Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply Past Threads (Deleted or Otherwise)
The Cube Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:41 pm
The Cube is a fun little mind game that is designed to help you get to know yourself a little better.

http://personal.ansir.com/cube.htm

If you have trouble interpreting it, feel free to post it here, & I will see what I can do to help you interpret it. (We did the cube as a part of our grade in the Death & Dreams class I took).
If you're not comfortable posting it here, feel free to PM me.

Here is my cube (This was done back in May of 08, & is quoted from my blog on MySpace. Sorry it's not up to date):

My cube is made of fogged glass that you can only sometimes see through, meaning that I feel like people can see right through me sometimes. It's huge, meaning that I feel I have a large presence, & very high off the ground, meaning that I don't feel like I'm very stable. All of this is true for me, but it may be different for others.

My ladder is made of a fake wood, meaning that I feel like my friends can be very fake sometimes. It's leaning against my cube & doesn't have many rungs, which can mean different things to different people. To me, this means that I feel like my friends rely on me, but at the same time, they ground me, help me feel stable, & I know that I don't have very many stable friends.

My horse was very interesting to me. He's a gorgeous black Friesian Stallion, very much like this:

Click here to see Friesian Horse

He's running towards my cube, but can never quite get there, & I can never see my cube & my horse on the same scene. This works for what's going on in my life right now because I do feel like my boyfriend & I are very separate. He's always in the background & refuses to come any farther forward.

When the storm came along, my horse stopped running & stood in the rain, ignoring it, which is perfect because that's exactly what my boyfriend does now. It just rained on my cube & my cube shed it off like glass does, but at the same time reflected it (exactly like glass) which I think means that my current problems show how my mood will be. If I'm troubled, I'll be depressed or tired all day, if nothing's wrong, I'm happy, etc.

My flowers were all pink (I want a girl, & have already chosen a name for her, even though I don't plan to get pregnant EVER) & surrounded my horse & my cube. The horse just stood there ignoring the flowers again, but they reflected in my cube, which I take to mean that I think about kids a lot, which I do. The fact that my horse ignored them means that I feel like he's ignoring the idea of children, which he actually is. I've tried talking to him about it, & he brushes me off.

Here's a few examples of what others saw.

One girl, whose boyfriend's father recently killed himself, saw a tornado of a storm that sucked everything into it & destroyed everything, including her cube, which fit exactly how she was feeling.

Another girl had a single flower inside of her cube, representing that either she was pregnant (which was a fear at the time, but was soon proved false) or that she's very in touch with her inner child.

A third girl's horse was eating her flowers, which she interpreted to mean that her boyfriend was destroying her inner child or many things that she took care of as if they were her own children (which later proved quite true).

Tell me about your cube. What was it like?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:03 pm
I am described as:
practical/worldly/ down-to-earth/sensual not really
serene/cool/spiritual/electric/loyal/distant/aloof/sad the last three are right
and spiritual is right, also

spacious/receptive/light-hearted/objective/protective not really

private/self-protective/enigmatic It's true. Although, in order to be enigmatic, there needs to be something interesting about you, which I can't really say for myself. But I am the first two.

of blue-collar origin/unpretentious/ proud to be ordinary/ "salt of the earth" Not really, especially not the third.

My friends are described as:
unlike me Well, it's not like I really have any friends. OK, I do. But, like... two. And, I guess they are unlike me. So, this is correct.

independent/don't lean on me or me on them/ ambitious/ upstanding/ have my respect
pretty true

people I look up to no
great in numbers not at all LOL
are fairly new friends yes

My lover is described as: (just to be clear, I don't have a lover)
my equal companion/loyal/close let's hope so

warm/earthy/sensual/ordinary/ unpretentious
I do want someone like that.

free/loved sexually Once again, let's hope so

close to me/loyal/committed that's pretty much said already

bold/ assertive/ adventurous/protective/ proud Not really what I'm looking for.

calm/patient/ contented/principled/committed
let's hope so

My trouble is described as:

minimal/nothing to worry about
Yay!

in the distant future/other people's/ on the evening news
maybe

confined to part of life/ manageable/ intermittent
let's hope so

spiritual crisis/ intellectual challenge/ controversy/stressful/ upsetting routines/ changing my mind/ energizing/ renewing
That's not that bad

My children (biological or mental) are described as: (I'm 99% sure I won't have biological children)

bright/important to me/attention getting/sources of pleasure OK

my own/ young/ under my protection

innocent/natural/fresh wishful thinking LOL

very important to me/ preoccupying me now

many kids/my life's work/other people's My brain-children could be my life's work...  

Symbolism of number One

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:04 pm
Sorry for the vertical page stretch. redface
Anyway, all in all, I enjoyed this little game, although didn't find it to be stunningly accurate. I like these sort of things.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:50 pm
Symbolism of number One
Sorry for the vertical page stretch. redface
Anyway, all in all, I enjoyed this little game, although didn't find it to be stunningly accurate. I like these sort of things.

If you didn't find it accurate, then tell me a little about your cube.  

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:25 pm
My cube was blue. On the sand. Not dug in it. Not hovering. Just laying on the sand. It was actually like a box. You know how cubes usually have 6 sides? (Well - not usually. A cube has 6 sides by definition. lol) Well, mine only had 5. The top side wasn't there. So, it was like a box with the bottom and 4 walls, but without the top. It's not that the top was removed, it just never existed. The cube was medium large. I was standing in front of it. Pretty close to it, but not too close. Like... 2 or 3 steps away. It was empty.
The material. My first thought was plastic, but it's not really plastic. It's some sort of hard material that I can't really name. It's not transparent. It's water-proof. It's not too hard, though.
My 5 adjectives (if I remember correctly) were: blue, useless, weird, lonely, displaced. This pretty much doesn't need interpretation. It is me. (However, you're welcome to interpret it in your own way if you like. wink )

Can't remember what other characteristics of the cube I should mention. If you'd like more info, feel free to ask. I'm pretty sure I can remember/reconstruct the scene.
Would you like to know about my horse/flowers/storm/ladders, too?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:26 am
Symbolism of number One
My cube was blue. On the sand. Not dug in it. Not hovering. Just laying on the sand. It was actually like a box. You know how cubes usually have 6 sides? (Well - not usually. A cube has 6 sides by definition. lol) Well, mine only had 5. The top side wasn't there. So, it was like a box with the bottom and 4 walls, but without the top. It's not that the top was removed, it just never existed. The cube was medium large. I was standing in front of it. Pretty close to it, but not too close. Like... 2 or 3 steps away. It was empty.
The material. My first thought was plastic, but it's not really plastic. It's some sort of hard material that I can't really name. It's not transparent. It's water-proof. It's not too hard, though.
My 5 adjectives (if I remember correctly) were: blue, useless, weird, lonely, displaced. This pretty much doesn't need interpretation. It is me. (However, you're welcome to interpret it in your own way if you like. wink )

Can't remember what other characteristics of the cube I should mention. If you'd like more info, feel free to ask. I'm pretty sure I can remember/reconstruct the scene.
Would you like to know about my horse/flowers/storm/ladders, too?
Yes, please! ^_^  

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:34 pm
Ahh, OK. [prepares to type for a looong time... ]

Horse.
I didn't really think about his gender, but when I got to that line in the dictionary, it just came to me that he was male. He was brown. On his face he had a white streak. (I've seen quite a few horses like that.) He had his left profile turned to me and he was facing the cube. He was standing. Not eating, running, thumping, not doing anything - just standing. No bridle or saddle.
So... I'm not sure what else to add here. Once again, feel free to ask for any details you think might be important.

Ladder.
Made of wood. Can't really tell if it's new or old. That thing in the dictionary kinda confused me. It was just wood. It was standing on the sand. Not floating, not being dug in the sand. Just on it. It was slightly leaning away from me. So, it did not stand completely vertical, it was leaning. That pretty much defies the laws of physics because there wasn't anything to support it. It was ascending to the sky, but it wasn't like super-long. It just gave the impression of ascending, but you could still see its top, it's not like the top was invisible because it was lost in the clouds. The ladder was a little taller than me, all in all. Maybe 2 meters long. I don't know. When the game asked me to imagine if the ladder had few or many steps, number 11 instantly came to me. So, my ladder had 11 steps. I don't know why. I only have like... two friends. Or maybe more. I don't know. (But if I don't know, they're not really that great friends, now, are they?) The cube was directly in front of me. The ladder was behind the cube. So, from the place where I was standing, you could imagine a straight line that connects me, the cube and the ladder. The ladder was leaning away from me, thus leaning away from the cube, as well, because the cube was between me and the ladder. Once again, ask if you need anything else. It's 1:30am where I live, and I'm sleepy, so I can't concentrate really well.

Storm
A tornado. Very far in the distance. It's moving, but the place where I'm standing is calm. Neither me, nor cube, horse, flowers, ladder are affected.
I guess it's coming this way, but I'm not worried. In general, I didn't pay much attention to the storm.

Flowers.
They were in front of the cube. So, between me and the cube, and, thus closest to me out of all the items I imagined. They were medium-small. Not tiny, but ...small. There was quite a few of them. They were growing in rows and forming a pattern that kinda looked like a rectangle. The rectangle stretched from my left to my right. It was like... 3 meters wide. It was not very long, it only had like 3 or 4 rows of flowers. But many flowers in each row. The flowers were blue and pink. (Go figure! xp ) The flowers looked like... Gaia daisies. I just said that as a comparison, they weren't daisies, but they did look like daisies that are found here on Gaia. But, they were just generic flowers, the kind that kids learn to draw first. Yellow center, and petals around it.

So, that's all I can come up with now. I'd be happy to elaborate, if you want me to.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:44 pm
Symbolism of number One
Ahh, OK. [prepares to type for a looong time... ]

Horse.
I didn't really think about his gender, but when I got to that line in the dictionary, it just came to me that he was male. He was brown. On his face he had a white streak. (I've seen quite a few horses like that.) He had his left profile turned to me and he was facing the cube. He was standing. Not eating, running, thumping, not doing anything - just standing. No bridle or saddle.
So... I'm not sure what else to add here. Once again, feel free to ask for any details you think might be important.

Ladder.
Made of wood. Can't really tell if it's new or old. That thing in the dictionary kinda confused me. It was just wood. It was standing on the sand. Not floating, not being dug in the sand. Just on it. It was slightly leaning away from me. So, it did not stand completely vertical, it was leaning. That pretty much defies the laws of physics because there wasn't anything to support it. It was ascending to the sky, but it wasn't like super-long. It just gave the impression of ascending, but you could still see its top, it's not like the top was invisible because it was lost in the clouds. The ladder was a little taller than me, all in all. Maybe 2 meters long. I don't know. When the game asked me to imagine if the ladder had few or many steps, number 11 instantly came to me. So, my ladder had 11 steps. I don't know why. I only have like... two friends. Or maybe more. I don't know. (But if I don't know, they're not really that great friends, now, are they?) The cube was directly in front of me. The ladder was behind the cube. So, from the place where I was standing, you could imagine a straight line that connects me, the cube and the ladder. The ladder was leaning away from me, thus leaning away from the cube, as well, because the cube was between me and the ladder. Once again, ask if you need anything else. It's 1:30am where I live, and I'm sleepy, so I can't concentrate really well.

Storm
A tornado. Very far in the distance. It's moving, but the place where I'm standing is calm. Neither me, nor cube, horse, flowers, ladder are affected.
I guess it's coming this way, but I'm not worried. In general, I didn't pay much attention to the storm.

Flowers.
They were in front of the cube. So, between me and the cube, and, thus closest to me out of all the items I imagined. They were medium-small. Not tiny, but ...small. There was quite a few of them. They were growing in rows and forming a pattern that kinda looked like a rectangle. The rectangle stretched from my left to my right. It was like... 3 meters wide. It was not very long, it only had like 3 or 4 rows of flowers. But many flowers in each row. The flowers were blue and pink. (Go figure! xp ) The flowers looked like... Gaia daisies. I just said that as a comparison, they weren't daisies, but they did look like daisies that are found here on Gaia. But, they were just generic flowers, the kind that kids learn to draw first. Yellow center, and petals around it.

So, that's all I can come up with now. I'd be happy to elaborate, if you want me to.

First of all, the dictionary they give you on the thing kind of sucks. I didn't find many of their meanings accurate. That's why I opened this thread as a place to talk more about it.

Anyways, I think your cube being on the sand means you feel very grounded, very stable in your life right now, which is good. The fact that the top of it was open, to me at least, means that you're open to new things. It could mean something else to you, but that's what I get out of it.

I think that your ladder was behind your cube rather than next to it because you'd have to look through the cube to see the ladder, & that, to me, would signify that your friends are in the background, & that you aren't sure of who your friends are. This seems logical to me just because of what you just said about not exactly being sure how many friends you have, but I'm not sure why you'd think of the number 11 when you actually only have about 2 friends. That may just be that you have 11 people that you are friends with, but you don't think of it that way.

As for your horse, I don't really have anything to say on that. It sounds like you don't have a lover right now, or if you do, it's not really serious (by that, I mean it doesn't sound like you're gonna get married any time soon). The fact that he wasn't moving at all could mean that you don't feel like the relationship (or the lack of a relationship) is going to change anytime soon, but I'm guessing you already knew that & are fine with it.

The storm: You're not dealing with any serious trouble right now, but when it comes, you're ready. There may be some trouble on it's way, but you're not concerned with it right now because it's not here yet.

The flowers: You think about kids semi-often, I would think, & the things in your life that you think of as your children (your life's work, as you said) are always on your mind. They're VERY important to you, & very well organized, or at least that's my opinion.

What do you think, was I accurate?  

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:41 am
Oh, I don't know....

I mean.... I already said I don't have a lover, and that my friends are kinda ...rare species... lol I'm not sure what to say. It doesn't sound wrong, but still... I'm not necessarily always open to new things. Or stable. Or maybe I am?
Wah! I'm confused. confused

Anyway, this was interesting, and if you have some more stuff like this, I'd love to try those too. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:15 am
Symbolism of number One
Oh, I don't know....

I mean.... I already said I don't have a lover, and that my friends are kinda ...rare species... lol I'm not sure what to say. It doesn't sound wrong, but still... I'm not necessarily always open to new things. Or stable. Or maybe I am?
Wah! I'm confused. confused

Anyway, this was interesting, and if you have some more stuff like this, I'd love to try those too. biggrin
If I find anything else like this, I'll make a new forum, & I'll PM you to let you know. ^_^  

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:56 am
If I'd like to post about a dream I had, should I make a new thread or do it in one of the existing ones?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:55 pm
Symbolism of number One
If I'd like to post about a dream I had, should I make a new thread or do it in one of the existing ones?

It's up to you on that. You can do which ever you feel more comfortable with.  

Meiglan

Symbolism of number One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:33 pm
Oh, OK, thank you, but I've forgot most of the details about it now. It was a few days ago.
But thanks, now I'll know for the future.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:15 am
I got interested and so I tried. This what I got.

Myself:
open/ undefended/ self-effacing/ subtle
stylish/ stark/ mysterious/ guarded/ self-contained/ drawn to the dark side
brilliant/ precious/ rare/ lucid/ sparkling/ cutting/ of firm, decisive opinions/ indestructible/ multifaceted
protective of your "space"/ independent/ taking the long view/ seeing things in perspective/ abstract
optimistic/ idealistic/ spiritual/ living in ideas or fantasy/ impractical/ "above it all"
multitalented/ multi-ethnic/ versatile/moody
regal/ luxury-loving/ extravagant/ pensive/ moderate/ immoderate/ romantic/ wise
warm-hearted/ hot-tempered/ passionate/ courageous/ aggressive/ revolutionary
modest/ keeping a low profile/extroverted/realistic in expectations
substantial/ secure/ consistent/ honest/ unintrospective/ full of unexpressed feelings
intense/ busy/ high-energy/ elusive

My friends:
know the way into your heart/ are the only ones you let in/ help you know yourself/ evoke your emotions
bring you down to earth/ ground you in reality/ are your anchor
are independent don't lean on you (or you on them) are ambitious are "upstanding" have your respect
are steadfastly reliable/ made strong by stress/ indestructible/ straightforward/ streamlined/ practical/ unadorned
support you completely/ are your foundation/ are necessary to your life
are people you look up to

My lover:
mysterious/ romantic/ powerful/ moody/ a good lover/ brunet(te)
in another city/country/ indifferent/ very independent/ in his/her own world/ a low priority for you/ on the way out of your life
romantic/ exotic/ adventurous/ chivalrous/ a crusader/ regal/ wealthy
your best friend/ a friend before a lover/ close to your friends
bold/ assertive/ adventurous/ protective/ proud
calm/ patient/ contented/ principled/ committed
dominated by you/ in your shadow/ under your protection/ clinging

My trouble:
here, now/ in your childhood/ kept to yourself/ affecting only you
worries/ threatening but not actual
shocking/ galvanizing/ giving you a jolt/ illuminating/ enlightening

My children:
your own/ kept safe/ carefully cultivated
very important to you/ preoccupying you now
many kids/ your life's work/ other people's
your best friends/ your friends' kids/ nieces, nephews
passionately loved/ children of passionate love
protected by your lover

Some did made conflicts. I really don't like the conflicting results on children about their parents... The troubles and friends are all right. I never thought I have characteristics this much.  

Nevermore of the Void

Past Threads (Deleted or Otherwise)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces