TWILIGHT BOOK BURNING Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

daniSUPERHERO

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:33 pm
ATTENION ALL TWILIGHT FANS!
A book burning of Twilight has taken place and has been posted on youtube.
Are you just going to let that happen!?
Act now! Send the video to fellow readers.
COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT
FLAME FLAME FLAME
And make a response.
We can't let them get away with this.
Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CE7AGf8v74

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:55 pm
Ugh...
I can't believe that. It's not because it's New Moon, that's not why I'm ticked. It's because they burned a piece of literature. It's like burning a child!  

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

Emo Oompa Loompa

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:07 pm
Yeah I mean you shouldn't burn a book, its like burning a piece of art! especially New Moon!  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:51 pm
that was sick im going to throw up
omg
i hope they all burn themselves  

LexiLu Latte

Fifii

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:01 pm
crying  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:07 pm
that was aweful! I mean, they didnt even have a reason to burn it, unlike the angry harry potter haters.  

pengigirl14

IceKittyeKat

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:06 pm
I left a nice little comment for them:

"What was the point of wasting money on a book just to burn it? Seriously guys. What are you neo-nazi freaks who worshiped the ground Hitler walked on. How immature of you. Why can't people like you leave things other people like alone? I bet you were apart of the whole anti- Golden Compass shiz too. Sad how people are so under-evolved that they can't let something go. Get a life and protest something worthwhile you ignorant redneck punks."

so yeah.

I am a little peeved. Seriously if you don't like a book why can't you just leave it ALONE let other people enjoy it. Also it was stupid of them to buy the book just to burn it. Seriously a waste of like what? 25 GOOD dollars?

emo *sheds a tear in memory of the poor innocent book*  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:17 pm
It's their opinion.
You really don't need to get all hyped up about it either.
It's kind of funny to hear what people have to say when they hate Twilight.
It's really not your right to be mean about it, just ignore it.

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:26 pm
pengigirl14
that was aweful! I mean, they didnt even have a reason to burn it, unlike the angry harry potter haters.

i dont like harry potter. but i
wouldnt BURN IT!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:28 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
It's their opinion.

(All of this is hopefully translated as being a respectful debate/ opinion I don't want to offend you. These are only my views on the topic and I'm slightly defending myself.)
1) I'm not attempting to force anyone to like the book.
2) I just (strongly) believe that it's disrespectful to the artist to burn their art. It would be like someone looking at a building, deciding it's ugly and then burning it down.
3) There are just more useful ways to NOT like something.
4) I'm not hyped up, I'm hurt. (and I know I can't change people as a whole)

IceKittyeKat

Creative-berry-genius

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:12 pm
You know whats funny though? They had to buy the books in order to burn them. they just gave stephenie more money. That is so funny they hate the books and yet they go and support the author. really kind of funny. rofl

People who burn books are un educated idiots who should really be locked up for being so stupid. twisted If I saw anyone burning a book I would grab it and smack them in the head with it untill they became unconsious (misspelled?). question

Go Stephenie Meyer we all love heart you and your brilliant mind. Thanks for everything and don't pay any attention to stupid people their just you know STUPID!  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:19 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
It's their opinion.

I agree. freedom of expression man. I once watched someone eat a piece of the american flag...I didnt beat them in the face. It'll be okay, in my opinion... I dont really care, let them hate it'll come back on them one day.  

celestialheiress

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:45 pm
Creative-berry-genius
You know whats funny though? They had to buy the books in order to burn them. they just gave stephenie more money. That is so funny they hate the books and yet they go and support the author. really kind of funny. rofl

People who burn books are un educated idiots who should really be locked up for being so stupid. twisted If I saw anyone burning a book I would grab it and smack them in the head with it untill they became unconsious (misspelled?). question

Go Stephenie Meyer we all love heart you and your brilliant mind. Thanks for everything and don't pay any attention to stupid people their just you know STUPID!

ya, but... i was reading the comments....
the people just got a book from a friend who read it
and didnt like it. that person gave it to them to
purposfully burn. they didnt just go out and buy a
book to burn. someone bought that to read, didnt
like it, and gave it to them.

but what really pissed me off...... the guy who
burned it didnt even read it all the way through.
it dosnt get good again untill 'Visitor.' he probably
didnt even make it that far.

New Moon was definetly my least favorite book
out of the three. but i would never in a million
years burn it.

i shrieked the other day because i took it to the
park to read, and i dropped it on the way home.
it didnt even get a scratch, but that goes to show
how idiotic those people are.

i could never hate a book enough to burn it.

sorry. rambling again.....

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:14 am
Burning ANY book is horrible, in my opinion. The only book that I can think of that even comes close to deserving to be burned is Walden by Henry David Thoreau, and even that doesn't really deserve to be burned, it's just more boring and long-winded than anything...

I agree with Creative-berry-genius: people who burn books for no reason are nothing more than ignorant, uneducated idiots. I bet that the people who burned it are either dropouts or will become dropouts, depending on how old they are (I haven't seen the video yet). Either they're total losers who had nothing better to do with their time, or they just wanted attention. I mean, let's face it, people will do anything nowadays to earn a little fame (or infamy) on youtube. Or, maybe they were just jealous because they know they could never even come CLOSE to creating something as fantastic and popular as Stephenie has. But if I get access to a computer that youtube works on in the near future, I will definitely give them a piece of my mind for burning a book as incredible as New Moon.  

Glitterbean

KumikoxChan

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:43 am
I just have one question - why? stressed  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items