Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
♪ Music is the universal language of mankind. ♪ [A BAND Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

♪ READY TO ROCK?!? ♪
  IT'S JUICE AND JAM TIME
  I SALUTE YOU
  BRB FORGOT MY GEE-TAR
  lolwut?
View Results

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:33 pm
“To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable.”

User ImageUser Image

The time? It's right before music class, in Russell High School. Where's that? In Russell, Ontario. What's going on?

A Handful of youth with rocking talent, and a penchant for dramatics.

You do the math.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:43 pm
WHAT HAVE YOU GOT HERE?___________♪

We have a group of high school students, bored out of their minds. They all have musical talent of some sort. Guitarists, Bassist, Drummer, Singer, etc.

Speaking of Bassist, it's all his idea. Following the idealistic bassist personality of becoming the foundation of which the music built upon, He asks his friends if they should start a band. They have everything they need, short of the fans...but those are only delivered when you attract them yourself.

They warily agree, and walk into class. Music class as if they needed any more irony, or any more spurring. They talked on all sorts of levels: What kind of music should they play? What should they call themselves? What should we do?

And the biggest question: How do we get ourselves known?

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:56 pm
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO FOLLOW?___________♪

There are a few rules.

~1) Either PM your profiles to me, or audition them in the OOC Thread, found...somewhere around here.

~2) Keep it PG-13. Not for the children's sake, but the fact that we don't want to see it.

~3) This is a literate guild, last I checked. Therefore, act like it plzkthnx.

~4) To keep things easy to read, all of your speech and thoughts should be in funk colours. Pick one, claim it as your own. In fact, your profile should be in that colour. It helps to identify who you are.

~5) HAVE FUN OR GTFO

~6) If you have request to play a song, either of your own making or a cover, go post it either IC and RP them making the song, or OOC request beforehand.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:57 pm
WHO'S IN THE BAND?________________♪

ON LEAD GUITAR!
Cheryl Smith ~ by Irishroseh

ON BASS GUITAR!
Virgil Lifeson ~ by Eikre_Vrael_DarNell

ON...ER...THE MICROPHONE!
Caroline Trisha Morlan

ON THE DRUMS!
Rainer Rahl

HOW DO I APPLY?___________________♪

[align=center][img]picture hereee[/img][/align]
[size=16][color=darkgrey]Hey there, my name is[/color] [color=][name, remove brackets for the answers][/color]. [color=darkgrey]But since you know me very well, call me[/color] [color=][nicknames][/color].[color=darkgrey] I am[/color] [color=][age][/color] [color=darkgrey]years old and I celebrate my birthday on the[/color] [color=][date. no year][/color]. [color=darkgrey]At the moment, I am currently banging my head to[/color] [color=][your person's song][/color] [color=darkgrey]by[/color] [color=][band name][/color].[color=darkgrey] I'm a camera whore? Well maybe, here are some model poses;[/color] [url=][extra links][/url]. [color=darkgrey]I guess you could describe me as[/color] [color=][five to ten personality traits][/color][color=darkgrey], that loves[/color] [color=][what your character loves, item/hobbies, etc][/color] [color=darkgrey]and hates[/color] [color=][things they hate][/color]. [color=darkgrey]I'm weird? No way! But, I guess you could call me a a bit cool when I use[/color] [color=][instrument][/color]. [color=darkgrey]I guess I'm also quite cool for liking [/color][color=][your crush's name. if you don't know it, use bassist, drummer etc.] [/color][color=darkgrey]. Shh! It's a secret though!. Anyway, I'm being controlled by [/color] [color=][Your Username][/color][color=darkgrey]. I'm not crazy! Blame the voice in my head...[/color][/size]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hey there, my name is [name, remove brackets for the answers]. But since you know me very well, call me [nicknames]. I am [age] years old and I celebrate my birthday on the [date. no year]. At the moment, I am currently banging my head to [your person's song] by [band name]. I'm a camera whore? Well maybe, here are some model poses; [extra links]. I guess you could describe me as [five to ten personality traits], that loves [what your character loves, item/hobbies, etc] and hates [things they hate]. I'm weird? No way! But, I guess you could call me a a bit cool when I use [instrument]. I guess I'm also quite cool for liking [your crush's name. if you don't know it, use bassist, drummer etc.] . Shh! It's a secret though!. Anyway, I'm being controlled by [Your Username]. I'm not crazy! Blame the voice in my head...  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:00 pm
SONG LIST____________♪

None yet :<

BAND NAME___________♪

404 Error, name not found.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:01 pm
wahmbulance RESERVED FOR LATER ADDITIONS TO THE RP. wahmbulance  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:29 pm
Virgil was in an elated state of joy. In their music class, which was turned into a free period in the classroom by a lazy substitute teacher, he had asked three of his friends if they wanted to join him on one of his wackier ideas. Asking Cheryl, Carol, and Rain in succession if they wanted to make a band with him, and each saying yes of course, they sat in a circle in front of the drum set.

And with his joy sat a bit of confusion and question. He put those questions to spoken words. "So, my first question here for us now is this: what should we sound like? Do we want to be all heavy and stuff, or a melodic sound with some edge to it? Or do you guys have anything you really want to do?"

Things were running through his mind while he asked this. What would they sound like? In two different ways, like how would the instruments sound, and what would the lyrics be shaped like? Practicing was easy, but then how would they begin to get their name out...once they figured that out too.

It seemed like an easy idea at first. At least I'm not alone in this.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:45 pm
Caroline sat down next to Virgil, and she was as excited as he was. Sure, Caroline never learned how to play any instruments, but she could read music, and write lyrics...not to mention the fact that she had a beautiful voice, and a great vocal range. She had never thought of being a singer for a band, but then again, no one had ever asked her before.

Anyhow, here she was...about to become a singer. "Hm...well, I can sing many different genres, so I don't really mind what we do, as long as I can sing. The only thing I am set against is rap. Sorry...but I can not rap." Carrie giggled softly, and then ended her series of laughter with a gentle, charming smile. "Oh, and no hard rock. I mean, really hard rock...the kind when the singer screams uncomprehensively," Carrie added. She didn't want to sing like that. Carrie did listen to hard rock at times, but she herself didn't want to strain her voice too much. Screaming was simply out of the question for her, unless it was just for a line or two.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:00 pm

Rainer stretched out her legs, liking the feel of her baggy jeans. Her black and purple Zoo York shoes peeked up at her, almost drowning in the pool of extra pant leg material. Her mouth stretched up into a grin. The music pounding into her ear drums completely blocked out all other sounds. When she saw Virgil begin to speak, she pulled down her vibrating headphones and rested them around her neck.

"I agree with Trish," Rainer said. She leaned against the drums lightly, careful not to knock them over. "I refuse to do rap-- how would I drum to rap? --or heavy music. I don't think I have the kind of energy required to be a headbanger." She gave a sheepish smile. "Though I wouldn't mind punk music or something..."

Rainer stood and headed around the drums and sat down at the stool. The drums were nothing like her totally awesome ones, but they were still pretty good. She rested her foot on the drum pedals, slightly pressing down. The drum made a soft sound, reverberating through Rainer's body. Yup, good drums indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:59 pm
Cherry sat crosslegged, listening passively as each of her friends talked in turn. Blue eyes flicked to each face, and then down at the cheap carpeting. She tugged on an earring, and then leaned back, considering what she'd like to do. Cherry nodded in assent as to what the others were saying about rap, and about screamo. 'Music is like candy,' she recalled, an old joke that still made her laugh now and again. 'You have to throw away the wrappers.' She sniggered a bit, and then realized they were all looking for more input.

"I won't do country," she said dismissively. "I'm sorry, but I think it's rubbish." She turned to Virgil expectantly, waiting for his preferences, thinking, 'This has a slim to none chance of working out, but if it does, it would be expierence of a lifetime.'

[rawrrr, writers blockk?]

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:13 pm
"Not country, and not rap. Considering we have guitars, and drums, I'd obviously say we're going to at least pebble. Maybe Rock, maybe metal." Virgil agreed. Almost unconsciously, his hands drifted to his Duesenburg bass that was in a leather soft-case barely inches away from him. "I was kind of thinking maybe something along the lines of melodic rock with a symphonic metal kind of feel? Or is that just delving into too many sub-genres?" he realized he was borderline rambling. Already.

He minorly changed direction, "I mean, do we really delve into defining our sound? Or do we just write whatever the hell comes to mind, and flow with it?" By now, of course, his bass was in his hands, and he was just warming up his way through some Rush-inspired riffs. If you recognized it, he was playing something akin to the Temples of Syrinx portion of "2112"...albeit a lot slower. Fingers curled around the fretboard in a sort of way that betrayed his undying love for his chosen instrument, they began to dance as he picked up the tempo, bit by little bit as he went. Unusual for most bassists, though, he didn't use a pick, opting instead for a ten-eurocent piece. The gold coin was basically a really heavy pick that lent a slightly warmer and brighter tone to his playing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:48 pm
Caroline listened carefully to everyone else's words. She disagreed with Cherry; she liked country music. But, she didn't think she would be a very good country singer. After all, Carrie didn't have a Western accent or anything. It would probably sound awkward...

Carrie thought about what genres she liked, and realized she liked a lot of different genres. She replied to Virgil, "Hm...Rock/Metal sounds good to me! Are you talking about melodic as in...um....Evanescence-wise? I love, love, love Evanescence! Amy Lee is such a great singer! ...Well...I'll stop before I start rambling..." Caroline stifled her giggles, instead, she smiled brightly, with lots of glowing charisma. Evanescence was one of her favorite bands. She loved the music, the deep lyrics, and Amy Lee's beautiful voice.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:49 pm

Rainer watched Virgil's fingers as they moved up and down the frets. She wasn't completely familiar with the music, but she liked it. Her head started nodding as she tried to imagine drumbeats to go with it. Her hands moved to pick up the drum’s sticks, but she refrained. She didn’t want to interrupt Virgil’s playing.

“Something along Evanescence’s line would be nice,” Rainer agreed. “But My Chemical Romance and Linkin Park should be considered too.” As if to prove her point, the song playing outrageously loud on her earphones changed to Cancer by My Chemical Romance. The corners of Rainer’s quiet mouth tilted up into a vague smile. Great song.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:40 pm
Cherry tapped her fingers on her shoes along with the music. Her fingers weren't itching for her own instrument, yet. The guitar in question was in it's case and propped up against a nearby wall. "Agreed," Cherry said, looking up, "But I wouldn't mind trying a bit of a mix between Paramore and Shiny Toy Guns, if anyone's up for it." She smiled hopefully.  

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:26 pm
"Evanescence, yes. Paramore, yes." Virgil, nodding, agreed. "My Chemical Romance and Linkin Park? No. If I wanted to hear someone whine, I'd go punch my little sister." he joked as his fingers kept going through riffs and melodies, melting styles that ranged from more Canadian-Progressive-rock to Japanese-pop-rock to something else with ease. "If we're going to mention Chick-led bands, we may as well mention Nightwish, and After Forever, and Lunatica, and Sinergy, and others I could ramble on about. Though we'd probably need some sort of synth player to go along with it."

Then, as he was still playing through various styles and missing something else to settle in, he clued in. "Who said we had to limit our musical style? So long as it sounds good, why don't we go with it? Just wondering, who in our group writes music besides me?" he asked, his blue eyes sparkling with the light of the proverbial lightbulb that was supposed to be above his head.  
-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff