Summer Diet Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:57 am
Well my friends, tomorrow starts my summer diet =/ I have been telling myself all year that as soon as I am done with my last exam then I am on a diet.
I am not fat, I just need to thin out?
Any tips for me?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:01 am
Remember to eat! If you stop eating, your body holds on to everything. Just eat a smaller portions, and exercise 3nodding  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:02 am
No chips or cookies right?
Maybe just like
cereal
sandwich
dinner?
What can i have for dinner, like we have mashed potatos, and all that junk.
HELP!!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:21 am
I think any food is fine if you have salad too wink

Chips are a big no no! One cookie here and there won't matter though.  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:51 am
This is going to be tough -tear-  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:56 am
User Image

After a meal, if your still hungry, try drinking some water instead.
It works, I lost 10lbs. I'm guessing you just think your hungry but actually just need something to drink.

I go it off a Special-K box. <3

Tamei Dukes

O.G. Dabbler

11,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Amy Obscurite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:07 pm
Apparently the vegetarian diet is a good way to get thin, but it requires a lot of willpower. Join usssssss. Many diets don't work well, so you'll have to find a reasonable one. Diets where you cut out a complete major food group is a big no-no. I'd say with some good planning, you should be at an ideal weight in no time. If you're hungry in between meals, fruit and vegetables is a really good idea. [/diet rant]

I'm surprised I know this since I can eat whatever I want and hardly gain any weight. *is underweight*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:30 pm
Amy Obscurite
Apparently the vegetarian diet is a good way to get thin, but it requires a lot of willpower. Join usssssss. Many diets don't work well, so you'll have to find a reasonable one. Diets where you cut out a complete major food group is a big no-no. I'd say with some good planning, you should be at an ideal weight in no time. If you're hungry in between meals, fruit and vegetables is a really good idea. [/diet rant]

I'm surprised I know this since I can eat whatever I want and hardly gain any weight. *is underweight*

darn you and your fast metabolism...  

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

Eriwain
Crew

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:43 pm
Eat salads, but with yummy things^_^
Tomorrow I am having a walnut and pear salad, we had feta and peach tonight^_^ So very tasty. Do excercise! a couple of people I know will moan and moan about not loosing weight on their diet, but they dont do any extra excercise crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:55 pm
BlueAltitude
Amy Obscurite

darn you and your fast metabolism...
xd It is pretty fast. I don't gain weight from eating, I just gain weight naturally. 3nodding So I think I'm safe. I'm only just underweight according to Wii Fit. My BMI is about 15. xD However will I make it through the winter?!

Or a gust of wind? xDD

Amy Obscurite

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:33 pm
excercise i more important thee diet. I eat pretty good most of the time lots of salads and baked potato's. But i dont excercise at all so I dont put weight on but im not losing it either. I put alot of weight on when i first went to collage and ate crap for 3 years! But ive never lost it because i hate excercise, not because i ddont eat well. Im thinking of getting a wii fit!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:40 pm
I think I might try being a vegetarian for a couple weeks this summer... just to see what it's like xD  

XV - Shadowed Mistress

Beyond Betrayal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:47 pm
BlueAltitude
No chips or cookies right?
Maybe just like
cereal
sandwich
dinner?
What can i have for dinner, like we have mashed potatos, and all that junk.
HELP!!!!!

User Image
Beyond Birthday had the eyes of a shinigami since he was born.
He knew your name before you said it.
He knew the time of death of every person he met.

Nope, nope.
You shouldn't restrict yourself, because then you crave what you can't have.
If you do want to have a cookie or something more extravagant for dinner, just make the portions smaller, or have it less often :3

I'm a vegetarian and I've found it really easy to stick to. Of course, mine isn't a diet, but a moral issue (won't get into that.)
Anyways, the country's gone health crazy the past couple years, so vegan/vegetarian items are actually really easy to find in stores and restaurants c:
I've never heard of it being used as a diet xD But I suppose that makes
sense.

Also, the whole exercice thing. Try something fun too, so you don't have to feel like you have to, but that you want to.
Personally, I say get an at home DDR game xD

...I hardly need to explain just what effect
this would have on his personality.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:26 pm
Try to stay away from foods with a lot of manufactured ingredients.
Limit your red meat intake.

Sandwiches aren't the best thing for you. But if it's what you are used to.. eat turkey, not ham.

You shouldn't just be dieting though. If you just diet now, and go back to what you were eating like before, you'll just gain the weight back. Make it a lifestyle change. Everybody likes icecream, but just tell yourself to eat it once a month or whatever.

I have a weakness for bacon, egg, and cheese (cholestral hell) sandwiches, but I only eat one a week and usually only before I have to take a train to work. Cause that means I'll be walking around a lot.

Adding a little extra moving about to your day will do wonders too.
If you want to tone a little, lift light weights.

If you are going to vegetarian though, be careful. Make sure you still eat enough protein. I've known a couple kids that actually got more unhealthy from going "veg".

Umm... that's all I can ramble about now!  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:57 pm
Just a few tips courtesy of nutrition classes I've had:

To quote one professor "de-evolve." Get as close to "foraging" habits as you can. I'll save you the wall of text it would take to fully explain that one.

Eat small meals more frequently if you can. A lot of nutritionist say you should eat every 3-4 hours to keep your metabolism up.

Eat more green leafy veggies and whole fruit instead of fruit juices.

Eat less refined foods and simple carbs. (white bread, pure cane sugar, potatoes) and more whole grains (brown rice, multi-grain bread)

If you have no self control, don't keep junk food in the house.

Eat fish (if you like it) once or twice a week.

Drink more water. (if you're used to drinking a lot of soda or sugary drinks, cut those out completely)

Don't stress! It increases appetite.

Get active. If you know anyone with small kids, offer to babysit. You'll get plenty of exercise running after them and carrying them around. (Oh no, That means less time sitting at the computer on Gaia D: )

Be patient. You need to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 lb of fat. (eat 500 cals less or burn 500 cals more than you usually do to lose 1 lb per week)

Don't pay so much attention to the scale. Pay more attention to how your clothes fit. Muscle out-weighs fat, so your scale weight may not be decreasing much even though you're losing fat.  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff