Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sounds fun?
  Yes
View Results

da_rhyno

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:13 pm
This all started this past Thursday.

Thursday night I started having what felt like gas pains and abdominal pains, and didn't sleep too well that night. Friday morning I took a supplement that I thought would help with that, and I ended up vomiting everything I ate that night and then some until I had nothing left in my stomach. I felt horrible with those abdominal pains wrapping around to my sides and lower back. So I ended up calling my dad and he told me to call my doctor. I called my doctor and he said "Go to the ER."

So I drove to the ER, nearly passing out on the way. By the time I got in my van, I was done vomiting and when I had got there I felt like I defeated the purpose of going there, however I wanted the pain to stop so I decided to go through with it and tell the doctor and nurse* who was there to take care of me everything that happened. I told them that this same sorta thing happened a month ago (which it did), and back then they scanned my lungs mainly then and said nothing was really wrong. So (back to the present) they had me hooked up to an IV with pain killers and nausea medicine and she said that they were gonna take a cat scan of my whole torso.

After a while I went through the cat scan and then the doctor came to me after they got the results and she said "You have appendicitis! We're going to have to take out your appendix." And I was like "You're kidding me!" And then she said "No, I wouldn't joke about something like this!" And then I said "Geeze, I was hoping you were joking with me about this!", and so I called my parents to let them know and then I waited for the surgeon to come by.

He did a physical examination when he did come by (which included me jumping up and down, him feeling my stomach and checking my breathing, and checking my rectum by feeling it), and the results of it contradicted your normal appendicitis patient according to what he said (he even asked me where I worked because I seemed to be in such good physical condition). So he then asked me if I wanted to go home for the night or stay so they could keep an eye on me.
I decided to stay.

So I layed there and rested and waited for a while and then the surgeon came back unexpectedly and decided to feel my stomach again to check for any tender spots. This time he hit the spot right on the appendix and it hurt. So then he decided to operate on me forty-five minutes later, which before then I called my parents again and let them know. I waited for a while until my nurse came by and then I told her "My only regret if I die today is that I was anally raped by a surgeon's finger in front of such a pretty girl." she then giggled and said she was told that a lot.

I was then pushed into the OR, and there were a few nurses** there who went over standard protocol and procedure with me and what was going to happen. So then they gave me a covering for my hair and pushed me into the OR. I was nervous, of course, as to how the outcome was going to be, but they gassed me and I fell asleep.

I woke up what seemed like a minute later which was actually an hour or two later. There were two nurses in the room I woke up in, a woman who looked to be in her forties and a guy who looked like he was gay. They made sure I was alright, and then I finally got a room and pretty much rested the night there in the hospital bed. I couldn't do much else, as my parents took all of my belongings with them. So that night I used a hospital phone, before I went to sleep, to ask my parents if they could bring my stuff the next day, and they said "sure". So I went to sleep, unable to see much of anything without my glasses or do much of anything without anything to do... Which is a good thing, I suppose. I needed my rest after that operation.

The next morning I woke up at around 4 or 5 in the morning and tried to watch some early morning cartoons and rest some more. Eventually one of the nurses came in and told me that breakfast was at eight, in which I just had some broth, jello(? can't remember for certain that one), and apple juice. Then my parents came in and gave my stuff to me afterwards around nine in the morning. After that and a brief visit, they left I sat there with my phone and told a few friends about everything that happened. Around lunchtime, the doctor said I looked like I could eat a more normal meal, so they gave me a hot dog, baked beans, apple sauce, a small sandwich, macaroni, and coffee, and some soda (which I asked for separately). I ate the apple sauce and baked beans fine, and drank some of the coffee and soda, but I took a bite of the hot dog and I think it was too soon. I was feeling nauseous afterwards so I took it easy.

Later on I washed my face a bit, and then my mom came in to visit me and ended up picking me up, and then we went to the pharmacy and then home where I rested. It was about 4-5 PM that Saturday I went home. Saturday night wasn't that good, I felt sick. My mom called the surgeon and he said meet me in his office at 9 AM on Sunday morning. I spent half the night in the bathroom feeling horrible, vomited once. At around 1:45 AM - 2:00 AM I finally went to sleep. I was in a lot of pain that night, it was horrible. My mom woke me up at 8:30ish and I went in to the doctors office to see him, and he said everything was normal, but they were gonna give me a supplement for my nausea (which I never picked up, actually. I ended up not needing it.), and he told me to call him Monday (today) after 2:00 PM. So then I went home and my mom and sister went to church and my dad stayed home with me, and I went back to sleep.

I later on woke up and got a bit of a shower after a few days of not having one, and went out with my parents to a persons graduation party (a person I used to go to church with and that helped teach with my mom). After a little while I felt nauseous and sat in her van, waiting to go home. When I got home I went to sleep, and then got online for a little bit. Then I went back to sleep, and slept in through the morning to the afternoon when my mom came home. Then I finally called the doctor, and he said everything seems normal and I could have a more solid diet now. Now I'm able to hold down a lot more food with no nausea, and am in less pain which is good. I can actually go to the bathroom now and can cause and sneeze with less pain, which is a good sign I'm recovering. So all is getting better now... But it was hectic, I will say.

*The ER nurse was freaking hot. I overheard her and another nurse talking, and the other nurse said "For once you have someone young and good looking." or something along those lines.

**One of the OR nurses was really frickin' hot. She looked somewhere between 21-23 and she was very flirty with me, which I found odd. I figured out later on the next day when my parents were bringing my belongings to me she was also headed into the hospital in regular apparel, and she saw my parents and asked them how I was doing. I'm kicking myself in the butt now that I didn't get to ask her for her number before I went into the OR.

Here's a pic of where they put three holes in me if you want to see it:

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:32 pm
Damn o___o I really hope I don't ever have to go through that. I can't stand having an IV put in me, let alone having surgery done on me..

At least you'll be feeling better! =3

M i n a k o
Crew

da_rhyno

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:37 pm
M i n a k o
Damn o___o I really hope I don't ever have to go through that. I can't stand having an IV put in me, let alone having surgery done on me..

At least you'll be feeling better! =3

Yeah. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:47 pm
Holy. Good thing they caught it before it exploded inside of you and then BAM. Dead!
One of my friends had to have the same operation, and he still whines about his scar (when I hit that general area)... It still hurts him apparently.
But hey. You get to be all beasty and declare "Look at me! I survived torture!"
xd

crazy_mongoose
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

4,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Junior Trader 100

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:57 am
Hooray you are fixed! :3  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:15 pm
Thankfully you didn't have to stay for two weeks or as long as a friend of my brother had to stay. I think he stayed there for a month? I can't recall.

HOSPITAL FOOD SUCKS!! It's nasty and the nurses are vampires. They wake you up at all times of the night taking your temperature and drawing more blood.  

dragonmonkey

Fluffy Glitch

mailer04

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:20 pm
that sucks dude. i thought that they would slice you open in a line, not three holes. did they give you a reason why they did that.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:09 pm
mailer04
that sucks dude. i thought that they would slice you open in a line, not three holes. did they give you a reason why they did that.

Yeah. One was to drain the bladder, one was the actual incision. Not sure about the other hole.  

da_rhyno

oneandonlyricu

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:18 am
...Sounds painful and...Painful. And uncomfortable, too. But mostly painful.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:47 am
That was the most intriguing hospital visit ever.

Turn it into a novel! XD

Rabid Bagel Cow Thing
Vice Captain

Dapper Hoarder

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

da_rhyno

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:01 pm
Rabid Bagel Cow Thing

Turn it into a novel! XD

LOL. I could make the best seller list with that one. wink  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:10 pm
mabye the third hole was used to take a tissue sample to make a super clone army of you!  

mailer04

Rabid Bagel Cow Thing
Vice Captain

Dapper Hoarder

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:13 pm
da_rhyno
Rabid Bagel Cow Thing

Turn it into a novel! XD

LOL. I could make the best seller list with that one. wink

Seriously, you could.

I'd read the book.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:52 pm
mailer04
mabye the third hole was used to take a tissue sample to make a super clone army of you!
... xd Or to make another appendix for you!  

Siberian Giant

Tai Takahashi
Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:17 pm
Well, at least you had an interesting weekend. o_o

Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]