Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
S•A Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:34 am
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:35 am
Story

Her whole life, Hikari Hanazono has been consumed with the desire to win against her school rival, Kei Takishima--at anything. He always comes out on top no matter what he does, and Hikari is determined to do whatever it takes to beat this guy...somehow!

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:36 am
Creator

Maki Minami is from Saitama prefecture in Japan. She debuted in 2001 with Kanata no Ao (Faraway Blue). Her other works include Kimi wa Girlfriend (You're My Girlfriend), Mainichi ga Takaramono (Every Day Is a Treasure) and Yuki Atataka (Warm Winter). S•A is her current series in Japan's Hana to Yume magazine.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:39 am
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 17 volumes
Status in US :: 17/17 released

User Image
Volume 1
At age 6 Hikari lost to Kei in an impromptu wrestling match. Now, at 15, Hikari joins "Special A," a group of the top seven students at a private academy, for the opportunity to trounce the guy who made her suffer her first defeat.

User Image
Volume 2
Hikari and Kei are pitted against a pair of professional wresters in a challenge issued by the student council. Hikari may now be on the same team as Kei, but a rival is still a rival!

User Image
Volume 3
Yahiro, a childhood friend of Kei and Akira, tells Hikari that Kei is in love with her. Hikari would confront Kei to find out the truth...if she wasn't so busy avoiding him!

User Image
Volume 4
After finding out about Hikari's date with Tadashi, Kei is driven to distraction and kidnaps Hikari. However, Kei soon develops a high fever and collapses, and Hikari finds herself nursing him. Will Kei's love finally reach the thickheaded Hikari?

User Image
Volume 5
Kei's family has arranged for him to marry a girl named Sakura...but Sakura is already hopelessly in love with her ideal "prince," Jun! When Hikari finds out, she is all too delighted to play matchmaker between Jun and Kei's bride-to-be...but this latest attempt to humiliate Kei is about to backfire in a way she never expected.

User Image
Volume 6
The Kokusen Academy Culture Festival is here, and the SA crew is making sure it runs smoothly. But chaos erupts when Kei's grandfather tries to haul Kei off to London! Worse, when Hikari tries to intervene, she gets abducted! But the worst part of it all is that amidst all the drama, Hikari is starting to realize her true feelings for Kei...

User Image
Volume 7
The Sports Festival rages on, and Hikari has to win if she wants to stay in SA... but she's not the only one who's sweating. Will Kei risk his reputation to keep Hikari in the fold? Prepare for ruthless battles, nail-biting tension, and the introduction of SA's first couple!

User Image
Volume 8
When Hikari finally asks Kei out, it seems like a dream come true. But Kei wasn't counting on a double date with Sakura and Jun! And when Kei and Hikari finally get a moment alone, who shows up but the dreaded Yahiro? Throw Megumi, Tadashi and Akira in the mix, and it's another troubled day in paradise!

User Image
Volume 9
Kei's grandfather summons Hikari to London to tell her Kei is overextending himself for her sake. Feeling guilty, Hikari decides to keep her distance from Kei. But her luck takes a strange turn when a prince she meets in London follows her all the way back to Japan! Will Hikari fall for his royal charms while she's avoiding Kei?

User Image
Volume 10
When Sakura learns of Hikari's feelings for Kei, she is determined to get the two together! But getting Hikari to confess is more difficult than anyone imagined. The effort will take Kei and Hikari from a haunted house to a deadly duel to a date with Kei's mom to...Australia?! This is one trip you won't want to miss!

User Image
Volume 11
Just when it seems like Hikari might finally come to terms with her feelings for Kei, a huge new obstacle looms up between them. Kei's grandfather, the patriarch of the clan, comes to Japan, demanding that Kei return to London. But is that his real objective, or is he hiding something?

User Image
Volume 12
Special A is in an uproar! The conservatory is set to be demolished unless the SA class wins the Elite High School Student Tournament. Hikari is enthusiastic to be in the competition, but Kei and Ryu are at odds over a mysterious girl! Will they be able to come together and defeat their old nemesis Kokusen High, or is this end of Special A?!

User Image
Volume 13
Kei's grandfather, determined to keep the boy under his control, traps him in London and makes plans to publicly announce Kei's appointment to president of a company, along with his engagement to the company chairman's daughter. Hikari and the SA gang try to get to London to save him--but with Aoi determined to stop them at all costs, will they make it in time?

User Image
Volume 14
The world of the SA class is turned upside down when Iori Tokiwa, a new student, transfers in and takes second place after Kei in the rankings, knocking Hikari down to third. But instead of resenting him, Hikari recognizes Iori as a kindred spirit as they both aim for the number one spot. As the two grow close, Kei must deal with a completely new experience--jealousy.

User Image
Volume 15
The SA class decides to get away from it all with a vacation in Finn's home country to join in the big beach festival. But it's no fun in the sun for Finn when the alluring Alisa Apelton attempts to make Ryu her boyfriend. Things go from bad to worse when during a poolside accident, Hikari finds out Finn's secret!

User Image
Volume 16
Hikari's friendship with Iori Tokiwa is causing Kei much anxiety. He hates himself for being jealous yet is still mad at Iori for taking up Hikari's time. But Hikari is dedicated to helping Iori fulfill his dream of becoming a hairdresser. The tension builds when she agrees to be Iori's model in a hairstyling contest!

User Image
Volume 17
Joy abounds when final exams are over and the students begin to plan for the summer festival. But secretly Hikari is heartbroken--she'll be moving to Kyushu because of her father's job. She can't bring herself to tell Kei and the others. Will she really leave the boy and the school she loves?

kel aka gandy
Captain

ellehciMMichelle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:17 pm
I absolutely love this manga. It is one of my favourites and I'm really enjoying the anime too. I love Hikari's determination to beat Kei. Its so cute~  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:44 pm
This manga is absolutly wonderful. It's just so fun to read ^_^
I have yet to watch the anime (I'd like too) But I'm enjoying how it's turning out right now....LMAO funny!  

puppy444219

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

that_aly82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:04 pm
This is manga is on my top five fave mangas. its so funny and Takishima is awesome! I also like the Akira and Tadashi pair.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:27 am
So, I still haven't read any of the actual manga, but I've started to watch the anime, and I really like it! It's completely random sometimes, but it's just so much fun. Hikari is so spastic and oblivious, you just have to like her.

kel aka gandy
Captain

that_aly82

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:31 pm
The anime is good but I think the manga is better. There is so much more extra to the story.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:49 pm
I love it when the main character of a shojo manga can kick some butt!!!
It's funny manga! I can't wait to read more! biggrin  

Vampirepenguinlover

My Life Light

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:07 am
I love the manga! Is there an anime of it yet?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:13 am
mywill123
I love the manga! Is there an anime of it yet?

Not in the US, but there is one running in Japan right now with 21 episodes so far and 24 total expected episodes. So it's almost done, and since SB has the manga, it's likely that the anime will be licensed.

kel aka gandy
Captain

babyteiz

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:50 pm
I like the dominance in guys like Kei....but for once, I would love to see her win.

Akira and Tadashi are super cute.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:20 am
i started reading this, i wasn't to sure about it in the begining but now i like it  

protecterofelements

Mockingjay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:34 am
It is a good manga but in all honesty it started to drag.  
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games