Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:40 pm
User Image

The young cheetah padded across the highlands, as had been described by Lady Tama, looking around as she went. Yes, this area was flatter than the surrounding terrain, this just had to be the place. Today, she had determined on her return trip, would be the day that she learned everything her brain could absorb about these lands... And about the South house. Great messenger that Skuld may turn out to be, she also was curious. She'd already on the way here started to learn about all of the life that was about. Goats, she found were the oddest things she'd ever seen. They resembled Klipspringers, but the cheetah hadn't been able to get close enough to one yet.

She really wanted to, though. She would before too long.

Skuld scanned the horizon of the area, golden eyes hunting for Lady Tama. She had to deliver that message from Malika'Eusi, such was her duty.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:04 am
User Image
User Image

"Majivu be careful!" Tama called to the ashen colored juvenile that was currently attempting to jump up on to the ledges he had seen the goats upon when they had been shown around the borders of her lands. "I'm serious, you should come down now, even Emperor Ahali has difficulty with those ledges, don't think you'll have better luck." She warned before sighing and shaking her head. Out of all her children he was the most difficult to handle.

Although she had taken up a den in the center of her territory of Tianxia she had been spending her time at the borders patrolling for any interested parties and for the young cheetah she had sent off to find her mother. The motherly side of the lioness was worried that something had happened and that it was her fault even though she knew it wouldn't be. Shaking herself she turned her attention back to her son. "Majivu!"

The juvenile shook his head as he made, barely , to the first ledge. "Relax Mother," he started pulling himself up so part of him was no longer dangling over then edge. "If I don't start now I'll never learn." He reminded her looking down with a grin on his face. "Besides I'm not a little cub anymore, I'm growing up!" He called to her puffing out his chest and tossing his head back towards the sky.

It was true that he was no longer a cub but he wasn't near enough to becoming an adult, he still had a while to go. But he liked to pretend that he wasn't a juvenile but an adolescent. It wasn't very difficult for him to do so, he did have firekin blood running though him which made him bigger than the average lion his age. But he wasn't all that bigger, not yet.

When he finally lowered his head he spotted something, something approaching rather quickly. "Hey Mom, something's headed this way, something fast, I think." He told her glancing over his shoulder for only a brief minute before turning back to find the cheetah again.

Tama, who had turned away and started to walk away muttering under her breath immediately turned her head back to him. Something fast? She thought to herself brows knitting together before it came together in her mind. "Relax boy, it's my messenger." She replied, at least she hoped it was.  

Nuxaz

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:36 pm
Skuld's eyes caught sight of two figures, both of which were relatively pale. That had to be Lady Tama. Lady Tama and... someone. She'd worry about who when she got there, after her job was done. She picked up the pace, getting more and more sure the closer she got that that was, indeed, Tama. She slowed her pace just a little as she got even closer, down to a trot and eventually a stop when she arrived. She took a moment to catch her breath, though it hadn't been hard to do.

"Lady Tama," Skuld said with a deep dip of her head. She raised her gaze to the boy, who was considerably larger than she was... She didn't know his name, though. "Sir," she gave him a dip of the head too, but not as deep, just because she knew Tama was the Lady in this part of the Pride. She turned her attention back to Tama. "Lady Malika'Eusi has had cubs and cannot come this time." She said with a nod.

Message properly relayed, Skuld sat down and curled her tail around her, so that the yellow tip was at her front paws and flicking lightly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:20 pm
Once more Tama's gaze flickered to her son nervously one last time before it flickered back to the young cheetah. A light smile formed upon her lips as she bowed her head in return. "I am glad that you made it through the journey safely Skuld." She commented before she settled back on to her haunches. "This is my son, Majivu." She stated making a gesture towards him.

Majivu had flattened himself upon the ledge, resting on his belly, his head pressed against his paws as he watched the two females with mild interest. He was mostly interested in the cheetah since he hadn't seen many before and even then only in passing. "It's Majivu, just Majivu. No 'Sirs' needed with me." He replied a big smile upon his lips as his golden yellow eyes never leaving the other's features even when her attention was given to his mother.

Tama looked surprised, not because of Skuld but the news she brought about her mother. She had cubs? Well at least she was there for them and wasn't even considering leaving them period. A smile formed upon her lips as she nodded her head. "Very well, she'll come when she can." She mused before gesturing for the cheetah to come closer. "Very good Skuld, you have completed the task in which will allow you to join Tianxia." She moved back just before falling to her haunches and throwing her paws out. "This will be your home, Ling Kuang the southern house."

A chuckle escaped the young males maw as he shook his head, his mother seemed to be enjoying herself. Pushing himself back up to a sitting position he paused just before leaping down from the ledge. "I can show you the borders if you'd like."  

Nuxaz

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:19 pm
"Nice to meet you, Majivu," Skuld said, with another little nod towards the boy. He looked her age, but a lion. She noticed that he was staring at her, though she made no sign of it, nor did it really bother her. He was young, and she figured he might not have seen a cheetah ever. Skuld's ears couldn't move any more forward, nor her grin grow any larger when she heard she had been accepted into the Pride, and into the South house. She had wanted to ask all about the specifics of the Pride, what she didn't already know when Majivu spoke.

Skuld turned her golden gaze to him, hearing out his proposition with a nod. She turned to Tama, as if seeking permission before rising to her paws. "That'd be great, Majivu." Perhaps he knew some about the pride, she could ask him while she toured, at the very least.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:33 am
"Majivu should be able to answer what questions you may have while you two explore the boundaries." Tama stated glancing from her son to the young cheetah. "If you have any questions afterwards I will be more than happy to answer them." With those words she nodded and stepped back allowing Majivu to walk past her with ease.

"It's nice to meet you too....Skuld." Majivu replied with a dip of his head hoping that he got her name right, she hadn't introduced herself but his mother had said her name more than once. As he passed his mother his golden eyes met her identical ones as a smile appeared upon his maw and he nodded to her. "Follow me." He instructed excitement filling him itching to get him out on the rocks to show this newcomer around. "Follow my steps exactly, or be sure to test the rocks. We don't want you to fall and get hurt." He stated flicking his tail behind him as he glanced back.

"After you return, depending on how late, I can introduce you to the rest of my children and your fellow members." Tama told Skuld with a smile and a nod as she stepped back again.  

Nuxaz

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:54 pm
Skuld nodded and couldn't resist letting a smile sprawl across her own muzzle. This independence, everything about this move was so exciting. And being a messenger for the pride was going to be awesome too, she just knew it.

She turned her attention to Tama for one more moment, to hear her out. Skuld nodded to her words, grin still spread across her dark face. "Alright, sounds good." She said with a nod before turning back to Majivu. She had noticed on her way here that the path was somewhat iffy- they were high up now, and it would take a lot of getting used-to to be able to swiftly navigate the highlands. The cheetah had no doubts, though, that she'd be able to master the lands in time. "Alright," she said to him, wondering exactly how literally he meant that statement to be. "Lead the way then, Majivu." She said brightly, taking a few steps closer to the lion.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:34 pm
(( Ijumpinnow ninja Sorryforslowness D: Also, gonna be assuming they wandered away from Tama? ))

User Image

Not long after Majivu and Skuld had made their way away from Tama than Skuld would be tackled by something fluffy, red and hyperactive.

Had she been at home, Skuld should probably be used to that. But it was perhaps unexpected that her sibling would show up "out of the blue" over here. To put it simply; Skuld ran off to Tianxia, which involved going through deserts and a load of other stuff. It was waay back there, past even the moutoujami and Mwezi'johari! of course Makani'd notice. He hadn't expected the Juve to go so far when they'd first gona looking for her, but they'd kept going to not lose scent. Some birds helped out too. Loki was the first in, and had ran ahead once he'd caught Skuld's scent, while Makani had become sidetrackted by this Ahali figure, supposed ruler of the lands.

Loki'd also been the first to see his sibling.

And that is when he'd snuck his way over. It wasn't too hard, despite the redness of his pelt. There were many rocks and stuff to hop by, and the very shade of green in the plants over here didn't make him as.. popping out as you might think. He was dark red, after all. Not half as conspicuous as bright! His only real concern of being noticed had been Majivu, but if she'd caught sight of him-- well, Loki'd been quick enough to surprise Skuld. At least. He knew her levels of attentiveness and how to get around them.

"Ooooh Skuld! " He chirped, once he'd already tackled her, pinned her for a second and hopped off. "Dad is so not happy! " Hee grinned, turning to the lion and bowing politely towards him. While his entrance hadn't been a great one, he wed him some respects! .. but Skuld was a sibling, he didn't owe her courtesy. That'd be too formal for family.

"Hello! " He smiled, before sitting down and glancing at Skuld again. Loki wasn't normally this bouncy, but he'd been pretty hyped to be the first to see Skuld after chasing after her with dad.

"I'm Loki! "

User Image

Makani took longer to show up. On their way here they'd ran into a lion, Ahali'bagawa. The adult had stopped to talk with him a bit, seeing as the lion seemed to know where he was. He didn't want to risk the anger of a possible pride, after all. However, once done, he'd hurried off after Loki(it'd particularly suck if the boy fell off a cliff. He had silly paws sometimes) and was somewhat pleased that not only did he find Loki, but Loki had found Skuld. and two other lions.

Now, judging by Skuld's current position.. Loki had tackled here. Sighing, the cheetah stepped out, much less "sneakily" than his son. He'd have preffered to find Skuld by herself, because it was much easier to scold her when she didn't have company. But she needed a good talking to. Had she even realized what territory she'd had to walk through to get here?! Mo-tou-ja-mi! They took slaves!

"No, I am not. " He'd caught what Loki said.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:54 pm
((I'm guessing posting order is now Wu-Light-Nux))
Skuld crouched down, tail flicking in the air as her gold eyes focused on the rock before her. She gave half a wiggle of her butt before she felt a powerful impact into her ribcage. She was so startled she couldn't even make a sound beyond the "umph!" that came when she hit the ground. She turned unhappily at this stranger before she noticed it was her brother, Loki.

"Loki! What are you doing all the way out here?" She asked happily before he got off of her. She sat up once she was freed and gave his ear a gentle tug before she realized... an introduction would probably fit very well at this point. (Her ears dipped nervously at the mention of her father being unhappy, but he wasn't there yet and she didn't give it much concern... yet.)

"Majivu, this is my brother, Loki. Loki, this is Majivu, son of the Lady of this section of the pride," she said with a little bow. Then the real trouble popped up. Her attention had gone from all-on-Majivu to only on her family. Nerves got the best of the little cheetah and her ears folded flat against her skull.

"And Majivu, this is Makani, my dad..." she said after his words. She'd had a feeling when she vanished to run the quick errand of delivering the message that her absence would be noticed. She was planning to head straight home after learning the lay of the land to inform her family of her plans, but it looked like she'd taken too long. "Dad, Majivu..." She said, knowing that changing the topic would not get her out of this.

... This was going to be embarrassing, the young cheetah knew it, but she still took a few paces forward and sat just before her dad. "Dad, I..." She paused for a way to word what she wanted to say. "I was gonna go find you as soon as I finished learning the lay of the land..." Guilt of not having gone and sought out her father (or mother) washed over her, but there was nothing she could do now. Nothing but accept the consequences of her actions. She looked up into her father's emerald eyes with an offer of a sheepish grin, hoping she could cute her way out of some embarrassment.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:54 pm
To say Majivu was caught off-guard by the sudden appearance of another cheetah was an understatement. He practically leapt back at least a foot or too, not exactly the wisest decision considering the somewhat unstable ground. "Skuld?" He called with uncertainty taking a few careful steps towards the tackled female. When her voice rang out, rather happily, he relaxed knowing that this...intruder(?) was not here to harm either of them. In fact she seemed to be on very friendly terms with the other male.

When he was introduced it clicked in his head and he bowed his head in response. "Hello." He stated with a small smile shifting about a bit uncertainly. "Nice to..." His voice trailed off at the appearance of a larger male, one much older than himself and his ears flattened against his head at the unhappy voice that was directed towards Skuld. "Hello sir." He stated bowing his head once more trying to show respect.

Even though he was not the one in trouble he couldn't help but feel bad, after all it was his mother's fault the young cheetah had gotten in trouble.

Nuxaz

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:50 pm
"You're slow. " Loki stuckhis tongue out at his fathe, though quickly distracted himself to climbing on a rock and stretching out on it, happy for a lice little perch. "Hi Majivu! I like you name. " Loki smiled, waving a paw rather than bowing.

He glanced at Majivu, then smiled at the lion. "At least you were in good company. " Though when he looked back at Skuld he didn't smile, so it was probably a good thing when he looked back at Majivu and bowed politely. "Nice to meet you. " Despite the circumstances.

Turning his attention to his daughte ragain, he pondered for a moment, then glanced at Majivu. "Majivu, mind if I borrow Skuld for a moment? " He didn't want to 'yell' at her infront of her new friend, after all. Without waiting for much of an answer, he tapped Skuld's shoulder with his tail then indicated to a bundle of rocks not more than about 30 feet away.

"You have a fluffy tail. " Loki peeped up, sliding down from his rock. "How strong are ya? Dad said lions are stronger than cheetah. "

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:19 pm
Skuld, feeling grim, covered it up with a smile and polite nod. "Excuse me," she said, before turning, taking a few quicker steps to catch up with her father and then padding along beside him. She heard Loki's question as she padded off, but she'd had a feeling that by them time Majivu responded she wouldn't hear it. She was, however, more than grateful that her father had not let her have it in front of her new friend.

"How in-trouble am I?" She asked, ears flat. She turned around once she was behind the rocks and sat, tail characteristically curled so that it was at her front feet. Skuld kept her eyes planted firmly on her father's paws. If she was bold, she'd raise them to his elbows, but that was about it. At least for now...

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:31 am
Majivu smiled at the other cheetah. "I like your name too." He replied before Makani spoke to him. He nodded in agreement unsure of what to say. He felt like he should apologize for his mother's actions while feeling at the same time that it was not his place to do so. Perhaps he should fetch his mother...she would be able to deal with the situation much better than he would. It was her job after all. His brows knitted together in concentration as his ears flattened just a bit. What should he do?

Blinking the older male caught his attention and he nodded. "Of course." He replied watching as the two walked off. He let out the breath he didn't know he was holding and turned his attention to Loki. "I do." He replied with a chuckle. This cheetah was silly. "I'm not sure, I guess I'm pretty strong, I'm bigger than average."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:40 pm
"A lot, " Makani said cooly, once he'd stopped behind the rocks, perking an ear to make sure he was out of sound-range. No, he wouldn't yell, but Skuld needed a bit of scolding. "Help me, here, Skuld. Where should I start? " He furrowed his brows. "That you ran off without warning, that you came this far without company, that you trotted right through Motoujami territory? " He ruffled his tail out, it gave him shivers just to think of all that could have gone wrong.

"Do you have any idea what those lions would do to a little cheetah like yourself? " He paced a bit to the side. "They might have killed you! Or worse! " Yes, slavery was the worst case scenario, not killing. Why? He was a cheetah. Freedom was one of the things he held dearest. Though in a way he'd certainly had preferred a chance to rescue his daughter, what if he couldn't, and she spent the rest of her life a prisoner to those brutes?! At least death was an easy release.

"And you know if you'd have asked me, I'd be happy to help you, if you really wanted to come over here! Skuld, did you realize how far this place is? " He hissed, though kept his voice hushed, so that Majivu didn't hear. Tianxia was, as he'd realized, further than most prides he'd seen. It was at least a few days travel, probably more for Skuld, who'd been alone. Makani and Loki's only advantage had probably been Makani being an adult.

He noticed Majivu's features, and twitched his tail tip. "Don't worry. Dad's not much of a yeller. He even told mom he was taking Skuld on a little trip so she wouldn't come here and get all spazzy! " Loki nodded smartly, then at the comment of size, reared up playfully.

"Really? Lesse. " Without more warning, Loki bounced towards Majivu, then dodged away before striking him, instead leaping to the other side and then leaping in for a headbutt. Feign attacks usually helped him with his siblings!

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:27 pm
Skuld didn't know exactly what the best answer would be to give her father. She kept her head low, listening to his perfect, common sense with a frown creasing her muzzle. She'd known, all the while she'd been meandering up here, that she really had needed to at least inform someone in her family where she was going.

"Dad, I would've asked you first, but things all happened so quickly!" She said; it was the honest truth. Skuld had gotten caught up in a whirlwind of activity, she needed to prove herself useful to this pride quickly in order to join, there hadn't been time to go fetch her father. "I'm sorry, dad..." it was the best she could offer; her eyes were locked onto his nose, but her head was directed more towards his paws. "I was really careful when I was out, especially around that Motoujami pride," she assured him, thinking after she spoke that it probably... would've been best to not bring up the Firekin lands and not mention anything, he probably would've dropped that point. But who knew? Too late now.

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff