Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you read the first chapter yet?
  No
  yes
View Results

WineChan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:14 am
crying I finish reading the first chapter, and the preface said that "bella's loved one is trying to kill her......and how can you run, and how can you fight when doing so would hurt your loved one? What if the only thing I could give is my life?"

crying crying crying .........

*If you haven't read the chapter, click here.... http://saint-ann.livejournal.com/21072.html

edward or jacob is going to kill her!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't kill Bella, Edward.....

I would hate Jacob even more if he was the one trying to kill her.

PREFACE

I'D HAD MORE THAN MY FAIR SHARE OF NEAR DEATH experiences, it wasn't something you ever really got used to.

It seemed oddly inevitable, though, facing death again. Like I really was marked for disaster. I'd escaped time and time again, but it kept coming back for me.

Still, this time was so different from the others.

You could run from someone you fearred, you could try to fight someone you hated. All my reactions were geared toward those kinds of killers - the monsters, the enemies.

When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options. How could you run, how could you fight, when doing so would hurt that beloved one? If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not give it?

If it was someone you truly loved?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:44 am
Heres what i say on the preface Edward is going to kill her but not like that. Remember Edward is always going on about how important Bella's soul is and how he refuses to make her one of the un-dead. I think that just means she dies but doesn't die you shes just no longer human. Her human side dies. if that makes any sense.  

X-Freiheit93-X

Emo Oompa Loompa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:59 pm
XLost Demonic Rose SiraX
Heres what i say on the preface Edward is going to kill her but not like that. Remember Edward is always going on about how important Bella's soul is and how he refuses to make her one of the un-dead. I think that just means she dies but doesn't die you shes just no longer human. Her human side dies. if that makes any sense.

Thats what I think too!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:04 pm
XLost Demonic Rose SiraX
But...then why did the Preface say that she's afraid to fight her loved one, and run away. That wouldn't make sense....  

WineChan

Frynceli

Seeker

10,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:01 am
maybe it meant jacob [GO JAKEY~!]???

i haven't read the thing yet but i've seen the trailer for the movie and it made me more excited for the movie to come out. and it's ages til the movie so i don't even wanna read the preview in case i get really crazy... [i gotta get the book through the local library coz i'm a cheap person... ^.^ and that means, err, kinda waiting for a while]

as crazy as it may sound, i wanna read some spoilers!!! GAH.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:08 am
"I'm really sorry about your hand"

I can't read it until it comes out, cos otherwise I'll have to be locked up until it comes out...I'll have gone crazy from the waiting period! eek

"Next time you want to hit me, use a baseball bat or a crowbar, okay?"
- Jacob Black, Eclipse

iMonochromatic

shenene

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:02 pm
yeah, i kind of feel like it could just be her being nervous about getting turned into a vampire...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:32 pm
i think what it means that Bella's life as a human is ending
she's not actually dying!
soo..EDWARD IS GOING TO TURN HER!
thaaank God!
i still had some doubts about who would turn Bella!  

maaariana

maaariana

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:35 pm
Kittycharm
XLost Demonic Rose SiraX
But...then why did the Preface say that she's afraid to fight her loved one, and run away. That wouldn't make sense....
because she may be scared of what will happen to her. Remember that on Eclipse she says that after she is turned she will never be the same; so she's scared of what will happen to her,
and she is afraid to fight Edward because of it

well, that's what i think. I want to read the whole book!!!NOW!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:52 pm
the link for the first chapter doesnt work can you please post it again so i can read it please im going crazy lol  

Loobear

Teh Toasted E m o

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:01 am
♪Im sorry I have to say it,
You look like your sad.♫

THE BLOODY LINK DON'T WORK!

Someone Post something that works.
If i get my hands on the book, i'll type it up! So everyone else can read it.
(:

Im going INSANEEEE.

♫Your smile is gone;
I’ve noticed it bad.♪

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:33 am
Think about how the last three books had these sort of beginings. They said one thing and made you think that it'll happen a certain way.
But Mrs. Meyer ends up surprising use in the end. I feel that in this case, it's the same.

So no matter what we think, we'll probably be surprised in the end.

By the way..... GO TEAM EDWARD!

If you noticed, there is a Team Jacob & Team Edward stikys in the back of the new version of Eclipse to make tee-shirts. I'm all for Team Edward!

whee whee whee  

HoshiOdessa

X-Freiheit93-X

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:56 pm
Kittycharm
XLost Demonic Rose SiraX

Well maybe even though she wants to be turned she is still scared because she doesn't know any life but her human life.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:46 pm
Uhh
I betrayed myself by reading the preface. I told my self i was NOT going to do it but i caved!
Anyways, what im secretly hoping will happen (based on the new found knowledge of the preface) is that Bella will be a vampire, Jacob will get all pissy, and then he'll try to kill her and she'll beat the crap outa him.
I know this is far-feched, but im still hoping. Ever since Jacob became a werewolf someone needed to put him in his place (human Jacob was cute and likable, wolf Jacob is abnoxious and annoying)

However, as much as i don want to give up on my hopes of Bella vs Jacob, I agree with the idea that it could be Edward turning her.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

irisdolly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:29 am
I didn't read it, because the link doesn't work.
What the others have said make sense, but MAYBE, Edward will go to turn her, but will lose control?
Maybe?
Just a thought.
But I hope not!

Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out