Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
Welcome to the CIC Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:15 pm
Welcome to the Character Interactive Center. Here, you will find a safe, caring, natural environment in which to introduce your characters for an educational session of character personality and trait experimentation. Please follow all the rules designed specifically for you safety and enjoyment.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:17 pm
HELLO GAIA!

Hey everybody, I'm Spunky, your host of the CIC. Let's take a look at exactly what the CIC is, shall we?

SpunkyOtaku

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:21 pm
The CIC is a wonderful wonderful place, where mini plots, revelations, and epiphanies can enrich your story and characters in a way you never thought possible.

In a nutshell: We roleplay.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:23 pm
In a more detailed explanation, we set our characters against other people's creations, in order to test your character's true traits and boundaries. I guarantee there will be some surprises even you did not expect. These will not be carried over to any thing of your own story, it's just a character exercise.  

SpunkyOtaku

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:30 pm
Now, Most of us are familiar with the main rules:
No God-Modding
No Cybering
Keep it PG-14

But the most important of all: I AM GODDESS!!! Thou shalt obey my law. This is simply for safety purposes. I feel like someone isn't quite going with the flow of the idea... I say something, you listen. Simple as that.

Alright, now there is one more important rule to understand:
This roleplay is for characters- OF a STORY!!! That means, this isn't just a random roleplay, this is a place for story characters to meet. Fanfiction, Novels, comics, Manga ideas, anything like that. Your own character, your own story, period. This is an exercise people. Or just a place to kick back and relax and have fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:40 pm
Now, to start, give a brief paragraph description of your character, what it's from, and what point of your plotline you wish to play your character from. As many can know, different points of your characters life will determine how they react to others, and such things like that. I'll start:

I'm currently working on a fanfiction by the name of Ameliorate. Legend of Zelda realm, however I am writing specifically about two original characters I came up with about last year. I adored them both so much I wanted to write more about them. My female protagonist is easy enough for me to write about, though I need a little work on her brother: Strider. He's kinda funny, real comic relief, but certainly with his own agenda. I figure for ease, I'll write him in the point where he tries to travel into the desert... though there were a few complication, and now he is stuck in an alternate dimension... in his reincarnated body... as a kitten. Poor boy is already having issues.

There, you see? Something like that.  

SpunkyOtaku

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:53 pm
Oh, but if you do want to join, we always can have people play random monsters to attack characters. Or maybe city dwellers? Crowds, animals, something along those lines. You could actually do a lot with that. Just realize that these characters are disposable and will be killed eventually. (Let's face it, if the character does not have a name, chances are they will not last very long anyway.)

So, now that that is out of the way, let's get more people into here, shall we?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:43 pm
Oh! One more thing: You may have noticed in the rules I mentioned Only three, there is one crucial one missing. Because in here, characters die.
That's right, you heard me. Play the game wrong, and you're gone.
Why do I do this? No one is invincible, I want this to carry through to our characters. Use your judgment in what our character's boundaries are. And see what can drive a person to kill. Here's how the system works.

You die once: The body remains as a reminder, until the characters either look away, or bury the body. The person reappears in a second location, memories of the death, the circumstances, or even the time they entered this odd dimension gone.

Die twice: The body remains again, except this time, you remain in spirit form. That means you get to haunt the character that destroyed your character in the first place. And they can't do a darn thing about it. Any power you want you character to still possess in death needs to have a specific reason for it, such as their power is linked directly to their soul. In which case, the power would be unable to control itself anyway, considering that there is no physical medium in which to channel it.

So yeah, basic death rules. Well, mine might come out a bit odd at first because... he's under odd circumstances as it is. sweatdrop He has two physical deaths, then the third time he's in spirit form. Believe me, it will make sense later.  

SpunkyOtaku

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:55 pm

Hm.... Kinda complicated, but Aväris will make an appearance, I can promise you that. twisted

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:04 pm
Cool! Then I'll make the first post! Understand, if it confuses you to high heaven, don't worry, that's it purpose:

He cried out when his long body was knocked against the jagged rock. The eager snarls of the beasts alerted him to another attempted hit. He rolled out of the way and kicked out, hitting a soft body. He stopped when he saw it, the treasure he had been seeking. There it was…

A bright pinpoint at the end of the darkness. He tore through the remaining creatures, ricocheting off the rocks. He did not want to bother with these monsters. Not when he was so close. It felt so far, as though all his running was uselessly keeping him in place. But he could feel himself moving, just not fast enough. His quick heavy steps and heavy pants echoed from the stone confines around him. His gaze remained determinedly at the point of light. It kept getting higher. Higher than the horizon he was running on. He watched in confusion and fear as the light rose in the far distance. The path became an incline, and he had to climb harder to keep speeds.

“NO!” he cried out. He had to crane his neck when it went overhead. “Don’t go!” he begged. The path became so steep he had to use his hands in the darkness in an awkward climb. “Stop!”

He jumped up, and tumbled back in several flips, until he crashed against the rock floor. When he righted again, he saw the light. It was much closer, though a faint silver hue, and was wavering in ripples beneath him. He pushed off the surface curved above his body, brought his hands together in front of his face and dove.

He might have gasped in shock at the sudden cold, had he been able to. The water pressure was intense, it pushed against and around him, painfully pressing into his long ears. The loose fabric of his clothes and short hair flowed in the invisible waves of the water slowing his movement and progress. His hands paddled out against the substance. His hands clawed and reached to the surface, his legs kicked furiously. He needed to see the surface, he needed to get air. The silver hue of light was getting closer, and turning brighter white. He fought desperately against the water forcing his body into slow motion. Finally letting out his breath of relief, he broke through.

And screamed.

SpunkyOtaku

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:12 am

Hokay, so my character's name is Aväris, from the realm of Aleah'Cim. Aväris is a flihva, part of a race of winged people residing on a land that floats thousands of miles above the human realm. In my story, he's done some pretty nasty deeds, but I need to figure out what happened with him before said deeds. I really don't know of his character in a relaxed climate, nor do I know his past. So hopefully this will help me out a bit.

In here, I'll be writing of the time before Aväris did his nasty deeds, so that I can learn more about him and so I don't ruin my story for all those who are and aren't reading my story. biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:24 am
Cool! Give an intro paragraph thing, and then we can begin!  

SpunkyOtaku

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:16 pm
SpunkyOtaku
Cool! Give an intro paragraph thing, and then we can begin!

Um, so basically Aväris is gonna be sucked out of his world into this one? >_0 I'm not really sure where this is.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:36 pm
Oh yeah, I guess I didn't mention it, but it's really your choice. I mean my prologue just shows Strider in a world of Darkness emerging into another world, it could be anywhere. I figured it would just be easier to have him appear in Aleah'Cim, but if you wanna end up somewhere else...

Actually, this could be a good opportunity for you. Expanding in your own world could help.  

SpunkyOtaku

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:13 am

||Okie dokie! Aleah'Cim it is!||

The ray of sunshine peeked through the gap in the curtains, falling gently upon an upturned face. Small particles of dust slowly circulated through the air, only becoming visible in the path of the sunlight. A large bed took up one corner of the room, a curled up figure nestled in its folds. The man stirred, the heat of the sun on his face making him uncomfortable. He turned over, turning his back to the window, thus effectively evading the sun. But day would not be denied. A strong gust of wind blew open the black curtains, a rain of sunlight drenching the winged figure on the bed.

The man groaned, surrendering to the sunlight. He rolled to the edge of the bed, tucking his wings in so as not to entangle them with his other limbs, and dropped to the floor on his hands and knees. He stayed there a moment, black hair cascading over his shoulder and obscuring his face. His white and gold feathered wings fell limp, the effort of holding them to his back proving to be too much this early in the morning. Sighing, the man pushed himself up, getting to his feet with the help of the bed. When he straightened, his hair fell back, revealing an oval, pale face. His eyes were screwed shut against the sunlight; although he had gotten up, his eyes still refused to reveal themselves to the bright light. He stumbled across the room toward the doorway on the opposite side, stumbling over clothes and furniture strewn about the floor. Just as he reached the door, he slipped on a sheet of parchment, arms flailing as he went down.

He landed on his face, a pile of disgruntled feathers and pale limbs. Swearing at himself, he pushed himself back up, flinching as he stepped on his wing. Thoroughly angry, he marched out of the room into a long hallway. The hallway was very plain, just stone walls and no other decoration. At the end, the hallway turned right and doors appeared after the turn. The man aimed for the first one, on his right, and reached for the door handle. However, he tried to push himself through the door before it even opened. He crashed into the door, body protesting against the levels of pain it had been put through its first few minutes of the day.

Sighing, the man opened his eyes, revealing golden orbs. On a normal day, these eyes would be thoughtful, brooding, frighteningly intelligent. But this early in the morning, the eyes were only miserable and tired. The man used his newly opened eyes to find the handle. Finally successful, he pushed the door open and stepped into the steaming room.

Another sigh, though this time one of relief. He had finally reached the palace hot springs. Wonderful.

Gratefully stripping off his breeches, the man stepped into the first empty pool he could find. He let out a pleased breath as soon as his foot found the stone bottom. Slowly submerging himself in the hot water, the man leaned against the shallow walls of the pool, letting his wings stretch out. Glancing around, the man found he was the only one in the large room. The low-ceilinged room had roughly twenty mini pools, all large enough to fit ten men. At one end of the room was the door the man had entered through; at the other end was a roofless portion of the room, sunlight pouring down. The open ceiling made for sunlight to dry off in, and allowed air to circulate within the room.

The man slid down in the water, sitting on an inner ledge, and submerged himself until his nose. His eyes slowly slid shut as he visibly relaxed. He rested like this for several minutes, slipping into a state of drowzy consciousness.

Presently, the wooden door opened, admitting another person. The man's sensitive ears caught the sound of soft footsteps padding in his direction, wings shuffling slightly. The man stayed still, eyes still shut, though his ears were very attentive. An amused chuckle drifted down from above him, the voice musical and content.

Slowly, the man's eyes opened, raising themselves to see who it was standing above him. A mop of curly blonde hair and red eyes greeted him. The man raised his head enough to speak without drowning.

"What?" the man croaked, voice rusty from sleep and unuse. "Maar, what do you want?"

The newcomer, Maar, grinned cheerfully.

"I just came to say goodmorning, sleepy head. I can't believe you only got up now! It's already afternoon; everyone was looking for you, wondering what held you up. Wait till I tell them you were sleeping this whole time!" Maar's voice was light and cheery, and very beautiful. He sounded as if he were singing, except he did it so naturally it sounded like speech.

"Go away," the man sighed, slipping deeper into the water, this time submerging his whole head. He tensed as he felt Maar enter the water with him, drifting to the opposite side of the pool. The man emerged from the water, water cascading down his head. He blinked rapidly to get the water out of his eyes.

"Aväris, get up! Talk to me; I haven't seen you since last night!"

Aväris rolled his eyes, sitting up again to regard Maar fully. Maar sat against the wall much like Aväris did, except he did not submerge his silver wings. Instead, they lifted out of the pool and rested on the warm stone encircling the water.

"Well, you should have stayed. I do have a big bed you know," Aväris grumbled. "Though I'm glad you didn't; I was exhausted and you would have kept me up with your foolish chatter."

Maar adopted a hurt expression on his fine face.

"I'm not foolish! If you had asked, I would have sung you to sleep! You know you like it when I do that." Maar smirked at Aväris, knowing Aväris would not deny it.

Aväris frowned, knowing he was caught. "Well, the point is that you didn't, and you shouldn't complain about not seeing me when it's your fault." With that, his eyes drifted shut again, blocking the smiling man across him from his sight.

"You know, Aväris, for a flihva, you sure are grumpy," Maar commented thoughtfully. Aväris ignored him. Maar mused about this often. "I mean, you're one of the few who isn't a socializer; with your beautiful looks and wings, you'd be sure to attract many admirers."

Aväris snorted, the unseemly sound contrasting greatly with his fine features. "If they're anything like you, Maar, then I do not want to meet them." He yanked his leg out of the way just as Maar kicked at him. "And don't kick me."

Maar grumbled but refrained from attacking again. Aväris knew he had Maar whipped.

-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff