Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
SWT? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Here, have some gold.
  Thanks! <3
View Results

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:00 pm
Sorry if there's already a thread about this.

I'm almost clueless when it comes to the differences between sects of Islam and things like that. sweatdrop I've been seeing "SWT" a lot right after someone says "Allah." So I'm just wondering if that's important and what it means.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:53 pm

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
i forgot the arabic words that stand for it, but it's like a term of respect. I suppose in a way it's like how Christains refer to Jesus Christ...er we really should call him Jesus the Christ, since jesus's last name wasn't Christ...

What really happened at the wedding in Canaan:
"Hello there Mr. Christ and Mrs. Virgin Mary, please come to our wedding."

Oh noes,Mister Christ we're outta wine?! Christ, what are we gonna do??"

*blessing by Jesus---water turns to wine*

"CHRIST YOU DID IT!! Thank you mister Christ and Mrs. Virgin Mary"

xd

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:15 pm
Ratri_Cat

i forgot the arabic words that stand for it, but it's like a term of respect. I suppose in a way it's like how Christains refer to Jesus Christ...er we really should call him Jesus the Christ, since jesus's last name wasn't Christ...

xd

XD Nice.

So it's just a more formal way to refer to Allah?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:36 pm
BeXlieXve
Ratri_Cat

xd

XD Nice.

So it's just a more formal way to refer to Allah?
from my extremely limited view, it's a title that goes along with saying Allah. It's to show respect for the most part I guess.  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:38 am
Ratri_Cat

xd

uh!! so you mean its legal drinking wine in Christianity (i thought it was not allowed!)

BeXlieXve
Sorry if there's already a thread about this.

I'm almost clueless when it comes to the differences between sects of Islam and things like that. sweatdrop I've been seeing "SWT" a lot right after someone says "Allah." So I'm just wondering if that's important and what it means.

well i duno that either

but in arabic

we write

Allah sal la lahuh Alay wasalam

welll that is how it is pronounced!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:57 am
Yes, Christians take communion when they go to church. We have a sip of wine (which represents the blood of Christ) and a piece of bread (which represents the body of Christ). It's a way to remember his sacrifice for us.  

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:40 pm
BeXlieXve
Yes, Christians take communion when they go to church. We have a sip of wine (which represents the blood of Christ) and a piece of bread (which represents the body of Christ). It's a way to remember his sacrifice for us.

can you describe wine?

is it some how like alcohol or what?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:13 pm
tassan
BeXlieXve

can you describe wine?

is it some how like alcohol or what?

Wine is a type of alcoholic drink. Us Catholics are considered wierd, as we believe in something called transubstantiation.

This means we believe that when the priest consecrates the bread and wine, it literally becomes the body and blood of Jesus Christ.

Oh, and on the alcohol bit?
Think Irish Catholics and Italian Catholics and German Catholics.

We drink and we know how to party and do it all responsibly.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

_rainarai_

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:28 pm
I think we say.. "Allah 'azza wa jalla"

But we say "Muhammad, salla allahu 'alayhi wa sallam"

And SWT stands for "Subhanahu wa ta'ala" and I don't know how to translate it to english..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:45 pm
Tassan: Basically what Ratri said. Wine is an alcoholic drink, but it's considered more... high-class. It's not beer. I've always considered the "body and blood of Jesus Christ" to be a metaphor, not literally His body and blood. (I've never taken communion though, and I was never baptised.) And, as Ratri said, Catholics are known for their drinking habits. XD

Rainarai: Okay, thank you. <3  

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:07 pm
_rainarai_
I think we say.. "Allah 'azza wa jalla"

But we say "Muhammad, salla allahu 'alayhi wa sallam"

And SWT stands for "Subhanahu wa ta'ala" and I don't know how to translate it to english..

I believe from translation SWT would be "God be with us and come" Or something of the sort, I know "wa" and "ta'ala" mean "and" and "come" Not sure of "Subhanahu"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:56 am
Umm... Spotttystripes knows it wink But it's some thing like (salalah wa ta'ala) Im whery not sure... But it have ta'ala  

Zaakii

_rainarai_

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:35 am
Zaaki
Umm... Spotttystripes knows it wink But it's some thing like (salalah wa ta'ala) Im whery not sure... But it have ta'ala

It is "Subhanahu wa ta'ala" smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:05 am
BeXlieXve
Tassan: Basically what Ratri said. Wine is an alcoholic drink, but it's considered more... high-class. It's not beer. I've always considered the "body and blood of Jesus Christ" to be a metaphor, not literally His body and blood. (I've never taken communion though, and I was never baptised.) And, as Ratri said, Catholics are known for their drinking habits. XD

you mean alcohal is allowed in Catholicism?

its odd!!

i heard somebody say that no religion allows Alcohol?  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:10 am
tassan
BeXlieXve

you mean alcohal is allowed in Catholicism?

its odd!!

i heard somebody say that no religion allows Alcohol?

Alcohol is allowed in Catholicism. I swear, it's one of the main reasons why they've lasted so long xd
Some of the weird fundamentalist branches of Christianity such as the Quakers, abstain from alcohol.
Seventh Day Adventists refrain from that and about half of them are vegetarians.

Mormons, who are not considered Christian, by Catholic standards, do not drink alcoholic beverages or anything containing caffeine. However, Mormons do own the the Coca-Cola company xd

...Yeah i had an interesting religion class in high school....  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff