my fav ATer is you dear. <3

Item I couldn't live without... would have to be the dancer cuffs/powdered puff sleeves. :3

Korynnn
Shiiiinyyy.
What's your least favorite item?
Ever see it used well?

I remember before I came to AT my least favorite was the buck teeth. Now I own a pair and love them.

My least favorite item...gosh, I guess I'd say any sets anger me, but in particular the worst item would be...those emote smiley masks. Hard to make them work. I have seen one reallly good avi with one though, and I made a decent one with it.

the best vignette
shiny:
what is your biggest gripe [pet peeve] within the AT?

The 10 trillion tektek and enviro threads hanging around clogging up the boards. That, and AT n00bs who come in without bothering to read rules, guidelines, or to lurk.

Toodle Doo
User Image

shiny; matching > shape? or shape > matching? :]
also, matching > style, or style > matching?
ALSO! what's your view on minimalists? (people that use only a few items, because it "looks good like that")

I strive to attain both, but personally I go layering>matching>shape and style is just personal prefrence, whereas matching is something that isn't subjective. so matching>style, though there could be exceptions.

and upon minimalists, I have yet to see many actually pull it off. I would approve if they pulled it off, but not many people can.

UnderworldTorrent
Shiny if you could steal a certain member's style who would it be?
Have any favorite movies?

Daft-bots. and my favorite movie would be...either the outsiders, or zoolander. >:]

Ask The ATer
So, shiny!
Now that you're here...

What would be the item Gaia releases that makes you cry from joy?

you mean if I could make an item, what would it be?

or do you mean what of the updates was my favorite?

or what is my favorite item?

Your poor grammar has given me quite a bit of confusion, so I'll answer all three.

If I could make an item. hmmm, i'd say it would be...a secret. D:<

my favorite item... it would have to be dancer cuffs, powder puff sleeves, or the wolf mask.

of the updates, my favorite would be...this latest cowboy one. (bowler hats! yeah!)

Ask The ATer
Actually, I meant what item would you like to see Gaia make?

Sorry for the confusion.
I don't appreciate being insulted, though. confused

ooh. Then I would say I'd like to see them branch out and do something odd. an update that promoted "green" enviroment friendly stuff'd be cool. I personally think a space update would rock many a sock.

and I'm sorry about that, my family raised me to be very critical of things like that. >.<  

Ask The ATer

Ask The ATer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:37 pm
This should be Iokia,
Ask the ATer is phail. .___.
Tomorrow I will compile her questions, since it got skipped over in the revamp. D:

6/26 11:14PM.
-alhandra
(See? I'm actually DOIN' stuff! Holy crap!)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:13 pm
Current ATer
Toodle Doo

User Image

Hey everyone! I'm Toodle Doo, more so known in the AT as Toody/Toods/Toodles/Toodie/2D. I'm 14 turning 15 irl~ Moving onto high school! 4laugh I'm a real band nerd. I love my piano and my trumpet. Jazz is my life. I also love to draw. If anyone in the AT needs a quick doodlin' don't hesitate to PM me. ;]

My mother says that I should study harder like the rest of the Chinese people. Little does she know that Chinese people don't study. lol I'd rather spend time doing stuff that I like~ Such as hanging with you guys on Gaia. heart

Questions asked:

alhandra patchoulii
I came on to change the ATer over, but miss slutfayse beat me to it.
again. D:
I suck.

Toodz!
What item(s) could you NEVER live without?
Is there any layering you can't stand just because it doesn't make sense?
How often do you log in each day/week?
aaand, if you could change one feature on Gaia, what would it be?
User Image

i could never live without my long drag. it is the ultimate hand hold that looks good in every single avatar. <3
a layering that i just cannot stand is soot face + sharp fish teeth. phail layering. like, the teeth layer over a part of the eyes. it's just stupid. mad
i log in almost every day. I stick around the AT for around an hour 2, but mostly lurking about.
if i could change a feature on gaia, it would be more arm poses. the current ones aren't cool enough. mad

kornerpocket
You don't know
peace...

I'm glad this is back in the AT because I kind of forgot about this. sweatdrop

Anyway, questions for Toody:

What's your favorite pair of shoes?
Are you ever discouraged by bad rates (if you receive bad rates at all)?

...til you've had
suffering.
User Image

my favourite pair of shoes have gotta be the "those 70s shoes". totally underrated. they should be used more often, especially for female bases. it's got the perfect and shape for a stylin' avatar. ;]
if i get a bad rate, and the person mentions why it's so low, i scramble to my inventory and try to make it better. if i can't, i ask that person for suggestions. if they don't have any, then i just laugh at them. lol
no. i'm kidding. i just won't put it to heart.

Maramas
Hello Ms. Toodle,

So do you ever get tired of being 2D and want to branch out into three dimensions, or does Threedle Doo just sound too weird to you?

Also: Yay this is in AT!

User Image

hell yeah. scream

we ttly need 3D avatars so i can show off my e-curves. rofl

--

threedle doo would be my totally curvy sister. mad

UnderworldTorrent
Toodle, the same question I ask...

Who's style would you steal from the AT?
User Image

Last of 9.

i love his avatars. if i went male, i'd totally want to have his skillz.

Cacophonic Creature

Hello Toodle.
I have two questions.

1:
Why the name Toodle Doo?

2:
What item combo is your biggest pet peeve?
User Image

oh. i named myself toodle doo, because after my main account got banned, i got real depressed.
so i said "toodle doo" to my ex-account, and started off with this new one. :'>

ah. well. i don't have a specific item combo, but for almost every avatar, i start off with my face.
it goes like;

-glasses
-mole
-scar
-earring
-nose ring
-clown make up
-glamrock headband
-eyepatch
-mouth

i usually use more than 5 of those for sure on most of my avatars.

slutfayse
KK, questions:
toodles, where/how do u get the inspiration to make a new avi?
what words of advice do u have for newer ATer's?
& for the last question, who's style in the AT would u swap with?
oops that was asked already~ um.. what item are u waiting to be made?
User Image

ok. this is really embarrassing, but i'll tell the truth. emo

i go around to other forums, like the cb, or gcd, or whatever. then if i see an item combo that some other user used, i go to tektek and try to make a cool avatar with that combo. gonk that's how i get some of my "inspirations". xd

but usually, i don't really need to be inspired to make an avatar. i just go to my inventory; put on a random combo of items then work from there.

words of advice. hmm; oh yes. never wear tippy toe shoes. don't even consider buying tippy toe shoes. for girls; that means shoes like the snug shoes. not sure about guys though. :U even if you need to get some of that colour onto the bottom, tippy toe shoes should be your last resort.

and style swap; Last of 9 for male, and Ronnie for female.

item that i'm waiting to be made.. more platform shoes. xd we just don't have enough of them. mad

Sylwithia
What's your least favorıte color combınatıon, and why?
User Image

white, black and gold.

most over used, ugliest, easiest, colour scheme one can use.
sure, balance and flow and matching is no problem!
but it won't be a challenge at all.
rating it isn't exciting.
if you give it a low score, they'll ask why it's so low.
you say; "it's un-original"
they say; "but i match, and it flows well."
we can't argue with that. and we can just say that it's un-original.
it's a colour combo that frustrates me to no end. mad

[ - That Asian Girl - ]
          Like others; OH SNAP ITS BACK!

1. May I call you doodle?
          Toodle+Doo= Doodle

I hope I'm original with this User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

2. Does your avatar style ever
          semi-revolve around your daily life?
          Like, do you get inspiration from
          what you wear IRL, ect, or
          vice versa, you dress like your avi?
          xd
User Image

omg, how did i not think of that. :0
yes, please do! 4laugh

uhh~ for the torso part, i like layering a lot of things and irl i also love layering my tops. :3
i love to wear a lot of accessories irl too, which transfers to my avatars. <3

[Vomit King]
Hey Toods... If you could convince gaia to make one item for you, what would it be?
User Image
User Image

platform heels for girls!

like these;

-drools-

Crazy Owl
Toodle, what male item do you want to be unisexed next?
User Image

the studded collar. sexiest item ever. it's unfair to only give it to the males. ;]

Khrome
Toodle-
If you could make any common an evolving item, what would it be and why?
User Image

well, i'm assuming that common = item found in shops.
it would probably be the phantom death masque! xD
each evolution would be something macabre-ish, and the final form would be a freaky full grey phantom skin. like, a zombie~ x]

the best vignette
toodle: you have three words. describe your style
;B
User Image

simple yet complex.

don't know if that means anything to anyone, but i think it does a pretty good job of explaining my style. x]

the best vignette
what advice would you give to aspiring ATers in making it in this 'industry'?
User Image

there can always be improvements. :]
if you think your avatar is perfect, then you're WRONG.
there is no such thing as a perfect avatar, and in this "industry" there is always room for improvement.
keep on working on that one avatar that you like until it's the best you think it can be.

` m a t r i c i d e

OHOHOHOHOH.
I have a question for 2D.

IF YOU WERE TO STAR IN A MOVIE, WHAT TYPE OF MOVIE WOULD YOUR AVATAR STAR IN?
:]
User Image

EUH. EUH.
SOMETHING GANGSTA' LIKE 8 MILE. xd
or something with world domination like austin powers. xD

Ask The ATer
toodle-
How often do you change your avatar?
and how often do you do a clean-up of your inventory.

ooh, also, do you keep your invent organized by color, or item, or not at all?
User Image

recently, i've been really lazy, so i change my avatar about once a week now. :3

inventory clean ups happen once every.. year? xd
i just move the ugly items from events into my storage. sweatdrop

and i keep my inventory organized by items from the same set. and my accessories are organized by type; ex: earrings, shades, gloves.

Niphz
AT: stumped D;
Exchange: wtf @ deflation

Toodle, what's your favourite face expression and arm pose?

Art: give free art? <3
Guilds: trying to be active..
User Image

my favourite face expression is the one where the mouth is like D:
umum.. this one: User Image

and my favourite arm pose is my current one~ 4laugh

Mrs.Popo Head
Toody~

what are your thoughts on having a tektek subform?
also, how has your style changed since you came to the AT?
User Image

i actually don't like the idea of having a tektek subforum. i mean, this is the Avatar Talk, and tektek threads have every right to be here. although it may be annoying seeing how many of them there are, if they were to be moved, the AT would move really slowly, and kinda die off. (imo.)

and the style question, i actually answered in a discussion thread. xD imma just gonna copy and paste 'cause i'm lazy. x]

when i first started out; when nobody knew who i was; i was a match nazi. :3 then i discovered brown legwarmers, and so i was like; i'm gonna match this bish. but it never happened, and from those brown legwarmers emerged my first non-matching avatar. * O*

now i worry about shape in an avatar more than anything. oddly, i cannot stand an avatar that has both arms down now. i've started working on no-skin and themed avatars recently. it's something new, but i'm liking it a lot. :3

Korynnn
Tooooodle. (:

1) What's the problem with tippy toe shoes? D:
2) If you could have an item irl, which would it be?
3) Is there any item you'd really like to use but haven't been able to make it work in an avatar?
M) (yes, "M". ) What would you do with 10 million gold? (Not entirely AT, but it's very item related.)
User Image

i hate tippy toe shoes 'cause my a shape nazi. D:
in my perfect world, shoes must be flat on the ground. tippy toe shoes make you look like you're half-floating. which doesn't look very nice, imo.

if i could have an item irl, it would be any of the three legwarmers. all of the legwarmers irl look like crap. D:

i was really looking forward to using the reptile skin of the superior form in an avatar, but due to the new evolving urn, and my deperate urge to have it, i sold my superior form, and i don't think i'll have the chance to make anything with it now. emo

if i had 10 million gold~ .. i'd buy winged anklets, ninjar band, and chain wallet first. :3 then i'll buy almost everything from prize and joy. xD and then i'd get all the good looking commons, and non tippy toed shoes! * A*
and then i'd pay my friends back that gave me items like the horns. :] <3

.[.Le-Ronnie.].
I HAS QUESTION FOR 2D
will you have my childrenz? redface

How versatile are you at making avatars? Liiike, can you pull off avatars of other styles outside of your own [style].
AND
Male or Fem base, which is better to you and why?
blaugh
User Image

oh yus. lemme pm you my rl address, bebe.

uhmm. well, i usually make avatars that are really realistic, but if i wanted to, i could make fantasy-icle looking ones too; like my recent crow avatar. :3 i don't know if i'd be able to pull off another ATer's unique style though. D:

fem base is better. i think that items look more "on-the-skin" than males. but male avatars have better shape. i've never went male on this acc. i've been considering it though. :0

Hymn of Gott
Oh wow I remember this place!
It disappeared a while back but yay its back! <3

I have a question for Ms. Toody.
What part of an avatar do you concentrate more on when constructing an avi? Do you look more so on the lower half or the head or whatever. xP
User Image

ohh. ok. most important part of an avatar to me is the face. if the face is boring, the rest of the avatar is boring. >:U
well, not only face, but the entire 1/3 top of the avatar. oh yes. it's called the head. xD

Crazy Owl
Do you have a signature item combo?
Do you understand the art of glove layering? I fail at it. emo
User Image

hmm. i don't know if it's "signature" or not, xD but most of my "good avatars" use the 3 poses of the mythrill armor; shoulder pad, belt and shin guard.

and glove layering? :0 yes i do~ but i don't usually layer 2 gloves over each other ('cause med gloves doesn't show rings over them; and get a grip gloves are chunky. xD
but in the glove section, i like to layer things over my gloves like the mythrill armor wrist guard, the rock hard wrist spikes, and a ton of bracelets/watches. :3

chelzcatherine

Questions for Toodie:
What's your favorite shop on gaia?
Do you like the EIs?
What items could you not live without?
User Image

my favourite shop on gaia.. gosh, that's hard. xD
i have 3 favourites; i guess if they're ranked in order.. it's gotta be
1. H.R. Wesley
2. Durem Depot
3. Sunset Couture

as for event items, i really liked the earlier ones. then they got to be really ugly. but recent event items are making a good comeback. :3 i really liked the prom items, and last year's halloween items weren't so bad. i really really liked the '03 paper bags. i'm saving up some cash for one right now. x]

i could not live without belts. if there were no belts on gaia, i probably would never be able to make an avatar that i like. gonk
besides belts, other important items to me include glamrock headbands, nitemare collar, and earrings. :3

Ask The ATer

Ask The ATer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:02 pm
        Current ATer
        Io[dream.eater]

Heeey ~
              Io here. A bit late, but finally here sweatdrop
              Anyways, I'm a sixteen-year-old gal, born and living in Uruguay. I've been around the AT for around a year and a half, and it's almost the only forum I visit, at least on a regular basis.
              Hur ~ What else can I say? I'm on the 11th grade, studying to be a Biologist (yeah, the educational system works somewhat different in here). My current obsessions are Shojo animes, marshmallows, TM Revolution, Lego Star Wars (for Wii) and drawing ugly birds.

That's all you need to know, I think. Now, come with the questions! 4laugh

>> Siempre se puede seguir
        sin corazón, verdad que si?

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
        ((Ah, well. I'll add more/better ones when Photobucket stops acting stupid scream ))

Questions asked:

alhandra patchoulii
whee

K. Io.
How many bad rates would it take to get you to change an avatar?
        Depends on who's the giver and how I feel about the avi.
        If I'm really liking the avi, I'll probably not change it. No matter how many 1's it gets.
        If I'm not sure about it, it takes around 4 or 5 low at-least-mildly-explained rates 'till I get around and change it completely. If they are only small suggestions, I always try them out :]

slutfayse
User Image

what advice do u have for new ATers?
        CREATE.
        That's the only advice I could give. Think and be original. Of course it's not easy, but the worst thing someone can do in a place like this is copying other ATers. Advice, suggestions, inspiration, and all those kind of things are fantastic, and it's great to find someone who's willing to help you. But the fun of making an avi is, precisely, making the avi. Thinking, imagining, creating. And don't fall on the routine. Try using new items, discovering new forms of using them together. Experiment with colors and textures.
        And ask for help if you need it.
        That's about it :]

sMiRnOfF_kId
if you had to sell all your MC's and keep only one, what will it be and why??
Heyy ~
I'm back :3

I think I'd probably keep my D. anklets. It goes with most of my avis and it's one of my favorite items

BarbieSlave
Crunchy or smooth peanut butter?

Wut? It's a valid question.
Me no likey peanut butter
:B

.[.Le-Ronnie.].
User Image

first, that rainbow avi is still amazing
-sexes it-

second
what are your opinions on the Avatar Arena?
and
Favorite ATer style/avatars?
and
soy milk or whole milk?
User Image
        Sankuu, Ronnie :3

• Ehh ~ I've mixed emotions about it. I think most (non-regular) people think the AT and the AvA are pretty much the same, but they are completely different worlds. I think I liked the AvA better a few years ago, when the important thing was the avi itself and not how good the art/description was.
        Personally, I think most of the AvA contestants lack the avi-making vein that could turn a nice avi into a really fantastic one with only a bit of work. What can I say? The AT has turned me into an elitist xDD
        Still, I've seen really marvelous avis in there.

• Hurr ~ Difficult. Even if there are a lot of great ATers around, but having to chose, my three favorite-est ones are probably Iokia, Daft and Mono. Not really sure why, but I've always admired their avis. Of course, I look up to a lot of diverse ATers.
        My favorite kind of avis are those who break the schemes without going overboard. I'm not one for cluttered avis, nor powerclashing, nor extreme surrealism (even if I love some of midnight kiss' surrealistic avis).

• Whole milk xD

Toodle Doo
User Image

io~ favourite pair of shoes? :3
(lol. i ask this every time.)

and also, in your opinion, what do you think is the one most underrated item that people should use more?
        Haaaard D:
        Uhm.. Coal Gunner and Phat sneakers.

Eh... Let's say... Genie pants!
        They give the avi an awesome form when they are used well, but I hardly ever see them around :/
        Kara's avis with those pants are a great example :]
        I don't think that's the most underrated one, but I'd like to see them around more anyways ^^;

Crazy Owl
User Image

Dreamer, what's your opinion on a tektek sub-forum?
        It'd be a good way to keep the order in the AT, but I think it'll make us lose some followers as well. Some of the raters/ratees (wtf xD) are Tektek'ers as well, and if we take all the Tektek threads to another forum, they'd go after. It'd also be difficult to know when to place a Contest thread where both real avis and tekteks are allowed.

Vivid Fizz
What fad in the AT has really annoyed you and what has been your favorite?
        I didn't liked the huge dark/red&black/vampire-like trend we had when the Vampire skin was released. I actually hate that skin :B
        And my favorite one has to be the steampunk one, since The Brass Barge was opened. It's certainly one of my favorite styles.

Sher!ock

How do I look?

& where do I rank?

^ rates, plz. 4laugh

Oh, and I have a couple questions I can ask Io. O:

Which items do you find most useful for making avatars?

& how important is skin balance to you?
        *ain't a rater here*

• Well, accessories are always a must. Most of my avis have black on them, so I use Card shark bands, black belts, D.anklets and black hairpins very often. But I think any item that adds a distinctive sign to the avi is important. Something that makes others notice that it's yours (both items or combos).
        For example, every avi I do has a Kiseru or a Cig :3

• I always take skin balance into consideration when making/rating an avi. And it's usually really important for me, I consider it another color. But I've seen fantastic avis that completely lack skin balance, so it really depends on the style/theme/colors you use.

hirukowashi-hen

Oh, I have a question! 4laugh

Io, how far into Soul Eater are you? :3 And is it any good?

...Stupid question, I know. xd But everyone's watching it and thinks it's awesome, and I honestly don't understand why. ; w; That said, I stopped two episodes into it--barely that, in fact.

Here's a real question for you:
      How cluttered is too cluttered? Do you think those avatars that randomly throw items on to fill up their two inches of pixel space are good or no?

昼壊
        LOL.
        I've seen 'till episode 13, and read 10 of the 12 Volumes and I really like it. It's one of my favorite anime-genres, so I love it ^^
        But it's pretty random xD
        Btw, would you recommend me Nougami Neuro? 'cause I've been thinking of downloading it, but I keep procrastinating =w=

So ~
        There's not really a cluttered-scale, so I think it depends on the avi. I usually consider it cluttered when I can't see/distinguish more than half of the items on it. Basically, most of the items should be partially covered with another item for me to consider it cluttered.
        And, even if they have their fashion, I don't really like full-avis (avis that cover the whole space) when they just throw the items randomly. However, I love them when you can see the maker has spent some time on it, and it has a certain theme/balance/flow/sheme/whateverelse.

EDIT:
        Btw, you should feel special. I picked you as one of my three favorite ATers ~ 4laugh
        xD

Dashing_Rain
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Time for a
question to you! (:
  • Do you have a long drag?
        Nope, but I'd like to buy one :]

MysticalAngelEyes NEW
User Image
How do I look? (Going for a Pimpin'/Slutty Look)

A question--
-- Do you think its okay to have more than 2 items from a set equipped on one av?
example: 2 egyptian anklets, an egyptian bracelet, and an egyptian armlet

Call me Mae
        Yeah, I don't find the problem with that.
        Sets don't bother me, unless they make the avi look extremely... eh.. set-ish xD

Crazy Owl
User Image

Dreamer, is there any item combo you always find yourself using?
        Probably skull hairpin + suspenders + black belt + danklets.
        I use those items really often, even if I wouldn't call it a combo since there isn't a relation between them. I also use cigs/cigaros/kiserus, on every avi.

UnderworldTorrent
Hey Io, who's "style" would you steal for a day if you had the opportunity to?

Also, you're in place A and a friend is in place B. If you both want to reach destination C, would you ride a llama or a mule and would it affect the path over the mountain?
        Hurr ~
        Probably DCB's xD
        I've always wanted to know how does he make such avis ~

I would... ride the one that consumes less gasoline per mile
        4laugh

Mrs.Popo Head
User Image

DAMN. I thought you were saying my name. ;_____;

um k. question timez!
does anyone ever inspire you to make an avatar? who was it?
and umm.
what do you think about the jonas brothers? surprised

ilu Popo heart ~

Now? Not really.
        But when I first started, I really looked up to Winter.
        She was probably my first inspiration when I was just a lil' ATer

AND I DUN LIEK 'EM
        scream

King Lunchbox
Have you ever dreamed you were sitting at your computer typing and browsing away in the AT?
        Ehh... nup
        :]

slutfayse
User Image

u were already asked ur opinion on a tektek subforum,
now that it came out has ur opinion/view on it changed?
do u think this was a good move? & how do u think it
will it affect the AT community? (positive, negative, etc) heart
        Nup, I still think the same. It's a nice way to keep the forums organized and to keep us ATers from bitching about the tektek avalanche. But the AT will slow down and we'll loose some of our new minions. It'll also be harder to find new ATers ~
        Still..
        GOOD IDEA 4laugh ~

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:29 am
        Current ATer
        Phenomenon

Hi! I'm Phenomenon, otherwise known as Phen. I first came to AT in May 2004, and have stuck with it on and off since then! I'm known for being the founder of [Buck]ingham Palace, the place for buckie lovers [I wear mine all the time], as well as being the host of the AT Mystery back in October ...2007? 2006? I can't remember xD; and The Official Non-Matching Guide.
        Anyway, I want to meet new ATers so I can get back into AT!

Some of my avatars~
        User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Questions asked:

Ask The ATer

okay, phen
    if u could change one thing about the AT,
    what would it be? heart

hm~
I'd have it go back to the small-size forum that it used to be.
I feel like there isn't as much of a sense of unity anymore, and that makes me sad D:

Teh DCB

Who in the AT do you admire most?
If you could steal anyone's style, whose style would you steal?

I've always been a huge fan of fluff monster's style c: If I had a male avatar, UnderworldTorrent.
And ever since I was an AT newbie, I've looked up to candycrack. I remember being so excited when she first talked to me xD

fluff monster
    besides buckies, what are some items you couldn't live without?

IF I WAS NAKED AND HAD MY BUCKIES, I'D BE SET FOR LIFE.
rofl
In all seriousness, probably my monocle and winged anklets are the items I use the most.

I hope I'm doing this right xD;

[Vomit King]
Phen, How does it feel to be involved with the AT again?
And Who's your AT idol? ninja

User Image

odd @ -@
there are some things that get on my nerves a bit...but it's change, so...I can't do much about it :/
it's nice to see some people that I haven't in a while, though.

my AT idol...I don't know xD like I said earlier, I always looked up to cc...and I really look to Kelyn as my "big sister" since she was the one who first welcomed me to AT. Although she's not active anymore :'[

Korynnn
Since you weren't active, how much has changed recently? (Aside from the obvious Tektek thing.)

(Outsiders perspectives are fun. Even if they are just insiders who went missing.)

I feel like there's less community since I was really active, but that's to be expected when a forum grows.
I've also noticed there doesn't seem to be many number rates anymore, more suggestions and praise.

Crazy Owl
Is there any one item you hate or think is ugly beyond avatar making?

BTW, I'm Owl, it's nice to talk to a oldbie that's come back again!

hm.
that's a tough one o:
I kind of think that if you're good enough at avatar making, you can make any item work. It just takes a looot of practice - and I'm definitely not there yet~ ;D
but I personally dislike the devil tail -gasp-

and nice to meet you >w<~

King Lunchbox
Mai Phen~u. <3

I <3 u. Do you <3 me?

And for the serious question, if you could make the AT a better place, what would you do?

you know I love you lunchie-love <333

and to answer your other question~
I'd probably make it so that we could have more community building activities, instead of just rating threads allll the tiiime~
if that makes any sense :B

SirBaka
Though, for a question I'd like to ask how does it feel for the new subforum to be up?

I'm very excited!
I was around before avatar simulations were even available [loloooold], so I think it brings back a little more of the true spirit of AT :]

Prince 0f Cats

My question is ( to elaborate on your answer to King lunchboxes question ) what kind of activities do you think we as Ater's can do to rebuild the spirit of community? Truly curious. 3nodding

weeeell...as far as what we're allowed to do...[since things have changed regarding that...] hm.
I think, first of all, that rating threads need to be attended to more, so that people can get to know each other.
Honestly, that's how I met most of my AT friends, from them rating me, me rating them, we have a little chat in each other's threads.
But I made a rating thread yesterday and got no responses - there's something wrong with that.

alhandra patchoulii
Phenomnomnom- What were your reasons for leaving the AT? Or is that too personal...?
Also, have you noticed your avatar style evolve as you get older? :O

AT lost its sparkle to me, to be honest.
I first gravitated toward F&S [where I now have one of the most popular threads] when it first opened, but kept a foot in the AT door, but as I got more popular in F&S, I switched over there. Then real life took me away from Gaia, then I got sucked into other websites [livejournal and PoupeeGirl], so I'm actually just now coming back to Gaia, not just AT.

And I've found my avatars have definitely gotten more complicated, but I think that's because the layering and items continue to get more complicated with each new update. I think I still maintain the "Phen style", though. It makes me wonder if people could recognize my old avatars for still being mine!

Teh DCB

User Image
Do you believe there's still hope for the AT to become a community...or at least still have, as Prince put it, the spirit of community?

[[Also, I never saw your rating thread yesterday. redface ]]

The past can't be changed, but I think we always have an opportunity to build on what we have.

and don't worry about it~ I must've come at a bad time >w<

Zero Harpen Voxx
[Phen, real question: whats your phone number? i lost mine.....]

862...HEY WAIT D8

demondwarmeX2
What is your favorite color?
And why I am so bald?

red c:
and I'm sorry, I put nair in your shampoo bottle ;__;

sMiRnOfF_kId
hi phen!!

i'd love to know what was the last item that made you go "OMFG I GOT TO HAVE ONE OF THOOSE!!"

hey! :D

Inari's beads :D mostly just because I named my computer Inari a looong time ago >w<~ but it is a pretty item!
I just haven't figured out how to use it quite yet o -e

[kara neko]
phen; what year &season were you most involved in the AT?
what factors have made you drift away from the forum?♥

-thinks-
probably...
summer 2006? my best guess xD

Well, other people started to move on, so the tide began to change. I stayed for a while, still. Then F&S was created in Jan 07, and I started spending time half there, half here. Eventually, AT started getting too clogged with tektek threads, my friends weren't here anymore, and it just wasn't fun anymore :'[ and real life started getting more complicated, with me graduating and starting college.

`Justin
hey phen!
I was just wondering how you start your avatars? If you try to start with one item you want to use, and then base the rest around it, or if you just look for a certain color, etc. Do you have any items (besides buckies) that you automatically throw on, because they're sort of niche items?

Hm~
when I get a new item, obviously I try to base my avatar around that o wo~ sometimes I'll feel like using a certain item I haven't in a while, too.
Other times, I like to find a colour scheme and work around that.
I don't necessarily have any [other] items that I always throw on, but I use my monocle, golden laurels, and g pin a whooole lot~

alhandra patchoulii
Phen, if Gaia were a University and AT was your major, what extracurricular activities would you participate in? whee xp

lol!
Well, I'd think of AT as sort of a fashion design type major...so I'd probably join like an art club or something~ or like a sewing club >w<

Cultural Cringe
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I has a keschun!
You use purple and gold a lot.
Do you ever get SO bored that you want to start all over, and then end up making something with them anyway?
XD

I use angelic blue more than I use purple, but I do use gold a whole lot >w<~
when I'm in a rut, those are my default colours.

[ - That Asian Girl - ]
          Question; whats your favorite way to use/eat chocolate?

& Whats your favorite event item and why.

I looooooove cake~ like craaazyyy. so definitely chocolate cake ;3 like melt in your mouth kind *_____*

and my favourite event item is the g pin~ because I love using gold [see above haha] and it's the perfect way to get a little bit on the chest :]

Teh DCB

User Image
Besides discussion and contest threads, which of the following would you rather see in the AT and why: only "Rate me" threads or only "I'll rate you" threads? {You can't say "both."}

"rate me" threads :]
I don't really know why...they're more personal..? xD
I dunno, I always feel like the better conversations go on in those threads, haha~ c:

Dashing_Rain
QUESTION FOR PHENOMENON.
  • How do you feel about new ATers/people who come to the
    AT and post for like a few times?

C:

I think they're silly and don't know what they're missing out on by not staying, because AT is so freaking ace =w=

Bebbo
Phenomenon
Bebbo
rofl I forgot to ask Phen a question whoops!

Phen - What's you're favorite theme to admire? ninja

I'm so out of it today..can you elaborate? xD;
Theme like pirates, hoes, steampunk, etc.~
Basically do you have a preference in style for avatars? xd

OHOK >w>;;

hm.
    I like kind of mythical themes c:
    like gods, goddesses, that sort of thing.
    I'm big on looking "pretty" xD; one of my favourite avatars I've ever made was a wind goddess.

ookami ashi

Hey Phen. O:

Question pour tu:
    I noticed your avatars are kinda on the simple side. Do you prefer making avatars that are cluttered or simple? Do you also concentrate more on style than matching?

I kind of like somewhere in the middle c:
    I'm definitely not someone who clutters my avatar beyond recognition, but they're not usually incredibly simple, either. And I don't just mean that in ways of number of items, but also the flow and colours - it can be complex without being cluttered.
    Style is much more important to me than matching, but that doesn't mean I don't love to pull a super-matchy-match avatar out ;D

[Vomit King]
    Hey phen... What's your favorite outfit?
    (Either one you made or otherwise)

you know that's a hard question D8

I know I'll always be especially fond of this one~
    too bad the scarf, pendant, and horns were all borrowed ;__;
    User Image

Ask The ATer

Ask The ATer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Current ATer
candycrack

Hi, I'm candycrack although everyone pretty much calls me CC. I've been a member of gaia since Oct 2003 & an active part of the AT since shortly after the forum was created. (Yes, AT wasn't always here. & Yes, I have been around a long time.) I also made a little sticky named AT 101 and some other threads you might of heard of.

I post around in various areas of gaia but always come back to the AT. It's where my friends are and it's what keeps me comming back. I go through spurts where I don't post much or resort to lurking. I have a life to attend to, and that takes priority.

Answer: Well, at one point in time I just bought everything because you never know when you might need something. Then I realized what a horrible idea that was. So now, I only buy things I really like and every now and then I will pick up something to use for a contest, if I don't continue to use the items they eventually get sold off.

I have all my avatars saved since 2004, so heres a mini timeline of them.
User Image User Image User Image User Image
2008 | 2008 | 2007 | 2007

2006 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004

Questions asked:

UnderworldTorrent

CC how does it feel to have almost an entire forum looking up to you in terms of avatar creation?

A whole forum? Do people still really know who I am? Because I was under the impression they didn't. To all those who might or do, thank you. It's quite flattering to be looked up to even if it is just for pixels.

UnderworldTorrent
Is there any particular place you draw inspiration from?

Ready for a super awesome exciting answer! Are You? No.
All my avatar creations are just random ideas from my own imagination and/or experimenting with my inventory.

UnderworldTorrent
Aaand if you could, who's style would you swap with for a day?

While there are a few people's who style I've always admired like Barbie Slave & Jibo for their wonderful themed looks, I think if given the opportunity I would turn it down. My avatar style is me, and let's be honest with all the item's I refuse to take off I could never swap with somone out of my own stubbornness.

Teh DCB

User Image
@cc; *stealing HoP's question to Phen* What is your favorite avatar that you have created?

I have all my avatars saved since 2004, that's 100's of avatars I can honestly say I don't have an all time favorite. While some may be close to being number one it's just to hard, if you really want to see all my absolute favorites you can check out the personal gallery in my rate thread. Which is still about 100 avatars big. sweatdrop

Aiko Afriel
What, besides your d-tail of course, is your favorite item? lol
User Image

Well since we are going to eliminate the obvious, the Skull Hellmet. heart

`Justin
Currently, what is your favorite hairstyle?

Pink Groovin' will always be my absolute favorite until something better that is two-toned comes out, if that ever happens. I don't know why but I can't pry myself away from it for too long. (I was just about to switch it back prior to reading this question.) Although it is a pain in the a** to work with, so I've been switching off between that and Edgy (brown). I'm ready for something new but salon updates always seem to disappoint me.

Crazy Owl
How would you describe your style?

candycrack. lol

I really have no idea, I've been asked this before & have asked others to describe it for me. The common result that comes back is candycrack plain and simple. I've been told my style is truly my own, some can try but no one will ever quite get it right. I really don't know how else to sum it up.

LittleRaverJoey

If you could eliminate one item from Gaia, what would it be and why?

User Image

Hmmm, this is something I've never thought about. While their are quite a few hideous item's out there I enjoy people using those well just for pure shock value of making something I consider hideous, to be something creative and unique.

So I think if I had to eliminate one Item I would say DJ Studio Headphones. Because if they didn't exist I wouldn't want them and wouldn't have to spend all this time questing for them.

King Lunchbox
candycrack
King Lunchbox
If a group of ATers were to become the Super Friends and you were among that list of ones to become heroes, what super hero would you be and why? It can be made up or one that already exists.

What a unique question. Hmmm well if I went up with a pre-existing super hero I would definitely be the batman of the group because batman has always been my all time favorite super hero. Although that's a pretty dull answer.

If were to make up a super hero I would be Sweet Addiction, which is the name I use for just about every thread I make on gaia and sounds much more like a super hero name then candycrack. XD I'd be dressed in hot pink and black and would kick some serious a** and look good doing it. cool
What would be Sweet Addiction's super power? xD

You mean asides from just being able to kick some serious a** like batman?! My super power would be mind control. That way I could control the minds of all the trolls and ignorant people who run a muck in AT and make them into model AT'ers.

[Vomit King]
Hey CC... If you had to lose one of the items you never remove... Which would it be? ninja

Bat Wings Back Tattoo, because no one see's it anyways. xd
The only reason I wear it is because I actually have a tattoo of wings on my back (not bat wings but the wings are in black).

[Vomit King]

What's your favorite song? xd

I'm a huge music fan, so this is a really tough question. I have no idea what my all time favorite song would be, I couldn't pick just one.

However at the moment my two favorite songs are "You, Me & Bourgeoisie" by The Submarines & "The Unthinking Majority" by Serj Tankian. Yes, I'm well aware they are at complete opposites of the music spectrum.

`Justin
If you could revive any past AT threads, which would you revive and why?

Asides from some of my own I've abandoned as of late I would revive Dorgs Uber Styling Thread. Which has been dead for years now, but it still very useful. I would love to see Dorg come back and bring some life to it but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. I think some new users could really get some use out of it, as many people had always found it quite useful.

King Lunchbox

BTW, did you see the Dark Knight yet? What'd you think?

I have seen it twice since it came out. I went opening day at 11am with a friend, the theater was surprisingly empty. The following week I went with my fiance who ended up getting quite upset with me for not seeing it with him first, but he got over that. xd

Since I'm a huge batman fan, and was also a huge Heath Ledger fan I thought the movie was fantastic. I think a few parts were dragged on a bit more then needed, but it not to the point that it made me bored watching it. Heath Ledger in my opinion made the movie, his portrayal of the joker was simply amazing. I think if anyone else had played the part, the movie wouldn't of been nearly as good. The voice, body language and mannerisms he used to portray the joker were remarkable. Also, might I just mention I would love to smack Christian Bale for his retarded batman voice, it's always irritated me.

Teh DCB
Do you like to read? If you do...then what is your favorite genre and/or book?
Yes I do, but I rarely read books. The only books I've read as of late are all art or graphic design related. For the most part I read alot of magazines, mostly Computer Arts & Computer Arts Projects which are imported from the U.K. I also read some of the Web Design Magazines from the U.K. Asides from UK Magazines. I also enjoy reading Juxtapoz which is an arts & culture magazine. I also read through alot of various blogs. So I'm not really your typical "book" person, I don't remember the last time I actually read a novel. Although I've been meaning too, I used to read a few a year but never had the time while I was in school.

Teh DCB
What do you think the most important thing to making an avatar is? {i.e., important for everyone}
The most important thing about making an avatar is that you have to like it. I don't care what anyone else says nothing else is important, if your not making an avtar so that you like it you don't belong in the AT. Everything else, matching, balance, colors ect. ect. is on personal opinion. I'm all over the chart so none of that stuff so none of it is important to me, as long as I like my avatar that is all that matters.

Yes, AT is about ratings ect. ect. But they don't really matter, they are just for fun. I stopped caring about what people thought of my pixels a long time ago, and I've had alot more fun making avatars since.

Teh DCB
What is one of your favorite names irl?

I always liked the name Aiden for a boy, sadly that's my nephews name so I'll have to come up with a new boys name when I have kids... if I have a boy.

Teh DCB
If you could make anything in the AT happen {like...in the snap of your fingers, it would just happen}, what would it be?
I'd eliminate all the stupid people. biggrin

Teh DCB
What was the most difficult thing you ever had to do in life and why?

My dad past away when I was 9, that is the most difficult experience I ever went through. After something like that so young everything else I've gone though that may seem difficult to some is just trivial to me.

King Lunchbox
I have another question, Is "How do I Rate That?" ever going to be up and running, The AT could use it.

Hopefully, 3 of the last 4 sections were being written by others. The other one I've been slacking on because it isn't really my area of expertise. Sooner or later it should be completed, I should send out a few PM's in the very near future.

Zero Harpen Voxx
[If you ever quit gaia, who would you nominate to be the new "Devil of the AT"?]

I'd like to think I am irreplaceable. 4laugh
It's never something I really thought about, and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. I don't know if any one would fit the requirement of always wearing a devil tail and 99.9% of the time wearing horns of the demon as well.

Niphz

Oh~ candycrack, I have a question: do you ever wish that you knew some of the newer ATers better?

Of course, I'd love to know alot of the newer ATer's better. I'm not active as much as I used to be, and really haven't gotten to know any of the newer members better. I know alot of the older ones which is awesome, but it would be nice to know some of the newer faces as well.

Anti Bebbo
CC, why haven't you entered the arena? You're avatars are neato!

I have actually entered the arena various amounts of time, out of all those times I only placed in the top 10 once. Most of my avatars don't have a theme, and in the arena that just doesn't fly so I normally don't bother. I've placed once and that was good enough for me, although there are a few I may be putting in the near future once I my evolving items unlock all their positions.

For the record my one and only arena placement:

User Image

UnderworldTorrent

CC if you were stuck on a desert island with any 2 other ATers who would you chose?

Well my first thought was Joey & Jibo. I've actually met Joey so I know I can tolerate her, and it would be amusing to watch her freak out upon initially being stranded. Jibo I've known awhile and consider to be one of my closer friends here, she reminds me alot of myself personality wise. Plus I couldn't be stranded without my cabana girl. Another bonus of Having Joey & Jibo is that Joey is so nice me and Jibo could easily plot against her but don't tell Joey. LOVE YOU JOEY! ninja

slutfayse
    if u could change one thing about the current AT, what would it be? (& why?)

I think something similar was already asked. But incase I am imagining things, since we already have a shiny new sub forum... I would simply remove the stupid people. biggrin

slutfayse
    what advice would u give to new(er) ATers?

Cliche as it may sound, read the stickies. They really do have everything you need to know. I would also say take time too look around and get a feel for things, check out what others are doing and get an idea for how things work. Also take time to try and start conversations with people, most people won't bite you head off. This is something important as I've heard many newer users feel intimidated by older ones.

Most importantly don't feel you have to conform to one style or matching for that matter. Make outfits you enjoy and are comfortable with.

kornerpocket
You don't know
peace...

While we're at it, what's your favorite pair of Gaia shoes? Least favorite?

...til you've had
suffering.

I like big clunky shoes and sandals. My absolute favorite hmm I think pimpin' platforms would have to be at the top... followed closely by were feet & starter sandals.

Really if they aren't chunky with the acception of some sandals I really don't like them. I couldn't even tell you which ones I dislike the most because I never paid much attention to gaia shoes. xd

.[.Le-Ronnie.].
User Image
Which ATer do you like as a person and which ATer do you like as an avatar creator?
I respect the style choices of most AT'ers why they might not be my style necessarily I still enjoy seeing them. For those who I like as a person, I don't feel the need to drop names as I don't want to forget anyone, they should know who they are by now.

Forgotten Mysteries
I have a question. Ms. CC, what inspired you to become an ATer?

Well when I first joined gaia AT, didn't even exist yet. Then one day while browsing through GD, I noticed a new sub forum called avatar talk. I clicked it and decided to make a rate me thread. My avatar got pretty good rates, and everyone was so polite. It was a small forum when I first started posting and a very close community as a whole, which is what really drew me in. Everyone knew everyone and if they didn't they soon did. It was a nice change from all the other quickly moving forums at the time.

In the end it's alot of those older users who I met shortly after joining as well as some newer ones who keep me coming back to the AT.

ookami ashi

What do you think is the most commonly used items in the AT?

We have so many items now, it's hard to say what is over used and what isn't with the diversity in avatars. Solidant hat's still get alot of wear, as do leg warmers. But it really is hard to say, I know for a fact whenever a new item comes out that's always going to be all the rage until the next set of new pixels come out.

ookami ashi

Also, since you seemed so attached to your D. Tail, do you start making avatars with the D. Tail, or make an avatar and then add the D. Tail for kicks?

I can't really say sometimes it's first sometimes it's not. It's just one of the many items I always wear. It was my first donation item, and I actually got it from an Oct 03 letter, it just kinda stuck with me since then.

Teh DCB

User Image
What is your biggest pet peeve on rates? {e.g., Someone's pet peeve on rates might be when people just say comments like "it's nice" or "it's bad."}

I highly dislike when someone says something along the lines of... "It's good, but it's not your best." I think we have all been guilty of saying it at one point or another, but it's a rather annoying comment. Although my own personal one is "loose the devil tail." stare

[ - That Asian Girl - ]
          o1. Whats your favorite way to use/eat chocolate?

o2. Hypothetically speaking would you be angry if someone started making
          styles similar to you, and it was obvious that they 'took' it from you?

o3. If you could bring back any of the retired oldbies who would it be and why?

o4. & Do you like ketchup?

1. I don't like chocolate for the most part so I really don't eat it. The only things I eat with chocolate are like almond joys / reeses where chocolate is not the dominant flavor. If it's something like chocolate cake, ice cream or just solid chocolate it makes me gag.

2. It's happened numerous times before by various people. It is quite frustrating and annoying when the person blatantly copies your look pretty much item for item. Inspiring someone is one thing but completely stealing a look is another.

3. I could list a ton of names for this, but if it comes down to one I would choose Loky. He was the first one that came to mind. We had alot of fun times in AT, and I miss seeing him around.

4. Yes I do.

2 + 2 omg
      What is your favourite paper-type to write on?
      You like the thin paper?
      Maybe some nice hard card-stock?
      Who knows? These are the questions that the world needs to know the answers to.

Well since I do alot more typing/printing then writing I have no idea. I'm really not a huge fan of writing, hell I don't even have a "proper signature". It's just whatever I decide to scribble at that point in time.

I suppose Note Book paper, just regular old lined paper. Its about the only thing I write on, and it has to be in a notebook or a stack... I hate writing on paper thats just sitting on a hard surface. For some odd reason I write better and neater when there is a stack of something under it then just a hard surface (like a desk). Although I don't write on it I love patterned scrapbook paper it's so fun!

Although for printing my business cards and stuff, I love the "brown paper bag paper". The texture is awesome and it just has a really neat effect on the printing.

Hope that answers all your paper questions. Oddly enough I know alot about various types of paper, so I'll stop here. rofl

[Vomit King]
Hey CC...
What do you think of my personal style?

And well defined personal styles in general? ninja

You VK are one of my favorite male avatar creators. I adore your style. Your almost like a male version of myself in some ways with choices in items, colors and overall look. We both go for the more badass aspects and that is always a plus. You also use certain items over and over again that are minimal but add to the overall look and in the end make your avatars distinctly yours.

I think a well defined personal style overall is an important thing to have. Something that will make you noticeable and set you apart from the rest. Whenever I think of avatars I really like or enjoy they are all from users who have a distinct style. All the rest just kinda blend together making them easily forgotten.

2 + 2 omg

Speaking of styles though, are you a fan of mine?
While I'm not a fan of the current, for the most part I enjoy your over all style. It's nice when users don't conform to the majority of the AT with all the matching b.s. It's even better when they can actually make non-matching avatars that look good. Most people just pile on crap and call it non-matching, you sir actually put effort into yours.

2 + 2 omg
      What is your favourite kind of juice?

I'm a fan of orange juice. Although I also enjoy more interesting flavors like mango & pear.

Just please, no red juice. User Image

Accidie
Do you find the idea of personal styles, as far as avatars go, a good thing or does it tend to box people in and make it harder to be objective when rating?

My So-Called Life, the best 90's show? y/y
I actually just answered something similar about the personal styles so I'm not going to repeat everything. But I think a personal style is not only a good thing but an important thing, as it sets you apart from the rest. I don't think it boxes them in at all. If anything a personal style will just help you experiment more with various things, so you don't get stuck always looking the same.

Best show of the 90's I think not, I was never a fan of it.

2 + 2 omg
      OH!
      What was your favourite cartoon growing up?
      Like the Saturday mornin' style.

Care Bears, My Little Pony & Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. (80's kid ftw.)

`Justin

If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be and why?

Hmmm, I have no idea... not something I really think about. I never really wanted to be someone else, I was always happy just being me. If you asked me this about a year or more ago I would of said Michelle Williams from some obvious reason, but now I have nothing. confused

(Sorry for the lame answer, but I really have nothing.)

2 + 2 omg
      Favourite brand of water?

OMG, that sounds so funny. lol

Voss... It comes complete with a fancy glass bottle and all.

King Tearz IV
What current thread that you don't own do you look up to?

None. sweatdrop
(I don't really look up to threads.)

I would say I admired Tek-Tek Etiquette Thread which is now in the dressing room, but I helped with making it so that probably doesn't really count.

I also quite like this thread (Ask The AT'er), I think it's a fantastic idea for allowing everyone to get to know each other.

.[.Le-Ronnie.].
User Image

So being known for one of the founding fathers mothers of power clashing, would you ever return to making power clash avatars?
Would you try and revive it?
I think there are only like 2-3 people who still power clash.. User Image
But I'd like to see more of it.

I never really stopped. I was never like Vlinder who always powerclashes, I was more or less one who either did or didn't. I still do from time to time you just have to lucky to catch it because my avatars don't always last very often. My powerclashing was also very minimal compared to Vlinder, because I always include black in my outfits.

For me myself to try and revive it probably not on my own. Sadly it was never something that got really big, alot of people have still probably yet to ever hear of it or even know what it is. A revive might been in the line in the future you never know... Anything can happen.

Teh DCB

User Image
What do you think of this video?

Wow, that.s incredible. eek

Barbies a**
How do you think Avatar Talk is seen by the rest of the Gaia? Do you think AT is looked up to as the experts in Avatar Creation? If not, why not? How do you feel about the unofficial rule 'if you have a theme you should say so because we're not mind readers' ? What's your stance on users rating avatars on matching, unless the poster states otherwise? Why is matching the default standard? What's the weather like where you are? Do you LOL @ style > matching when the OP looks like they tried to match and failed? Brazilian, bikini line or au naturel?

Oh My What A Well of questions. Let's get the easy ones out of the way first, Brazilian. The weather is currently quite nice, hot & sunny just the way I like it.

Hmm Let's break this down now....

How do you think Avatar Talk is seen by the rest of the Gaia?
Sadly I think most people have a negative view of the AT. I far to often seen post elsewhere saying how rude and stuck up ATer's are, because they happen to get a few bad rates. It's sad because most people in Avatar Talk are quite nice, but everyone on the outside seems to let the bad rates taint their judgment of a whole forum.

Do you think AT is looked up to as the experts in Avatar Creation? If not, why not?
No not at all, people from other forums are completely capable of making outstanding avatars they just choose not to partake in discussing and rating them 24/7. I'm sure a few people might or may consider it, and I'm sure everyone in the AT likes to think that we are, but if anything I would consider AT more trend-setters then experts.

How do you feel about the unofficial rule 'if you have a theme you should say so because we're not mind readers' ?
I think if the theme is not apparent it is a good rule to have, so people can make suggestions on how to improve without suggestion something ridiculous. Even if the theme is apparent at least say your avatar is themed. I'm a very firm believer that different looks should be rated in different ways, you cannot rate every type of outfit the same.

That's your stance on users rating avatars on matching, unless the poster states otherwise?
My stance is you should be well aware of what different types of looks out there, and you should adjust your rates to reflect that. Like I mentioned above, you cannot rate every style of avatar the same it's just not possible.

Why is matching the default standard?
Because people need something concrete to have a standard for? Matching is just that, it's not hard to do and that's why most people fall back on matching.

Do you LOL @ style > matching when the OP looks like they tried to match and failed?
I don't really get style avatars honestly. It's just usually a forum of non-matching in a sense. I think if people are going to claim they have style, then they better have style but more often then not they don't. Sometimes I do laugh or I at least think to myself WTF?! it's hard not to sometimes.

2 + 2 omg
      Oh, okay... Erm...

Do you smoke? If so, which brand?

What is your favourite cocktail to drink on a night out with the ladies?

Yes, Newports. (I plan on trying to quit soon, however.)

Jack & Coke, although I don't know if most would consider that a cocktail.

King Tearz IV
Cool sounds good.

What is your favorite brand of swingsets?

I had to look on toysrus.com

I have no idea but this one by Windsor looks pretty spiffy.

Teh DCB

User Image
What do you think of comments such as, "It has too many MC's," or "It has too many event items," ?

Well that comment can go 1 of 2 ways.
It can either be dead on or dead off, all depends on how the items are used.
If it really is just a pile of mc's & event then yeah it's gonna look like crap. However, if its a well thought out avatar that happens to include many MC's then that's when these comments be come uncalled for. Plus alot of times the comment can be made simply out of jealousy.

2 + 2 omg
      Apple vs Pear in a fist fight, who wins?

Hmmm... I think apple would have the popular vote in this area but I am going to go with the pear. Pear's are generally larger and heavier then an apple so if it's a fist fight I say PEAR FTW! xd

alhandra patchoulii
Ooh, question.
Do you think married life is going to result in less time on Gaia (minus the wedding/honeymoon, obviously)?

Nope not at all. I've lived with Matt since before I've joined gaia, and we have had our own house for the past two years now. So it's felt like we have been married for a long time now. He's a big computer gamer so we spend lots of time together in our computer room. He sits in front of his computer & I sit in front of mine, it works for us.

I don't think my time on gaia will really be effected until I have children, because they will obviously need & receive much more of my attention. So in two or three years you guys probably won't see me around as much. surprised

alhandra patchoulii
Ooh, question.
Also, what's it like to have a closed sticky now?

It's a little strange the original AT 101 was there since March 2004, so it was sad to see it go. However with the new subforum being created it needed to be cut down, and gaia is trying to make stickies a bit more official looking so the new one became locked. I was just happy that the mods gave me first dibs on re-creating a new one.

The biggest down falls is that 1. since it is locked I can no longer update it on a whim. I will have to PM a mod to make all updates needed. The second many older users often popped on and only posted in the 101, now I don't know where to find them. surprised Babs had originally moved it too the friends chat but I told her just to go ahead and recycle it... I didn't think it would of served much of a purpose in the friends chat. neutral

Crazy Owl
If you could turn one IRL item into a Gaia item, what would it be and why?

Roller Skates. >.< It's pretty much one of the few RL Item's I've been waiting to so see for a long time now. I have no idea why I want roller skates so bad, but I do. xd

Aisakumi
If candycrack was real, what kind of candy-drug mixture would you like candycrack to be?
Er, ex. Starburst + Dope

&& In your opinion, what are the most underused color themes that should be used more often?

Oh that first one is a very interesting question. Well since starburst are one of my favorite candies and I do love stars I think I'm going to go with starbust + crack... Although I'm also very tempted to say starburst + ecstasy but I think the first is more fitting since it is candycrack after all. So my final answer is Starburst + Crack.

Hmm underused theme you say? I think in general orange is a very underused color, with cooler colors so I would definitely have to say orange+blue & orange+purple are at the top of that list. I also think purple + gold is pretty under used as well.

Slaffter
I want to be apart of this. Seems fun.

And if we can still ask Candycrack questions:

Seeing in your style evolution that matching and balancing didn't matter in the starting days of the AT, do you know how the whole matching and balancing thing came to the AT? Who started? How long after the AT was created? Have you ever considered making an avatar without your Devil Tail since you got it? What are some of your favorite avatar styles/trends that you've seen here? Is there an item that you've tried to match or work with, but can't seem to make a decent avatar with it? What was the first avatar you made when Gaia changed the layering system so you could layer skirts with pants and wear multiple headgears? What's your favorite Evolving Item? And finally, what inspired your name and reasoning behind it and how long ago was this?

::apologizes for the multiple questions:: >.<

<3

Multiple Questions are fine, I'll just break them apart. heart

Seeing in your style evolution that matching and balancing didn't matter in the starting days of the AT, do you know how the whole matching and balancing thing came to the AT? Who started? How long after the AT was created?
*Runs Off To Peek Into Photobucket for approximate times*
Good thing my photobucket goes back this far. lol

Well the thing about when AT was first created was things were very limited. We only had 3 stores, default hairstyles and only one item per slot and there were very limited slots back then. Plus with only three stores, and minimal items compared to what we had today not too many items were very pleasing. We made due with what we had, and originality was key because you saw so many of the popular items over and over.

There was always hints of matching going on even in the earlier stages people just were not well for a lack of a better term they were not so a**l abut it. By Mid 04 as more items were released it started to become more common, by 2005 it was alot more common and it was the thing to do. Over the years with new items, new positions it just grew and grew because you had more options. Somewhere along the line it just got huge, people started getting a**l about it and it became the standard for the AT.

No specific person can be held accountable for it, it was just the general evolution of avatar creation that happened. Kind of a neat process to see over time I guess.

Have you ever considered making an avatar without your Devil Tail since you got it?
The were only 6 Occurrences in the early months of 04 when I didn't wear my devil tail.

User Image User Image User Image

All of these were made in March of 04 (Maybe 1 or 2 in April), I'm assuming since they start with St. Patricks Day & Stop before Easter. Since then I decided against it, if I didn't wear the devil tail the style & overall look just wouldn't look like me. I've consider it occasionally because doing the same thing over and over again can get boring, but I've been told I make it work. I've also been told if I ever don't wear it that it will mean the end of the world or something drastic like that. xd I also considered removing it for charity, but we never went through with the idea.

What are some of your favorite avatar styles/trends that you've seen here?
I really loved the non-matching trend that happened about two years ago. (Yes it originaly poped up in 2006, even though it seems not to long ago). I think the non matching trend was a great way to break from norm and be like "Hey, you don't have to always match people." Aside's from that I never really paid much attention to styles or trends, alot of the newer stuff I'm not all to fond of.

Is there an item that you've tried to match or work with, but can't seem to make a decent avatar with it?
For the most part no, if I like an item I will make it work. I'm sure I've had a delay or two before doing so, but I can't think of any specific instance where it was a huge issue. I'm sure if I tried to work with something I didn't like I'd have some problems, but only because it would be something I didn't like.

What was the first avatar you made when Gaia changed the layering system so you could layer skirts with pants and wear multiple headgears?
Here's the thing pants under dresses occured around May 04, Then came double head wear in Oct 04, Then By Dec 04 skirts were allowed over pants.

04 Fashion... Gotta love it.

What's your favorite Evolving Item?
The thing about evolving item's is that I only tend to like maybe one or two poses from each. I really love the bamboo from tama's basket, as well as the hair & eye's from the drome egg. I thought the biancamella overall was very pretty. But none of them have really wowed me overall yet. I'm still curious about the death whisper & urn however. But as of right now I really don't know about a favorite simply because none of them have really blown me away yet.

And finally, what inspired your name and reasoning behind it and how long ago was this?
The name is something that started around 2002, from a group of friends of mine. We were always calling each other crackheads at the time, don't know why really we just did. I was also always wearing kandi bracelets aka plastic beaded bracelets like ravers wear. From that I came up with candycrack, and from that name came the saying... "Sweet as candy, Addicting as crack." Which overall really fit's me as a person personality wise in many aspects.

Bebbo
Dear CC,

Why don't you like red juice? ninja

I've just personally never been a fan of strictly berry or cherry flavored stuff, it always bored me or reminded me of cherry cough syrup. I'll drink some red juice like we have this raspberry lime juice in our fridge right now that is quite good. However for the most part red juice tends to be things like cherry or fruit punch which I'm just not very fond of. I'm the same way with candy, I'll resort to not eating the red stuff thats cherry flavored or something just because it taste gross to me. Although I love fresh berries & cherries, the artificial stuff just falls short.

demondwarmeX2
Yo CC would you make sweet sweet love to me? <3

Sorry, but I can't.
I am an engaged woman now. xd

UnderworldTorrent

So CC, aside from roller skates, any items you're still waiting on after all these years?

Not really On Feb 10, 2004. I made a huge list of collected ideas for items people wanted and posted them in the Item Request thread. Alhandra recently pulled it up and posted in the OATG all the items I wanted have been made, with the exception of roller skates. So at this point in time there isn't anything else I can think of that I really want item wise. surprised

Tangled Puppet
      -jumps up and down-
      What's your take on the new inventory situation?
      The multiple pages for each tab and the items that have, at one point in time, been saved to an avi and shoved to the end of said tab....

Also, big congrats on getting engaged girl!

I completely hate it.
Not only does it take longer to load but it is just awkward to use. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if items I use didn't get shoved to the back. I don't understand why these items go to the back now as it completely ruins the concept of being able to arrange your inventory.

I really hope they fix that at some point, or if they could at least give us an option to use the older version of the inventory. If this is a permanent thing, I'm going to be really disappointed.

&Thank You. =)

Miss Oddly Charming Rhea
O: It's a candycraaack!

If this has already been asked then you can trounce me but.. what's your opinion on the new skins, and do you have a favorite, if any?

Well I'm not ready to get up and change my skintone yet, but I think it's a neat option to have. I think it's awesome for those who like to change their skintone to be able to just buy them now instead of having to delete their avatar everytime they may want to change it. I think the centaur ones are pretty cool, if they allowed me to use my devil tail with one I might consider it. However, because I highly doubt it will you probably won't see me sporting any of them anytime soon.

Sugar Slave
Im not sure if it has already been ask or not but is there one item glitch in layering that you miss. Such as the one arm missing from the longjohns when you wear them with other items.

I miss the bra under nightmare bustier. crying
Although that was more or a layering issue then a glitch I believe.
I also miss undies over tights and such.

Kuru-sama
Do you find it hard to go back and make avatars like you used to back in the day?

Not really, for the most part things just evolve given our new item choices. My style has never really left it's roots. Here's an example using some of my outfits using the skull hellmet.

2004 | 2005 | 2005 |

2006 | 2007 | 2007 | 2008
(All in order of oldest to newest)

Prince 0f Cats

I has a question for Mrs. Candycrack. 3nodding

What is your take on the issue of "Flow" in an avatar. Do you believe one colour or item should flow into the next or do you believe this is just a pseudo ideal. Do you rate based on the overall look, balance or "flow"? I'd love to hear what you think. 3nodding && Congratulations on your engagement!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I have always been one to rate on overall appeal. If an avatar does not appeal to me overall, then it's really nothing more then an average avatar or worse. I do however think flow is a very important part of overall appeal. If the item's do not flow together, then the overall look is not going to be very appealing because the items will look chaotic and out of place.

I look at balance from two different points. Balance can be done by color or weight. If an avatar looks like it is going to topple over then that is poor weight distribution. Color balance I only take into consideration If it is apparent that a person is going for a theme of matching. So overall I rate according to what style of avatar the person is going to but for the most part no matter of style overall appeal is my biggest concern.

& Thank You!

2 + 2 omg
      Favourite scent of candle?

Im going to have to go with cinnamon or vanilla.

Jibo Phoenix
What's your favorite drink to order poolside?

Last time I ordered a drink poolside was when I was in the bahamas and all I drank that whole vacation was pina coladas... Might of tried something else but for the post part that was it, they were so fresh and strong best pina coladas ever. I don't know what I would order around here however.

UnderworldTorrent

Have any favorite child hood board games?

I loved monopoly, I used to play it all the time. I think I have like 4 or 5 different versions of the game. When I was really young I loved candyland.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:05 am
Current ATer
demondwarmeX2

Ok, here I am. If you want to know anything about me all you need to do is ask. So this "About Me" post is really just filler for me I guess. Lemme think... Ampersands are cool. They are my favorite character on the keybo-OH CRIPES I'VE SAID TOO MUCH. Here is a special cosplay I made, and some art I've gotten.
User Image
Joe Strummer is more than any man has ever been, or ever will.
ref. pic Joe Strummer <3

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OK THESE ARE MY AVATARS IN ORDER FROM THE FIRST ON MY PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT TO THE LAST, WHICH MEANS I MAY NOT HAVE MADE THEM IN THIS ORDER although they mostly are
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Imagei ended up getting the headphones and making this but not saving it ):
User Image

Questions asked:

demondwarmeX2
ookami ashi
User Image
Hallo demond.
What's your favorite thing about the AT?

The sense of community. Despite everything the AT has been going through, we're still all great friends methinks. I am a sad panda when people leave though. ):

demondwarmeX2
[Vomit King]
Hey... Who is your favorite sibling in the AT? rofl

I don't have one. talk2hand
OH SNAP.
Just kidding brah. If it wasn't for you I'd never have joined gaia. <3
Also my style has been heavily influenced by you.

demondwarmeX2
UnderworldTorrent

Who do you look up to in AT?
Anyone's style you'd steal for a day?
Favorite item combo?

User Image

I look up to a lot of people, even today. I must say though, that the person I've always thought, "damn, how does he keep doing it?" is K!ng. He's just made SO MANY great avatars that my mind has been blown. srs.
I think Denna has the most style, I'd love to take a little bit of it. Hmmmmmmm gelfling essence.
And my favorite combo of all time is...
Clockwork Egg+TV Head+White Bowler Hat
User Image

demondwarmeX2
Aiko Afriel
What is your favorite item? Least favorite?
User Image

Sootface. Man do I love that thing.

My least favorite item... Well, maybe if I had a bigger inventory I could say that. But, one item I don't like on other avatars are those gold anklets. it just looks so, tacked on. D:

demondwarmeX2
Forgotten Mysteries

What inspired to join the AT?

lol.
My brother. Without him I wouldn't be here.

demondwarmeX2
candycrack

Those are some sexy avatars on the front page. rofl heart

What do you think of the new "style avatar" trend?

Well. It could be a good thing if more matching was involved. Mums the word on that matter, though.
Yeah they're pretty hittable. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

demondwarmeX2
Psychedelic Ecstasy

When you rate in the AT, do you prefer to be hard or soft?
Are you ever biased when rating?

It depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm REALLY angry when I go on the AT. At times like those, I usually make a rating thread and solely berate and insult every avatar that asks for it. -x/y abound.
then sometimes when I go on the AT i'm introverted, and don't really care. then i'm very lax and hand out 10s to anybody who looks good at the first glance.
My normal rates are moderately well thought out. I look at the avatar for like, 10 seconds, and then do up my rate, listing anything I found wrong with it whilst giving out some praise.
Biased? Well, maybe a little. I just don't see the what the unmatching craze is all about. Thankfully, nobody has come into any of my "Rating you!" threads with an unmatchy avatar. Man, would that be awkward. User Image

demondwarmeX2
2 + 2 omg
      Who do all your base belong to?

oldmeme is oooooooooooooooold.
but unfortunately, all my base are belong to U.S. gonk
demondwarmeX2
Ask The ATer
Lady Denna
What if your favorite item combination?
<33

lulz, i already said Denni! D:
ask another question, lovely. heart

HEY.
you aren't me!
d'oh.
demondwarmeX2
Lady Denna
Oooo..I should read the other questions.

Does
Marry me?
count as a question? <33

Edit: I know one.
If you could design one item what would you make? <33

Ok let's get hitched! User Image

I would make an inflatable Denna. >;D
but for srs, maybe an item that has every single item as it's poses, so if you're poor like me you can still make awesome outfits.
i hate my restrictions. >w<;

demondwarmeX2
Vivid Fizz
What item, if it already hasn't been, would you like to see be unisexed?

Uh, probably the *flare shoes. i always want to suggest them to females but i'm all like "oh wait", D:

demondwarmeX2
The Bagel
Do you have an outfit that you believe sorta made you break out and become noticed? Or was it just more of a gradual thing?

Definitely gradual.
It was especially hard to get people to know me as me, and not the brother of HoP. I think I've made quite the identity here. (:

althoooough... the gradual increase in rep started with my blue/black/white/gold avatar.

King Tearz IV
Is it fun being VK's bro?

Why are you so awesome?

Yeah, he's a pretty cool guy. He isn't like most older brothers, ie he doesn't beat me up. (:

I am awesome because I am carefree, yet I care for those I know. cool

Monsieur Moon
Got a secret
Can you keep it?
Swear this one you'll save

Why don't you look at me anymore when we make love? crying

I..I dunno if it's been asked, and if it has I'm sorry ;w;, but; Why did you join the AT? Was it because of your brother, or did it have an appeal to you, as well? When will we go public with our relationship?

Better lock it, in your pocket
Taking this one to the grave

lolwut?
Yeah, it was my brother. Good thing he got me hooked in 2006 because shortly after I started 4channing it up. That means I wouldn't have given this site a chance. ):
Who are you, and why do I have a boner??? <3

saryasaki
uhm question number 2
what does ur username mean biggrin

It means...
Well, nothing really. It's spelled wrong. And I forget how it's supposed to be spelled, lol.
Dwarme is supposed to mean sleepy in some language or another. That's the word that has the wrong spelling. My friends gave me that nickname back in like, fourth grade... Demon... Isn't supposed to be there. It's just tradition. :3
x2 is because I signed up to the site as demondwarme but gave a fake email account and i didn't bother to resend the confirmation crap to my real address.

2 + 2 omg
      Who is your favourite Disney villain?

Um... I really don't have one. I'm a guy.
But...
Cruela was pretty cool. She skinned puppies. heart

Monsieur Moon
Got a secret
Can you keep it?

Well, that's yet another reason to have sex with thank your brother. heart

One more question, who are your AT idols? As in, who did you worship when you first joined other than KiKer?

kiker k!ng, pants king, um, uh, er, ah, people. User Image

UnderworldTorrent

Demon, what's your favorite kind of cookie?

Chewy chocolate chip with little peanut butter chunks. *drools*

phosphOrlyescence
Do you do competitions or just hang out in le AT?

&& how does one get on le AT'er list?

I sometimes enter competitions. Like, right now I'm in the Battle Royal. Expect to see many people die from my baseball bat. >:]
I mostly just chill though.

Which list? surprised

TAGGG
          Hiiii

Do you like sweet potatoes? How do you like them used/done?

& You make an avatar your pretty proud then an avatar maker
          whom you admire doesn't like it, how ever do you react?!

Oh man. I love sweet potato fries. Smack a little salt on that and mmmm dat's sum good chickunz.
XD
why didn't you spell out that ampersand >:
King Lunchbox
that I always have handled that well. ONE time, I got a little miffed and said some things, but then after we forgave each other and that's that. xd

King Lunchbox
Do you think you and your brother will have an epic showdown in BR?

What do you want to do for a living?

What's the last movie you saw and what did you think of it?

I sure hope so. I'd break his kneecaps with my bat and then bludgeon his head so hard into the ground his molecules will combine with the dirt. twisted

I'm already doing what I want to do for a living. I fix computers in my local tech shop. It can get somewhat boring when I get stuck at something, but I eventually figure it out. And when there is a lull in his business my boss let's me play the nes on a computer. (:

The Dark Knight. It was bitchin' because it stayed true to the comics. Good ol' 300 director. :3

Accidie
If you found it necessary would you change my pitch up and/or smack my b***h up?

Do you ever pull epic pranks on your bro?

Yes. Yes I would.

Ummm, sort of. I have to think about this for a second. No, not anything epic. Maybe some little pranks here and there but nothin' special. I'm too much of a nice guy to be a jerk. ):

a m p l i f y x t a s y
DemondwarmeX2, Do you like Chocolate?
Do you like Ice Cream? [What's your favorite flavour?]
What is your favorite colour combination?
Do you have a lucky item? [i.e. Lucky Penny, Lucky Nickel, Four Leaf Clover etc]
Did you ever hear of Ramoli?
And to finish it off...
Do you know or recognize me?

Yeah, dark chocolate is a best. I love it when somehow combined with cherries too. heart
You're lookin' at the cookie dough masta. I do enjoy the basic flavor of icecream though. Vanilla.
My favorite color combo? Well, I like obscure colors blending together. It makes everything look all, weird and awesome. Like, cobolt and maroon. Or whatever. In short, I don't really have a favorite color combo. I do make a lot of monochrome avatars though....
Not really. I'm not the kind of person who believes in chance. Or, should I say, luck. If something happens, it happens. Everything is 50/50. Plus, luck is a fickle thing.
Probably, but I don't remember.
I've seen you around all the time. Did you get a username change or something?

Rock On Ronnie
User Image

Have you and HoP ever discussed your avatars or certain ATers IRL? xD
if not, you should randomly bring me up in conversation User Image
Would you want to change anything about the AT?
Whats your favorite cartoon show?

LOL. if anyone remembers SneekyLeef, there's a funny story. I met her at a different forum YEARS ago, even before I heard of the AT. Well, anyway, I was on the computer and my bro wanted me off, but me and SL were chatting on AIM. So, I said no. And he looked at the screen and said, "I bet you take it up the butt from SneekyLeef" and I feigned indignation and practically yelled "BUT SNEEKYLEEFS A GIRL!!!" and it stuck. Ryan still makes fun of me with that to this very day.
Also random ATers come up in conversation from time to time. But it's random so I can't just include you unless you do something worth talking to my brother about. :3
I'd want all the mods gone. Srsly. They piss me off. I want old/AT/ back.
I hate most modern cartoons. Frickin' crap is all it really is. Bring me back my Johnny Bravo, my OLD dexter's laboratory, Cow and Chicken, all the awesome 90s cartoons. My current favorite cartoon is The Simpsons, because cartoon network is s**t right now. ):

Forgotten Mysteries
User Image

Oh oh oh I have one...

Do you still live at the crib with the rents and with your bro??

And how different are you and VK in age???

Yeah, we live under one roof. Hell, call me Flavor Flav and give me a clock necklace. XD
I wont be livin' with my mom too much longer though, what with college and my future knocking at my door.
I'm eighteen and my bro is twentyone. It's only like a two and a half difference, not three. I'll be nineteen the next january. (:

Miss Oddly Charming Rhea
I feel out of the loop cause I don't know who you are D: So um... what colors would you like to see more of on Gaia?

I know who you are. >;D

I'd like to see more obscure colors floating around gaia. Like, pastal colors were cool. And I think that the colors should be more vibrant. Or less. Really, I just want more weird colors. :3

UnderworldTorrent

Favorite topping on your pizza?

Ever thought about visiting another ATer? (your brother doesn't count lol)

Any item you still want Gaia to make?

Well, I must say I really like spinache on my pizza, but sometimes I like to splurge and get bacon and other really fatty foods. (:

Yeah. Miss_Circlepit. Fat chance that'll happen now though. ):

Not really. I got mah gunz, and chest hairz, and such. I'm pretty content now.

Teh DCB

User Image
I'm sorry if any of these questions have already been asked:

How did you come up with your user name? {,or is it just one of those, "I just felt like having it" type names?}

Let's say you came to the AT on your own, i.e., not from your brother. Do you think your general style of avatars would be completely different or generally the same with maybe a few differences here and there?

Well, the first one has already been answered but...

I'd have to say I'd end up mostly lurking. I'd rate people from time to time, and sometimes chat, but really I'd just look at other people's avatars. I wouldn't bother with making my own.

alhandra patchoulii
I asked Phen this and like the question a lot:

If Gaia was a university and AT was your major, what extracurriculars would you be in?

Chinese food or pizza?

Dead end job paying 300,000 a year for say, making french fries naked in a basement (xD), or getting paid 30,000 to do what you've always dreamed of?

Probably none, I don't dig the whole "clubs" and such things. Sure I'd meet people with a common interest, but that doesn't mean I'd like them. I have my own group of friends to do stuff we have an interest in. We dun need no steenking club. ):

Chinese food. Damn that stuff is addicting.

But it's always been my dream to make french fries in the nude, under someone's home! D:

[Vomit King]
If the AT were a bottle and each ATer was a dripping mass of sexyness... Who'd be the one to make the bottle overflow?

What's your favorite handheld?

Who made the avatar that you'd consider the best you'd ever seen?

And lastly...
If the AT were a dead baby joke, which one would it be?

well seeing as how they're all the same dripping mass, it'd either be everyone or no one. ):

Gameboy Advance. lol. totally not what you were talking about, huh?

How many dead babies does it take to paint a house? Depends on how hard you throw them. whee

Maramas
demondwarmeX2
Maramas
Will you has muh babies?

the real burning question is will you have mine. wink heart
Ok, but only if I get to exploit them for child labor. 4laugh

Also for reals - If you made the greatest ice cream sundae of all time and you knew it was the best, then let a bunch of people taste it and your heroes all said it tasted like cow s**t and you should learn which bottle in the fridge is the chocolate syrup, what color would you paint the ice cream shop in retaliation? Ice cream sundae is a metaphor for avatar.

I'd color it red with their blood. twisted

the best vignette
lol mar that was a doozy of a question
dx: when did you first notice you were making a name for yourself in the AT?

Sometime shortly after my second year anniversary. :3

fluff monster
    question exclaim
    is there an outfit that you always come back to when you can't think of a new one?

ps i am back from alaska rofl

Ummm, not really. I usually have my avatar be the same for a long time, but then I save it and never revisit it. Well, sometimes I like to improve old avatars. Like my favorite. But I don't do improvements every time I have a creative slump! :3

Ask The ATer

Ask The ATer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:18 pm
Current ATer
UnderworldTorrent

Hey there folks, guess it's my time to shine xD
Name's Torrie, UT or even Undies if you're feeling mischievous. Been on Gaia for about 5 years, been in AT for roughly 4 (I say 'roughly' simply because I haven't the foggiest idea when I started coming here, I just know it was early). Gosh I don't wanna tell you all too much since you will all be answering questions, so on to the Avatars! (least the ones I have saved, are mine, and I love to pieces lol
In No Particular Order:

Questions asked:
the best vignette
torrie, who were your earliest AT influences?

Definitely Mehla and DavidWhy (with his first ever manwhore glitch), they really inspired me to work with what I got and always move forward :3

Forgotten Mysteries
Torrie, I know you are an old ATer and all, so how do you feel about us newer ATers, such as myself, Suitori, and Mazidox, etc??

Uh well truth be told I don't know much of you all to make a concrete feeling, but for the most part you all seem to be community oriented, which is an admirable trait.

kornerpocket

What's your favorite pair of Gaia shoes?

Mmm probably the Santa Baby Boots..you know the high, pointy toed boots? LOVE THEM

ookami ashi

Torrie:
How do you start an avatar? Do you throw on random things and then work around them, choose colors, etc?

I usually start with an item and an idea. That way I have a base point to jump off and mold, with the item providing an "anchor" so to speak.

demondwarmeX2

Yo Undies.
Why are you so into Yaoi? User Image
And, will you marry me?

Oh I dunno, it's just been one of my little girly pleasures I guess xD
And I'll put you on hold there bud wink

[Vomit King]

Hey Ash... If you could see through the eyes of anyone for one day... Whose eyes would you look through?

Also, what's your favorite nickname? ninja

Anyone? hm... I'd probably pick a scientist in Antarctica 4laugh I hear their toilets freeze!
And my favorite? I guess of my username I'd say Torrie, but of my real name Ash rocks out~

King Lunchbox
If we knew each other irl, what kind of wild adventures would we go on? pirate

Dude, we'd be like robbin' banks and stuff...yknow when we felt like it...otherwise I know a little somthin' somethin' about how to handle the caution tape in my trunk ninja

Quote:
Will we ever get to play pokemon together? xD

LOL
Good question xDD

Quote:
What's your favorite avatar that you've created?

Probably either Kitty Boy or the musketeer one with the black roses xD

Quote:
What's your favorite avatar that someone else has created?

uhh I don't know xD I've seen a lot that have like made me really react out loud but I barely save anyone's avatar xD I really liked Barbie's cavegirl with the club though *off the top of my head*

[Vomit King]
If you, me and Balo got into a subway with no lights... Who'd leave the tunnel with the most clothes?

Is it a clean subway? xD cause the ones here I would never even take my shoe off lol
If you mean on Gaia I'd say either Balo or me since we'd be trying to hard to undress you we'd forget about ourselves xDD

Quote:

How many tries would it take for me to get you fully dressed?

On Gaia? If I'm in a whorey kind of mood it could take a while lol

Quote:
What's your favorite color?

Probably this green I have on now~

Quote:
If there was a subtitle for your life, what would it be? (IE VK: The guy of the grunge)

Torrie: Clean and ready for blast off~

Aiko Afriel
If you were ever to try out one of the centaur or imp skins which would you choose and in what color?
User Image

Probably the bay/brown one of the centaurs~ I don't care for the imps much

Quote:
What is your favorite Gaia smilie?

Probably the cute one 4laugh I use it way too much xD
It would have been domo if he were still with us today ;(

Quote:
Which ATer would you most like to meet in RL?
Oh gosh...I dunno xD I did actually have a bit of a list going, but I haven't seen hide or hair of that thing in a while rofl

Quote:
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
I love a good cookie dough~

Quote:
Your favorite MC?

Probably the chain wallet or my demon horns xD Though I do love and have been meaning to get the new ones xDD

Quote:
Your least favorite MC?
Angelic Parasol

Quote:
Most coveted evolving item?
my Pico urn~ 4laugh

Quote:
Hardwood floor or shag carpet? wink

Hardwood with a semi-shag throw rug just like my real room cool

[Vomit King]
Last two questions for the day...
Do you feel honored being the friend of some of the most prominent ATers ever?

Kind of at first razz , but I mean it's not like they're that hard to get a long with xD

alhandra patchoulii
Torrietime!:
If the AT forum were to close, where would you go?

Probably Barton or GCD

Quote:
If Gaia were a university and AT was your major, what extracurricular activities would you be involved in?

uhh probably Roleplay club and Anime club xD
I'm such a nerd sometimes :B

Quote:
Lions, tigers, or bears? [Oh, my!]

Tigers...I would love to hug one someday and get one in full stride tattooed on my back 4laugh

Quote:
Hamster, gerbil, mouse, or rat?

Mouse

Quote:
Boxers or briefs?

Boxers

Prince 0f Cats
I'd like an ask rate please 3nodding &&

Question time:

Why do you think that other fourms & Gaian's have such a negative stigma about Ater's? Do you believe this outlook is justified?

Mildly reminds me of the Corpse Bride type zombies, especially in the face area. Not sure if you need that chain tail though, since it seems a touch off base in terms of item selection. Very dead frenchman and I like that feel of it 3nodding

I think that their negative opinion of us comes from the fact of rumors and unfortunately, genuine stories of neglect. As for the justification well, as I said before, those with real-time experience have all that they need *shrug* We're not always the best forum to be in xp

.[.Le-Ronnie.].

Which Gaia town do you like the best and why?

I do align with Durem mainly because of Edmund lol Not too happy with the majority of the other Durem fans, but I endure xD

Quote:
If AT was a musical, what would the title of your solo song be? [I swear I just thought this up XD]

"Luck be a Whore Tonight"

Quote:
Whats your favorite juice?

White Cranberry-Strawberry 4laugh

King Tearz IV
How do you feel about some ATers who have elitism?

It happens, and I don't really care that they have it *shrug*

Quote:

Has there ever been a time where you hated the AT?

Not really...though there have been times where I've been disappointed, which feels to me to be a bit worse.

Quote:

How do you make so awesome avis?

Practice xD

Quote:
Can I have your digits?

One day wink

ookami ashi

Time for some stupid questions. :B

Do you like maple syrup on your sandwich?
Do you like cheese with your chocolate?
Do you like soy sauce with your duck?
Do you like the meat juice from steak on your bread?
Is all this talk about food making your hungry? xD
Would you rather see a musical or a movie of the musical? Why?
Favorite song?
Favorite song turned avatar? :B

For questions 1-4, No xD
I've been hungry for a while now lool
Probably a musical since I rarely get to go to them (which is funny considering where I live lol)
Song? Probably Streetcar Symphony by Rob Thomas at the moment
I actually don't have one of those xDD

midnight kiss
●«__ hey there :]

how'd you come up with your username/how'd you decide on it.

numero dos. whip cream or melted chocolate if you had to lick it off someone ;].

Ah my username xD 2003 was what for me like 10th grade? Yeah I guess I was trying to be all dark and cool xD But underworld was taken and so was torrent sooo mrgreen

Whipped creme 4laugh

Jibo Phoenix
-Do you call any other forums home outside of the AT?
-How do you feel about the fact that most of the great male avatar makers are women?

At the moment I don't no
As for the second question, I can't say anything too horrid about it since I am one of them xd Nothin' like a woman's touch~
But yeah, it's not that bad considering the population on Gaia is overwhelmingly female *shrug* It's just a way of Gaian life

If any of that made sense then I'm happy xD

slutfayse
if u could change one thing about AT for better or worse, what would it be?

candlelit dinner or hamburgers on the couch? lol

I would most likely let it be...it's not my place to change our Forum, for it is not my own.

Hamburgers on the couch increases chance of movie watching >D

Jinchuriki
I have a question; Can I touch your boobs? (;

User Image
Well yes if you still have that picture you can touch the screen with them on it xD

Eleclya_Lusta
My, it is fiesty in here.

So, Mr. Torrent.
Are your avatar's pixels cold in that getup?
Might goosebumps be involved?
If so, how does one incorporate problems like goosebumps into the finished avatar smoothly?

It's a tad nippy but nothing he can't handle xD Goosebumps are only ever a problem when we're getting ready for a photoshoot. In the best situation, we pass them off as "arousal nodes"

Teh DCB

User Image
{@4; I'm a male. xp }

Torrie, if you had the chance of getting 5 million gold or having an entire Gaia plot {comic included} revolve around your avatars, which one would you choose?

If eighty-five people died, how many cheeseburgers did that one guy over there eat?

If you had the chance to steal someone's avatar style, would you take it? Whose style would you take? Why or why not?

The plot xD I'd find it interesting what people would think of my avatars and especially what kind of plot Gaia would draw from them
He ate 9, 8 without lettuce 1 with extra cheese.
I'd probably take yours, if I decided to anyway, It's a very unique style that you have a firm hold of and I think it'd be fun to try out. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with my own niche of creation 4laugh

Eleclya_Lusta
Oh and I have a "real" question and then I will attempt to go to sleep.
Ok so maybe it's more than one.

Do you think that the AT suffers from cliques?
What would your advice be to anyone new to the AT (or just shy, I guess - unlike myself, obviously) if they felt they had to break in to some sort of clique?
For instance, is there an AT lingo of sorts?
I'm asking this more for the outsiders and not so much for the noobs - so we can assume all of the basics of unwelcome behavior have been covered.
Finally - what attracts you to people on Gaia (avatars, wit, etc.)?

I don't think it suffers persay, but they do exist. If you're new to AT, hang around, don't be afraid to stick your neck into a conversation and use your common sense when thinkin' of where to plunge in. I don't think there's much of a lingo aside from abbreviating items or naming avatars xD
For me to be friends with a person on Gaia, they have to have somethin' behind the avatar that is chill. If they have a rotten personality I'm gonna avoid them like the freakin' plague because I don't want to associate or be associated with that type of person. I like to meet people that, if on the perchance I met them IRL we'd have a smashing time together, regardless of other variables.

TicTacsAreGoodForYou
Torrie 4laugh

What made you join Gaia and what drove you to become a regular in AT?
Favorite cake flavor?

I joined Gaia cause of my sister and because I was looking for a new place to hang my hat so to speak.
As for becoming a regular in AT...not much xD I mean, I knew I wanted to be a part of the community since a friend of mine at the time raved on about it, so I guess I just kept working at it xD

mmm probably Funfetti~ <3

King Lunchbox
What's your favorite video game?
What systems do you own?
Favorite Movie?
Favorite Song?

1. Whew boy uh..good question xD I really like Mass Effect and the Jak and Daxter series though
2. NES, PS2, PS3, GameCube, XBox360 plus my DS and PSP
3. Probably A Clockwork Orange or The Devil's Advocate...or Dark Knight xD
4. Right now I'm in a happy summer mood so it's Streetcar Symphony by Rob Thomas xD

[Vomit King]
Do you stuff your pants to get a bigger crotch bulge?

Can believe something you can't see?
Can you see things you can't believe?

Is there anything off kilter you find beautiful?

Haha no, 'fraid not xD
I can and have on occasion
And yes to the other one as well
Off kilter? I don't particularly think so xD

midnight kiss
●«__ Blueberries or strawberries?

How long do you think you'll stay around to see how gaia grows?

morning or night?

Wuz your naughtiest fantasy pirate xD

1. Strawberries, my favorite fruit 4laugh
2. Oh I dunno really, never thought about that
3. Morning...it's when I like to get a lot of crap done and out of the way
4. wink I'll never tell

Alteine
I'd love to ask the AT'er a question or two.

When you put together and avi, what usually goes through your mind? Is there a specific process? An item you focus on? etc.

Also, what are we doing tomorrow? haha.

<3

It's uh interesting, very reminiscent of the typical ugly queen type fantasy jazz...smooth jazz. Play it high and play it low baby, just don't have the spotlight on that weird a** face xD

I try to go into my inventory with an idea of what I want to do, what I plan to accomplish; whether it be using an item or fulfilling a theme.

As for tomorrow...uh I figure we get together like 1ish, maybe just hang around and have a movie/pizza (we could totally make our own!) day since it's supposed to rain...unless someone comes up with something better xD

Mismaru
Wow, I couldn't find the thread! :[

What is your favorite gaia store? What is the common you can;t live without?

My favorite store is probably H.M.Wesly (or how ever you spell it xD) and my common would have to be Those Black 90's gloves~ my favorite method of covering those crazy wrists 4laugh

Jibo Phoenix
What flavor lip gloss are you popping in your fanny pak? xd

Watermelon or boring old plain xD

Monsieur Moon
Got a secret
Can you keep it?

In a fight between all of AT ever, who do you think you could beat up? >> <<

also, hi. <33

Probably Shockies xD I love 'em but yeah I totally could xDD

slutfayse
another question & dunno if its been asked~

how did u come up with the bats/cave theme for the gaia office decorating contest thing?

& how did it feel to be recognized. (anything else u want to add on to that, please do) heart

reference pic lol~

Well a long while ago my father worked in cubicles and I remember visiting him at work and thinking it was depressing xD So I thought it would be fitting to have a dark and dank cave (complete with bats!) as kind of a poke at the nature of cubicles lol
It felt pretty cool to be recognized because I have to admit, I wasn't expecting mine to place at all;. Still, I was pretty giddy when I found out, and that they took a nice picture of my little idea card with my avatar 4laugh

Teh DCB

User Image
What's the craziest themed avatar you've ever seen? {that is; What was the theme?}

holy cow ummm...I'm not sure xD
I have such a horrible memory xDDDD

[Vomit King]
If a train leaves my house going 395 miles per hour and my window portal is flickering off and on... Which mode of travel to visit you would be safest?

Hmm...well the train might be better since the portal has the off chance of you being either sent somewhere else or just plain separated into pieces..though if functioning for just a moment would be the most effective way of getting to me ninja But you would be dressed on the train so hmm...that's a toughy

the best vignette
torrie, if the AT were destroyed [quelle horror!] and you were forced to take a holiday from it until the lovely mods fixed it
where would you hang out?

Probably Barton, GCD Guilds oooor maybe even Anime xD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:08 pm
Current ATer
the best vignette

hey AT, i'm the best vignette - also known as viggy, vig, v and gorgeous
i've been in the AT for about a year, so i guess you could call me one fahking sexy noob
i live in Brisbane, QLD, Aus. So if you also grace the land down under, give a shoutout
i'm pretty nice, just ask anyone, so go ahead
ASK ME AT!!!

User Image

Questions asked:

[love.bites]
User Image

How often to you change your hair?
        Do you attempt to always work that color into avs? Or do you ignore it, like people IRL normally do?

i usually only change it when i buy an item that doesn't really match many other items
the reason i changed hair last time was for my holly jolly socks
i suppose i shaln't change hair until i grow bored of the socks xP

&&i usually try to be really conscious of my hair [on gaia] actually
i have wigs [my fave is the bald nun one atm] that are a lifesaver on days i can't be bothered working with head matching

Maramas
User Image
♥♥♥♥

Viggy Wiggy!

How do you keep up the sexy, eh?

Also, what is the best wine for avatar making?

lolol!
keeping up the sexy isn't easy
it takes a lot of thought to look this good

[&&suspenders plus mole plus long drag usually help]

& i officially proclaim that the best wine for avi making is "Sunstone" which costs a neat ten bucks
its a nice fruity white which i can't help but love
being both fruity and white myself

UnderworldTorrent

Anyone's style you'd take for a day?
Any idols in AT?
Have and life ambitions~~? heart

i would steal Phosphorlyesence's style for a day
because its so intricate and hott
that or Winter Rain's
because she works a soldat cap like nobody's business

idols have to be cider and tsivy
both of them got me going in the AT at different stages in my gaianess
[although they may not know it]

and my life ambition is to teach drama at university
and to direct/construct innovative performance with my own company
xD

capin_morgon
User ImageUser Image

Are there any color/item combination you hate to see?
Any you love to see?

What do you feel is a grossly underused, yet pleasant item?

«none of these were asked were they? Lol»

i'm not really adverse to colour combos when they're done well, but most of the white + red ones i've seen have been pretty ordinary. as for items, none spring to mind at the moment, but i'm sure i'll slap my head as soon as i see an example of a combo i hate
mostly just sets then i guess

i love to see batache plus buckies plus nose of any description
&&cincher plus suspenders

i feel the little elephant doll i'm sporting is actually grossly underused
even tho it was a free item, its pretty darn cute
xD

[kara neko]
where does your inspriation start?
i know manyyy people, including i,
are dreading the new inventory hassles,
but do you start with a colour scheme? at the head? etc.
please tell♥

lol i always start with the head
i don't know why, but i suppose its because i have more head items than anything else
after i get the head to layer the way i like, i find something that matches or suits the look
usually the head items i use aren't really matching specific,so i add coloured head items after i've found other items that match the look

&& i'm not really dreading inventory hastles, only because i have a really rediculously small inventory

kornerpocket
You don't know
peace...

What's your favorite pair of Gaia shoes?

(I ask everyone that. xp )

...til you've had
suffering.

lol i love the yellow silly shoes
but they aren't the most practical...
sweatdrop
other than those, i actually really love the snuggies && the beat slims xD

Vivid Fizz
If you could be an item on Gaia, what would you be and why?

i would so totally be the suspenders
for obvious reasons
;D

Prince 0f Cats
As a self proclaimed "Newb" to the At do you ever feel intimidated by older Ater's or did you find yourself easily accepted into this little group. Did you have to adjust your ideals about avatar making when you began?

Also, what are your favorite items to use? Do you find that you use specific items time and time again? Are there any items that you must use?

heart

When i first started out i was extremely intimidated, but as i began to make friends, i discovered that a lot of them were in fact long time ATers in themselves
i've been really fortunate to mix with people who don't judge me by how long i've been here, but how i arrange my pixels and carry a conversation
i think my age and experience on other forum-based sites also helped with the transition to gaia, since i can't recall ever acting particularily noobish

as for items, i love my mole, donated by mazi <3
i don't think i've taken it off since i got it
&&i love the skin tone potions
only coz its soo easy to change without having to recreate my avi

Cacophonic Creature
What's you're most hated item combo?
As well as you most hated color combo? (Aside from the combos that are just overdone.)

i can't think of a really hated combo, because i've seen some real cliches done very well here in the AT
i think the most overdone combo in the universe is buckies plus clown nose
but i'm very guilty of it myself and can't help but find it adorable
*shrugs*
My personally most hated colour combo is white plus red. add any other colour and it doesn't really bother me that much, but i've just seen too many tacky white + red avis

[Vomit King]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hey Viggy...
Are there any AT standards you particularly dislike? ninja

hey vk xD
the standard that will always annoy me [but isn't really a common standard amongst the AT nowadays in my oppinion] is the "pfsht. n00bs. you can't succeed in the AT without at least 3 years under your belt". when i first entered the AT i was met by an enslaught of that attitude. what i didn't realise was that the people who were criticizing me weren't even AT regs themselves!
another standard that i'll just never get is the "20 items plus" rule. i mean, yeah i often do wear lots of items, but there are a lot of ways of making a very sexy avi in 20 items or less

King Tearz IV
I agree with your last answer so much Viggy.

Why is the best vignette your name?

What's your fave item on gaia?

Wuts your least fave tiem on gaia?

hey king xD
well, when i started on gaia my name was 'jesbabe' [an affectionate nickname given by my boyfriend]
but that just seemed a little too tacky and personal to me
so i was searching for a name, just using google and looking for words that jumped out
and oddly enough, whilst none of the google words did the trick, the song i was listening to [Up Against the Wall by The Whitlams] had the lyrics "...a packet of fags, a bottle of wine, the search for the best vignettes"
and i thought "oooh, i wouldn't mind being Tim Freedman's best vignette"
&&that was it.

my fave item in all of gaiadom is prolly my ginko leaf hairpin, any tavern wench cincher or my mole. i believe its a three way tie between all of them

my least favourite [to work with because i suck at it] is the ice tiara. only because i find it usually takes a couple of ice tiaras in an avi to make it work [and who has that kind of money? not viggy, thats who]
my least favourite items to see are any large, bulky gold items [i'm talking biancamella swirl things and headresses etc] and burning cities. a lovely dear friend gave me a burning cities for christmas but i just find it really hard to work with and in most avi's, unappealing

King Tearz IV
Interistinggg I never knew you were jesbabe.

Anyways one last one. Okay I lied maybe two I love asking questions.

Anybody you look up to in the AT?

What's your favorite thread to hang out in?

yeah, i only hung out in the AT for a few months as jesbabe, so most probably wouldn't remember me
but the good thing was that it wasn't a matter of letting everyone know i'd had a name change xP

i look up to so many ATers. cider and tsivy [i think i mentioned this earlier] were the ones who influenced me the most when i was still finding my feet, but since then i've taken ideas from winter, orly, mazi, iokia, maramas, vk, sher. basically, i'll see an item combo done well, then try it out myself. if it fails [like it usually does] thats okay, because it usually leads me down a different path and i have something entirely different to work with xD

&&my favourite threads are: [this one obviously], viggy presents, orly's ultimate ATA, AT Orgy and The Nuthouse

Forgotten Mysteries
User Image

Hey Viggy, I haven't spoken to you in a while, anyway
do you enjoy the family like qualities of the AT?

hey FM, you're looking very sleek today biggrin

you know, i really really do. i don't think i'd have hung around the AT as much as i do now if it weren't for the "everyone's related somehow && we love each other" kind of vibe i get. and i just love meeting someone new and going "ohai, i've never seen you before but you seem to be great friends with *insert name here*. i'm also great friends with *insert name here*. we should totally make a thread!"

Tsivy
User Image

Hey viggy! I adore you, as you know.
I don't know if you have already answered this, but how did you get to the AT? And did you find the community hard to break into?

hey tsivy, && you should adore me. i work quite hard to be as adorable as i am

i wandered into the AT from the charity forum, someone had posted a link to an avi contest they were in
i ended up joining the contest, and winning
and i thought "heeeey, this isn't too bad"
so i stayed
and i lurked
and i figured out how one acts and what one does in the AT
and taa daa! i am here!

&&the community was very welcomming once i got the hang of rating
lol, i guess we're all just narcissists on the inside xP

fluff monster
    what's your favorite color to work with?
    (dunno if it's been asked & i'm too lazy to read through the thread right now . _.)
    what's your worst habit?

my all time fave is leaf green
but lately my hair colour is the one i've been using most
xD

&& viggy chews her fingernails and humms at inappropriate times

redface

Millennium Falcon

Questions. Um.

What is your favorite theme to base your avatar around?

lol well i only joined in 07 so i'm no veteran xP
&& i'm fond of sexy as a theme and street style
but usually i go theme-less
if a theme ever does occur, its usually through accident
xD

Eleclya_Lusta
Hiya Viggy.
I absolutely love your style - and your current avvie.

Questions:
What is the longest amount of time you can remember spending on finishing an avatar?
Do you frequently find yourself using Gaia as a tool for procrastination, or are you good at time management?
What is your most embarrassing moment in the AT?
(If you can't think of an embarrassing moment or REALLY don't want to share it, I will settle for a funny AT story.)

^_^

lol why thankyou

q1. umm... probably about half an hour? to be honest, i never make an avi i like straight away. i usually make a relatively average one, then save it. then maybe a few days later i'll think up something to add/take from it. then a few days later i'll tweak it some more, until one day it just works. xD

q2. gaia = procrastination. i'm absolutely dreadful when it comes to time management.

q3. lol, i think my most embarrassing moment in the AT was in one of my first weeks when i posted "where do you buy the cute little kitty cats? coz i checked all the shops and i can't find them anywhere. also, do you think 4000 would be enough?"

yeah
sweatdrop

ookami ashi

So Viggy:
If all of a sudden your inventory blew up, and you could only save two items, what would they be?

cool bwards avi xD

hmm
thinking practically i'd say my d'anklets and my mythic halo [yes, those are my most expensive items in my inno xP] so i could buy something decent to clothe myself
but thinking sentimentally i'd save my long drag and my suspenders. the long drag was donated by the lovely mazi and the suspenders were donated by an anonomous ATer, keeping me in suspense forever xD

[Vomit King]

Hey viggy... How much wood could you chuck if you could chuck wood?

by my calculations...

exactly eighty-two and a half pieces of wood

Ask The ATer

Ask The ATer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:18 pm
Current ATer
Vivid Fizz

Hiya, this is Fizzy here. I have been in the AT for nearly four years although I had to take a hiatus for nearly a year due to basic training and AIT, so I am not as well known as some other ‘04ers. I love the challenge of a themed avatar and during the last few months have shifted towards them more than the match Naziness I used to have. Unlike everyone else I haven’t got any avatar pictures to put up yet. I will try to get some through the week though so you can enjoy them.

User Image

Answer: Normally that is decided depending on what theme I am trying to go for at the time. If I am doing something bloody, I’ll load up on tattoos and various items that resemble blood drips or tears in the skin. Other than that I try to stock up on commons and update my wardrobe when there is a new store update.

Questions asked:

DAFT-BOT
Question: What do you prefer being called? Vivid, Fizz, Fizzy etc.

heart
I am not too picky about what you call me. Most call me either Vivid or Fizzy and I have been called ViFi. I suppose I like Fizzy the best though.

Just don’t call me Fuzz. People used to do that all of the time and it got on my nerves.

Teh DCB

User Image
What are those goggles on your head?
The goggles are an item from the zOMG box. I got mine from the market place though. I can’t remember their name but just type in “goggles” in to the search and the item should pop up.

slutfayse
who were ur biggest influences when u first started out?

whats ur fave hairstyle?

what advice would u give to new(er) ATers?

where do u get ur ideas for those awesome themed avis u make? * 3*

heart
That is a difficult question. My style has changed so much that I suppose I have drawn on different people at different times to help me get a long. I remember when I first started out that I just threw on stuff that matched and that seemed to make people happy. There was no real inspiration to it or copied style. When I came back from training though I think that I was influenced by Jibo, even though I didn’t chat with her much, and currently I am in love with Barbie’s style.

My favorite hairstyle is the one that fits best with the theme I am going with.

I would tell the newbies that not to listen to the negative things that pour out of people’s mouth in this forum. Some can be a little rude with their opinions and not give out good advice for it. But, on the flip side, when someone offers an idea to improve the avatar and it seems valid, don’t blow it off. You are asking for help and it is hard to offer advice to people who refuse to take it.

They come from the magical unicorn in my brain that flies out of my nose and whispers the ideas in to my ear… actually, no… I don’t know where most of my ideas come from. They just come to me and then I wait for Gaia to release the appropriate items.

Zero Harpen Voxx
[If i got cut, would you kiss my buubuu?]
You know I would, cheeky. heart

King Tearz IV
Fizzy:

Do you like making theme avis?

What thread to you like to hang out in (not yours)?
I adore making themed avatars. I think that they carry a certain personality to them that matching alone doesn’t provide most of the time.

I like the Brass Barge quite a bit and used to visit Mystical Angel Eyes in her thread. Every week or so I will pop my head in to the Surrealist Avatar thread too.

Iokia
Credit me with some intelligence.
If not, just credit me.

When you started out, were you intimidated by anyone there? surprised

Who do you think you took the most influence from (past and present)?

Light meat or dark meat?

I come in value packs of ten
In five varieties.
Yeah I was. I poked my head in around the time when it was cool to be mean to people, which is why when I see it in a thread I am in, I point it out. I can’t remember the name of this person, but I remember I used to ducked out of threads just because that person was there. Bah. I had no backbone.

Past and present? A lot of Jibo’s looks inspired me and currently Barbie and Aiko do it for me.

Dark meat, bby, all of the way.

King Tearz IV
How long does it take you to create an avi?

If I want it to be really good, it will take hours. I preplan avatars before I make them but even then I always tweak and modify certain parts to make sure everything is alright. I wish I could throw a good avatar together in a few minutes like some can.

Forgotten Mysteries

Hello Fizzy, what are your ambitions in life??
My ambitions in life? Well, after my up and coming to deployment in Iraq I plan to go to college for physiology or psychiatry while doing the ROTC. I want to get either my Masters or Doctorates in the field and hopefully I will be able to become an officer within the Army.

I also, although this would be impossible, to become a professional writer. I just haven’t the ability to finish a story because I get too wrapped up in dialogue.

King Tearz IV
Thanks for the answers. I'm gunna ask more to control my boredom

Do you have any pets? If so how many and what?

Now some this or that

Clutter or Simplicity?

Original or Creative?

MC's or EI's?

AT or Chatterbox?
I don’t have any pets but the people I live with do. They have four dogs. Two are mutts, one is a miniature schnauzer, and the other is a pug.

Simplicity
Both. I like having my cake and eating it too.
EI’s
And, AT, of course.

Ruphus
START at the BEGINING

Hello Vivid.

I have the most important question you can ever ask someone...

What are your top five favourite films?

and when you come to the END, STOP
The Little Mermaid
The Pursuit of Happyness
Night of the Living Dead
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut

King Tearz IV

Okay still controlling boredom.

Wuz your fave song of all time?

Do you consider me and you friends?

Can I get your digits?
I haven’t got a favorite song of all time at the moment. I am quite fond of The Eagles version of Hotel California though.

I do consider you a friend.

And no; I am going to be turning off the cellphone service shortly because of the deployment and won’t be reachable by home phone for that same reason.  
Memorable Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff