Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
Gay marriage Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The gypsy Queen

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:50 pm
"The California Assembly voted Tuesday to allow gay and lesbian couples to marry, making the state's legislature the first in the nation to deliberately approve same-sex marriages"

"Massachusetts regulations were passed by order of the state's courts, which ruled that a ban on same-sex marriage was unconstitutional."

~

By Joe Dignan and John Pomfret
Washington Post Staff Writers
Wednesday, September 7, 2005; Page A01

Who else is excited?
-raises hand-  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:15 pm
*raises with you*

I think that is great. I just hope it goes out further in the future.  

Foxmore

Devil_Heart_Cry

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:27 pm
Yay! I am sooo happy that this is now allowed! :] I believe that people have the right to love whoever they want to! :]  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:19 pm
well, at least some people are gaining some sense. i mean, who you fall in love with is who you fall in love with. and people in love (usually) get married. saying that people can't marry their love is just plain mean and really old-fashioned.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

The gypsy Queen

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:35 pm
ageed.
theday after this was done some classmate were saying how they were embaressed to be in california... burning_eyes
one said "well, cant they call it a union instead of marrige?"
i said "why should they downgrade cus people like you dont agree with them?" razz  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:05 pm
I practically jumped out of my chair when I found out I was so happy. I was on yahoo for like an hour looking at pictures from the rally's and such. It made me so gleeful. =)

I actually read the news headline aloud to my step dad. xp  

vesta_vesves_star

Rainbow Holocaust

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:49 pm
I'm totally excited!
Though... A lot of my friends will probably be moving soon XP  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:30 pm
hey, a small step for equality agian. heart yay!  

The gypsy Queen

Little Raven Girl

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:02 pm
I'm happy that people can now realize that people should be allowed to fall in love with anyone they choose.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:54 am
It's a good thing that people have realized that people can fall in love with anyone they choose. Although.... My friend could be moving. That'd be sad.  

clandestine sheep

goddess_elppy

Feline Fairy

8,475 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:28 am
Just because I'm a nitpicker... The issue isn't about love, it's about marriage. Far as I know, there's no law on the books stating that men are not allowed to fall in love with men. Falling in love and being married are two totally different things.

That being said, I'm actually really glad that states are finally passing laws allowing it. I think it's a bit ridiculous that people are descriminating against who people want to get married to. I don't think it's going to cause a whole 'slippery slope' where people will be demanding to marry their goat, or take dozens of wives or husbands (though I don't see what's so wrong with that so long as everyone is taken care of, but whatever, that's not the issue at hand). If people want to get married because they're in love or whatever reason, they should be allowed to get married.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:29 pm
Not too long ago people of different races weren't allowed to get married. Hopefully the next generation will look up at us with bemused expressions when we tell them that people of the same gender couldn't get married back in our day.

That and Pluto used to be a planet, but that is getting off the subject. xd  

Foxmore

Siren Stern

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:13 pm
It's ALWAYS glad to hear news like this. I'm very happy for the American gays who'll be able to get marry now.

I hope someday Brazil do the same thing.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:35 pm
marriage should be about love not what sexuality you are.  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Kawasima

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:10 pm
I agree with legalising gay marriage, but here is the issue. Gay marriage is legal here now, but it is going on the ballot. Most Californians are against gay marriage, and intend to vote against it in the next election. Therefore it is legal NOW, but will not remain so for long. This makes me ashamed to live in California.  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games