The luck you can never seem to find (Kitu and Momo) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:55 am
User Image

She had ventured though the mortal lands before in what seemed like ages past but now ... now she feared to step outside where they might see her. She had heard too much talk from desperate creatures.

If only their luck hadn't deserted them. If only their fortunes were better. Why did their land seemed to have the unluckiest draw. What had they done to deserve it?

Who is to say those same mortals wouldn't jump at the chance to get their claws into her either to force her to help them or to blame her for everything that had happened. The thoughts chilled her even more than the cool air.

She knew there were some out that that she could trust, she'd met them and talked to them years ago, but now? What if those same ones were gone now? Would they have survived what she had fortold them or would they have suffered the same and wish nothing but a curse on her name?

Stretching her wings out she sat on the edge of the mountains and let her mind wander off with her thoughts. At least even with the air as chilled as it was her coat was bound to pick up some of the heat the sun gave off in the early morning.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:04 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mo'onasi's own time within the mortal lands had been too long. It wasn't a mortal that had ruined her life, but a fellow god. She had known it, bore it, and now dealt with it every day. She hated the circumstances, but she would never change anything if it meant losing her children. Seven was too much for the goddess, but at times it felt like it was never enough when they were all curled up against one another, sleeping the world away.

With a tentative step, the goddess would shed her mortal-realm connections and turn into what she was; Love.

Tan paws guided her to the realm she had been in for so long, and escaped. Would anyone recognize her? She prayed not, for she couldn't remember much of anything before she had awoken, only herself. Running from here was probably a mistake, but being safe didn't necissarily mean happiness.

Her olive eyes caught sight of another, and she couldn't help but freeze. Dark colours. Her heart coaxed her to remember that crimson red was the dangerous colour, and not black. She let her heart slow it's beating, feeling an urge to approach the other. She didn't recognize her, but that didn't mean that the goddess should be rude to a fellow goddess.

Her foot steps slowed, her breathing shallowed as she approached, gingerly sticking her neck out at an arch. "H-hello?"

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:10 am
She'd been almost completely lost in her thoughts, tumbling the possibilities around in her head like dice, when the voice managed to filter though all the inner noise. "Hm?" She blinked and turned her head, scales shimmering slightly, to look toward the sound.

She hadn't expected to run into anyone up here, she'd been avoiding company even if she'd wished for it, but there someone was. "Greetings." She smiled slightly as she settled her wings back against her so that they weren't taking up half the ledge she was perched on. "I'm sorry ... i'm not taking up your spot am I?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:41 am
"O-oh!" The goddess never meant that, and with a furious shaking motion of her head it was made apparent. Her jewelry made a distint 'tinking' sound, only fading away when the striped goddess ceased her movements.

"No, no! Not at all..." She paused for a moment. At least this goddess seemed nice, and not like some of the other gods she had met. "I just didn't expect to see anyone, really." Or, she didn't really want to see anyone, but she felt a tug to at least say hello to someone she didn't recognize.

"I haven't been here in a long time, or what seems like a long time to me. I've been in the mortal realm for many, many moons." Her forepaws shifted a bit in nervous movements, but she told herself that she would be fine. Mo'onasi needed to learn to not fear everything that looked at her. She needed to learn to take care of herself, so Chaos would never return.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:04 pm
"Oh, well that's good then." She smiled. If she was in the other goddess's way she'd have had to move and find somewhere else to be for a while. That wouldn't have been too bad but it would be a bit of a hastle and she'd feel horrible for taking over the spot for a while.

"Really?" Her ears perked slightly at the other's words. She'd been down there? with them? "They ... and they didn't hurt you?" She didn't quite know who this other was so she didn't know if she even had anything the mortals would want but it was still odd to think about.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:51 pm
Momo wasn't quite sure exactly where she should be. It was obvious that this was going to turn into some kind of conversation, but with the position of the other one on the ledge, it would only work well for her to sit next to her on the ledge so they both wouldn't have to sit awkwardly or anything like that.

After she gingerly set herself down, she found her voice again. "The mortals? Never!" Love always had a soft spot for them. Besides, isn't that where a lot of her belief came from?

"I'm sure that they could try to use me for their own whims, but it's easy enough to fly off and not give them your blessing. Mine would be particularly hard, though I would never wish to take it away from anyone...." her voice dropped off at the edge. She never wanted to be harsh or mean to anyone, no matter what they did to her.

"Mortals call me Mo'onasi, but here I'm simply Love."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:05 pm
Her wings rustled slightly as she shifted them a bit nervously. She hadn't spoken to anyone in so long this was a bit odd. She knew she should at least try to be friendly, another of her kind wouldn't try to hurt her she was sure. The others had their own ways to bring about what she could give them on their own.

"Perhaps you they could not hurt ..." Love ... what mortal would wish harm to come to that? Even those pained by it certainly wished only for it to end up happily. "I am not so sure of myself .... not with the curses i have heard toward my own name." She shook her head slightly, braids twisting together for a moment before resettling.

"To them i am known as Kitunda'bahati .... here i am Fortune." She bowed her head slightly in greeting.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:30 pm
"Oh!" A surprised look appeared on her face, her mouth making that distinct 'oh' shape. Well, that was certainly understanding! "It does seem to be a habit of mortals to blame their misfortunes on you, but that doesn't mean that it is your own fault."

She paused for a moment before continuing. "Like...well, I'm not very good at stories, but sometimes love can make mortals do terrible things. Sometimes....really terrible things." She wasn't sure if that's why Chaos did what he did but...maybe something like that happened.

"But that doesn't make all mortals bad." She thought of Kimaji, the crazy little silver lioness that she loved to dearly. "Sometimes they're a lot of fun, and can even be friends."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:56 am
"I used to like them..." Her smile was slightly sad. "I mean, i helped them and i even, i hope, saved a few but ..." But now all she heard it seemed was curses at her name for the misfortune's she'd sent other's ways, or so they thought.

"They seems so ... hateful." She shook her head slightly. "I haven't seen one in ages who appeared to have anything nice to say about me." She'd heard curses in the directions of others gods also. The mortals did seem to like to blame their problems on others when they could.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:08 am
"That's...true." Mo'onasi paused for a moment, gathering up her jumbled thoughts so they would actually make sense once she spoke them out loud.

"I think mortals don't understand that everything they do affects them. They think that it's always another's fault, and they should recieve what is rightfully theirs. But do they actually deserve it? Perhaps, perhaps not."

She flushed for a moment, then laughed. "They'll blame me if they do something foolish in the name of love! Even if I've never seen them before, it's always me tricking them into what they believe in. They don't realize that it's lust, or a sense of trickery, not love. Especially foolish young boys."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:44 am
She nodded slightly after thinking about it for a bit. "They do tend to almost alway blame someone else but ...." They just blamed her so venomously. She just knew if they could get their hands on her it wouldn't end well.

It seemed so much easier in her eyes to blame luck on someone else. Luck was something that you truly never did have control over so what else was there to do but blame your luck on someone else.

"I have seen quiet a few young girls fall prey to the same things. They almost believe they are invincible and that nothing that they do not want could happen to them"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:04 am
"Being young makes you foolish. Even gods can get their heads above the clouds at times, in a sense." She knew that she had been punished for something in the past, but it seemed that it didn't matter anymore. Had morals with the higher gods changed as well? It seemed that the world changed in many different ways, not just physically.

"Luck....seems something that many curse, yes. You could even say I should curse it, for what I've been through. But the bad luck can turn into the good luck. They just don't look for the good, only swallow themselves up in the bad." Momo couldn't help but think of her cubs at that moment. What was horrible and disasterous turned into seven little things that she cherished.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:10 am
"All luck revolves in a circle." She laughed softly. "The good turns to bad and the bad turns to good." You couldn't have good luck all the time or you'd never have any true joy in life. "But so often they do bury themselves in the bad and they just attract more."

And it was always her fault that they did and not their own. "Usually if it does turn around that is only when they thank themselves." More often than not they always forgot her when something good happened, whether she'd helped or not.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:29 am
Mo'onasi laughed. "Well, if it was you who gave me the good luck of my children, then it is you who should take all the credit. Nothing like their father, and that I am greatful for. I believe that is all from good fortune, or else my life would certainly be quite hard on me right now."

All her children had turned out good, even if some where a bit mischevious or aloof. They had no malicious thought behind their actions, and she never assumed that they would be as evil as their father was. Just the idea sent shivers down her spine.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:45 am
"It is always nice to bring children into the world." She smiled at the other goddess. "I don't know if i'm responsible for them, since i doubt i've met you or their father before, but i am glad that you enjoy having them in your life"

She always did like cubs. They were cute and adorable and a lot of fun to be around.

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff