Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Have you ever been corrected by a "txt tlker"? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever been corrected by a "leet speaker" or "txt tkler"
  Yes
  No
  u gt pwnd lol n00b
View Results

mdarkcecil

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:18 am
Sad thing is I have. I made a spelling mistake on a custom stage for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The stage was "None Leeve" when it was supposed to be "None Leave". My friend immediatly corrected me, after I had gone so long without noticing. I responded, "it's a much harder word than "you" which "you" can't spell right, if your life depended on it."  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:22 pm
Wow...talk about insignificant. sweatdrop

I don't really think you tried to L33t speak. Probably more of a typo.

But, you really didn't have to 'pwn' them back... sad

User Image~ Nusi

Nusi

Black rose shika

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:14 pm
Yes, I have been corrected by a "TXT TLKR". The text talker was my teacher ! I mean she is very,very annoying ! She even makes up her own text words.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:50 am
I have... Though, the person spelled it wrong.

Actually, it was the word Color, which I spell Colour, in the British fashion. I was told to spell in the American fashion, though the person spelled it colar.

Wow...

Psychotic Daizy Dukes

O.G. Gekko

Addie-Lynn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:45 am
Nina Orusa

Actually, it was the word Color, which I spell Colour, in the British fashion. I was told to spell in the American fashion, though the person spelled it colar.

Wow...

What the ******** so, i would have slapped the person. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:30 pm
I have made typos when I type fast to someone, whom I barely could understand because they type like txt and omg to the point where it was not even readable-just code. So, I made this little simple error and all of a sudden they corrected like they have been typing normally the entire time. It's really annoying, but it has happened a couple times to me.  

Dragon Razikale

Relentless Dragon

13,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200

mdarkcecil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:40 pm
Yeah when the purpose mis-spellers do it, it's not a crime. However, when we mess up, the universe explodes. Could this be irony?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:06 am
That happened to me once...
I was in Rally, and some noob was spamming "Every1 hre iz an idiot!" etc. so I yelled out "*whatever his name was* is a lier!"...not realising I had spelt it wrong since I was so BRAINDEAD...so he yells out "ROFL Darkness its LIAR"...
So I, in my defence, said "I know, but my A key is broken."
Then I realised that I had used my A key and promptly logged off for a while...I felt so embarrassed...  

Darkness Sierra

Falhalterra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:41 pm
Nope, never been corrected by one of their kind. razz

If I do make one mistake...they always pass it up. So it's quite funny.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:40 am
I don't pay much attention to that sort of thing. But usually, if you aren't constantly correcting people, they won't do it back to you.

I guess it's karmic.

But yeah, I wouldn't be offended. It sounds pretty amusing... I mean, some dude who can't type to save his life correctin' one of y'all?

That's when you respond with: R U SRS? omfg i totaly didnt realise tht i maid a mistake so lik, ty 4 corecting me LOL!!!!!!!!

And after that you type how you normally do.  

Tengaii

mdarkcecil

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:20 pm
You have a point there, but one thing that really makes me snap is "teh" I don't know why, but it just does. Almost any "lol speak" makes me snap.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:07 pm
Nina Orusa

Wow...
Now that's just sad.  

Kairi_12

Dodger Gunning

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:18 pm
Black rose shika
Yes, I have been corrected by a "TXT TLKR". The text talker was my teacher ! I mean she is very,very annoying ! She even makes up her own text words.

That's just sad on twenty different levels. Teachers who "TXT TLK" should have their licenses revoked.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:45 pm
Nina Orusa

Wow...
That person must be either very young, or very uneducated.  

Dez Nihvet

Dapper Elder

Natsuri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:39 pm
Talk about calling the kettle black. confused

I was only warned by one of my friends not to point out her chatspeak. The username will not released for personal reasons, of course. Otherwise, nothing past that extent. smile  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff