Often imitated, never duplicated 

Tags: Random, Awesome, Epic, Poll, Gold 

Reply Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!
You gotta investigate a case... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gaias mods are more terrifying than the hackers!
  Agreed! They make bans based on false accusations!
  Don't think so?
  No! I feel safe and secure around the GMs.
  Poll-gold-whore option! Nyeh D:
View Results

Fuzia

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:08 am
"Father, you're too late, my faith is weak...

... before you can solve it!

One of my dear friends got banned yesterday, because of a false accusation, based on her having stolen items on her user! I mean, what the hell? She runs a charity that gives out alot of items every week, she gets items donated alot, people trade ALOT! How could they accuse her of hacking just because she had some items in her vault that were stolen, they could've come from ANYWHERE!
Gosh, I'm even scared of getting gifts now, how silly is that?

I think it would be nice if they were able to lead a community where you shouldn't be afraid of getting gifts, or trading items with the wrong persons, because honestly, the hackers are less frightening than the mods themself!

Unacceptable imo. stare
... So won't you save your half-hearted speech?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:20 am
The policy is "if you profit from someone elses hacking/botting/scamming, then you're as guilty as the person that did it in the first place"

If I was hacked and someone stole something worth 3 mil...Then bought 3 mils worth of items from 100 different people...Every single one of those people has profitted from me being hacked...

Some of those people might have been in on the hacking...Some might be innocent bystanders...

Potentially (whilst unlikely) every single one of those 100 people could have organised to steal my stuff on another forum outside of Gaia...

So all 100 people get banned...

Elendil Telperien

Fuzia

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:22 am

But the thing is, they have IP's, trade logs, gift logs, so on.
They just can't be arsed checking it all through, because they "better" stuff to attend. User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:27 am
ugh..that sucks. gonk  

[Vertically.Challenged]

Fuzia

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:31 am

Indeed, VC!
I'm getting all paranoid, because I got these Oculus Mythica gifted by her yesterday! gonk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:34 am
The admins have pointed this out many times before when questioned on bannings...I forget the exact wording and which admin (I think it was Jakobo that told me this)..

"99% of hack based trades happen between two accounts that have NEVER had any interaction..."

So the point is that if there's no history between the two people and then all of a sudden someone just 'gives' someone else 100k...It looks VERY suspicious...

Moral of the story is to talk to someone for a while before you accept their trade...Work out if it's really genuine...And don't get greedy...Refuse the trade if you suspect ANYTHING out of the ordinary...

Elendil Telperien

[Vertically.Challenged]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:35 am
Fuzia

Indeed, VC!
I'm getting all paranoid, because I got these Oculus Mythica gifted by her yesterday! gonk

O.O

.....that very much sucks.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:38 am
Elendil Telperien
The admins have pointed this out many times before when questioned on bannings...I forget the exact wording and which admin (I think it was Jakobo that told me this)..

"99% of hack based trades happen between two accounts that have NEVER had any interaction..."

So the point is that if there's no history between the two people and then all of a sudden someone just 'gives' someone else 100k...It looks VERY suspicious...

Moral of the story is to talk to someone for a while before you accept their trade...Work out if it's really genuine...And don't get greedy...Refuse the trade if you suspect ANYTHING out of the ordinary...

Hmm, come to think of it, one of my friends got a "Nitemare Scarf" donated, from someone she didn't know... She still has her user, guess that wasn't a stolen item?

Fuzia

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Elendil Telperien

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:44 am
Either not stolen or no one bothered to actually report the hacking...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:52 am

Of a Nitemare Scarf?
I wonder. xd

Fuzia

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Elendil Telperien

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:55 am
Sometimes, depending on circumstances, you just never get your stuff back, ever...So some people just don't bother coming back to Gaia because they view it as sucking a whole bunch of a**...

A couple of people I've known have done that...

It sucks... 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:03 am

I would just make a new character, since I'm here because of my friends, mostly. 3nodding

Fuzia

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

mailer04

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:34 pm
that sucks.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:13 pm
That sucks horribly . . . and on such sites like this it's rare that you're able to defend yourself against any accusations . . . you usually become one person against a high number just trying to get you banned cause they don't like you.  

GrimlyInsane
Crew

M i n a k o
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:34 pm
Awww D= That really sucks..
I would have been super pissed =O

Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash