Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Midnight Meadows (memorial garden) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MidnightLetter
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:51 pm

Since Samhain is a time of honoring our Ancestors I thougt I'd move this thread in here as part of our Sabbat celebration.

This is a place to honor those who have passed on. Feel free to post pictures, quotes, details of their lives, etc...

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:57 pm
slam-skull
Killed in action in Afghanistan on September 25, 2005. May he rest in peace.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I hereby declare this a place in which to honor those Wiccans who died in combat or passed on after serving in the military. This is not just for Americans, either, but for Wiccans who served any country. Anybody may add names to this list or just add comments in order to pay their respects.

A. Douglas Wilkey, American, died in 2003, served in Korea and Vietnam
Jerome Birnbaum, American, died in 2005, Korean war veteran
Stephen P. Snowberger III, American, killed in action in Iraq 2006
Abraham Kooiman, American, died 2003, served in World War 2
James Price, American, killed in action in Iraq 2004

xXx kitsy xXx
hey, well...
this is my paternal grandfather, raymond craft, he died after i moved up to michigan, so i never got to say good-bye. he was in the air force, but i'm still putting him here.

User Image

if anyone's interested, as of may 8, 1992, he had spent over 10,000 hours in a C-5. he was colorblind, so i'm pretty sure he wasnt a pilot at any point. i dont know if he was ever in a war or anything. he retired in '92, but he still worked as a mechanic on the planes. he retired as msgt. he was awesome, and really didnt like his picture taken. he sailed, and loved the water. he had cancer, which was partly his cause of death, but in reality, he died from pneumonia because his immune system was so weak, in 2002.
(and yes, that little girl is me, and this was taken shortly after he retired.)

Skadi-The-Elf
And 2 others: Melody, who was my best friend from childhood, who perhaps was the first one to introduce me to and influence me to become Wiccan, who died at the age of 32. On February 10, 2007. And My cousin Mike, who was the closest I had to a brother, who passed in September 25, 2005 at the age of 40.

too2sweet
User Image
my mother - Molly...died Aug 7, 1998

my aunt - Patty...died April 2, 1997

my grandmother - Jayne...died November 1, 1999

meindrea
my twin friends's dad Chris Turner, he was like a dad to me.. 04/12/2008

Skadi-The-Elf
User Image
My beloved mother who passed on last month. Though she was Christian, she still loved me and was opened minded enough to let me live and worship as I wished, and even admired some aspects of it

Now her troubles are gone and she is free to fly. When she choses her next incarnation, I hope it is as my child so I can return the unconditional and eternal love she once provided me with.

And my grandmother who passed away on january 5th, 2000, one week exactly before my 26th birthday. She raised me too, and was as much my mother as my own mom.

MidnightLetter
Vice Captain

MidnightLetter
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:05 pm
WitchyBoy
may the summerlands greet him warmly.

Skadi-The-Elf

They have a special place in my heart. I served in the army 4 years, and was in when Wicca was finally recognized as a religous affiliation. It was in the army I performed my first spell, and met other Wiccans who helped encourage me. I wish my brothers and sisters an enjoyable stay in the beyond, and blessings in their new incarnations.
I noticed that Sgt. Stewart was killed the exact same day my cousin Mike died.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Tempest Smith
Died in 2001

May she always be remembered. And let us remember that it's never right to ridicule someone's beliefs.

I remember Tempest Smith.
I remember that it's never right to make fun of someone's beliefs.
I remember that sticks and stones can break my bones, but names are
words of power that can wound the soul.
I remember that many mocked - and one died.

I remember that it takes all types to make a world.
I remember that nature likes biodiversity. This is true of beliefs and ideas as well.
I remember that I make a better witness to my own beliefs by simply living them, not belittling others.

And I remember that another person’s belief (or non-belief) is just as sincerely held as my own.
I remember to have the courage to say, "Hey, that's not right," when I see someone being ridiculed.
And the next time I am tempted to go along with the crowd and tease someone who is "different," I will remember Tempest Smith, and I will remember my pledge

Amita Sheera

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:51 pm
User Image
This is my grandma, Marilyn. She passed away on April 6, 2008; 10 days after her 76th birthday.
It's still hard to be without her. I wish I had saved a voicemail from her on my phone so I could at least still hear her voice. I'm afraid that if I forget the sound of her voice, I'll forget her.

Gods this is so hard to type out.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:10 pm
im memory of my grandma marry margret blancherd
great grandfather "smokey"
and a good friend marry broad.
we all miss you very much crying  

The gypsy Queen

Autodidactic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:55 pm
Justin,

I didn't know you too well, but I felt like I did. You laughed at life's hardships. Your daughter was your pride and joy. Know that, even though you were not my biological brother, you were a brother to me. I felt I could talk to you because nothing could shock you. 22 is too young to die. We all miss you and think of you daily. We will always remember that summer night, 5 months ago. It still feels like yesterday.

We love and miss you. I lit a candle for you the night you died, and it will forever burn in our hearts. You will live forever.

See you 'round, Just.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:31 am
Dedicated to my daddy.

User Image

That picture is of the two of us, just months before he passed away. I never really got to know him, but my connection to him has always been strong.

As his daughter I see him in me all the time, and that is how I know him.

Here's hoping we meet in another life daddy.

July 17, 1988

Jernni

Sparkly Millionaire

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:47 am
It's Walpurgisnacht where I live, and a night to honour the dead.

Hail to the ancestors! Hail the glorious dead!

This month we gave due honour in particular to two Heathens, Erik the Red and Leif Erikson, so I thought I'd mention them in particular.

Erik the Red founded the colonies on Greenland, and stayed loyal to the Gods even when his Christian wife refused to sleep with a husband who remained a Heathen. (Poor bugger.)

Leif Erikson founded Vinland, beating Columbus to America by centuries. Leif Erikson Day is a nationally recognized holiday in the States. And it was totally mentioned on Spongebob.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:53 pm
My father - 1959-2003 I hope that he got the picture of my daughter I left for him. I hope he is finally at peace. I forgive him. I love him. I have dreams where he pretends he's not dead. You don't need to protect me anymore, I know you love me and that's what is important. <3

Dustin - 1978-2003 I know you knew it was coming, but it was too soon. That wreck totaled more than your car. I'm sorry about your funeral. (Lots of talk about him at church camp and everyone called him by his middle name. He kept squeezing my shoulder. He hated that.)

Richie - 1983-2003 You took the light with you and left them all blind. We will be there for Jeremiah if he ever needs us.

Cassie - 1987-1987 I didn't know you but I've always felt you. I have forgiven myself for not saving you. I was a child and halfway across the country. I still wish I could see you now.

Thank you for this thread. heart  

Lotus Poem

wiccan of the moon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:11 pm
In memory of Lita Marie Henson, unknown to gaia. from June 6, 1989-Feb 12, 2003. 13 years old, my sister.
She didn't believe in Wicca, but she had the power of a true Wiccan. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:05 pm
In memory of my father who passed away Feb 11th, 2006 from Multiple Sclerosis. I know he is in a better place and is no longer suffering.  

Angelbaby In Love

Angelbaby In Love

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:07 pm
In memory of my hubby's grandmother who passed away on Feb. 11th 2009. May she rest in piece.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:04 pm
I know she isn't human, but her death was very painful emotionally. I went to the local animal shelter and adopted a beautiful little doberman shepherd mix. I named her Iris. Only a week after I had gotten her, I had to take her to the vet to put her down. Because I believe the people at the shelter are stupid, they put a dog with distemper into the same kennel as mine, and hence my puppy caught the disease and died. It wasn't until a few weeks later that I went to the store and found a little crystal memorial that actually said, "Iris, the flower of February is believed to be a symbol of sincerity, security, and peace of mind." My birthday is in February so I feel that, even though she's gone, Iris was a big part of my life.  

Emerald_Angel28

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:22 pm
RIP Nana.. 1925-2007

The last time I saw her I was 8, and I was leaving to go live with my aunt. I promised her I'd see her again soon.. and I never saw her again. She went to live with her sister. I didn't even get to see her at her funeral, she was cremated.
I guess I wish I could say that I'm sorry I didn't keep my promise.. and I miss her very much.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff