Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Black Knights the Official Code Geass guild

Back to Guilds

code, geass, official 

Tags: Code, Geass, Lelouch, Rebellion 

Reply The Sword of Akasha (R2 Discussions)
Holy Crap Gino! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SirBaka
Crew

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:16 pm
I was watching the ending of R2, trying to analyze it. It does have some deeper meaning. The characters dressed in white represent the Britanians while the characters dressed in black represent Zero's side. The whole anime has a huge white vs black theme going on, and the ending really brings it to light.

But what intrigues me the most is this picture:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b312/Ralex_/blackknight.png

It shows both Gino Weinberg (The male on the left) and Anya Earlstreim (The girl on the right). The thing is, why is Gino wearing black. It can't be because he's part of the Knights of the Rounds, because Anya, another one of the knights is in white, in angel garb like everyone else in the ending. So why in the word is he in black? And still, he still has the emblem of Britannia on his shirt. Then again, his open shirt could represent a broken sign or something. But I see no white on him, meaning...Well..The thing is I don't know. He's pretty much a paradox in the whole symbolism of the ending, and this is the one thing that I would like to point out. Anyone else have an opinion on this? Perhaps he's going to side with Zero sometime in the future? Maybe he will take no side and be a neutral party? Very confusing in my opinion ;o

And for those of you who want to view the ending one more time to actually see this, here's a link:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JNOMj6KI1XQ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:51 am
If you have seen the ninth episode, he commented how kallen is "his type of girl". Maybe in the future he'd side with the black Knights for the sake of her? :3

And the neutral party got me thinking. (QUICK! GRAB THE TRANQUALIZER BEFORE SHE STARTS RAMBLING)

This was simply something brought up by me and my friend a few days ago on YM, But we believe that when Cornelia finally decided to come out of hiding and create a faction ( O HAY JUST LIEK TEH CLYNE FACTION ON GSD) Gino, and some other britannians might re-think about this (remember, cornelia was well known in britannia for her piloting skills) and side with her biggrin

(too late. she rambled)

Distant Avalon

Unbeatable Survivor

3,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100

SirBaka
Crew

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:52 pm
Personally, I can't see Karen setting her sights for anyone other than Zero. Though, maybe Lulu's line "There are things only women can do" or something along that is foreshadowing that she'll seduce him to go on their side. ;o

OMGSH I'M OUT OF BULLETS!!! DDDDD:

Cornelia would betray Britannia? I'm not too sure about that. Maybe her own special unit within the army, maybe. ;o

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:29 am
SirBaka
Personally, I can't see Karen setting her sights for anyone other than Zero. Though, maybe Lulu's line "There are things only women can do" or something along that is foreshadowing that she'll seduce him to go on their side. ;o

Cornelia would betray Britannia? I'm not too sure about that. Maybe her own special unit within the army, maybe. ;o

who knows? sunrise just loved fooling around with us, just like the double episode

tell me, have you forgotten about the glaston Knights?there's like, three of them left.And I tell you, she'll face the reality and create her own faction. I can tell (besides, she might no longer be of use to the empire, and they might -ghasp- marry her off to some random guy Just like how odessyus (was supposed to) married Tian Zi.
does not want >___>)

Distant Avalon

Unbeatable Survivor

3,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100

Dingduong
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:09 pm
I think Gino may become a double agent like Rolo.

Rolo was wearing a white shirt and black pants while Gino was wearing a black shirt and white pants.

Rolo spies on Britannia but his loyalites remain with Zero, Gino may the opposite spying on Zero while remaining loyal to the Emperor which is why the emblem of Britannia is on his shirt.

But even so Suzaku has some black on maybe because he's loyal to the Emperor yet he's trying to change Britannia from the inside...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:50 pm
It's not the clothes you need to pay attention to, it's the color of the wings.  

The Unsung Bard

Distant Avalon

Unbeatable Survivor

3,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:00 pm
The Unsung Bard
It's not the clothes you need to pay attention to, it's the color of the wings.

gino doesn't HAVE wings in the ending >____>

I don't think you've touched R2 yet, but note that those without wings is Gino, Nunnally, Cornelia, and the Emperor.Those on the Black Knights all have wings and these at current are the britannians. minus the emperor, I smell a betreyal I hear!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:14 pm
A ruler cannot betray a country, only it's people.

Anyway, look who they are partnered with.

Nunnaly is with Rollo, a double agent (two different colored wings). That fits her as well.

Cornelia has wings, they're wrapped part way around Euphie. They're hard to spot but they are there.

Gino is with Anya, both Knights of the Rounds. Gino is with Brittania The emperor is partnered with VV, who has white wings. Also if you look closely the color on the emperor's clothing looks to be a pair of white wings.

Look at the video one more time and get back to me.  

The Unsung Bard

SirBaka
Crew

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:48 pm
Aile Striku
SirBaka

who knows? sunrise just loved fooling around with us, just like the double episode

tell me, have you forgotten about the glaston Knights?there's like, three of them left.And I tell you, she'll face the reality and create her own faction. I can tell (besides, she might no longer be of use to the empire, and they might -ghasp- marry her off to some random guy Just like how odessyus (was supposed to) married Tian Zi.
does not want >___>)
There was never a double episode. I dunno where leader got that idea, but there was never one planned to begin with ;o

That's true. Though, who knows with sunrise? xP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:51 pm
omfg its dingduong
I think Gino may become a double agent like Rolo.

Rolo was wearing a white shirt and black pants while Gino was wearing a black shirt and white pants.

Rolo spies on Britannia but his loyalites remain with Zero, Gino may the opposite spying on Zero while remaining loyal to the Emperor which is why the emblem of Britannia is on his shirt.

But even so Suzaku has some black on maybe because he's loyal to the Emperor yet he's trying to change Britannia from the inside...
I still believe the white and black represent their factions in the whole ordeal. Them having both colors represent them being on both sides. But I believe the color showing on the outside is the faction their with as of now. I'm not sure, but Gino doesn't exactly seem like the type of person who would do that. Sure, he may be pulling a bluff, but the way he is now, he just doesn't seem like the backstabbing type. Maybe a faction change, but that's all ;o

I believe he has the black meaning his Japanese, but the white is covering it meaning he's now with Britannia. You know what they say. You can take the cat out of the alley, but you can't take the alley out of the cat ;o

SirBaka
Crew

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

SirBaka
Crew

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:55 pm
The Unsung Bard

Nunnaly is with Rollo, a double agent (two different colored wings). That fits her as well.

Cornelia has wings, they're wrapped part way around Euphie. They're hard to spot but they are there.

Gino is with Anya, both Knights of the Rounds. Gino is with Brittania The emperor is partnered with VV, who has white wings. Also if you look closely the color on the emperor's clothing looks to be a pair of white wings.

Yes, the wings, I'll ok that. I still think it's the overall color of their body that really counts in everything though. Perhaps it's a red herring, but perhaps it's not. *shrugs*

And I wouldn't call Nunnaly a double agent. She has always had her ties with Britannia, simply because she saw Zero as a terrorist and not as her brother. So how could be be double crossing if she was never with Lulu to begin with. ;o

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:26 pm
But if she was to find out he was Zero...

Besides that, both Nunnaly and Rollo are "Lamperouges"  

The Unsung Bard

Distant Avalon

Unbeatable Survivor

3,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:37 pm
The Unsung Bard

I've rechecked a hi-resolution image of cornelia and euphemia. I really haven't seen the wings, I think you're reffering to her cape, as It pretty much looks like wings (the same goes with the emperor)

and as for Gino, We'd never know,let's hope sunrise provides us with answers I've gone gaga with the new princesses. WTF WHERE IS MAH CORNELIA !?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:01 pm
call me crazy, but i'm pretty sure thats just the undershirt to the Knights of the Round uniform...  

SuchaFag

SirBaka
Crew

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:55 am
SuchaFag
call me crazy, but i'm pretty sure thats just the undershirt to the Knights of the Round uniform...
At first yes, but is everyone else wearing stuff like that? No. He's the only one not in the loop. ;o  
The Sword of Akasha (R2 Discussions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff