Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LolCow Loves Cheeze

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:30 pm
User Image
. . .
So, today I got an e-mail from my band teacher for high school next year. (I'll be a freshman... INSANITY!! IT'S HACKIN' HARD!
I've never seen or attempted to play music that hard before, and the music I played in middle school is far below what I'm expected to learn. It's so... so threatening. Like... will ALL of high school be this insanely hard? I know you'll all say "You'll get it if you practice User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show." But... I'm trying to practice... It's just too difficult. Those of you who play and instrument or read music would know how I feel about this... I suddenly have this thrust upon me and am expected to be able to play it by August. No way! It would take a lot of nagging and bribes to get me to play something like that...
Oh, and if you guys just wanna know what the music is, it's called 12 Seconds To The Moon, and I lost the composer's name. xD It's an awesome piece of music, just very very VERY hard.
Waah!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:09 am
User Image

Oh man, back when I took band I totally failed at it xd
What do you play?

Lucky Charms Pancake
Crew

LolCow Loves Cheeze

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:00 am
User Image
. . .
I play the Flute... but I totally suck. ._.
I feel like crap, and I've been trying to get this music down forever. I think I got the easy parts... but still it's very hard. T.T

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:08 am
I tryed play the flute for about 6 months! But I sucked at it I dont play anything but I do sing a bit. My BF on the over hand plays guitar in a band(Its pretty much his job!)  

crescent moon dreams

Lady Catalina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:26 am
I played the oboe for 3 years in middle school. For high school I switched to the saxophone. So I had NO CLUE how hard the high school music would be. I was bad. But it gets better. Most every freshman in HS sucks. Because the music has to be able to cover four different grade levels. You'll get better at it, don't worry. Just practice! ^-^ And good luck! Band was what made high school bearable for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:54 am
User Image
. . .
Yeah... my brother is friends with practically everyone in the band, so I guess I'll have to be too. That will make HS easier for me I guess, having 180+ friends! xD
I'm worried about being able to play the music though... I'm trying to play it slower but the thing is, it's REALLY fast with a lot of notes strung really close together. You could imagine that it's difficult to play...

LolCow Loves Cheeze

XV - Shadowed Mistress

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:56 am
Coming from a Sophmore (well not technically one yet... school hasn't started.) I can tell you this:

Freshman year isn't that hard.

Unless you have all honors classes.

Then your screwed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:11 pm
User Image
. . .
*cough..* I have all honors classes...
Biology Honors, Geometry Honors, and English Honors...
WAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
T_________T

LolCow Loves Cheeze

GA Eriwain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:18 pm
I taught myself to play the piano, so its not really the same thing, but I found that breaking the music into small sections( 3 or 4 bars) and learning each note slowly really helped me.I think it depends on how you learn stuff though. I am an interactive learner( I pick things up by doing them) so training my hands to do things was easiest.
[/rambling]  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:51 pm
I applaud you for being able to play a musical instrument. I can't read those darn musical notes gonk  

Neiina

LolCow Loves Cheeze

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:07 pm
User Image
. . .
He he, I've been reading music since 3rd grade User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
And I've been playing flute since 6th.. I played Euphonium for 4th and 5th grade.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:23 pm
Neiina
I applaud you for being able to play a musical instrument. I can't read those darn musical notes gonk
I used to be able to read music really well when I played the recorder, but now I can't, which is bad because I take GCSE music. I lost it. xD I guess it's like learning a language. If you don't practice, you eventually forget.  

Amy Obscurite

Neiina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:04 pm
Amy Obscurite
Neiina
I used to be able to read music really well when I played the recorder, but now I can't, which is bad because I take GCSE music. I lost it. xD I guess it's like learning a language. If you don't practice, you eventually forget.

>___< ooooh I remember the recorder lessons. I couldn't read the musical notes then. one of my friends helped me by writing down the numbers so I would know which finger to pick up or put down  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:04 pm
I can only imagine since I can't play a note on anything.

I'm sure it'll be just like learning any new thing. The more you do it, the easier it'll get. I'm sure it's going to be way frustrating, just don't give up! :3  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Neiina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:05 pm
Super Organic
User Image
. . .
He he, I've been reading music since 3rd grade User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
And I've been playing flute since 6th.. I played Euphonium for 4th and 5th grade.

that is like mind blowing to me ahahaha 3rd grade? wow. >__<  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces