Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
FOR THOSE WHO ARE COMPLANING Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yami sissira

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:15 pm
Ok this is for all of you who are already complaining about Twilight the movie. IT hasn't even come out yet. It's really starting to get annoying when many of you are saying, " i dont like the fact the [ fill in the blank actor/actress ] is playing [ Twilight character ]. Wll then think about it this way, these people where chosen by Stephanie Meyer herself and she even mention on her offical site that everybody who was cast was exactly the way she pictured them to be...so who cares what we thought they'd look like or act like because shes the author and its how she pictured it.

Also for those who are like me and who are probably gonna freak because a scene from the movie isnt a part of the book, well take a look at this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqzyjRod-PQ

It shows that whatever was done, Stephanie approved of it....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:10 pm
Lol, I'm almost sure that everybody who has bitched & moaned already knew all of that. :/

We all have our own opinions as to who we like as actors/actresses, who we pictured to play the part...and just because Stephenie Meyer liked them, doesn't mean we necessarily have to.

Didn't Stephenie Meyer also say something about how everybody has their own pictures set up in their mind how the characters shall look? :]

I still am going to complain about Nikki Reed playing Rosalie. I don't like her as an actress...and she's not pretty enough to play Rosalie hahaha.

And Stephenie Meyer only helped pick out the actors, she didn't have full control.

Jellycones

yami sissira

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:51 pm
I agree that everyone has the own ideas and ways about how the move should go but at the same time there's nothing anyone can do about it now...their already cast and the movie's already filmed.... ( and i agree about nikki reed ) but it's over and done with...so maybe its time to stop the moaning and groaning....atleast until the movie comes out?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:04 pm
hun, take it from someone who knows. People are gonna complain about the movie until it comes out and even after. I've made plenty of post like this. Just hope when the movie comes out, they'll shut up and let the actors prove them wrong. I mean, I have some concerns, but who doesn't? We just want Twilight to translate and have the same awesomeness as the book. It's up to us (the people who are going to enjoy the movie no matter what) to support the cast and crew who are making our Twilight dreams come true. ^_^

Edit: I JUST REALIZED....I'm extra vamptastic cuz i rhymed! haha. lol.  

Aqua Anjel

yami sissira

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:21 pm
Aqua Anjel
hun, take it from someone who knows. People are gonna complain about the movie until it comes out and even after. I've made plenty of post like this. Just hope when the movie comes out, they'll shut up and let the actors prove them wrong. I mean, I have some concerns, but who doesn't? We just want Twilight to translate and have the same awesomeness as the book. It's up to us (the people who are going to enjoy the movie no matter what) to support the cast and crew who are making our Twilight dreams come true. ^_^

Edit: I JUST REALIZED....I'm extra vamptastic cuz i rhymed! haha. lol.
Lol i luffs you. Im just happy im not the pnly one whos tired of the crying.... =p  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:25 pm
awe, someone luffs me here ^_^
luff u too hun!  

Aqua Anjel

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:16 pm
I feel like I have every right to b***h and moan about who I don't like playing who. I don't think I need some one telling me that there's no need. If I feel like I need to say something, then hell, I'll shoot.

Sure, maybe you're annoyed by all of these other people bitching and moaning. But, look at it this way. Every one has their own imagination about how each character should look. It's already set in their brain, and looking at the movie makes it seem all wrong. If one little part is out of place, their going to say something, and mostly if they're die hard fans.

I think you need to cool it, and maybe ignore what these people have to say if it bugs you so much. So what? Opinions are opinions. Don't get everything in a bunch justs because some one has their opinions. Opinion doesn't mean fact.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:51 pm
I'll admit it, it's not fair to b***h and moan about the cast until the movie comes out and I see it for myself...and I know the cast won't change between now and the time the movie comes out...but I still have a right to my own opinion and to b***h and moan all I want until the movie comes out. If Nikki Reed happens to prove me wrong, I'll shut up. Or, if the other characters (Kristen, Rob, etc..) fail to bring it to the table, I'll just complain about that afterwards.

It happens with every movie, and especially those movies based on books. Some fans will be dissapointed, some will be elated. You can't help how you feel, so if you have a reason to voice the way you, so be it.

okay, im done :]  

Jellycones

Aradia Helevorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:57 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
I feel like I have every right to b***h and moan about who I don't like playing who. I don't think I need some one telling me that there's no need. If I feel like I need to say something, then hell, I'll shoot.

Sure, maybe you're annoyed by all of these other people bitching and moaning. But, look at it this way. Every one has their own imagination about how each character should look. It's already set in their brain, and looking at the movie makes it seem all wrong. If one little part is out of place, their going to say something, and mostly if they're die hard fans.

I think you need to cool it, and maybe ignore what these people have to say if it bugs you so much. So what? Opinions are opinions. Don't get everything in a bunch justs because some one has their opinions. Opinion doesn't mean fact.

I very much agree with that, but i'd also like to add that not everyone is complaining about the cast visiually. i for one am consurned for the quality of acting. who they have chosen i don't beleive will do justice. after taking acting classes and film school, I have seen better acting in class than some of the work i've seen them do (especially in the case of edward) although i will give kristen a chance because she can usually play a over stressed teen rather well so she might do ok but the others worry me. I even thought of boycotting the movie until it came out on video but one of my friends is willing to brave it so i'm going with her. but i fear it won't be worth the big screen and it won't do the book justice. i think that's more what we're all worried about. we just don't want to see a book we all love butchered like so many other books have been, (like bood and chocolate for one. i would burn that movie if i could, well, if it would erace the injustice) and i'm sure that is one thing you can understand.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:59 pm
I do agree that everyone has a set image in their head of who the characters would look like and I admit there are people I wanted that weren't the cast. I'm not going to complain like others have mentioned, until I've seen the movie. I have many doubts about the cast, but I'm not going to say anything bad about it until I've made up my mind after watching the movie.  

La Beaute

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:02 pm
Aradia Helevorn
Pubic Genital Lice

I very much agree with that, but i'd also like to add that not everyone is complaining about the cast visiually. i for one am consurned for the quality of acting. who they have chosen i don't beleive will do justice. after taking acting classes and film school, I have seen better acting in class than some of the work i've seen them do (especially in the case of edward) although i will give kristen a chance because she can usually play a over stressed teen rather well so she might do ok but the others worry me. I even thought of boycotting the movie until it came out on video but one of my friends is willing to brave it so i'm going with her. but i fear it won't be worth the big screen and it won't do the book justice. i think that's more what we're all worried about. we just don't want to see a book we all love butchered like so many other books have been, (like bood and chocolate for one. i would burn that movie if i could, well, if it would erace the injustice) and i'm sure that is one thing you can understand.

I see what you mean by the casts acting. Like, Kristen Stewart for example. I am not thrilled by what I've seen so far in her acting. And I am sure many in this guild have found that out already.

For another example, the first spoiler terrified me with her acting. Her fear was not up the standard of fear that should have been acted out. The second spoiler gave her a tiny bit better chance of me liking her. But, there was some parts I didn't believe were up to acting standards.

Although, Jellycones was nice enough to post a link to a youtube video that had a different movie Kristen was in. The movie, Into the Wild, she did pretty good in. As far as the youtube video showed with her in it.

See, and my main concern if for with her, is that she is suppose to be playing the main character. The main character is mostly the story.

So, yeah, I really do understand what you mean,

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:20 pm
This is my personal opinion. Ahem, here we go. I believe that eveyone has their own personal view of Edward, or Jacob. Like with the character Edward, everyone will be imagining him differently, because, in their minds, he is there dream guy. Robert Patterson will just be representing that character to try and put the story across. Personally, I love the cast and can't wait to see the movie. I just approach things like this with the attitude that I'm not going to try and compair it to the book. Because I find if I do that, it will usually ruin the movie for me. . . .Anyway, that's my take on things.  

Captain Jacky Sparr

yami sissira

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:42 pm
I understand competely what your all saying and its not like i didnt have my own ideas as to what the characters looked like but the movies not eve n out yet. It's only fair that the movie should be seen first before everyone starts insulting the actors. Im not saying that i didnt have my own views as to what all of the twilight cast would have looked like but its not fair to judge the people on past preformances and how they look. For all we know, the could totally blow us away?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:08 pm
yami sissira
I understand competely what your all saying and its not like i didnt have my own ideas as to what the characters looked like but the movies not eve n out yet. It's only fair that the movie should be seen first before everyone starts insulting the actors. Im not saying that i didnt have my own views as to what all of the twilight cast would have looked like but its not fair to judge the people on past preformances and how they look. For all we know, the could totally blow us away?

Complete agreement.  

La Beaute

Meiko-san Akizuki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:12 pm
Well, I think all your opinions have good reasoning behind them.
here's mine:
the cast is OFFICIALLY chosen. At first, I don't think I like ANYONE in that cast. I didn't like ANYONE. But I learned to accept them, cuz what else can i do? Your complaints can't do anything so why not just learn to cope with it and enjoy what we have? this is twilight afterall. and those actors are only human; NO ONE can really play those amazing vamps. NO ONE. Some of you think there are others that can do a better job but, DROP IT. it's just your OPINIONS.The person who chose them had their own.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff