Submit

Worried?
  Not about Edward
  Good point....
  GOLD! ^_^
View Results

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:14 pm
Okay if any of you have seen my post, you know I am in 100% SUPPORT of the movie/actors/EVERYTHING. But I saw the newest trailer

Here's the link (not the ET version but a better one):
http://www.hisgoldeneyes.com/ (it's the big video under "OME". it might not be there after a few weeks from this post so don't worry if it's not there. it'll probably be on youtube in HD by then.)

Anyways, back to the subject of this.....So far in all the footage we've gotten to see Robert has done a great job at making sure we know how complex Edward is/feels/looks. He's always "dark" and "mysterous". BUT in the books Edward IS charming and does smile right? I mean i haven't seen Robert lighten Edward up like he does in the book. don't get me wrong, Rob does a good job but seriously....I've seen only ONE crooked smile. I know the movie isn't out but do ya think Rob is focusing too much on Edwards-"I'm-so-emo-cuz-I'm-a-vampire-and-I-wanna-eat-the-love-of my-life" thing? There was the "you can google it" line but they don't make it seem like Edward can laugh or dazzle you with one look.
It makes me wonder....
Other than that, the trailer is freakin kick a** ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:16 pm
I still think he will be great!!!!!!  

Emo Oompa Loompa

T0m03

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:01 am
Well, in the book, when he's confronted by Bella with that question of how he saved her life, he wasn't too happy. Considering that none of us has seen the entire movie, I don't think there is any possible way for us to count how many times Edward Cullen is going to smile and whether or not he's supposed to smile more or less so maybe you should stop worrying so much.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:06 am
T0m03
Well, in the book, when he's confronted by Bella with that question of how he saved her life, he wasn't too happy. Considering that none of us has seen the entire movie, I don't think there is any possible way for us to count how many times Edward Cullen is going to smile and whether or not he's supposed to smile more or less so maybe you should stop worrying so much.

I'm not talking about when Bella confonts Edward. I'm talking about the whole movie. I'm just wonder if there will be scenes that aren't so intense. I know the movie isn't out, but from what we've seen I wonder if Edward is the same charmer of joke with Bella like the book. It might help if they had a scene with Bella and Edward in her room or the meadow or something. SO maybe i have a right to be a little concered.....  

Aqua Anjel

T0m03

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:00 pm
I think trailers are supposed to be clips of the scenes that make you want to watch the actual movie. I think that this book, with as many funny parts as it does, is more focused on the intensity of Bella and Edward's relationship. I mean, would you really rather just have the directors leak out all the important scenes of the movie for you so you can just piece them together yourself?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:51 am
In my opinion i really think everyone should stop freaking about about rb and the movie. The movie isnt out yet so stop making judgements about it. When it comes out and then and only then, if you didnt like his preformance then go ahead and get upset but until i think that we can only wait and see.  

yami sissira

Jellycones

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:18 pm
I think they're just trying to show clips of intense parts of the movies to lure people into watching the movie. That's basically what movie trailors do..we're not even seeing tiny clips of half of the movie, and so much happens! I have no doubt that they'll cease to show numerous scenes of the charming Edward.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:08 pm
yami sissira
In my opinion i really think everyone should stop freaking about about rb and the movie. The movie isnt out yet so stop making judgements about it. When it comes out and then and only then, if you didnt like his preformance then go ahead and get upset but until i think that we can only wait and see.

chick, chill out. im not complaining or upset about rob.  

Aqua Anjel

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:09 pm
T0m03
I think trailers are supposed to be clips of the scenes that make you want to watch the actual movie. I think that this book, with as many funny parts as it does, is more focused on the intensity of Bella and Edward's relationship. I mean, would you really rather just have the directors leak out all the important scenes of the movie for you so you can just piece them together yourself?
lol. to answer your question: YES! the suspense is killing me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:32 pm
THE MOVIE IS GOING TO BE HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I have to see it........  

animekitty93

T0m03

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:33 am
Aqua Anjel
T0m03
lol. to answer your question: YES! the suspense is killing me.

Ahh ha ha hah Actually, when I think about it, I want to do that also. It's SO LONG until December 12th!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:44 pm
animekitty93
THE MOVIE IS GOING TO BE HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I have to see it........

eek mmmk? well bring the actual book for comfort while your sitting though the horribleness of the Twilight movie. 3nodding  

Aqua Anjel

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:45 pm
I have complete faith in Robert as Edward. I think he'll do a really great job.
And I actually think the movie is going to be okay. It can't be word for word with the book, and we all know that. So we have to give up our unreal expectations and accept an editied version.
PLUS, I saw a interveiw with Stephenie somewhere where she said she was rather involved with the making. Like, they asked her questons of what they could and couldn't have and I've heard it is quite close to what actually happens in the book.
I liked the second trailer much more than the first. It was much more captivating and exciting, it was so much more fitted with the book. They put what they do on the backs of books and in trailers to make it look really good. They fill it with action!

And even if it does turn out to be a bucket of crap, I'll still go see it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:36 am
Personally, I don't think that the guy who is playing edward is cut out for the job. I really think the book should have been left as a book- and nothing more. I mean seriously edward is suppose to be perfect and there is no human being out there that can portray him-well-prefectly because one he-the actor is only human and two we all have our different ideas of perfection- but hey that's my personal opion  

keepitsimple365

vanny_jae

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:01 pm
i agree with .Bucket.of.Joy.

i mean, the movies are never as good as the books, but we have to accept that. The Twilight movie may not be as great as our beloved twilight book, but how can you capture all of that in 3 hours or less? And they did have Stephenie working with them, so i'm sure it couldn't be THAT bad. I also liked the second trailer best 3nodding xDD
I think that the movie will turn out to be pretty good though. Sure, they changed some things, and left others out, but if Stephenie Meyer approved of it, then we should be able to. She will have a better understanding of the characters then us fans will ever have, so i think we should trust her with this, and see how it turns out.

The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff