Reply 75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies
Twilight/New Moon/Eclipse Obsession? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zexion_DMXRemix

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:34 am
I, Like any other reader, love the Twilight series. But my friend brought up a good point. People are becoming over obsessed with the books. I LOVED the series- But now I'm starting to back off because of the creepy obsessions people fall into. I'm wondering, Are other people being affected by the Twilight obsession too?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:54 pm
Army Amaranth
I, Like any other reader, love the Twilight series. But my friend brought up a good point. People are becoming over obsessed with the books. I LOVED the series- But now I'm starting to back off because of the creepy obsessions people fall into. I'm wondering, Are other people being affected by the Twilight obsession too?

I am affected by the Twilight obsession. My friend and I have been reading the series since it came out, and we absolutely love the series. (We can wait for BD, but that's another topic.) And people are now just finding out that they're making a movie about it and people are now asking the questions that we ask over 7 months ago. My friend--let's just call her Ally--and I are now looking for other books to talk about and it's hard when all you hear is "Twilight this" and "Twilight that". I can't help but answer peoples questions and gives spoilers. So, I'm sorry people. You're too obsessed. Back down some and I'll talk to ya then.

Nightmare Loves Fishies

B u t t e r f l y D r o p

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:02 pm
Army Amaranth

My friend is obsessed with Edward. She fell in love with him....is that even possible??

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:12 pm
No, I am uaffected by people with these obseesions, I AM one of those people. (I think vampires exist mrgreen )  

The Amekage

Void Dragoon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:58 pm
I work at Borders, a bookstore. People do indeed get too worked up over these and other books. I will most likely be working the night we have the Midnight release for Breaking Dawn.

God save my soul.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Haha, I am one of those crazy people! I love the Twilight Saga. <333
Even though I already own Eclipse, I bought the SE anyway because the book cover is a poster and it comes with iron-ons. xP

The series is just really addicting. Usually I'm not too big on reading books twice, but these became exceptions. xP
I'm tired of waiting for Breaking Dawn. JACOB COME BACK! xP

Blockified

Arashi Youkai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:40 pm
I am a fan of the series, but I'm definately not obsessed. I look forward to the new book and can't wait to see the movie (though I do believe they could've picked a better actor to play Edward, he's good but I don't think he's suited to the role...hopefully I'll be proven wrong). But, unlike with Harry Potter, you won't see me waiting in line the moment they come out. People tend to be very decisive on their judgment of the books, though. They either love it with obsession, or hate it with passion. It does get a bit annoying.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:53 pm
Void Dragoon
I work at Borders, a bookstore. People do indeed get too worked up over these and other books. I will most likely be working the night we have the Midnight release for Breaking Dawn.

God save my soul.

oh gawd....i pity u. i really do!

newhos...
its totally gone over bored. its kool if u believe in vampires, and uv gotta read every book asap, but once ur to the point of obsession and its all you can talk about, its tym to chill a smig.  

KityKatt27

Pleasure moon

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:05 pm
The Amekage
No, I am uaffected by people with these obseesions, I AM one of those people. (I think vampires exist mrgreen )

Be my Bff?
Lol I'm not obsessed I can stop anytime i want I just choose not too.... But I do love Emmet (hes hardcore)
but thats for personal reasons >< redface  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:07 pm
Omg I'm obbessed also with twilight series. But you do have a point some people do get overy obbessed. ....but im one of those people stare eh well im not a stalker thou xD cant wait till BD hope i'll get it asap when i have the money but im not going to stand out all night to pick it up...It'll be there in the morning and afternoon people xD  

-o-VampireChic-o-

KazenoSango

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:53 am
Shine like me
Army Amaranth

My friend is obsessed with Edward. She fell in love with him....is that even possible??

It's possible. I don't love Edward but the idea of Edward. The guy who would do anything for the woman he loves even if it breaks his own heart.

I do love Twilight but I can still talk about other things. I'm not thrilled that they're making a movie but I am attempting to hold off my judgement until I have seen it...though from what I have seen Indon't think it will be very good.

In a side note I do love Jackson Rathbone the actor who plays Jasper.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:51 pm
Army Amaranth

Well, I know a lot of people who love the books, but I don't know many that are obsessed. Well, not too obsessed xd

For the most part, I just try to avoid the fan wars that rage about deviantART, since that's where a lot occur... A:TLA; DP, etc.  

ayva-damas

The Artomic-Bomb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:18 pm
I have been affected by this over obsession that's happening as well. I mean, it's a good book.

But... Edward's not real. And he never will be. Get over it people. D=
I love the series, but when these people appear it makes me.. sick. And then I totally rip into the poor people. >.>""'

But.. EDWARD'S NOT REAL!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:46 pm
somewhat obsessed here. I absolutely love the series but i can actually distinguish the difference of fantasy and reality, and if you read them as much as I do [note;; i read the series in my free time and I have a LOT of free time] then you'd see that it isn't so great. i don't get how people can love a book so much. though with the twilight obsessed-people i'd just ignore them personally.  

dreamiiee

Namimai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:23 pm
I've read the books, and loved them, but I don't own a single one. I'm content to wait three months for other people to read them, get the book, finish the current book I'm on, and read them...so I guess I'm not under the spell. In fact...I was a little late in reading the series. But I liked it! And I do want to read the next one!  
75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff