Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
E3 shocker! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Valand

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:47 pm
As some of you may or may not know, that one of the worlds biggest video game conference kicked off yesterday. On G4 they showed about 6 or 7, maybe 8 hours of Microsoft's Xbox 360 content that will be out in the months to come. Some of the new things to come out for the Xbox are Gears of War 2, Halo wars, and Fable 2, as well as some major updates for your Xbox 360.

But one of the BIGGEST things that was shown yesterday was Square-Enix is going to release Final Fantasy XIII (13) for the 360.

This got me thinking. If the PS3 is doing so bad, that they are bring one of PlayStation biggest hits to Xbox 360. Whats going to happen to the dot.Hack series? Today Sony has stated that 130 something titles will be released this year, maybe next year I wasn't really listening. But I think its about time that maybe we start getting our hopes up for the next dot.hack games to be bigger and better then the others.

In some of the other dot.hack guilds that I am apart of I have asked this question before, and now I will do it with you guys. If dot.Hack did come to the Xbox 360, what kind of things would you like to see? I know its along shot in the dark, considering the PS3 and the Xbox 360 have been out for some time, but just think of what could be coming out?

As for me, I wouldn't mind playing a dot.Hack game online instead of making it seem that I am playing online. True, they have tried the online thing before, and failed at it. But this time around I truely think they can do it.

Please tell me what you think.

Thanks,
Valand.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:20 pm
If .hack gets on the 360 I would be crying and smiling at the same time...but you have to think...alot of the games on the 360 FAIL if they aren't some big name since a majority of the games on it are shooters. But that would give them the chance to FINALLY bring .hack online. I still have my money on it coming to the wii though.  

Tokio Kuryuu

Jeax

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:05 pm
Actually the reason why the FF series is going on the 360 and the PS3 is so they can ADD MORE FANS, not that the PS3 is doing so bad.

Want proof? Japan will NOT have a 360 version of FF13, it will only be PS3 there.

Anyways, the 130 titles are for the Playstation 2 specifically, there are more than that coming out >.> lol

And lastly, I severely doubt the .hack series would move to the 360 or Wii, it isn't that popular and I kinda doubt they'll come out with a new game, BUT, if they do, I'd wager all my money on it being an MMO, since that is what most .hack fans clammer for over a normal RPG, so it would probably be released on a lot of systems.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:18 pm
Honestly, I was more impressed with Sony's press conference. Between the Resistance gameplay, the Littlebig Planet footage, and all the other stuff, they really made it come off like they didn't care about Square-Enix pussing out on them.

I mean, did you see the stuff about M.A.G.? It looks freaking awesome! Just the premice sounds epic. 256 people, all going at it at once....I feel like I want to cry, it's so awesome.

Jack2634

Kamen Ride

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:50 pm
User Image

With the .hack series on XBL you would see an influx of support. With XBL's capabilities a real 'theWorld' is possible. If you saw the new dashboard coming in a soon update you will see the very possibilities. 8 player parties and voice chat. If you look at Halo and how bad the original E3 appearance was, then compare it to its popularity now. You'll see the answer is word of mouth. All it would take is .hack fans word on the game and many other RPG players would join. The game would then sky rocket. Joining with the 360 will also grant them features the PS3 will not have for awhile. The online experience is superior on Xbox.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:01 pm
The only thing I liked about the Sony stuff was about little big planet, other then that its all not worth getting a PS3 for. M.A.G. looks like every other shooter game, only thing that is different is that more guys are going to be walking around with raspy voices from yelling because they keep dieing because 250 people are playing on a map.  

Lord Valand

Jack2634

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:30 pm
Clown Of God
User Image

With the .hack series on XBL you would see an influx of support. With XBL's capabilities a real 'theWorld' is possible. If you saw the new dashboard coming in a soon update you will see the very possibilities. 8 player parties and voice chat. If you look at Halo and how bad the original E3 appearance was, then compare it to its popularity now. You'll see the answer is word of mouth. All it would take is .hack fans word on the game and many other RPG players would join. The game would then sky rocket. Joining with the 360 will also grant them features the PS3 will not have for awhile. The online experience is superior on Xbox.

I dunno, Xbox Live doesn't really look like it's done a whole lot in terms of MMOs, sure, you can play Halo 3, or Gears of War or some other game online with tons of other people, but it doesn't really look like it's....friendly enough, to host an MMO. Like if it went to Xbox Live, then it'd be filled with whiny ten year olds, bitching about the games too hard! It's boring! There's not enough action! The Xbox, despite what people may think is not a console meant for RPGs. It's meant for Halo, and Gears of War, and Dead or Alive. If they really, REALLY, want to make a .hack MMORPG, then it should go on the PC, like every other MMORPG out there. There's a reason for it, besides the fact that it's just the platform MMORPGs use. Aside from the technical advantages, such as not needing to worry that if you got the RROD (Red Ring of Death, which means your Xbox is corrupted), that your character data is in danger.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:42 pm
User Image

I agree that the PC is a lot better for games like that. But the OP asked about the 360/Ps3 so I stated my opinion on it. Plus 10 year olds are everywhere not just the 360.

Kamen Ride

Lord Valand

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:25 pm
I think the red ring of death is mostly the gamers fault. My brother has gotten the ring 2 times, and I have came to believe that its because people leave their Xbox on to long. But I have also herd of cases where people buy a brand new xbox and get it right when they turn it on. Even still, the game doesn't have to be looked as a MMO. Look at what they did with Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom, you can play with a set crew of 4 and be any lvl, talk threw xbl, and you can host your own thing. So if anything, they can have a story line and then have it to where people host their own little servers with the 3 people party, or do something along the lines of GTA. I don't know if the servers are hosted by the people who made GTA as well as the people who made KUF, but there are ways that you can do it.

PC would be best, fer sure. But I like play on my HDtv and laying in bed. D:  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:09 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I herd rumors about the next .Hack game on the PS3. I was shocked too since I have never seen a FF game on the Xbox systems. They do have an online .Hack but only in Japan for the PS2. I prefer .Hack on the PS3. And it Can't be the gamers fault for the red ring. I can play on the PS2 or Gamecube for hours non stop too and it never overheated. One of my friends said to me that if I ever want an Xbox to wait a while cause they usually have problems.

Midori of the Azure Land

Winter Faun

19,675 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Lord Valand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:21 am
Look how big an xbox is compared to a GC or a PS2. It could vary well be the gamers fault, I am sure it says in the info that you get with your PS2 and GC that you should play it for x amount of hours, where my brother would leave his 360 on for days on in, with no fan, and a room at least 76f. So playing it for a long a** time and not keeping it cool, yes it will mess up.

Where did you hear about the next dot.Hack game? Is it on the Japanese website?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:03 pm
If .Hack came to 360? That would be sweet.....

But if it were to come true, better be an option where you can create a character and go online. stare  

Kochou Rairakku

Sexy Fox

Lord Valand

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:01 pm
The_real_Axel
If .Hack came to 360? That would be sweet.....

But if it were to come true, better be an option where you can create a character and go online. stare

You could on the japanese ps2 mmo.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:33 pm
OH ******** YEA FF ON XBOX360 THAT MEANS LESS MONEY FOR ME TO SPEND BUUUUT u know i kinda saw this comming to make more money do u think square enix could be doing this

Putting final fantasy 13 on the xbox360

puttin Final Fantasy versus 13 on the PS3

and final fantasy Agito 13 on the cellphone*this oen has been proven*  

haseo9

haseo9

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:40 pm
um u know the red ring of death can happen for many reasons lets say u have an xbox360 from like 06 kinda like me *no not the core version the noormal version that everyone play* if u try playing halo or an nba game that was new it could mess up your xbox espcially the halo butive experinced the red ring of death it can happen when someone trips over a cord and pulls out the xbox360 cord it may cause it to shortcircut or just the red ring would show up and u just push the button and turn off the red ring  
@Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff