Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
I wish one of you who have special edition Elcipse would... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:43 pm
Summarize the first chapter of Breaking Dawn for me?
-----

Sorry, but I live in a small town where there's a small shitting book store that isn't selling the special edition Eclipse. And the only other place that sells the Twilight series is the biggest store we have, Walmart. And they didn't have ANY Eclipse books, but a restock of Twilight. To also add the fact I can't drive yet, and my parents wouldn't want to drive me almost an hour away just so I can read the first chapter.

So, it'd be greatly appreciated if some one summarized it for me. My shitting circumstansis should make it clear enough that you should be nice. :]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:40 pm
i know how you feel. im in the same place all i can do is read the spoilers  

X-Freiheit93-X

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:43 pm
XLost Demonic Rose SiraX

God! This is killing me just to read the spoilers. I just want to read the damn first chapter already!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:49 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
XLost Demonic Rose SiraX

God! This is killing me just to read the spoilers. I just want to read the damn first chapter already!

god i know what you mean i've been so pissed because i cant find it!!!  

X-Freiheit93-X

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:51 pm
XLost Demonic Rose SiraX
Pubic Genital Lice
XLost Demonic Rose SiraX

god i know what you mean i've been so pissed because i cant find it!!!

I wish Stephenie could just put it on her site already, but she can't get permission to do it after like so many days after the special edition of the book is released. Or, I wish some one could just type out the entire first chapter. D:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:52 pm
Dude i think im just about to find someone who has the first chapter/ preface and see if they'll type it up for me.  

X-Freiheit93-X

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:54 pm
okey dokey - here we go *clears throat*

The cover looks like a chess board. The piece in the front is the king, I believe, and it's white. There's a smaller piece in the back, I'm not sure which piece, and it's blood red.

The prologue is talking about her making a decision that will change her forever and she says she's absolutely sure that it's what she wants. It didn't say it was about her becoming a vampire nor did it specify WHO the boy she's talking with is, so.... could be either one.

The first chapter is called engaged. It starts with Bella trying to drive through town in her new car. Sadly, her truck has "wheezed it's last" and is now a "nice antique truck specimen" in her lawn. Edward totally took advantage of the car deal and bought her a Mercedes Guardian... a car that isn't even on the market! She isn't used to driving this car and she keeps speeding up and braking erratically causing everyone to stare at her. Poor Bella ><

She stops at a gas station and two guys wanna take pictures with the car xd She hears them talking about it. The car is built with 4,000 pounds of armour, and is indestructible to tanks and flame throwers. The windows are all MISSILE proof. We also find out that this is NOT the only car Edward has bought her. He has another one all covered up in their garage.... and she doesn't even wanna know what it is. This car she's in is to protect her in her human form, and she can drive the other one once she's been turned.

Then Bella is driving home. She starts to tear up because Charlie has put up Have You Seen This Boy posters for the new 16-year-old runaway Jacob. He's put them in several cities - no one's called. Bella makes the funny comment that it's cuz no one could have seen this BOY. Charlie is angry with Billy for having a relaxed attitude about it all.

She gets home and calls Seth. Shockingly, we find out that he and Edward are good friends now!!! How cute hehe Leah's pissed about it, even more pissed that Seth talks to Bella constantly, giving Bella updates on Jake. Seth says that they don't know much. All they do know is that Jacob is somewhere in northern Canada and has no intention of coming back. Seth has to hang up quickly because Leah comes home.

Soon after this, Edward arrives. Bella gets edgy. They've finally decided to tell Charlie that they're engaged. This is where it gets funny. Charlie comes home and sits down, in full uniform. Bella is scared cuz she wanted him to hang up his weapons belt first eek Charlie is very nervous that they wanna talk to him about something and he's turns bright purple and yells "You're pregnant! I knew it!! You're pregnant aren't you?!?!" No, Charlie, not even close. Bella quickly denies that and he calms down. She thinks she saw his hand go for his gun for a second >< They tell him what's really up - Edward is SUCH a gentleman about it - and Charlie looked angry, then just busts out laughing. He says "Well... well.... that's fine. But YOU get to tell Renne. I'll have no hand in that!" And he just keeps laughing.

So Bella calls her mom. Her mom is totally ok with it. She says she knew it when they came to visit her back in Eclipse. She tells Bella "You're very easy to read honey." She says everyone makes mistakes and Bella has to be sure she's completely in love with Edward.... which is a good question consider what Bella's admitted about feeling for Jacob. Other then that she's fine - her only concern is the cost of plane tickets.

It goes on to say that Renee and Esme get to be very great friends ^-^

Later on, Bella goes home and Alice is there - blocking her from coming in. Charlie is whining that Alice has stuck him with something and is bleeding. Alice knows he isn't haha She finally lets Bella in. Bella sees her dad standing there in a suit, looking quite handsome!! he thinks he looks stupid. But Bella reassures him that he fine and he goes off mumbling - typical Charlie. Then Alice decides to stuff Bella into her dress for one last measuring fit. Bella gets down to her panties (too bad Edward is absent!) grumbling all the way, which of course makes Alice pout. She tells Bella to go to her happy place.

In her happy place, Bella explains that the wedding is completely over and it's just her and Edward. She ready for "the only last human experience I want - the one that Edward is hoping I'll forget". SEX!!!!! whee And then she'll be ready to be a vampire - and once she is they'll live happily ever after.

Oh really now? We'll see about that......

And that's it! Well, the end of the beginning *insert ominous music* And it's all in prettyful color! PM me if you gots any specific question ^-^  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:01 pm
OH MAN THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man i still wanna read the book so bad but thank you god he dad cracks me up  

X-Freiheit93-X

6vampire6mistress6

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:05 pm
no problem^^

I forgot to mention!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know how the Special edition of New Moon had twilight tatoos? This one has t-shirt transfers!!!!!!!!!! One says team edward and one says team Jacob! Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yeah - you gotta love charlie. I feel bad that he's SO oblivious ><  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:07 pm
oh yeah i heard about those when i finally get the book im so using the team edward. man i wonder how the books ganna end but i have to say im surprised he took it so calmly  

X-Freiheit93-X

X-Freiheit93-X

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:11 pm
oh btw the piece in fornt is queen and the piece in the back is a pawn  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:11 pm
I know! I'm surprised renee took it so calmly! But then, for some reason, it always seems to be that dad's who freak out xd

I'm on team Edward, I guess, but my best bud is totally team Jacob..grrr... I should bite her haha

You'll hate me even more when I say this, but I live in Arizona^^ We see SO much of Stephenie... and she likes coming to my school for some reason! And the book store she mentions in her thank you's Eclipse, I live only a mile from it hehe I'm hoping she'll be at the breaking dawn party!!  

6vampire6mistress6

X-Freiheit93-X

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:13 pm
OMG YOUR RIGHT I SO HATE YOU!!!!! GOD YOUR SO FREKAING LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you should bite your friend  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:14 pm
Course, if I were her, I'd hide out away from us fans lol

Oh thanks ^^ Once I saw your pic I knew what they were hehe

Which changes my theory on why the cover is that way a bit. Bella is the queen. Edward and Jacob are her pawns. Ultimately, she really is playing a little game with both of them and she's really the only one who can win.

Or perhaps it symbolizes Bella's change. She used to only feel like a pathetic lowly pawn - but once a pawn reaches the other side of the board, it becomes a queen. Hmmm..... I full of philosphy tonight lol  

6vampire6mistress6

X-Freiheit93-X

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:17 pm
lol yeah i get what you mean well i guess i can see what was behind this cover though i think they should have let SM choose the covers for all books i mean i so got what she meant with the apple in hand but a flower ribbon and chess game not really
but at least now i have an idea of what the cover could mean.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff