Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
Book Quotes Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:13 pm
What are some of your favorite quotes from books?

These quotes can be from any books - fiction or nonfiction! They could be funny, inspirational, interesting, witty, or anything else!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:33 pm

Okay, so you need to know a bit of history for this to be funny. [Okay, you probably should read the book (Shatterglass by Tamora Pierce<3), but whatever]
Dema is the eqivalent of a private investigator, and the highest class citizen in Tharios, and with this phrase can order anyone to help him.
Kethlun is from Namorn.

'Dema drew himself up, his face taking on that
lofty, distant, proud cast that it had worn when he came
to Jumshida's house to arrest Keth. "Are you a citizen of
Tharios?" he demanded.

"No," Keth replied.'

Well, I think it's funny. But I suppose it has to be in context.

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:08 am
Interesting. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:10 am
"Where there are legends, there can be hope. Where there are legends, there can be dreams of knightly owls, from a kingdom called Ga'Hoole, who will rise into the blackness and preform noble deeds."

~From the Guardians of Ga'hoole series by Kathryn Lasky.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Francois Bonnefoy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:02 pm
"Ofcoarse it's a trap. that's what makes it interesting."

-Artemis Fowl  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:10 am
I love that Artemis Fowl quote! ^_^  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Furyal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:58 am
'Artemis sighed. He felt guilt. Ever since he found those contact lenses in his eyes, his mother somehow always could make him guilty.'
Well, I'm not sure if those were the exact words, but it's from Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:58 am
I love, love, love Arty! ^_^ But, my favorite character shall always be Holly. *nods enthusiastically* GO HOLLY-CHAN! Don't ask. I always feel tempted to call her "Holly-chan." XD;; Hehe. Or, Captain Short!  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Furyal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:43 pm
Foaly is my favourie character. Julius.....Second.
Why did he hafta die!? =(
Then Mulch third,
Followed by Butler,
Then Artemis.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:55 am
I cried when Commander Root died ! I liked him. I didn't think he was that much of a sexist. I think he was just hard on Holly because she had true potential. XD I sort of shipped them together. Like in 4th grade. razz I don't count that as a true shipping though. XD A LONG time ago, I thought they were kind of cute together, but then I decided NOT to ship them. Because I like shipping Holly with Artemis! YAY! ^_^ Minerva and Artemis is kind of cute, too, but I think Minerva should be more of a best friend. Especially since they're both geniuses. ^_~

Holly x Artemis! I don't ship them HARDCORE, but I think they're good together. I'm not as obsessed with them as, say, Otulissa x Cleve or Ichiruki or Taang, though. I wouldn't mind THAT much if it didn't happen. I just kind of like it. ^_^ Just like Holly and Root in 4th grade I guess. xD;; Yeah... *is embarrassed*  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:00 pm

Spoiler Alert for the Time Paradox vv

I was kinda like wow when Holly kissed Artemis, because I was going, well what about that other genius girl. But then I was yay, even though I knew it couldn't work :/

kkdone(:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:07 am
Oh ...My ...FRINKIN' GLAUX!!!! Are you serious?!?!? YAY! Wait - kiss on the cheek, or lips?! OH MY GLAUX OH MY GLAUX! OH MY FRINKIN' GLAUX! 0_0

biggrin

I am happy! *starts to ship Artemis and Holly together more*

YAY! Arty x Holly forever!  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:35 pm

Read and find out(:
It's worth it anyway
because it's an interesting book just on its own
and there's gonna be one after it too!
:]
yay!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:40 pm
I am SO behind.

"Excuse me," Alice asked. "Could you tell me where I should walk?"
"Okay, where do you want to go?" Said the cat.
"Of, it don't car-"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you walk."
Alice in Wonderland. =D  

Furyal

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:40 am
Irishroseh

Read and find out(:
It's worth it anyway
because it's an interesting book just on its own
and there's gonna be one after it too!
:]
yay!

OH MY FRINKIN' GLAUX! YES! YES! CONTINUE THE SERIES FOREVER!! Ahem. Holly and Artemis together?! YAY. To be honest, in Artemis Fowl, I don't hate any shippings, like in other books/animes/mangas. All lthe shippings have some sort of good factor, and they're all pretty cute! biggrin Of course I ship Holly and Artemis, but if Minerva and Artemis kissed, I wouldn't have been spazzing out. There's no 'bad' shipping. I used to ship Holly x Root actually...but after he died, I decided that he liked her more like a daughter/sister than anything else. And... the Graphic Novel scarred me for life. They made Root look like... A POTATO. Ahem. XD  
•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff