Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
"Muslim" countries? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  that's crazy!
  that's good!
View Results

_rainarai_

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:48 pm
you..know..i'm Tunisian..i don't wear hijab..and you know (or not) that wearing hijab in Tunisia..and also in Turkey is forbidden..they are both Muslim countries..so why do they do that..i remember..i had a friend there..in Tunisia..she started wearing hijab..and one day in school..they saw her..and they told her to take it off..i mean..what the hell???!
It's forbidden in schools..and work..and..i wanna know why..and please don't tell me you should know you are from there, or ask your parents..or wikepedia..
So..you tell me..i don't know..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:39 pm
Turkey is a secular nation. They managed to separate politics from religion, which is how it should be. They keep religion out of government. The people practice the faith, but it is not integrated into the government

While I don't care for them forcibly banning hijabs, I think girls should have the option of having them, and not be condemned for either choice.

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:10 am
***sensor***

come on!!

they practice Islam

then how the heck that would be prohibited!!

did you talk to your mother about this!!

and i also agree with jibril that it should be allowed or i think it should not be called a Muslim country then...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 am
There are many Arab countries that are within the Muslim Region, But don't seem to act accordingly to be a Muslim Country, As such how can you call a Country that stones women and gives men illegal authority over women to make the status that Men rule over women always? (I'm looking at you, Saudi's. stare ) not to mention the oppression. In my eyes these aren't Muslim Countries, Nor are the rulers Muslims, Maybe the Citizens but not the Country as a whole.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:38 pm
tassan
***sensor***

come on!!

they practice Islam

then how the heck that would be prohibited!!

did you talk to your mother about this!!

and i also agree with jibril that it should be allowed or i think it should not be called a Muslim country then...

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

erm...i didn't think that Islam was strictly based off of whether or not women wear hijabs or not. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:07 am
What? Is that true? eek eek eek It is forbidden? I readed that 95% of Türkey was muslims... I also chatted with some eek How come this is true? surprised

Türkey was the boss of the muslim country's! eek eek eek eek

Someone should do something... Kill the goverment? wink  

Zaakii

_rainarai_

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:22 am
Zaaki
What? Is that true? eek eek eek It is forbidden? I readed that 95% of Türkey was muslims... I also chatted with some eek How come this is true? surprised

hah! what a great idea, zaaki. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:25 pm
Zaaki

What? Separation from religion and government is such a bad thing?
And, Zaaki, it's98% Muslim.

I can see why they would do so, in order to stifle ultra fundamentalist conservative Muslims from screwing the small percentage of people and other religions [namely Jews and Christians]. And to co-exist with the modern world

Oh, and rainarai, while you may be justified in your resentment with Turkey, there are some Muslim women that are quite fine with it and find it liberating to be without hijabs

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Zaakii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:19 pm
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

I can see why they would do so, in order to stifle ultra fundamentalist conservative Muslims from screwing the small percentage of people and other religions [namely Jews and Christians]. And to co-exist with the modern world

Oh, and rainarai, while you may be justified in your resentment with Turkey, there are some Muslim women that are quite fine with it and find it liberating to be without hijabs

98% Thanks for the info smile

I haven't cheked that link... But i think you are true when you say that THERE IS SOME MUSLIM WOMEN THAT THINK IT'S FINE NOt WEARING HIJAB! But it's stupid, if they wanto! It is nerly the same as banning namaz!

And hmmm, now i think i know why there is not soo many Türks in this guild... I bet they are false muslims! Most of them...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:09 pm
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

I haven't cheked that link... But i think you are true when you say that THERE IS SOME MUSLIM WOMEN THAT THINK IT'S FINE NOt WEARING HIJAB! But it's stupid, if they wanto! It is nerly the same as banning namaz!

And hmmm, now i think i know why there is not soo many Türks in this guild... I bet they are false muslims! Most of them...
Personally, I thought that praying was much more important than a piece of cloth on someone's head.

*rolls eyes* Zaaki, wake up and smell the roses. Just because someone is from Turkey doesn't mean they're a false Muslim.

Zaakii

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:11 am
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

Personally, I thought that praying was much more important than a piece of cloth on someone's head.

*rolls eyes* Zaaki, wake up and smell the roses. Just because someone is from Turkey doesn't mean they're a false Muslim.

If they were real muslims they would not allow the goverment ban hijab!

A hijab is important for females! And namaz is also important!

A hijab is not jus a piece of cloth! It's to cover the aurat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is like banning to wear cloth! And all people must be naked.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:25 am
Zaaki
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

A hijab is not jus a piece of cloth! It's to cover the aurat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is like banning to wear cloth! And all people must be naked.

Then why aren't more men wearing it? I say if a cloth is that important, we should all be wearing it, not just females.

I personally think that there are more important things in life than whether you're having a hijab on your head or not.

There's a difference between something that covers your head and the rest of your body.

I still say it's a freaking cloth. That's what it is. A piece of cloth that women must protect themselves from some vague concept. I think it's stupid, and after seeing some of the posts and doing my own resarch...i'm kinda GLAD now that has happened. There are far too many extremists in the world that use this "hijab" concept to oppress women in the middle east. Look at the burqa. You call that fair and protecting women? You can hardly see out of those things. I would kill myself if I were a woman than live life outside the home behind a screen vision. I hate the Taliban for doing this.

while the idea of hijab is nice...i think it's too easily abused by Muslim men, and am glad that Turkey has taken this step.

Zaakii

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:56 am
Zaaki
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

Then why aren't more men wearing it? I say if a cloth is that important, we should all be wearing it, not just females.

I personally think that there are more important things in life than whether you're having a hijab on your head or not.

There's a difference between something that covers your head and the rest of your body.

I still say it's a freaking cloth. That's what it is. A piece of cloth that women must protect themselves from some vague concept. I think it's stupid, and after seeing some of the posts and doing my own resarch...i'm kinda GLAD now that has happened. There are far too many extremists in the world that use this "hijab" concept to oppress women in the middle east. Look at the burqa. You call that fair and protecting women? You can hardly see out of those things. I would kill myself if I were a woman than live life outside the home behind a screen vision. I hate the Taliban for doing this.

while the idea of hijab is nice...i think it's too easily abused by Muslim men, and am glad that Turkey has taken this step.

I would kill myself right now, if it was not haram!

And in a real muslim country all womens should wear hijab! Their face don't mind, but they should wear hijab! Hijab is IMPORTANT! Thee taliban are doing the right thing! Womens aren't like mens! If the womens get too free, the become like my sister! And i think that when they wear hijab, they are more sweet. And after my "reserch" They are better muslims, and much nicer to talk with, and they are much more respectful!

I love Türkey! But the goverment is stupid! mad If you honor Allah, you honor hijab! And Taliban is nice! They are just protecting themself from evil atackers! Rusians ben atacking them, amaricans, ben atacking them... Now the whole world are trying to beat them! But TALIBAN IS STRONG!!!!!!!!! And they are still protecting their country, and their womens from the evil atackers!

If the Taliban was not there, belive me! Afghanistan would be the slave country! They would all be serving christians! But Afghanistan is strong! They beat the whole EVIL world!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:05 am
Zaaki
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Zaaki

My god..! Okay..if I was now, living in Tunisia OR Turkey..and let's say..i want to wear hijab!! You can't!! BUT yOU CAN wear it and stay at home doing NOTHING!!!
I mean..it's they're choice..!!
hah! they look really happy! :'D  

_rainarai_

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:45 am
I don't believe you "Need" A Hijab to be a good woman, Because there are girls/woman who still act as most Christian/Jewish or any kind of female around the world which in turn proves that it relies on major figures that influence these people, And banning them from it doesn't help anyone because then Law looks as if it is oppressive towards women or something as such, Sorry if I'm not making much sense but I believe the best way to resolve the issue is just to have the Hijab not as a law, NOR as not a law, Just something someone can wear if they want, As the U.S does.  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff