Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply ^-~ Anime/Manga Planet ~-^
Manga/Manhwa Quotes! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

:D
  GOLD!
View Results

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:24 pm

Yup, basically the same as Anime Quotes, but with quotes from... manga or manhwa... sweatdrop So yes, post your favorite manga/manhwa quotes here, my good people. biggrin

Note: Manhwa are Korean comics, like 'Bring it On!' or 'Faerie's Landing.' biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:33 am
I've never read Manhwa before. XD Does it read right to left, like mangas?  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:34 am

Nope. It's like regular, American books/comic books. But manhwa are drawn like manga. Their names are just usually Korean, like in 'Faeries' Landing,' or 'Bring it On!' But some manhwa have regular names [ish] like 'Demon Diary.' In Demon Diary, some characters' names are Eclipse, Chris... and that's about it for the normal ones... [Krayon, Erutis, Raenef, Meruhesae, etc.] biggrin Does that explain it?

Edit: Actually, the art in manhwa tend to be prettier. biggrin I swear. Well, in the three manhwa I've read. biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:58 pm
Prettier, as in more detailed? Wait, are the pages in color, or in black/white? XD;;

And it reads left to right, then? How about the size? Is it the same size, like length x width, as a typical manga?  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:16 pm

3nodding Yes, more detailed, and usually the eyes are sparklier. biggrin It's basically manga, just read left-to-right and with Korean names. [Size is same as manga, though sometimes bigger. biggrin ] I have a site where I read manga/manhwa [the pages are scanned, so I know it's accurate heart ] but I don't know the url off the top of my head... I'mma have to post it later, if/when I find it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:22 pm
Okay, thanks. Any recommendations? xD

And yay for more detail! Sometimes it annoys me in a manga, when they show people at a distance as basically stick figures. XD I'm like: "..."  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:31 pm

Well, I only read three manhwa [which are the greatest!], but yeah, I’d love to recommend them. biggrin I like [Bring it On!] by [Baek Hye-kyung], and [Faeries’ Landing] by [You Hyun], and [Demon Diary] by (artists) [Kim Yoon-gyeong and Jeong Eun-sook] who go by one name of [Kara] and the writers are [Lee Chi-hyong] (first novel) and then [Lee Yun-hee] (last six novels). Those mangas are really great. biggrin Demon Diary is slight Shonen-Ai. biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:20 pm

Aha! I foundedededed it. biggrin

Faeries' Landing [That little pixie thing on the front page isn't part of the manga.]

Demon Diary [Whee!]

Aw... They don't have Bring it On! emo Oh well... But read Demon Diary and Faeries' Landing!

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:39 am
Thanks. XD I would rather read the actual book than the internet though. XD My internet can get pretty slow sometimes...with those sorts of websites. XD I have no idea why. 0_0

Anyways, I will look in my library later for it. Do you think it might be in the same section as the mangas?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:52 am

Yeah, most likely. You can find manhwa on the same shelf as manga in any bookstore. biggrin

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:15 pm
Okay, thanks. Next time I go to the public library, I have to check out a manhwa.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:58 pm
3nodding Yes!  

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:35 am
Okay. wink I'll let you know once I find a manhwa.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:10 pm
Zero: Gabija! A man just fell from the sky! You want him?

heart

[In a tutorial, the king of Avalon is talking about traveling to the past in portals.]

King of Avalon: Jump into that sucker, walk up to the first person you see and ask what the date is. If you're in the past, you were successful. If he gives you today's date, you failed. If he says some day in the future, then I don't know what the hell kind of spell you were casting, and you'd better start praying to Buddha because you...is...screwed!!!

heart

~Faeries' Landing  

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer