Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:04 pm
What was the last book you read? Review and Rate it!

Last book I finished was Dan Brown's Deception Point. The story and attention to detail are amazing as always, but if you've read any of his other 3 books, you know exactly how the plot is going to twist. Still, worth reading if you liked Angels and Demons or Da Vinci Code  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Last Book I read was Warriors: Firestar's Quest.

It's the transition book between the First Warriors Series, and Warriors: The New Prophecy. A good book if you've already read the 6 books series of Warriors, by Erin Hunter. If not, then you must read the first series first.  

XV - Shadowed Mistress

Eriwain
Crew

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:12 pm
User Image
I wasnt really a fan of Dan Brown. I got through all 4 books in a couple of days and I cant say I was impressed. I did like the one in Seville though, since i'd just got back from Seville when I read it biggrin
I am such a book whore. our library has canvas bags for £3 that you can stuff full of with drawn books for keeps. I am reading this http://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Artificial-Woman-Thomas-Berger/dp/0743257405 and its pretty good so far. I spend too much of my time reading Pratchett and Gaiman really. And the Babysitters club

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:14 pm
The latest Tea-Shop mystery by Laura Childs.

I also read a lot of the last chapters of books when I catalog them at the library, but I get yelled at for that. It's cheating.  

Salmay
Captain

Ehstelle

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:15 pm

TUNNELS - Roderick Gordon , Brian Williams
--------------

The best book i've read in my life.

Thats all I need to say.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:19 pm
The last book(not comic book) was Dragons blood by Anne Mckathery (i think thats spelt right!) 8/10 PERN rules  

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Tamei Dukes

O.G. Dabbler

11,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lord of the Flies- 7/10
I really hated how it ended and how Simon was killed.
Desirable daughters- 9/10. I wanted Tara to get back together with Bish but that wasn't answered. It was a good read though.

My favorite book that I've read this year was Beastly the modern story of "Beauty and the beast". I loved it 10/10. Haven't read anything better since.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:36 pm
User Image

For the love of god! Please spoiler it! crying

Eriwain
Crew

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:00 pm
The last non-comic I read was This Republic of Suffering by Drew Gilpin Faust. I wonderful book about death and the civil war. It talks about the death and burial of soldiers, the rise of embalming and the tole on families. It's a great book for those interested in the American civil war or people like me who are interested funeral practices of the 19th century.

It's a bit of a dense read, took me forever to get through, but quite fascinating.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:57 pm
Last book I read was The Dark Tower: The wastelands by Stephen King.

His books are masterpieces really. Totally different from other reads. Unless your mind isn't clear you won't be able to catch the depth of the writing and when you do the next corner you walk around you see things that reminds you of his books  

Syphirone

Beyond Betrayal

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:20 pm
User Image
Beyond Birthday had the eyes of a shinigami since he was born.
He knew your name before you said it.
He knew the time of death of every person he met.

I agree, Stpehen King is a great writer.

I just finished re-reading his book "The Stand." It's about a disease that wipes out most of the population and the effort to rebuild society while being challenged by an opposing side that has evil purposes.
I suck at explaining things, the plot is much better than I can describe xD

...I hardly need to explain just what effect
this would have on his personality.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:14 pm
I have to say his most recent book The Cell was one of the scariest books I have read in a long time. It only took me four days to read but two of those days the book was hidden under the couch 'cause I was too freaked out.  

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

dyke dyke goose

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:21 pm
<******** to kill a mocking bird. 1/10 epic fail. i hate it. . .but i also read Twilight which wasnt bad. i think its a little too hyped though. 8.5 out of 10

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:21 pm
I try to read Stephen King books. I don't know if it's because I'm just too dumb, but I can never finish them.

But the last book I read was The Host. It's pretty good. I read it in like two days.  

Rubican

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces